logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages<12345>»
US Open 2012 --- August 27- September 9
Brebis
#40 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:35:29 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)

Philli Wan;318565 wrote:

Here you go guys, Enjoy Sugapova at only $5.00 for 5oz (142gms):

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/21082012/58/sharapova-launches-sugarpova.html

Good heavens Philli, are you really posting this link ?  Wow, THANK YOU !!!

deadchip
#42 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:46:47 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
She looked absolutely awesome on the Jimmy Kimmel Show last night. Wow!! is all I can say. Sugarpova is not dime store candy for sure, but I have a feeling it is likely very interesting candy from what I saw last nite. It is being marketed in high end candystores and in high end hotels. Not for the proleteriat!!!
On the tennis front, I hope she comes out firing away and does some serious damage in NYC!!!
GO MARIA!!!
Masha is my #1!!
CROUCHING TIGER
#43 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 12:33:12 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
NOT FOR THE PROLETARIAT...says a lot!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
sunstreet
#44 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:31:54 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Funny, the topic is US Open but the only thing discussed is Sugarpova. Marias´participation in the USopen has been derailed by armbush marketing, by her own product. I´m not sure, but i think this is a first within the history of sports and sportslaw.

Well anyhow, i´m really looking forward to seing this draw, and for the tournament to begin.

By the way can anyone explain how Azarenka managed to gain point for the rankings this week, expecially considering the fact that she hasn´t played for the last couple of weeks??

Anyway, Radwanska has shoulder problems, an inflamation of some sort, wonder how it will interfere with her performance?

Well i will go offline now and get some lunch, it´s about time.
Hugs
;-)
Aussie4
#46 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:43:32 AM(UTC)
Aussie4

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)

sunstreet;318576 wrote:
Funny, the topic is US Open but the only thing discussed is Sugarpova. Marias´participation in the USopen has been derailed by armbush marketing, by her own product. I´m not sure, but i think this is a first within the history of sports and sportslaw.

Well anyhow, i´m really looking forward to seing this draw, and for the tournament to begin.

By the way can anyone explain how Azarenka managed to gain point for the rankings this week, expecially considering the fact that she hasn´t played for the last couple of weeks??

Anyway, Radwanska has shoulder problems, an inflamation of some sort, wonder how it will interfere with her performance?

Hugs
;-)

Yeah, she gained like 300 pts. I have no idea... maybe they made an error or forgot to add her olympics pts? I honestly have no idea

Alireza
#45 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:10:42 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

sunstreet;318576 wrote:

Hugs
;-)

US Open draws will be available on Thursday, Agust 23!

Less than a week to the latest grand slam of year is left! I think that Maria should concentrate on it not on her candies! Her candies are important but not important than a Grand Slam!

come on Maria

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
Brebis
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:47:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)

As Maria is # 3 and Serena # 4 seeded, they will not meet before the final right ?
If they get there of course.

Ps; Have you seen Maria's dress for the Open already, day in pink, night in black, wooww !

Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan
#48 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:28:35 PM(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I'm not feeling too confident about a deep run for Maria at the U.S. Open. She had that virus, which caused her to miss 2 tournaments. So she doesn't have that match toughness. Add to that all of the distractions from "Sugarpova" over the past week and you wonder how focused she is on winning this huge tournament. Plus, she hasn't played well in New York in recent years. Now, I loved seeing her look gorgeous and excited at all her media stops this week. Some really great interviews. And I hope it's a big success for her.

But this seems to be the complete opposite of her French Open run. She was deadly focused on tennis for the clay court season. After winning Stuttgart and Rome, her game was as sharp as can be heading into the French and she carried that confidence to the French title. In this case, it looks like she's spent more time off the court than on it the past few weeks. There are many other top players that have put in the time in matches this month to get better prepared for the Open and I believe they have an advantage over Maria heading in.
paul_pipkin
#50 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:53:38 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1876 time(s) in 1246 post(s)

US Open Live

For the first time ever, USOpen.org will offer free live streaming world-wide during the US Open Qualifying Tournament featuring daily matches from Court 17 & Court 11.

Tuesday, August 21 - 1:00 - 9:00 pm
Wednesday, August 22 - 1:00 - 9:00 pm
Thursday, August 23 - 5:00 - 9:00 pm
Friday, August 24 - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm; 5:00 - 7:00 pm
*All Times Eastern. (GMT-4)

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/interactive/video/live.html?promo=subnav 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
ShelbyK
#51 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:52:07 PM(UTC)
ShelbyK

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Random note:

Maria was answering questions through evians facebook page today. She answered my question and i almost died. In case you were wondering, she would have loved to go to Harvard

paul_pipkin
#52 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:10:50 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1876 time(s) in 1246 post(s)

ShelbyK;318591 wrote:

Random note:

Maria was answering questions through evians facebook page today. She answered my question and i almost died. In case you were wondering, she would have loved to go to Harvard

Kewl!  Congrats, Shelby. :D

Harvard, not Yale--a woman of taste & discretion. ;)

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Aussie4
#49 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:31:00 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan;318589 wrote:
I'm not feeling too confident about a deep run for Maria at the U.S. Open. She had that virus, which caused her to miss 2 tournaments. So she doesn't have that match toughness. Add to that all of the distractions from "Sugarpova" over the past week and you wonder how focused she is on winning this huge tournament. Plus, she hasn't played well in New York in recent years. Now, I loved seeing her look gorgeous and excited at all her media stops this week. Some really great interviews. And I hope it's a big success for her.

