logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<12131415>
Australian Open 2012
TheVinnys
#268 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 3:56:23 PM(UTC)
TheVinnys

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You don't need a trophy to be a champion , You are our " CHAMPION " ! ! !
Maria Sharapova " Come On ! " whenever I need help I think of Maria on court yelling this ;)
it works wonders .....
Brebis
#269 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 3:59:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 217 post(s)
A really sad day for all of us but Maria in particular ! Playing such a good tournament and yet agian to loose a Grand Slam final. It's worrying why the game is not there, not in Melbourne , not in London. Is the pressure too much, the fitness not good . Let's hope she get's more chances this year. At least we can see there is a HUGE improvement . If Maria plays well in Paris ,is there a chance she can claim the number 1 spot there ? After Paris she has a lot of points to defend !! -15 Celsius in Moscow , I'm sure she will catch a virus , won't you ?
Imnumber2
#259 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 5:02:35 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post

Valkyre, I assume you are a man since your profile is blank..just another anonymous name on the internet that could be a 14 year old pubertic kid or a 70 year old man sitting at his PC in his underpants looking for a webcam. Which one are you? Whatever the case, as a testosterone overloaded man, you assume every problem in the world can be solved by sex. How sad.

Myself, Paul and Tiger have been on this Forum longer than anybody else, despite what the date says, we were around on the old Forum way back when Maria really was a success in 2006 before she went on her super model diet and lost her beautifully developing fem figure before going into the 2007 Season which turned out to be her worst. She retired from 3 ongoing tournaments and cancelled 9 that year. She was ranked Number 2 and was getting beaten by players ranked in the 40s and 50s at every tournament in the second or third round. Not once during the season did she stay in a tournament long enough to play a top 20 player. She went out of Wimbledon in the second round and promptly jumped on a plane to Paris the next day to go to a fashion show with her best friend Camille. They were inseperable until rumours began to spread that she was lesbian...errrr I think they started on this fourm, hu-hum... then other Forums picked it up and suddenly She and Camille were no longer being seen together. As defending Champion, she got knocked out of the US Open by a qualifier by the name of Agnieska Radwanska in the second round, and at the Kremlin Cup in Mosow, she lost her first match to an unknown named Victoria Azarenka. But I digress, Michael Joyce was not able to control her and even now Thomas has said that it is very difficult to coordinate training with her due to her intense activities outside of Tennis.

Viki is 11 kilos, 24 pounds, heavier that Maria, but she is top fit and has energy to spare...something that Maria does not have now. Back in 2006 she was projected to be one of the great emerging Tennis players of the decade, but it never materialized. You figure it out.

Hate telling you this but I've been on Maria's forum since day 1 along with Cleo, Stephen, Tiger and Midaso.

Back to the final match. Didn't have a chance to watch the match yet but I assume that Viki must be on FIRE winning 12 GAMES in the row!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
ShelbyK
#270 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:06:41 PM(UTC)
ShelbyK

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Now now people, let's not all compare how long we have been here.....mainly because i can't remember when i first started the forum lol

paul_pipkin
#271 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:10:44 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Day 14: Sunday 29 January 2012

Rod Laver Arena  4:30 PM Start Time (05:30am GMT)

1. Mixed Doubles - Finals

Elena Vesnina (RUS)[5]  v. Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA)[8] 

There WILL be stream for the mixed at LiveScoreHUnter. I will be in the Shoutbox at that time.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Philli
#272 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:02:45 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Hi Imnumber2. Indeed you have. Sorry I missed you out.

One final word to Valkyre. 20 mill a year but it wont buy a Grand Slam win..... priceless.
Brebis
#274 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:10:33 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 217 post(s)

One final word to Valkyre. 20 mill a year but it wont buy a Grand Slam win..... priceless.
Thanks again for your positive input ! You will get far in live !!

Valkyre
#273 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:31:17 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

Yes priceless, to some lowlife troll that has nothing better to do than hate in its cave, sure it is priceless. Although one has to wonder... when was the last time that troll made actually something successful in its life? Yep... thats what I thought. Millions are something the Troll can only dream off. And I guess Maria at the age of 24, who doesnt win Slams, can have those 20 millions per year to suffer with...

