logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<45678>»
Roland Garros 2013
CROUCHING TIGER
#101 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 4:52:19 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
If u have difficulties with images on LSH or Eurosport maybe, MAYBE try this

http://www.sporza.be/cm/...is/mc_Roland_Garros_2013

http://www.rtbf.be/sport/tennis/direct

sorry, promise anything but try

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 6/1/2013(UTC)
raf72
#102 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 9:00:10 AM(UTC)
raf72

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Maria moves on the 4th round: she will face S. Stephens. GO MARIA!!!!!!
1 user thanked raf72 for this useful post.
frida on 6/1/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#103 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 9:13:43 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Permalink voor ingesloten afbeelding

MISSION COMPLETED but not without difficulties...BIG WORK in the WE MASH:)

2 users thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
frida on 6/1/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/2/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#104 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 11:42:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

MISSION 4...details will follow shortly

frida
#105 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 1:41:15 PM(UTC)
frida

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1668 time(s) in 673 post(s)

Sharapova Keeps Calm & Carries On

Zheng Jie built a hefty 4-1, double break lead in the second set but Maria Sharapova stormed back, winning six of the next seven games to close her out in straights and reach the fourth round.

Sharapova Keeps Calm & Carries On

Maria Sharapova continued her French Open title defense on Saturday, digging out of a big second set hole to close Zheng Zie out in straight sets and move through to the fourth round.

Sharapova had lost to Zheng before and after cruising through the first set things looked like they were headed much that same way, as the Chinese built a hefty 4-1, double-break lead in the second set. Some might have eased up a little and saved their energy for the third set, but not Sharapova - the No.2-seeded defending champion stormed back with six of seven games to close it out, 61 75.

"The good thing I can take from that match is that I played a good set, so that was a positive," Sharapova said in her post-match press conference. "But then I gave her all the momentum starting from the first game of the second set, which is really not a position that you want to be in.

"She's capable of turning matches around. I've seen her play against many top players where she's had great success. She used to be a seeded player - she's dropped a little bit in the rankings.

"But I'm happy with the way I found a way to win that second set without having to go into a third."

Sharapova was asked about playing this tough generation of Chinese players - Zheng,Li Na, Peng Shuai - and what makes them so tough. "The success that Li Na has had in her career is tremendous," she said. "I think everyone that comes from there is extremely difficult to play against. They're good athletes, they work extremely hard, and you can tell all of that when you play against them."

Speaking of hard work, Sharapova's improvement on clay over the last few years has been obvious - the Russian was asked about that incredible surface transition she has undergone in recent years.

"Well, I've always said that type of success, whether it's a movement thing or whether it's a confidence thing, it doesn't just come when you wake up in the morning and you all of a sudden feel like you're going to be a great mover on clay. For me it was an objective on hard, on grass, and on clay.

"I knew, and I know, that I'm a tall girl. I'm not the fastest, not the smoothest mover. But I know that's an area I can improve. And I know there are people who come to a surface they're not comfortable on and they don't put an effort in. That was never my case - I knew that, although it would be challenging and hard, I definitely wanted to work on it. If I'm faster on hard, I'm going to be faster on clay."

Should Sharapova win the French Open again, it will be the only Grand Slam she has won more than once - she has one of each Grand Slam at the moment. But they all have a special place in her heart.

"Every victory is special on its own. It has a different meaning, whether you've won that tournament before or not. Obviously when you win something for the first time it's different, especially a Grand Slam. Obviously last year here, it was the one I had always wanted to win for so long. So that was the most challenging one for me. But would a repeat victory not be as special? No, absolutely not. It's obviously one thing to win, then another thing to defend. I would love to have done that."

Sharapova has now reached the second week at 11 of the last 12 Grand Slam tournaments, the only exception being the 2011 US Open, where she was ousted in the third round by Flavia Panetta.

