logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Open GDF Suez, Paris
Philli
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 7:27:51 AM(UTC)
Philli

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Wow, you're slipping Val. You haven't mentioned her 20 million a year for two entries. But you still have one ace up your sleeve. She can still lose because she's 'under the weather'.
Valkyre
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 9:38:55 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post
Wow, you're slipping Val. You haven't mentioned her 20 million a year for two entries. But you still have one ace up your sleeve. She can still lose because she's 'under the weather'.

whereas no matter how hard we are going to look into your entries we are not going to find a single one of them mentioning something good or constructive about Maria or her game etc.

364 consecutive posts of hate and counting...go for the gold!

Philli
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 11:36:54 AM(UTC)
Philli

Not true. And if you have gone to the trouble to read them all, there is seriously something wrong with you. But I will say this...because Kvitova is not playing in Paris she will lose her 470 points from last year, thereby giving her No. 2 spot to Maria. That's fine, now its up to Maria to defend that position...something she has never done in the past. All the other girls will be working their butts off in Doha and Dubai this month,...2 real Tournaments, while Maria has her feet up on Venice Beach. Lucky her. But let's not forget, the season is long and a hard one this year with the Olympics between two Grand Slams. Everybody needs to fit...Maria more so than she has been used to since 2006. I wish her luck.
CROUCHING TIGER
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 12:53:14 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1722 post(s)
http://youtu.be/CZ93QLv68DM

Philli & Val:)LOL

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#25 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 5:21:27 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Maria through to Paris Quarters

Posted on February 8, 2012

Maria defeated Chanelle Scheepers of South Afica 6-3 6-1 in 68 minutes to advance to the quarters of the Open GDF Suez in Paris, France.

In the first set after a series of breaks, Maria held her serve to lead and broke Scheepers in the next game to take the set 6-3 in 35 minutes.

Maria had an early break in the second set to lead 2-0 and broke again to lead 5-1 and then held her serve to move into the quarters.

Maria will play No.9 seed Angelique Kerber in the quarters on Friday.

When the new WTA rankings are released on Monday, Maria is guaranteed to be No.2.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Freedom23
#26 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 10:48:33 AM(UTC)
Freedom23

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Ummm, I dont know about this " the double faults came back to haunt her during her first match". She hit 2 dfs, she served well throughout the match. Get your facts straight.
Integrity is the best policy.

CROUCHING TIGER
#27 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 11:05:24 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

...frankly my dear, i don't give a damn...

1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 2/10/2012(UTC)
Valkyre
#28 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 12:47:41 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Philli needs to post here! There is a wild party coming up!
robb
#29 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 1:14:28 PM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Another shoddy display then.......breaks serve, loses serve....we know how it ends. She really does need to tighten up her game, or more of this will follow.
tennisbagel
#30 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 4:38:11 PM(UTC)
tennisbagel

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

If you can't even win the GDF Suez, how do you expect to win another Grand Slam? You need another game plan and a better coach. You play the same all the time. Get with it!

Philli
#32 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 4:56:29 PM(UTC)
Philli

Shararova Shocked by Kerber

World number three Maria Sharapova slumped to a surprise 6-4 6-4 defeat against German Angelique Kerber in the Paris Open quarter-finals.

The top-seeded Russian broke first in both sets but failed to take her chances and was eventually eliminated when she hit a forehand out on match point.

"It was a hard day. She played extremely well," Sharapova told reporters.

"I was not as aggressive as I would have liked to be and she has a lot of power."

Sharapova, who reached the final of the Australian Open last month, denied she took Kerber lightly.

"I did not underestimate her. She has been playing very well for six months," said the Russian.

"You would like to be in the final in every tournament you play but let's be realistic, the positive thing is I have the feeling I can play better than this."

She always says that...and, of course, if she can, why doesn't she play better?

1 user thanked Philli for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 2/11/2012(UTC)
Ihumanluvmariasharapova419
#31 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 5:25:43 PM(UTC)
Ihumanluvmariasharapova419

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Originally Posted by: tennisbagel Go to Quoted Post

If you can't even win the GDF Suez, how do you expect to win another Grand Slam? You need another game plan and a better coach. You play the same all the time. Get with it!