I am sure she feels so unaccomplished and sad with what she has done with her life so far. Yep...

Keep the Troll happy Maria!!!

Philli
#276 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 4:10:29 AM(UTC)
Philli

Val, you are such a pratt. You just dont see it do you? Those are 20 million distractions as to why she plays such inconsistent tennis. The millions dont come from playing, she earns them when she is not playing and not training, and not putting in the effort to be the best of the best. Sure it's her choice. I remember her post final interview from the 2004 Wimbledon match. She said, I love money, the more the better, bring it on.

Yes, she is the world champion female athlete at making money....outside of the sport, but on court..when she finds time to play... her performance is not so spectacular.

So does it bother me?. No. I've worked in 10 different countries, I speak 5 languages, and I have accolades from several Governments for my excellent work whilst in thier employment. How's your life going?

1 user thanked Philli for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/30/2012(UTC)
sunstreet
#278 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 5:57:53 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Actually i´m not disappointed when it comes to the loss in the final.
When Australian Open began my only hope was that Maria would do better than 2011, and she did. Considering the draw, and the possibility of meeting both Serena and Kvitova, i set my goal on Maria making it past the quarters, and from then on it would all be a bonus. And what a Bonus! She made it too the final after an epic semifinal against Kvitova. Starting up on a new season with a grand slam tournament, and without any matches under your belt, it´s simply impossible to expect to much. Maria exceeded my hopes, and i´m particulary happy about the fact, that this morning i was finally able to see Maria placed above wozzy in the rankings. Way to go Maria.
The fact that Azarenka won, well she´s a great player. Versatile in all the aspects of the game, she´s consistent and hard working. Bottom line, it was all up to the form of each player on the day. A 50/50 match.
Azarenka played great, and she deserves that no.1 spot and the title. I´m not her biggest fan, but i do respect and aknowledge her class as a player.
So now i will look forward to the next tournament, and hope for Maria that she will do great.
By the way, for those of you who might have thought i had fallen of the planet, since i haven´t been in here for over a month. It´s because my laptop finally went dot.com, and i haven´t got the funds to buy a new one yet. On top of that, my mom has been walking in and out of hospital, for the last month to. So therefore i haven´t found the time to catch up on the action in here.
Hope things will change soon,
See you all later.
And Congratulations to Maria with starting the season in such an impressive way.
This is going to be another great year, i can feel it.
2 users thanked sunstreet for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/30/2012(UTC), Valkyre on 1/30/2012(UTC)
Valkyre
#277 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 8:47:01 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

Val, you are such a pratt. You just dont see it do you? Those are 20 million distractions as to why she plays such inconsistent tennis. The millions dont come from playing, she earns them when she is not playing and not training, and not putting in the effort to be the best of the best. Sure it's her choice. I remember her post final interview from the 2004 Wimbledon match. She said, I love money, the more the better, bring it on.

Yes, she is the world champion female athlete at making money....outside of the sport, but on court..when she finds time to play... her performance is not so spectacular.

So does it bother me?. No. I've worked in 10 different countries, I speak 5 languages, and I have accolades from several Governments for my excellent work whilst in thier employment. How's your life going?

It sure as hell doesnt look like it is not bothering you, sorry you aint convincing me or anyone around here. Maybe in some other internet board you do. But here, simply NO.

I cannot understand why someone would continue to post in a fan site of some person they clearly dont like, or have much to talk about for. Sorry, when I dont like an athlete, or I am not interested in him/her, I simply dont bother registering just to talk crap about him/her everytime he/she loses. Thats something only the lowest kind of life can actually do. Mainly, a Troll.

So excuse me but, you are never going to convince me that it doesnt bother you. If it didnt you wouldnt be posting like this every single time Maria has a bad match or loses. If you were posting when Maria has big wins applauding her for performing well (like Cincinnati, Kvitova now, Lisicki etc etc) then I could believe you. But now, no. It bothers you. It bothers you she is both pretty and succesful. It bothers you she is skinny and yet appealing to both the tennis world and ... lol... modeling.

