logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Sabine Lisicki
Alireza
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 2:40:41 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Sabine Lisicki  born 22 September 1989 is a German professional tennis player. She turned professional in 2006 and her breakthrough came in 2009 when she reached the quarterfinals of the Wimbledon Championships and won her first WTA title, the Family Circle Cup, against Caroline Wozniacki. In March 2010, she suffered an ankle injury at the Indian Wells Masters that kept her out of competition for five months and saw her fall out of the top 100.

She rebounded in 2011 and won the Aegon Classic before entering the Wimbledon Championships as a wildcard and going on to reach the semifinals, where she lost toMaria Sharapova. In doing so she became only the second woman in Wimbledon history to make it to the semifinals while entering the tournament as a wildcard.[1] She followed that two months later by winning her third WTA tournament, the Texas Open. In 2012, she achieved her career-highest ranking, 12th, and again reached the quarterfinals of the Wimbledon Championships. Again, in 2012 she suffered from another left ankle injury that prevented her from having better results on tour. She has reached the final of the 2013 Wimbledon Championships and will play Marion Bartoli in the final on 7 July 2013.

In doubles, Lisicki won the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in 2011 with Samantha Stosurand in 2013 with Mona Barthel. She also reached the doubles final at Wimbledon in 2011 with Stosur and came fourth in the mixed doubles at the 2012 London Olympicswith Christopher Kas.

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
Alireza
#2 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 3:05:59 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Wimbledon women's final match will start at 2:00 PM -London Time-

Hope Sabine to play as well as previous matches and win this grand slam! Bartoli is a good player and she has reached to final match and this shows she wants to beat, and win the tournament! And also Bartoli's ranking is better than Sabine but Sabine beat No.1 ,Serena,! 

Best wishes for Sabine and success in final match :-)

Boom Boom Bina 

Alireza
#3 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 3:14:28 PM(UTC)
Alireza

SABINE BEFORE THE FINAL

On the final against Bartoli...
"It's a final, so it'll be good, I think. She plays aggressive tennis so it'll be a totally different game than my semifinal. But I've had a lot of challenges on my way to the finals with players being aggressive, players who were very solid and players moving very well, so it will be another challenge for me.

"I don't really think about it too much though. I will just go out there to win the match. I just want to be better than my opponent, and that's all I'm thinking about. I'm totally focused on the match."

On her routine the morning of the final...
"The same as usual: get up, have a good breakfast, warm up, eat something, get ready for the match."

On what she'll be listening to when she goes on court...
"When I walk on court, probably Play Hard."

On speaking with Becker on Friday...
"I've just spoken with him. Actually I did an interview with him. I asked him a couple of questions, how it was for him - he actually won the first final he was in, so that's pretty good."

On the sacrifices her parents made for her tennis career...
"Well, my parents did everything possible to let me play tennis. I appreciate it so much. My dad has worked from 8 o'clock in the morning until 9 o'clock in the evening to make it possible for me to play tennis. We had to cancel tournaments sometimes because we couldn't afford to go there. We were driving by car. It's been a big, big challenge. So to get to this point really means a lot to us."

On how she overcame her allergy to grass...
"Well, I learned how to cope with that. In the beginning, the first time I was here, I was struggling with the allergies. But now I know what to do, what to take, to calm them down. I'm on medication."

On her favorite nickname...
"Well, one of the first ones I think of is Boom Boom Bina. Yeah, I think it suits my game. Bina is my nickname in Germany, so I think that suits me quite well with my game."

On whether she ever thought she would come this far after her ankle injury in 2010...
"Yes. I always believed in it. Always. No matter what happened. I can still remember when the doctor told me I had to be on crutches the next six weeks. I was like, 'Okay, when can I get back?' That period made me such a stronger person and a player. I know anything is possible after learning how to walk again. Coming back to play the semis here after dropping to No.220, anything's possible."

On what keeps her going when she's going through difficult times...
"The passion for the sport. I love the sport so much. I miss it so much when I cannot be out there playing on the court. The love for the game just gives me belief to overcome anything that comes. And also there have been some biographies that helped me go through that, and some inspiring stories."

On on what those biographies and stories were, exactly...
"Hermann Maier. I read his book while I was injured. Almost losing his leg and then coming back and becoming the world champion in his sport, I think was just an unbelievable story. Also Drew Brees, an American football player, quarterback. Nobody believed he could come back after his shoulder - he has torn everything there was in the shoulder - and he still came back and was one of the best."

And on whether she has ever met either of them...
"Unfortunately not. I would love to."