5 users thanked frida for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 6/1/2013(UTC), paul_pipkin on 6/1/2013(UTC), Brebis on 6/1/2013(UTC), nazanine on 6/2/2013(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 6/2/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#106 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 6:11:09 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Well, still lots of work to do !! Not so steady during play and Maria your serving is a joke at the moment. She needs to step it up, otherwise it will be over and out by Monday. Hard hitting but not solid, 1st service % way too low. The lucky thing is that the weather gets warmer, better for the shoulder.
CROUCHING TIGER
#107 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 2:19:50 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

I just like this picture...yes, Brebis, as i told in the box...update that tennis !!!

CROUCHING TIGER
#108 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 2:23:46 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Sharapova survives second-set wobble to but bemoans the lack of hawk-eye

http://www.dailymail.co....round-Roland-Garros.html

paul_pipkin
#109 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 12:41:02 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1868 time(s) in 1238 post(s)

Schedule for Day 9: Monday, 3 June 2013

Court Philippe Chatrier 11:00 AM Start Time
1. Women's Singles - 4th Round
Francesca Schiavone (ITA) v. Victoria Azarenka (BLR)[3]
2. Men's Singles - 4th Round
Novak Djokovic (SRB)[1] v. Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)[16]
3. Men's Singles - 4th Round
Rafael Nadal (ESP)[3] v. Kei Nishikori (JPN)[13]
4. Women's Singles - 4th Round
Sloane Stephens (USA)[17] v. Maria Sharapova (RUS)[2]

Court Suzanne Lenglen 11:00 AM Start Time
1. Men's Singles - 4th Round
Tommy Haas (GER)[12] v. Mikhail Youzhny (RUS)[29]
2. Women's Singles - 4th Round
Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) v. Maria Kirilenko (RUS)[12]
3. Men's Singles - 4th Round
Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI)[9] v. Richard Gasquet (FRA)[7]
4. Women's Singles - 4th Round
Jamie Hampton (USA) v. Jelena Jankovic (SRB)[18]

http://www.rolandgarros....chedule/p_schedule14.pdf

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
2 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 6/3/2013(UTC), frida on 6/3/2013(UTC)
Brebis
#110 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 2:43:57 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Unfortunately, Maria is playing a late match on Monday. Unfortunate because she might need to play Tuesday aswell and what if she can not finish her match Monday ?? Strange she needs to play after 2 men's matches.
midaso
#111 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 8:12:57 PM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately, Maria is playing a late match on Monday. Unfortunate because she might need to play Tuesday aswell and what if she can not finish her match Monday ?? Strange she needs to play after 2 men's matches.

Yeah,Maria could be screwed here,if the players ahead of her hold their form,the underdogs in all 3 matches could well take a set. F**k this tournament - been such a disaster.

Serena to win easily unless Kuznetsova can magically bring out her A game. Maria is toast if she plays her in the final,serve not good enough. Serena hasn't even been broken all tournament - how do you expect to beat a player on clay if you can't break her serve and she WILL break yours. Just hopeless. F**k this situation.

1 user thanked midaso for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 6/2/2013(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#112 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 11:52:42 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1868 time(s) in 1238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: midaso Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post

Yeah,Maria could be screwed here,if the players ahead of her hold their form,the underdogs in all 3 matches could well take a set. F**k this tournament - been such a disaster.

Serena to win easily unless Kuznetsova can magically bring out her A game. Maria is toast if she plays her in the final,serve not good enough. Serena hasn't even been broken all tournament - how do you expect to beat a player on clay if you can't break her serve and she WILL break yours. Just hopeless. F**k this situation.

I feel you, midaso. But not ready to denounce the whole thing. I dunno, maybe it's that the decadence of our times is now out in the open for all to see. When GMO monstrosities SyngentaMonsanto, Bayer, Dow and DuPont cynically taint the world's food supply, laugh at our pathetic governance & spit in the collective face of mankind--maybe the corruption of the tennis venue seems like small potatoes. (No pun intended.)

Or maybe I've just gotten old.  Young Bulow is throwing some fine Serena rants.  GO for it, young'uns!

Yet, Masha, Kiri & Kuzi are all into the second week. And I'm even laid back about Vika--NOT just 'cause I cut slack for the  Near Abroad, but that I admire having at least one girl champion who really doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks!

