logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<45678>»
US Open 2013
CROUCHING TIGER
#104 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 12:21:53 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
Women's Singles Draw

http://2013.usopen.org/e.../index.html?promo=subnav

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alireza on 8/23/2013(UTC)
midaso
#106 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 12:26:54 AM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Yes,no doubt if Genie wins a slam she will blow up and become the next Maria Sharapova,of that I'm pretty certain. Much bigger than the likes of Ana Ivanovic,because of her advantage of speaking good English therefore more likely to attract big US sponsors

3 users thanked midaso for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/23/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 8/23/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 8/23/2013(UTC)
midaso
#105 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 12:28:47 AM(UTC)
midaso

CROUCHING TIGER;326486 wrote:

Hopefully the likes of Sloane Stephens,Li Na,Caroline Wozniacki can step up big time and eliminate the ever annoying top 2 of Vika and Serena

I see Grigor has drawn Novak in the 3rd round - pity for him,he never seems to get past that stage,will continue unless he can get his ranking up a bit higher. No doubt Maria will stick around to watch 2 of the many guys she's slept with clash in round 3

CROUCHING TIGER
#109 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 12:37:48 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Yep, a lot of the "new young generation" to take over there. Bouchard, Stephens

already "race" to the top. And we'll see other names stick up their young racquet...

Serena is almost "DONE", won't last that long anymore but not Vika !

midaso
#110 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 12:50:16 AM(UTC)
midaso

Vika will have a great career,I'm sure of it,although I don't like her. She knows how to win ugly,she can play like sh*t and still win most of the time. She has a rubbish serve and can still beat Serena in a final so what will it be like if she improves her serve?
CROUCHING TIGER
#112 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 1:53:06 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Just read an interesting article in a Belgian newspaper about Masha's troubles since Wimbledon(medical stuff).

Almost all told her NOT to play Cincy but she did with the consequences we know. The rest is

history as they say. She's out for months now and problably for the rest of the season.

A re-start too soon(Japan) could mean the END of her career said a doctor in that article who also

went in detail about her injury...

http://www.medicinenet.c...der_bursitis/article.htm

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Imnumber2 on 8/23/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 8/23/2013(UTC)
Philli Wan
#113 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 2:24:44 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

Hey Tiger, I would love to know who those doctors were who 'suppossedly' told her not to play.  IF Maria really did have the re-occurring problem with her shoulder, she would have known that it was wise to stop playing after Wimbledon, make the announcement and get on with the re-hab.  Is this girl really SO STUPID that she just ignored it, knowing the consequences from last time in 2008.  Instead, it is kept 'secret', she continues to train real hard and even enters a tournament, albeit for only one round.  There was no benefit to lying about the injury...it never stopped her doing any of her PR work.  

This is something dreamed up at the last moment a couple of day ago when her team realised she was in no state whatsoever to play competitive tennis after sitting on her ass for 9 weeks.  Better, as always, to fake an injury than to get blown away on court. 

But, didn't Max say that the namechange thing would have been too complicated because she is off to Asia and China right after the US Open.  Why would he say that, if he already knew that she had a serious shoulder injury?  It's as though they were making this up as they went along.  Each cover up trying to cover the previous cover up.

2 users thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/23/2013(UTC), leopold2 on 8/27/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#114 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 3:31:30 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

My dear Philli Wan, i read and wrote about that article for the "hardcore"-believers. I myself

would like to see some medical papers or other stuff to be fully "convinced" and even then...:)...yep?

But if she had problems with that shoulder, then she's indeed "SO STUPID" to train & play and

risk her CAREER !!! I wrote enough about the cover-up, Eisenbud, Connors & her namechange and

what bull that is. We'll know for sure if she shows up in Asia or on the cover of a magazine

what the "real score" is. Maybe at the USO with a BIG BANDAGE AROUND THE SHOULDER ? LOL

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Philli Wan on 8/23/2013(UTC)
Imnumber2
#111 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 7:53:18 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

midaso;326493 wrote:
Vika will have a great career,I'm sure of it,although I don't like her. She knows how to win ugly,she can play like sh*t and still win most of the time. She has a rubbish serve and can still beat Serena in a final so what will it be like if she improves her serve?