1 user thanked Alireza for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 7/5/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 1:17:13 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Sabine couldn't play as well as her previous matches and lost! Bartoli showed a great performance and she won, congratulations french player :-)

However, Sabine showed her desire and she also she showed that she can beat anyone and will fight in each match!

She beat Serena, this is a great victory for her but she wasn't good enough at final! 

Anyway, best wishes for her and success at other tournaments! 

Boom Boom Bina  

Alireza
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 6:19:43 AM(UTC)
Alireza

SABINE AFTER THE FINAL

On nerves...
"I was a little bit surprised because I felt fine this morning. But it's an occasion you don't get every day. So it's something completely new for me. But I will learn and take away so much from it. I have done that in the past. Experience has always helped me so much. When I was in the quarterfinals here for the first time, when I was in the semis for the first time, and now in the final for the first time. I've always gained experience here, and I hope that next time it will help me to go one step further."

On what it was about the occasion that made it sink in the most...
"I think everything together. The walk on court is different - you walk on with flowers, you walk on together. Everything is a little bit different. You've been here for two weeks. The feeling and the atmosphere get different. But still, it's been a great tournament for me. I've played my best tennis here. I had to take out the champion and runner-up from last year, so that's pretty big. This will help me continue to play well and get better - this tournament definitely made me a better player."

On the crowd...
"I think the crowd helped me a lot in the moment. When they got up and applauded and tried to get me back into it, they gave me the energy to get back into it and try everything. But obviously, after those two weeks and having so many hard matches, it's draining. I think Marion was fresher today."

On the late surge in the second set...
"I wasn't thinking about pressure. I was just trying to enjoy myself again, as I've done in the past two weeks. I tried to convince myself to have fun, because that's what I love to do. It's still the court I love most. I thought, 'Hang in there for every point.' And I was really fighting for every point."

On Bartoli...
"We're good friends. We've known each other for a while. We've had some tough matches. It was good to play against her. She deserves it. She's been on tour for so long. I'm happy for her. Of course I'm disappointed, but I'm happy for her, and I hope I'll get the chance to go further one day, as well."

On translating her amazing success at Wimbledon to the rest of the season...
"I'm really looking forward to playing a lot of tournaments. I'm very happy I'm healthy. That's been a struggle in the past. But this year I've been getting much, much better, and much more consistent, because I was healthy. That helps a lot. And taking a physio with me more often will help, as well."

On whether she believes she can come back again and win the title, like Bartoli did...
"Yes. I still believe in it. I did believe in it in the beginning of the tournament, that anything is possible. I'm getting better with each tournament, and with each year I'm on the tour. So that's something that will help me for the future. As I've said before, I've learned a lot from experience. I really do. From the quarter and semifinal here in the past, I've learned a lot, and I went one step further this time."

And on her greatest and toughest moments of the fortnight...
"Well, today is the toughest one. The happiest, well, there were two. Beating Serena, obviously, because she's been nearly unbeaten all year. Everybody was saying that it was impossible to beat her, especially on grass here at Wimbledon. So, to pull that off, and the way it went also, the kind of rallies we had, it was just such good quality tennis. It really did give me a lot of joy and confidence.

"But obviously also beating Radwanska, who was in the final last year. Just the whole journey."

CROUCHING TIGER on 7/7/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 1:11:57 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Sabine is preparing for her nest tournament,Stanford Open,! Good luck Sabine, play as strong as your Wimbledon matches. You can win this tournament!

Boom Boom Bina

Alireza
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:30:59 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Pavlyuchenkova Outslugs Lisicki

NEW HAVEN, CT, USA - Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova pulled off the latest surprise at the New Haven Open at Yale on Tuesday night, taking No.7 seed Sabine Lisicki out in straight sets under the lights.

Watch live action from New Haven starting Wednesday on WTA Live powered by TennisTV!

With Angelique Kerber, Roberta Vinci and Dominika Cibulkova already out over the last few days, this time it was the No.7-seeded Lisicki's time to go, though things didn't look that way early on - she won the first three games of the match. But Pavlyuchenkova came alive just in time, winning seven of the next nine games to sneak out the 56-minute first set, and eventually closing the match out, 75 63.

Pavlyuchenkova's win over the No.18-ranked Lisicki was her fourth Top 20 win of the year, her first three Top 20 wins actually being Top 10 wins too, defeating Kerber twice and Petra Kvitova once.

CROUCHING TIGER on 8/21/2013(UTC)
Alireza
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:41:10 PM(UTC)
Alireza

Sabine lost at 3rd round of US Open against Makarova, so US Open is end for Sabine!

Best of luck Sabine at other tournaments 

2 users thanked Alireza for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 9/1/2013(UTC), frida on 9/1/2013(UTC)