Hey, we got French Blondie Mladenović to watch (still in doubles & showing in mixed with fellow Serbian extract Nestor) and we'll be seeing more & more of her.  Plus a couple of actually worthwhile young Americans have gone deep--Sloane Stephens & Jamie Hampton.  

Only seen one or two instances of blatant official misbehavior--predictably Kramer  allowing French players to slip through rounds with questionable conduct.  Greased up, I figure.

Kinda feel the glass is half full, y'know?

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 6/3/2013(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#113 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 12:22:51 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Agree with that half full glass. The snipers are maybe in the "open" but OTOH weatherconditions

are changed and i wouldn't denounce either ALL the GS. Gotta be reasonable and also see the positive

side of things. Three Russian girls into the second week is certainly one of them among others.

CROUCHING TIGER
#114 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 12:31:30 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

MATCH OF THE DAY !!!

12 months ago when Sloane Stephens made the fourth round at Roland Garros it was a breakthrough achievement for the then 19-year-old. She was the first American teenager to reach that stage in 11 years, since… Serena Williams. Cue a lot of very predictable comparisons based on a drearily obvious physical likeness which has nothing to do with tennis. For anyone in any field to carry the label “the new (insert name here)” is tough for whoever does the carrying, and deeply unimaginative on the part of those creating the label. Stephens wasn’t the first, and won’t be the last. Just ask the player she faces in the last 16 at the French Open, who was once (long ago) billed as “the new Anna Kournikova”. Imagine that – Maria Sharapova, she of the career Grand Slam, now world No.2 and ex-world No.1, likened to a woman who never reached a Tour-level final, on the basis that both were comely young Russian blondes. And they call this flattery.

Stephens, seeded No.17 here, should not find the comparison a meaningful problem – Sharapova shrugged it off in no time, by useful dint of winning Wimbledon at the age of 17 in 2004. Yet it is in danger of becoming a diplomatic hurdle. Somehow since the American beat Serena in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open this year, she has got tangled up in something essentially peripheral and utterly unimportant. Of course the endless comparative questions about Serena must be wearing, but they are stratospherically predictable, and the obvious course is to devise a blandly corporate answer which is cheerful and polite, and furnish it ad infinitum in a manner which suggests you are delivering the words for the first time, every time.

Instead in a high-profile interview this spring, Stephens made extensive criticism of Williams, then declared herself “disappointed” in the journalist for reporting the quotes she volunteered. Now Stephens – yet to win a professional title, but most certainly a rising star – has announced that she does not “live in the real world”, continuing: “There are no other 20-years-olds like me. Might be a few, like Miley Cyrus or something, but other than that I'm pretty much riding solo on this train.”

Sharapova would be able to put her right on the realities of their comparative fame at the same age, but the Russian will probably give it little thought and focus on what matters in elite tennis – winning. Stephens is hugely talented and may well go far – her third rounds at last year’s Wimbledon and US Open attest to that. But she has much to learn about her profession. Sharapova, a grande dame of tennis at 26 now, speaks constantly of the never-ending acquisition of tennis wisdom. Should the defending champion beat Stephens, as of course should happen on paper, it will be an interesting lesson for the young American. But whether she grasps what the whole school is about remains to be seen.

midaso
#115 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 1:53:05 AM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
MATCH OF THE DAY !!!

12 months ago when Sloane Stephens made the fourth round at Roland Garros it was a breakthrough achievement for the then 19-year-old. She was the first American teenager to reach that stage in 11 years, since… Serena Williams. Cue a lot of very predictable comparisons based on a drearily obvious physical likeness which has nothing to do with tennis. For anyone in any field to carry the label “the new (insert name here)” is tough for whoever does the carrying, and deeply unimaginative on the part of those creating the label. Stephens wasn’t the first, and won’t be the last. Just ask the player she faces in the last 16 at the French Open, who was once (long ago) billed as “the new Anna Kournikova”. Imagine that – Maria Sharapova, she of the career Grand Slam, now world No.2 and ex-world No.1, likened to a woman who never reached a Tour-level final, on the basis that both were comely young Russian blondes. And they call this flattery.

