logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<23456>»
US Open 2013
CROUCHING TIGER
#61 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:21:04 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)

Don't believe a word of that "injury". TOO MUCH CRAP GOIN' AROUND WITH CONNORS, SUGARPOVA-CIRCUS...fans must cool down and be sad now. I'll give her this...she and her management, Yuri included know damn well how to put up a SMOKE SCREEN when it's needed...didn't like those "stars & stripes"-show anyway...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
appaloosa on 8/22/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#64 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:25:53 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

GOTCHA Appaloosa, read that message and agree. See above for another confirmation "big changes"

are comin' our way. Midaso's hunch isn't that far from reality..."sugarpova" could close herself

sooner then expected...just a hunch, have those sometimes:)

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
midaso
#62 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:28:05 AM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post

Don't believe a word of that "injury". TOO MUCH CRAP GOIN' AROUND WITH CONNORS, SUGARPOVA-CIRCUS...fans must cool down and be sad now. I'll give her this...she and her management, Yuri included know damn well how to put up a SMOKE SCREEN when it's needed...didn't like those "stars & stripes"-show anyway...

Nah,Maria's a warrior. She'd never pull out of a grand slam without a legitimate injury

1 user thanked midaso for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/22/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#65 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:35:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

LOL...dream on, my LOTR-WARRIOR:)

paul_pipkin
#66 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:03:16 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

To me, it's pretty much the same difference. If something doesn't feel right, this close to the start date, then all those other considerations come immediately to bear as well.  I would imagine there'd be unanimous agreement--Max, Yuri, all. But that does not say she isn't hurt.

PS: We went over the whole bursitis thing five years ago & it seems no one troubles to look it up. It is a chronic inflammatory condition that may well have contributed to her previous injury.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
midaso
#68 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:11:25 AM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Will be interesting to see if she stays on to watch her boyfriend,and probably have a spell in the commentary booth as well. I could understand if she doesn't though,must be tough for a player being in a grand slam environment and not being able to compete
1 user thanked midaso for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/22/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#69 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:18:14 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

Originally Posted by: midaso Go to Quoted Post
Will be interesting to see if she stays on to watch her boyfriend,and probably have a spell in the commentary booth as well. I could understand if she doesn't though,must be tough for a player being in a grand slam environment and not being able to compete

Plus perhaps not so cool with the recently retired Keothavong commentating for Brit Eurosport. Wouldn't want a parallel  being drawn.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
jameshazza
#70 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:22:55 AM(UTC)
jameshazza

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I can't believe some of the posts in her official forum.

The injury is legit, and has been there since before RG. Maria even required cortisone shots but they weren't effective. Also she couldn't serve for the first two weeks with Connors such was the pain. We'll be lucky to see her back at the AO. These are very sad and worrisome times so I have to say I'm more than a little disappointed with regards to the posts in here.

Also, here is your real reason behind the Connors split, Maria clearly suggested that he may coach her again in the future at last night's Sugarpova launch. I'm sure she knew an extended lay off would be coming, no point paying him $20,000 a week when she won't be fit to train. And even if that's not the case, Maria had the experience with Hoggy to know how long it would take for the relationship with Jimmy to build. For Maria to fire him so soon, something happened that made it obvious it was never going to work, so she was best to end it before further results were affected.

And the one thing you can never doubt is Maria's commitment, I don't know why you guys are claiming she hasn't been training when all we've been getting these past few weeks is training pics. Also the Sugarpova thing was never going to happen, Maria got more press for the brand in the past 24 hours that she did at launch. Mission accomplished. I mean 'Maria Sugarpova', as if Maria would ever seriously entertain that notion. Also, it was Max that leaked the Sugarpova thing, as he handles all business aspects. Do you honestly think Max circulating a rumour is taking hours and hours away from Maria's time on the court? Please.

Like I said, this injury is serious, it could easily spell the end of her career. It's support she needs.

CROUCHING TIGER
#71 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:56:29 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Oh c'mon, Connors got the sack otherwise she wouldn't panic and call Yuri as last resort.

Once again, that and all that "sugarpova"-stuff would've made her the target of yankmedia

and other moutpieces. She would never had make the first week in these conditions and just quit...

As Philli would say..."THE WRITING WAS ON THE WALL" and that's all...

Alireza
#73 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:07:33 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

I don't know what is happening with Maria's career! Injury, coach, withdrawing!!! But it's clear that we shouldn't expect Maria to end year as No.1!

Maria withdraws from tournaments due injury, ok. I wish she gets better soon! We want to see her as No.1 but definitely it's impossible for her in this season!

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
Alain44 on 8/22/2013(UTC)
Philli Wan
#74 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:17:34 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

Nope.  Dont believe a word of it. In her own comments, she mentioned 'since Wimbledon'....every time she has some 'major loss or loses to a lower ranked player, she comes up ....weeks later.... with some kind of injury that was bothering her at the time.  If you remember, it was her stomach that was supposedly giving her problems at the French Open and she played no matches til Wimbledon.  Now 9 weeks later after only 1 lost match, and a massive PR program these last two months...everytime you look on the homepage there's something else that she has been doing.  

