logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages«<1112131415>»
US Open 2012 --- August 27- September 9
paul_pipkin
#242 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 9:39:08 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Schedule for Day 10: Wednesday, September 5 2012

Arthur Ashe Stadium  11:00 AM Start Time

1. Women's Singles - Quarterfinals

Marion Bartoli (FRA)[11]  v. Maria Sharapova (RUS)[3] 

To Finish 4-0

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
alexandreka on 9/5/2012(UTC)
alexandreka
#243 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:08:49 AM(UTC)
alexandreka

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Finally the match didn't finish at the night !!! Cool !!! Thank you Paul !!
deadchip
#245 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:30:12 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Well the start of the match wasn't exactly how I pictured it should be. Credit to Marion as she really took it to Maria and Maria couldn't even get her feet under her. Let's see how it goes tomorrow, can't go much worse, though Maria was slowly getting some traction. Come on Maria!!
Masha is my #1!!
paul_pipkin
#244 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:39:20 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: alexandreka Go to Quoted Post
Finally the match didn't finish at the night !!! Cool !!! Thank you Paul !!

You are welcome. If you are free to during the day, come to the Shoutbox (the gray strip at the top of the first forum page is a chat.) We're there tracking the matches & cheering on Masha.

alexandreka
#246 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:50:08 AM(UTC)
alexandreka

Oh ok ! I didn't know what it was ! :-D I'll come after mys school ends ;-)
Alireza
#239 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:49:15 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)

Originally Posted by: alexandreka Go to Quoted Post
Play is AGAIN suspended on Arthur Ashe Stadium... Marion Bartoli was leading 4-0 30-15 in the first set... First analysis : Maria is not in good form... She won only 44% of her points on the first serve and more surprising : 29% on her second serves... I'm worrying ! Yuri, call her !

Yes, Maria didn't concentrate enough on her match! As I said, Bartoli has a very good motivation to beat Maria.

If Maria wins, she will play against Azarenka at SemiFinal! Australian Open final match will repeat at semi final of US Open!

I hope Maria first beats Bartoli and then Azarenka!

Serena is very lucky, the draw is beneficial for her, she will reach to final easily.

Come on Maria

Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
Valkyre
#247 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 2:17:47 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Certainly a very poor start for Masha. But I think she will pull it off. Bartoli came up with some big serves and returns. I think Maria will come back really hungry to change that scoreline, already she could break since she is leading the 5th game 30-15. We will see. Whatever the case I expect more energy from Masha!

DAVAI!
1 user thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
Alireza on 9/5/2012(UTC)
sunstreet
#248 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 2:57:54 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Sadly i wasn´t able to see the match,- well at least the first part. For some strange reason Eurosport decided to show a mens four round match, as a result i didn´t get to see stosur/azarenka or Maria. Needless to say,i was pretty angry about that last night.
The only thing i can go by is the expression on Marias´face under the so-called news section of this forum, and she looks likes she´s in deep thought, but her eyes tells me something like" you´re so not getting away with this!"

Which makes me think that she´s going to go out there, and turn everything around, later today. Because,if there is a player on the womens tour, who can keep her focus and consentration for 24 hours in a row, it´s Maria.

So, basically i hope she had a good nights sleep, in order to feel fresh physically, and then go out there ready to kick some butt.

Again i will look forward to this match, the sequel, and for Eurosports sake, i hope those suckers decide to actually show the match.
;-)
CROUCHING TIGER
#249 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:12:49 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Well, no surprise here. Gypsy girl announced her colors loud & clear when she took out Kvitova.

"If i can take her, i can take Maria" she said in every interview. She's French although it doesn't

look like that and the French always have a tendance to cry victory before the game is even begun.

Masha may loose a set; she always comes back in her famous "3-setters-on-fire"...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
sunstreet on 9/5/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#250 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:15:15 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
@sunstreet...don't worry about Eurosport; they wouldn't miss a Frenchie for a second:)...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#251 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:33:54 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
@sunstreet...don't worry about Eurosport; they wouldn't miss a Frenchie for a second:)...

Count on it. http://www.lshunter.tv/t...ive-streaming-video.html already have linx up for Ashe, Armstrong, Grandstand AND Court 17 (Though "USOpenLive" is not expecting 17.)

sunstreet
#252 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:24:11 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
HI,

as it turns out,i will not get to see Marias´match, bu hu, and the reason is this: while eating lunch i broke a tooth. Which means,this will be one of the most expencive lunches i´ve ever had.