But this seems to be the complete opposite of her French Open run. She was deadly focused on tennis for the clay court season. After winning Stuttgart and Rome, her game was as sharp as can be heading into the French and she carried that confidence to the French title. In this case, it looks like she's spent more time off the court than on it the past few weeks. There are many other top players that have put in the time in matches this month to get better prepared for the Open and I believe they have an advantage over Maria heading in.

Vika has been injured

Aga injured

Serena is injecting herself as we speak

Sam hasn't had a great lead up to defending her title

Petra is not reliable enough at this point, especially with the humid conditions and the wind

Li hasn't been with Carlos for long enough for her to win another slam i dont think, definitely the dark horse though

Caroline lol

Sara can't really hurt anyone i nthe top

Kerber isn't strong enough to win a GS, YET.

All the top 10 have their flaws. Yes Maria has been busy with the media, but she has years of experience behind her. She'll be fine once she gets a match or two under her belt. You just need to chill out and stop being so pessimistic!! :D She played really well in London (ignoring her disaster in the final) and i think she'll be very confident. She got to the Aussie open final after she only started to practice at the start of Jan because of her ankle, so have a bit of faith, please.

Philli Wan
#53 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:46:25 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

Hey, Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan, you dont have to worry about Maria's virus...she never had one.  You have to understand how the system works.  In order for players to pull out of tournaments, they have to be sick or expect to be fined for not performing.  I'm sure that Toronto and Cincy sold a lot of advance tickets to people who thought Maria will be playing.  So.... Maria just cant say 'Sorry guys, I'm going to be too busy with photo shoots and doing TV interviews to launch my new candy for the next two weeks and I just dont have time to play any tennis right now'.

The WTA would also take a very dim view of that kind of excuse, so the only way round it is to get sick.  The virus reared its ugly head the night before the final...says Maria... That, she hoped, would explain away her pathetic performance and make everybody forgive her....which it did.  Then, keeping up the charade, she pulled out of two tournaments to concentrate on the  launch of Sugapova.

That's business.  Tennis comes second for Maria these days.  Live with it, it's going to get worse.

2 users thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/23/2012(UTC), alexandreka on 8/23/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#54 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:18:08 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

You're late Philli Wan; posted something like that 9 days ago...

giane
#55 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:28:13 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
i want! :) ship here
Philli Wan
#56 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:47:54 AM(UTC)
Philli Wan

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 134 post(s)

We need a Jingle for Sugapova.  I have some text all we need is a melody:

Sugapova, Sugapova, Suck and Chew all day.

Made in Spain because it's cheaper, Not in USA.

Suck her balls and chew her lips, delicious, so they say.

All that suger, yummee, yummee, rot your teeth away.

How's that sound?

2 users thanked Philli Wan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 8/23/2012(UTC), alexandreka on 8/23/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#57 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:41:34 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

LOL...great lyrics Philli Wan compose u did; music u must find:)

CROUCHING TIGER
#58 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:50:03 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://youtu.be/JywK_5bT8z0

How about this one?

Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan
#59 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:47:06 PM(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)
No shock that the U.S. Open draw is overwhelmingly stacked in Serena's favor. The highest ranked player in her quarter is weak puff-baller Wozniacki, who just hurt her knee today. And after Serena gets through her quarter and into the semis, the highest ranked player she'd play would be weak puff-baller Radwanska, who just hurt her shoulder. So a nice easy path for the Hulk.

Maria, meanwhile, could play Kvitova in the quarters, Azarenka in the semis, and Serena in the final, if she made it that far.

Interesting early matchups could be Kerber/Venus in the second round and Li Na/Clijsters in the third.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/ws/index.html?promo=subnav
1 user thanked Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan for this useful post.
alexandreka on 8/23/2012(UTC)
deadchip
#60 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:41:11 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
yup definitely a yellow brick road to the title for the Sweathog. Much tougher in the upper half, surprise surprise!!! Well if Masha makes it to the final it will be well earned. Hope she is ready and I think some time off this month will be beneficial for her. She just needs a couple of matches to get back into her match shape and find her rhythm.
GO MASHA!!!!
Masha is my #1!!