Yeah she needs 2 b way more consistant, 2 many "bad days"

but she rlly improving since thomas began coaching her. shes made it 2 2 of the lasgt 3 GS finals.

she'll lift the GS trophy eventually. I think it''ll b soon. :)

saggittarian
#33 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 5:32:17 PM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Here we go again...every time Maria loses "she has to change her coach!" Loosen up.....it's just a game.

She is trying to vary her game but everything takes time. She has been coming into the net and trying some drop shots but she is not confident to follow them through. Needs lots of practice. Let's be patient with her. She is not going to gain any confidence if her fans keep knocking her each time she loses. Don't you think she is as frustrated as we are? It is one of those days where your opponent played well and you didn't.

Maria did not play her best tennis. Something was lacking. She didn't have that determination and didn't look too happy at this tourny even when she won the previous round. Might be something bothering her. Just saying. I am not making excuses for her loss.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kerber wins this tournament. She has the drive.

katmilr
#36 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 10:59:37 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Not worried.
What matters is Paris in May.
Don't give up, Maria.
WE love you!!
Brebis
#37 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 5:54:41 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Disappointing but she always finds it difficult to play indoors. Maria , feel sorry for us with the cold in the winter. You are so lucky to have warm / sunny weather year round !! Brrr, it's -8 in the Netherlands at the moment !
CROUCHING TIGER
#38 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:36:55 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Goeiedag Nella. Het vriest hier 's nachts tot -15-20(Ardense hoogten) en overdag ook onder O.
We zijn té verwend geweest maar de winter duurt tot 21 maart...is nog niet over. Groetjes:)...

Alexandre
#34 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:39:55 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Originally Posted by: saggittarian Go to Quoted Post

Here we go again...every time Maria loses "she has to change her coach!" Loosen up.....it's just a game.

She is trying to vary her game but everything takes time. She has been coming into the net and trying some drop shots but she is not confident to follow them through. Needs lots of practice. Let's be patient with her. She is not going to gain any confidence if her fans keep knocking her each time she loses. Don't you think she is as frustrated as we are? It is one of those days where your opponent played well and you didn't.

Maria did not play her best tennis. Something was lacking. She didn't have that determination and didn't look too happy at this tourny even when she won the previous round. Might be something bothering her. Just saying. I am not making excuses for her loss.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kerber wins this tournament. She has the drive.

Totally agree with u !! I am disapointed that she lost on the one hand, but on the other hand I am very glad to see that Maria is currently trying to bring some major changes to her previous one-way game (based exclusively on power). During the match she tried to vary a lot, to change rythms by going to net, doing more backhand slices, trying some drop shots ... Obviously she is not yet very handy at it and has to work a lot but that's encouraging, because it's the only way for her to beat Azarencka

CROUCHING TIGER
#40 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:53:40 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Masha has one of the best surroundings in the world. It was Thomas Hogstedt who brought

her back from limbo. Since the AO i also saw he's trying new things(approach the net is one)

but she needs time. Be patient, her team know very well what they're doing and after all London

isn't tomorrow...

CROUCHING TIGER
#41 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:23:12 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Sorry, completely off-topic...if u have a minute go see in general chat in the moviesection(Lights go out...)

Great picture about an exceptional girl...thx:)...

Dartagnan
#35 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 12:09:34 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

A loss in pro tennis, it is not only a game. A loss means that you are not strong enough to defeat your opponent and the level of your tennis should be reviewed. 

As Masha wants to increase the level of her tennis, she can also change her coach. 

A coach is a person who should help you to increase your tennis level quickly and you should not lose a match against a player who has a lower ranking. If it is the case it is better to change your coach, because we only live once on this earth and we don't have to wait years to have a good result. 

The coach is the person who should know your weak points and work with you on them and you should feel at each match that you are better. 

I advice Masha to try to work with an European coach because nowadays the best tennis players of the planet have European coaches. It is the case of Nadal, Federer&Djokovic. 

Don't forget that we only live once on this earth and you are losing your young years. 

Originally Posted by: Alexandre Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: saggittarian Go to Quoted Post

Totally agree with u !! I am disapointed that she lost on the one hand, but on the other hand I am very glad to see that Maria is currently trying to bring some major changes to her previous one-way game (based exclusively on power). During the match she tried to vary a lot, to change rythms by going to net, doing more backhand slices, trying some drop shots ... Obviously she is not yet very handy at it and has to work a lot but that's encouraging, because it's the only way for her to beat Azarencka

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.