So, at the time Maria sets foot on court, i´ll be at the dentist, getting my tooth pulled out.

I´m actually begining to think there is someone, or karma, who/which has decided that i will not get to see that match. Unless rain steps in,off course.

Well, fuck it. Good Luck Maria, and i hope everyone in here will have a great day.

Valkyre
#253 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:38:14 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Τough luck sunstreet but hey they important thing is to get better. So I wish you all the best and to get well soon enough and without too much pain involved!

1 user thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
sunstreet on 9/6/2012(UTC)
Alexandre
#254 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 11:39:44 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I don't think the delay favours Maria, on the contrary. When the game stopped yesterday Maria was gaining some  traction little by little as she almost scored he first serve game at 3-0 (the most disputed one since the match had started) and was leading 30-15 at 4-0 on Bartoli's serve, in fact Bartoli was starting to decline from her surprisingly incredible strong start.

The risk I see when the match will resume is Bartoli being able to reproduce the same start as she did yesterday with all this energy, dynamism, power and motivation she displayed, which could lead her to score again 3 or 4 games in a row before Maria wakes up and reacts ... Will she be able to come back if she's down 6-0 and 2-0, I don't know ... She's done it before but this time I don't know ...

I hope I am wrong, and that she will be back on court with the game, energy, power, attitude and body language that say " hey I am the boss here, I beat u in all our 4 previous confrontations very easily and it's gonna be the same this time "

deadchip
#255 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:02:11 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
We shall see in a couple of minutes Alexandre. We can only hope for the best. And I agree she was gaining some traction yesterday, but it was still tenuous at best.
COME ON MARIA!!!!
Masha is my #1!!
alexandreka
#256 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:23:51 PM(UTC)
alexandreka

Bartoli won 1st set 6-3... BUT MARIA WON 2ND SET !!!!! 6-3 also !!!! Come oooon !!!!
alexandreka
#257 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 2:20:22 PM(UTC)
alexandreka

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-6 6-3 6-4 !!!!!!!!
Valkyre
#258 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 2:26:30 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

Cant say much more other than

MARIA SHARAPOVA

really that says it all. The 3 setter queen really is unbelievable! i will make better post match impressions later now my atp guy Djokovic plays!

DAVAI MASHAAAAA! The most consistent player of 2012.
Alexandre
#259 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 2:46:11 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Bravoooooooooooooooooooooo Maria !!!!!!!!!!

I must say, I was really impressed by Maria today. The way she managed to break the pattern, that was just crazy !!!!

All the luck, the fate, the success and even the Gods were behind Bartoli pushing and pushing, she played like she has never played in her life, an inspired and powerful tennis ... but still Maria broke that stuff, she started her comeback at the end of the first set and slowly imposed her dominance in the second with those incredible winners and aces ... Still dominant in the third set but not completeley out of danger she managed to hold her nerves in the important moments facing that crazy bold defence from Bartoli!!! What a mental strenght, what a fighting spirit, what a control, she was so solid!!!! Super impressive our Masha today !!!!!!!

Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan
#260 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 2:52:18 PM(UTC)
Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Maria is determined to give me an ulcer with these last two matches. The good: I thought Maria moved well and had a lot of energy today. Retrieved a lot of balls and extended points, putting more pressure on Bartoli. Some excellent shotmaking, piling up a lot of winners and finished +9 in the winners to errors ratio. The bad: Once again, Maria's serve. A ton of DFs and she faced 16 break points against. A great job fighting off 12 of those, but if she's facing that many break chances against the likes of Bartoli, it doesn't bode well for the next round.

If Maria doesn't play a lot better against Vika compared to Petrova and Marion, we'll have a repeat of the Aussie final and Indian Wells final. Short and ugly. Maria must somehow channel her performance from the Stuttgart final because Maria served brilliantly in that match and overwhelmed Vika right from the start.

But I can't say I'm really confident about Friday. Let's face it, Vika has been essentially unbeatable on hard courts this year. The two losses she had were fatigue-related and don't really count. Maria will need no less than her best performance ALL YEAR to win this match.
1 user thanked Long_Suffering_Maria_Fan for this useful post.
alexandreka on 9/5/2012(UTC)