Stephens, seeded No.17 here, should not find the comparison a meaningful problem – Sharapova shrugged it off in no time, by useful dint of winning Wimbledon at the age of 17 in 2004. Yet it is in danger of becoming a diplomatic hurdle. Somehow since the American beat Serena in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open this year, she has got tangled up in something essentially peripheral and utterly unimportant. Of course the endless comparative questions about Serena must be wearing, but they are stratospherically predictable, and the obvious course is to devise a blandly corporate answer which is cheerful and polite, and furnish it ad infinitum in a manner which suggests you are delivering the words for the first time, every time.

Instead in a high-profile interview this spring, Stephens made extensive criticism of Williams, then declared herself “disappointed” in the journalist for reporting the quotes she volunteered. Now Stephens – yet to win a professional title, but most certainly a rising star – has announced that she does not “live in the real world”, continuing: “There are no other 20-years-olds like me. Might be a few, like Miley Cyrus or something, but other than that I'm pretty much riding solo on this train.”

Sharapova would be able to put her right on the realities of their comparative fame at the same age, but the Russian will probably give it little thought and focus on what matters in elite tennis – winning. Stephens is hugely talented and may well go far – her third rounds at last year’s Wimbledon and US Open attest to that. But she has much to learn about her profession. Sharapova, a grande dame of tennis at 26 now, speaks constantly of the never-ending acquisition of tennis wisdom. Should the defending champion beat Stephens, as of course should happen on paper, it will be an interesting lesson for the young American. But whether she grasps what the whole school is about remains to be seen.

LOL,this clown has an ego almost as inflated as her 'mentor' Serena. All talk,no substance. Hope Maria smashes her

1 user thanked midaso for this useful post.
Aussie4 on 6/3/2013(UTC)
Aussie4
#116 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 6:45:58 AM(UTC)
Aussie4

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Ahhhh have any of you been watching Serena's matches? She hasn't looked that great. Like honestly, she's been super lucky she's played people who don't have a strong power game.

I expect kuzi to give her some trouble, unless she rolls over..... who knows.

Maria and Vika semi would be awesome.... Maria smashing the wailing, stuck up b**** of course.

I don't know about this years FO..... the past few years i followed it super closely.... this year just seems like a bore to me. Maybe its the crap weather.
CROUCHING TIGER
#117 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 10:45:32 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

MISSION FOUR : You're opponent has "Shreks Wife" as her idol. For this the worst punishment is needed...

frida
#118 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 11:22:56 AM(UTC)
frida

Azarenka Storms Into Quarterfinals

Victoria Azarenka won the last nine games against Francesca Schiavone to reach the quarterfinals of the French Open. It is her third time in the last eight here - she has never gone further.

Azarenka Storms Into Quarterfinals

After a few struggles in the early rounds, Victoria Azarenka really picked up her level at Roland Garros on Monday afternoon, completely breaking away from 3-all in the first set to beat Francesca Schoavone in straight sets, 6-3 6-0, and move smoothly through to the quarterfinals.

The first six games of the match couldn't have been closer, with Schiavone - a former champion at Roland Garros - diffusing Azarenka's power with her unique variety of angles, spins and net rushing. It looked like it was going to be a tight one from there - until one of the players totally broke away.

"Francesca is such a tough opponent," Azarenka said. "It's always difficult to get used to her game, too. She can do anything. And I wasn't very accurate at the beginning, either. So it probably took me a little bit of time, but I just tried to stay focused, anticipate better and take my opportunities more."

With fierce down-the-lines and glamorous swinging volleys sprinkled in, the No.3-seeded Azarenka stormed through the next nine games in a row to run away with it against the unseeded Italian.

"I think it was my most composed and consistent match of the tournament so far," Azarenka said. "The beginning was back and forth, but there was kind of a build-up to later on that I was doing the right thing. Later in the match I felt I could anticipate a little more and really go for my shots more.

"It was definitely a very good challenge for me to play against a great player like Francesca, especially knowing how well she's done here in the past. I'm very pleased with the way I was playing today.

"But I always take it one match at a time. The next match will having nothing to do with today."