It bothers you she has a business running making millions at just 24 years of age. A lot of things bother you about Maria. So one arguably beggins to ask the million dollar question:

"what the hell are you doing here?"

As far as my life, it is going just fine thank you! For example, I know that I dont find pleasure on other peoples misshaps to begin with, whether they are making millions or just the necessary things to go by in life. I find pleasure in totaly opposite ways. I know how to respect success, even if the person in front of me is not my type. I know that before I judge everyone else I will judge myself. And I certainly wouldnt go into trouble registering to someone's website to talk crap about him all the time when he "doesnt bother me".

2 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
saggittarian on 1/30/2012(UTC), PodgeMcQ on 1/31/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#279 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 9:44:05 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

I agree with sunstreet about Masha's tennis. Masha has improved her tennis level, she reached several finals this year. She won a trophy in Rome on a difficult surface for her.

But it is not enough to win a Grand Slam. The motivation of tennis players for a Grand Slam should be stronger than to reach a final. They have to win the final. 

If Masha continues to think more about her tennis than other things in her life. She could show us fantastic results. Masha should continue to concentrate all her efforts on her tennis. 

Motivation forces athletes to make UREAL efforts. It is the case of Nole. He wanted to defeat Nadal and he defeated him after 6 hours. It is a strong motivation. Nole also told us that his team helped him a lot to reach this top level in tennis. 

If you are not motivated enough in your field, you won't be a champion again. 

About the money Masha earned, it is not a problem, Steffi graf was also very rich and she showed excellent results until the end of her career when she was 30 years old. 

Only Motivation will make Masha to play a better tennis and win Grand Slams. 

If she is not motivated enough, she won't improve her physical conditions and play a better tennis than Vika. 

I would like to add that her team should also help her to improve her tennis, she should not do all the work alone. So when Masha lost a Match; we should also ask to her team to do a better work because Masha is not alone. Her team should understand quickly her difficuties and help her to improve her tennis.  

Originally Posted by: sunstreet Go to Quoted Post
Actually i´m not disappointed when it comes to the loss in the final.
When Australian Open began my only hope was that Maria would do better than 2011, and she did. Considering the draw, and the possibility of meeting both Serena and Kvitova, i set my goal on Maria making it past the quarters, and from then on it would all be a bonus. And what a Bonus! She made it too the final after an epic semifinal against Kvitova. Starting up on a new season with a grand slam tournament, and without any matches under your belt, it´s simply impossible to expect to much. Maria exceeded my hopes, and i´m particulary happy about the fact, that this morning i was finally able to see Maria placed above wozzy in the rankings. Way to go Maria.
The fact that Azarenka won, well she´s a great player. Versatile in all the aspects of the game, she´s consistent and hard working. Bottom line, it was all up to the form of each player on the day. A 50/50 match.
Azarenka played great, and she deserves that no.1 spot and the title. I´m not her biggest fan, but i do respect and aknowledge her class as a player.
So now i will look forward to the next tournament, and hope for Maria that she will do great.
By the way, for those of you who might have thought i had fallen of the planet, since i haven´t been in here for over a month. It´s because my laptop finally went dot.com, and i haven´t got the funds to buy a new one yet. On top of that, my mom has been walking in and out of hospital, for the last month to. So therefore i haven´t found the time to catch up on the action in here.
Hope things will change soon,
See you all later.
And Congratulations to Maria with starting the season in such an impressive way.
This is going to be another great year, i can feel it.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

robb
#275 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 1:12:11 PM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Thankfully she already has three GS wins! My question to you Philli is what are you doing on here? If I don't like a person I don't bother going on their website forum. Simple. The difference between you, and EVERYONE ELSE on this forum is that we want MARIA TO DO WELL. Sure we will criticise her and get annoyed by her. But we still want her to win. You don't. Simple. SO WHY DON'T YOU GO AND FIND OUT IF KIM CLIJSTERS HAS A FORUM OR SOMETHING....