Yep, I'm very much agree with you about Vika, Serena, Bouchard and Stephens and I don't like Vika either. Stephens has a good chance to go far but I don't think Bouchard is ready yet. She is still not strong enough to play in a long 2-3 hours match. If I have to compare Bouchard to Maria at age 17, Maria is mentally very strong , still is.

Again thx Tiger for the usefull link. As we all know how stubborn Maria is, I'm so not surprised. until she end up cancelling the most important event of the year, for her and all her sponsors.

This confirm that she is not chicken out but perharps is forced to cancel due to the shoulder problem. I'm sure her sponsors would rather see her around for few more years.

Hate her all you want but she does attract fans around the world and that is good for Women tennis. Look what is left in the draw that is attractive, very few!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
1 user thanked Imnumber2 for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/23/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#116 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 10:38:33 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

MARIA SHARAPOVA: How The World's Highest-Paid Female Athlete Makes And Spends Her Millions...

http://www.businessinsid...ia-sharapova-2013-8?op=1

Money,money,money...it's so funny:)

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Alain44 on 8/23/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 8/23/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#117 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 10:42:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/k-cH9Ix8EtM

Cover-up today with the past Philli Wan ?

appaloosa
#115 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 1:53:02 PM(UTC)
appaloosa

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 108 post(s)

CROUCHING TIGER;326500 wrote:
My dear Philli Wan, i read and wrote about that article for the "hardcore"-believers. I myself

would like to see some medical papers or other stuff to be fully "convinced" and even then...:)...yep?

But if she had problems with that shoulder, then she's indeed "SO STUPID" to train & play and

risk her CAREER !!! I wrote enough about the cover-up, Eisenbud, Connors & her namechange and

what bull that is. We'll know for sure if she shows up in Asia or on the cover of a magazine

what the "real score" is. Maybe at the USO with a BIG BANDAGE AROUND THE SHOULDER ? LOL
Tell me I am wrong here,

Tiger.  Do you write your comments and opinions to "suit" different audiences on the forum?  Some for the

'less knowledgeable', some for the 'more infatuated' of Maria's fans, some for the insiders?  What

comment is sarcastic, what is a joke, what is to be taken seriously?  Do you believe in Maria at all?   

Brebis
#118 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 2:05:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)

Her injury can't be that bad as Maria wrote on facebook , "it was really a tough decision not to play at the USOpen. If you are in trouble and pain the decision is made in a second !! Why all of a sudden you come up with a shoulder injury, I don't know. Burn out or pregnant ?!! LOL   

matchpoint
#119 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 2:24:28 PM(UTC)
matchpoint

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)

She was complaining about pain on Aug 10, on twitter. 

Ice bath is code, for pain. She was using her backhand above the caption that said 'probably thinking about an ice bath after this shot'.

Only an ass would damage their body by trying to compete professionally, while damaged, in tennis.

Tennis is a lot more strenuous than many, if not most, pro sports. 

The game necessitates 100% facility, or you can forget winning.

It isn't like baseball for chrisakes. In games like football and basketball...you aren't continuously in the game. You don't have constant contact with the ball, so to speak. It would make more sense to risk exposure to further injury on a football field than on a tennis court. Because in other games you still have a chance to win. And when you lose early in tennis, it's as if you lost to the worst team. Tennis is far too attritive for any weakness to triumph. It's just how it is. 

Why play if you cannot win? 

She may be strong willed, even stubborn, but she isn't stupid.