Azarenka is now in her third French Open quarterfinal, having also gone this far in 2009 (losing to Dinara Safina) and 2011 (losing to Li Na). This is the only major she hasn't made the semifinals of.

"There's no doubt it's always been the most challenging Grand Slam for me, but I feel like I'm finally understanding what I need to do to improve on clay," Azarenka said. "I feel it's a process - but I'm on the right way. That's the most important thing for me, to take it step by step, better and better, and I hope I've been playing better than before, because otherwise that would mean it's a step back.

"It's not about your game you really have to adjust - it's about your movement. It's sliding. You don't have that much stability. You can't just think about how you move left to right, but how you come to the ball with small steps. So you have to consider these little and big adjustments at the same time.

"I've never been past the quarterfinals here; it's a great opportunity to take that step."

Next up for Azarenka is No.12 seed ,Maria Kirilenko who beat Bettanie Mattek Sands  a little later in the day, 7-5 6-4 .Azarenka leads Kirilenko 3-2 in their head to head, winning their last three.

"I think the last time we played was at the Olympics," Azarenka said. "She's definitely improved a lot over the last couple years. She's a very motivated player, and a good friend of mine, also.

1 user thanked frida for this useful post.
frida
#119 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 11:38:44 AM(UTC)
frida

Aga's First French Open Quarterfinal

Agnieszka Radwanska hit 18 winners to just five unforced errors to beat Ana Ivanovic and reach her first French Open quarterfinal. What's the only Grand Slam quarterfinal she's missing now?

Aga's First French Open Quarterfinal

Agnieszka Radwanska maintained her mastery over Ana Ivanovic Sunday, beating the Serb in straight sets to reach the French Open quarterfinals - her first French Open quarterfinal.

The No.4-seeded Radwanska was never really in trouble in the match, hitting 18 winners to just five unforced errors en route to a one-hour, 21-minute, 62 64 victory over the No.14-seeded Ivanovic.

"I don't know the statistics, but that's for sure one of my best matches of the year for sure, and especially on clay," Radwanska said. "I'm just very happy about it. Everything was working for me.

"I'm very, very happy to reach my first quarterfinal here. It's been great, especially on a surface I didn't really have good results on before, especially this year. So I'm just very excited about this."

Radwanska has now reached the quarterfinals of three of the four Grand Slams - the Australian Open four times, the French Open once and Wimbledon  three times. All that's missing is the US Open.

"Almost, almost," she said in her presser.

Radwanska's clay court lead-up was the thinnest of any of the top players - she played two events and won one round total. But clearly that hasn't hampered her at the big one this fortnight in Paris.

"Losing early in the tournaments before didn't help, but I'm happy I'm doing better here," Radwanska said. "I'm trying my best, and I'm even playing much better in this match than my first match. Ana played really well today - if I played like in the rounds before, I think I wouldn't make it today."

Ivanovic, who has now lost her last seven meetings with Radwanska, also thought it was high quality.

"I actually think the match was closer than maybe the score indicates," Ivanovic said. "I think maybe it was my serve. If you lose your serve, you know against her you have to win points over and over again, and there's a point where it gets frustrating and you really have to just stick through with it.

"At some points I didn't stick through with it, and that made a big difference today."

Next up for Radwanska is No.5 seed Sara Errani, who beat No.20 seed Carla Suarez Navarro earlier in the day Radwanska leads Errani 6-1 in their head to head, though they haven't played this year yet.

"Sara is a very good clay court player, so for sure it's going to be very tough, especially since she's defending the final here," Radwanska said. "The last match we played - it was Istanbul - we played three and a half hours. I was just better by a few points. It's not like I'm winning easy or anything.

"What I remember most about that match is I couldn't walk the next day."

So her strategy? "I have to prepare for a lot of rallies, a lot of running, and for a close match. And this is a quarterfinal, so it doesn't matter who's on the other side, it's going to be someone good."

1 user thanked frida for this useful post.
seyseyspor
#121 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 12:17:41 PM(UTC)

maria I love you,I love you,I lobe you,as a boy,as a doctor,ı love you ,your legs so long and gorgeous!you have an anatomic tight body