robb
#280 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 1:23:38 PM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Ok to the final....and yes, its great Maria has reached two out of the last three GS, but once again she was beaten by a player who was just WAY too good for her on the day. The problem as I see it is that there are now several girls who can beat each other (AND MARIA) on any given day. Maria is one of the 'pack' but no better than that at the moment. Better than she was 12 months ago maybe, but she simply hasn't pulled away as we thought she might in the mid-2000's. Others like Kvitova and Azarenka are 2 or 3 years younger, and at times look fitter. Azarenka can hit the ball hard like Maria, but more accurately. Its not as if these other players are unbeatable, as I said before (even Serena loses sometimes), but the fact that there are so many of them vying for the majors makes each final that Maria loses harder to take. I hope that she can come up with that extra something (maybe the serve still needs some work, and the UE'S are too high we all know that). But as I have said before, winning a major is going to be harder now than ever.We can only hope that the positives of the run to the final outweigh the negatives of the final and her performance in it....
1 user thanked robb for this useful post.
saggittarian on 1/31/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#281 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 4:55:23 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

It is the work of Masha's team to make her playing a better tennis. If they can't, she has to change her team. 6:0 in a final is very bad. Vika is not stronger than Masha but she received a better preparation from her team. 

Nole and Masha has the same age so why can't any young tennis player win Nole? 

Could someone answer to this question? 

The trouble of Masha is not linked with her age. It is linked with her preparation to the tournament, she should have a better preparation. 6:0 in a great final is unacceptable.

Originally Posted by: robb Go to Quoted Post
Ok to the final....and yes, its great Maria has reached two out of the last three GS, but once again she was beaten by a player who was just WAY too good for her on the day. The problem as I see it is that there are now several girls who can beat each other (AND MARIA) on any given day. Maria is one of the 'pack' but no better than that at the moment. Better than she was 12 months ago maybe, but she simply hasn't pulled away as we thought she might in the mid-2000's. Others like Kvitova and Azarenka are 2 or 3 years younger, and at times look fitter. Azarenka can hit the ball hard like Maria, but more accurately. Its not as if these other players are unbeatable, as I said before (even Serena loses sometimes), but the fact that there are so many of them vying for the majors makes each final that Maria loses harder to take. I hope that she can come up with that extra something (maybe the serve still needs some work, and the UE'S are too high we all know that). But as I have said before, winning a major is going to be harder now than ever.We can only hope that the positives of the run to the final outweigh the negatives of the final and her performance in it....

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Imnumber2
#282 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 8:00:53 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

It is the work of Masha's team to make her playing a better tennis. If they can't, she has to change her team. 6:0 in a final is very bad. Vika is not stronger than Masha but she received a better preparation from her team. 

Nole and Masha has the same age so why can't any young tennis player win Nole? 

Could someone answer to this question? 

The trouble of Masha is not linked with her age. It is linked with her preparation to the tournament, she should have a better preparation. 6:0 in a great final is unacceptable.

Originally Posted by: robb Go to Quoted Post

Yes and No: I mean I wouldn't necessary blame her team, face it it's ALREADY a big PLUS to reach 2 Finals ever since she got together with Tom and cie. I think things will get better from this point on. 

Her serve is getting better every day so is her confidence. To me IT'S clear that Maria and her team needs to, somehow, improve the movement especially good players will place balls to make her run "Like a RABBIT". So you might as well know how to work around that and QUICK!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
midaso
#260 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 10:53:04 PM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Imnumber2 Go to Quoted Post

Hate telling you this but I've been on Maria's forum since day 1 along with Cleo, Stephen, Tiger and Midaso.

Yes,yes I have

CROUCHING TIGER
#283 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:22:34 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1722 post(s)
Hi Midaso, great to see u back (alive & well)...wassup rocker down-down under?:)

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Philli
#284 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:53:46 AM(UTC)
Philli

Hey Midaso, it's certainly been a long time. I thought you were going to kill yourself.
saggittarian
#285 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:12:55 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

It will be crazy for Maria to change her team at this point in her career when she is doing incredibly well. Just because she lost the final in a GS doesn't mean it is her team's fault. On the contrary, I think it is her team that has helped her get this far in such a short time. I'd hate to think what her ranking would be right now if she had stayed with Michael Joyce.

1 user thanked saggittarian for this useful post.
Valkyre on 1/31/2012(UTC)