1 user thanked matchpoint for this useful post.
Alain44 on 8/23/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#107 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 3:11:30 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1871 time(s) in 1241 post(s)

midaso;326487 wrote:
Yes,no doubt if Genie wins a slam she will blow up and become the next Maria Sharapova,of that I'm pretty certain. Much bigger than the likes of Ana Ivanovic,because of her advantage of speaking good English therefore more likely to attract big US sponsors

As well as passable French. Genie & her coach, Nathalie Tauziat, chatter on court in le québécois.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/24/2013(UTC)
deadchip
#94 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 3:24:18 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)

Imnumber2;326461 wrote:

CROUCHING TIGER;326460 wrote:

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

There's a new "blonde" in town...and she's "dangerous":)

AND SHE IS FROM MY MONTREAL!!!! MY TOWN!!!!

I grew up in MTL!!! Do you still live there? Genie has a decent draw, though she would get Kerber in the second round, but I think that she can take her, but, of course, she is in Serena's quarter, but I think she can make it to the QF's if she is on her game. First up Pliskova though. She has no points to defend at the USO either. Genie is my #1A too... Ever since I watched her practice in 2010 at the roger's cup at the age of 16; total package, not a delicate flower, great looks, big game, smarts and personnality. She will be very rich unless she has a major injury or plateau's outside the top 20.

There were reports on Twitter of Maria's shoulder bothering her in Cinci. I can't imagine Maria pulling out of the USO, unless she was genuinely not able to play. I'm sure she was not willing to acknowledge shoulder problems to the media, as there would be a ton of speculation about her career being done and wanted to avoid that kind of PR as long as possible. I know she has lots going on outside of tennis, but she has always managed to balance everything. The name change thing was a total PR masterpiece in my opinion, got all the PR and didn't actually have to do anything. Very smart. I do fear for her tennis career at the moment..... Look at Aggie's draw, which would have been Masha's, easy, easy, easy. Crap

GET WELL MARIA! I miss watching you play.

Masha is my #1!!
3 users thanked deadchip for this useful post.
appaloosa on 8/23/2013(UTC), Alain44 on 8/23/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 8/24/2013(UTC)
appaloosa
#108 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 3:42:02 PM(UTC)
appaloosa

paul_pipkin;326510 wrote:

midaso;326487 wrote:

As well as passable French. Genie & her coach, Nathalie Tauziat, chatter on court in le québécois.

As I said on page 5 of this topic, Genie has impeccable French (Quebecois) and English and

transitions seamlessly between them.  Thus Genie becomes a very sought-after young lady because of the

widespread use of English in sport, as well as French being the official language of the Olympics.  And

Genie Bouchard can play tennis !!

2 users thanked appaloosa for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/23/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 8/24/2013(UTC)
Imnumber2
#120 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 4:07:21 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Yes, I'm back and forth beween Montreal, Quebec and Virginia. Looks like we are all want to see Genie to go far!!!! 

appaloosa
#121 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 4:58:54 PM(UTC)
appaloosa

Imnumber2;326513 wrote:

Yes, I'm back and forth beween Montreal, Quebec and Virginia. Looks like we are all want to see Genie to go far!!!! 

What a beautiful triangle you move in.  I've been fortunate to travel a bit and I've been to all three

spots (where in Virginia?  Reston?  Roanoke?  Norfolk?) Just so it's clear (you mean it wasn't?) I am an

unabashed HUGE fan of Genie... My "1A".

Imnumber2
#122 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 5:36:08 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

appaloosa;326514 wrote:

Imnumber2;326513 wrote:

What a beautiful triangle you move in.  I've been fortunate to travel a bit and I've been to all three

spots (where in Virginia?  Reston?  Roanoke?  Norfolk?) Just so it's clear (you mean it wasn't?) I am an

unabashed HUGE fan of Genie... My "1A".

Neither, it's fairfax well Reston is not very far but didn't have a chance to visit much, work-work-work!!! :(

Genie is from a very nice town, Westmount the nicest town of Montreal!!!