So suddenly she realises that without a coach, she has no idea how to train...the strict momentum demanded by Thomas...successfully, has gone.  I told you, the US Open would be a fiasco if she played.  She knows as well as anybody, that another loss early in the Tournament would not look good for her image...and the egotist in her knows it too.  She also knows that the millions who love her and even some of you on here, will still believe her bullshit and take sympathy on her.  Not me; I can spot bullshit when I see it.  She has pulled this crap so many times over the last 6 years from lying about her real shoulder injury as far back as 2007 when she kept on playing all through the season so her Sponsors wouldn't get worried.. Finally in 2008 the shoulder collapsed and THEN she said, it's been bothering her for over a year, pain day and night, sometimes she couldn't sleep. 

Dont you see what's coming?  She's making so much money, she firmly believes she will continue to do it without Tennis as her mainstay.  She will retire..injured.... and slowly but surely disappear.  The possibility to be Number One will never happen as long as Serena and Vika are still playing, and she just doesn't have that much time to wait.  

Okay, so she has all the money in the world.  Fine.  Quit tennis and try to make an honest girl out of yourself.

1 user thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/22/2013(UTC)
jameshazza
#72 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:19:45 AM(UTC)
jameshazza

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
Oh c'mon, Connors got the sack otherwise she wouldn't panic and call Yuri as last resort.

Once again, that and all that "sugarpova"-stuff would've made her the target of yankmedia

and other moutpieces. She would never had make the first week in these conditions and just quit...

As Philli would say..."THE WRITING WAS ON THE WALL" and that's all...

Nobody outside of the hardcore tennis fans and media, which isn't that large pays attention to these coaching changes. That garnered no negative press.

Also Sugarpova was a shameless PR stunt, but it worked. It got more exposure in the past 48 hours than it got even at launch. This time next year, nobody will even remeber it.

And, I fully expected maria to make QF/SFs of the USO (although that was before I knew how seriously injured her shoulder was). Yuri back would have done her good, also you do realise she's been hitting with Dimitrov every day for the past week? No other hitting partner comes close to that calibre. 

Besides, the main story here is the injury. This is what it started out last time, and if 4 months of rehab and cortisone can do nothing for it then it looks like another surgery. And would Maria even decide to go through that again after last time and given that she's now 26? Shut your trap talking BS about irrelevant things like coaches and Sugarpova when there are more important things at stake, mainly Maria's effing tennis career.

CROUCHING TIGER
#75 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:28:56 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

WELL SAID, Philli Wan, as always. Agree with those wise words, almost nobody believed/believes in here but always come thru !!!

Philli Wan
#77 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:41:15 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Does anybody else bother to go to the Homepage before coming into the Forum. You should.  Among all the other crap filling the Homepage these days is always pics of her training ...either in a gym or on court.  If she was suffering as bad as she claims to be, she would not be doing half the exercises she 'appears' to be doing because they would only do harm to an injured shoulder.  Like everything else, this is a PR gag dreamed up my Max the Millionaire from Masha's percentage, to distract the public away from all the other crap that's been put out these last weeks.  A loss at the US Open because she fired Jimmy and Thomas dumped her, just isn't on the cards for good Masha PR.   No, what Max needed was something to make the people say 'aaaaaaah, poor Maria, that awful shoulder injury', and its working.  But what about the rest of the season.  Wasn't she off to Asia after the Open?  To play tennis or open more Sugarpova stores? 

Quit Maria, and do everybody a favour.

jameshazza
#78 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:49:51 AM(UTC)
jameshazza

Originally Posted by: Philli Wan Go to Quoted Post

Does anybody else bother to go to the Homepage before coming into the Forum. You should.  Among all the other crap filling the Homepage these days is always pics of her training ...either in a gym or on court.  If she was suffering as bad as she claims to be, she would not be doing half the exercises she 'appears' to be doing because they would only do harm to an injured shoulder.  Like everything else, this is a PR gag dreamed up my Max the Millionaire from Masha's percentage, to distract the public away from all the other crap that's been put out these last weeks.  A loss at the US Open because she fired Jimmy and Thomas dumped her, just isn't on the cards for good Masha PR.   No, what Max needed was something to make the people say 'aaaaaaah, poor Maria, that awful shoulder injury', and its working.  But what about the rest of the season.  Wasn't she off to Asia after the Open?  To play tennis or open more Sugarpova stores? 

Quit Maria, and do everybody a favour.

I hope you stand by that when her shoulder forces her to quit. This is legit.

Now I can see why nobody posts here, y'all are f*cking retared. Her own fans. I truly hope she never reads any of this.

CROUCHING TIGER
#80 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:59:23 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

I never had so many choices in media and press to post an article in here. All papers, worldwide,

wrote about Connors & the "suggastunt". Never saw so much negative reactions on the social networks

too. FORGOTTEN? Connors maybe but "sugarpova" is for always written on her "wall" !!!

Oh well, won't lose my time with another fanboy...lots will follow to pledge tears over "holy Sugarpova"...

jameshazza
#81 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:08:24 AM(UTC)
jameshazza

And it's no loss on me that a bipolar retard cannot comprehend how serious this injury is.
Are you even a fan?
CROUCHING TIGER
#82 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:18:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Me? Who wrote 1136 retarted posts and was thanked 1814 times by other users?

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Philli Wan on 8/22/2013(UTC), Alireza on 8/22/2013(UTC)
Philli Wan
#83 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:04:14 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Make that 1815.

Alireza
#84 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:38:19 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)
And 1816 ;)
Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.