logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Advancements
Tony Montana
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:09:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)

A Racquet Made With The World's Strongest Material

For years, racquet designers at Head struggled with the same problem: They couldn’t increase the power of their racquets without adding weight. The more weight a racquet has, the more momentum it generates during a swing and the more power it delivers to the ball. Too much weight, though, and a racquet becomes hard to control. The designers discovered that adding weight to the top of the head and the handle would make for a more balanced racquet. But with less weight in the middle, their prototypes kept cracking. So they looked to graphene, the world’s strongest material by weight. By incorporating a small amount of graphene into the middle of the frame, designers improved its strength dramatically. The result is the YouTek Graphene Speed Pro, one of the first racquets to deliver both crushing power and precise control...

http://www.popsci.com/te...e/2013-05/making-racquet

Popular science allows you to go back through hundreds of pages of acticles.

How does a Pulsar move at 20% the speed of light and not require 20% of 'infinate' mass. A teaspoon of a pulsar weights over 1 billion TONS. The heaver it is the more energy it takes to move. This implies there is no light speed barrier. If there is no light speed barrier Alex and Maria's spaceship could go 100 light years in 13 years using the sun's heat energy for laser propulsion...

Maria do you want to be an actress with you fame?

1 user thanked Tony Montana for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 6/25/2013(UTC)
Dartagnan
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:32:33 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Is Tennis Getting Too Soft?

40 years ago, tennis racket were very heavy. 

Yes, nowadays people want to have a light&strong racket. They also perfer to have soft tennis balls...

Tennis has a new ball and it's making a lot of kids, parents and coaches angry.

The ball is the same size as a regular tennis ball, but it's half yellow, half green and softer, and doesn't bounce as high. It's tough to hit winners with it or put spin on it. At a 10-and-under tournament in Lakewood, Calif., last weekend, it made kids swing, swing and swing some more until their arms were sore and they wanted to throw their rackets and scream.

[SP_TENNIS]

Another thing about the green ball: It's part of an international plan to save tennis, which has struggled to compete with sports like soccer, football and basketball.

As of Jan. 1, the green ball is required for all 9-and 10-year-old tournaments throughout the world, as legislated by the International Tennis Federation in Appendix VI of the rules of tennis. The ITF also recommends, but does not require, that children eight and under use an even softer ball that is orange, as well as smaller rackets and smaller courts. There's a large red foam ball for 6-year-olds.

Tennis officials say that the rules change—only the fifth in the sport's history—will attract more children to tennis and keep them playing longer. Their theory: Softer, lower-bouncing balls allow kids to learn proper technique more quickly and play with touch and volleys, a dying art in tennis.

Maria is a leader in tennis, a sport person, a model and a designer of sport clothes and candies.  

She is linked with sport...

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:34:45 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

I got doubts.

I did not play as a small child, but I did as a teen. Fifty years ago, I played with a racquet from even earlier time--wood with gut strings. I did not find it too heavy.

I'm not one of those old men who think everything "then" was better than "now"--but I question whether dumbed-down kiddo "sports" are gonna produce you adult athletes.

How much tech was employed to interest & develop these Russian girls who came up on cold, outdoor Spartak courts, hunh?

Most of the new "gear" is first of all to make more money for sporting-goods companies and some of it--that's ALL it's good for. Y'all know that as well as I do.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
CROUCHING TIGER
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:33:53 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2864 time(s) in 1720 post(s)
Federer: It’s easier to play consistent today

http://www.tennishead.ne...o-play-consistent-today

Making it "easier" ?

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD