Maria will end 2013 at No.4 in the WTA rankings. This is the seventh time that Maria has ended the year ranked in the top 5 despite missing most of the second half of the year due to a shoulder injury.
Highlights of 2013 include winning Indian Wells and Stuttgart and reaching the final at the French Open and the semis of the Australian Open.
Here is the top 10:
1. Serena Williams (USA) 13260
2. Victoria Azarenka (BLR) 8046
3. Li Na (CHN) 6045
4. Maria Sharapova (RUS) 5891
5. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 5875
6. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 4775
7. Sara Errani (ITA) 4435
8. Jelena Jankovic (SRB) 4170
9. Angelique Kerber (GER) 3965
10. Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 3520