logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<1112131415>
Australian Open 2012
saggittarian
#244 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:31:40 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Maria gave a great speech. As she said, everyone has good and bad days and today things didn't go the way she wanted. Obviously it was a great disappointment to her, her team, her family and friends AND to us, her supporters. We all rooted for her because we believed in her. I still believe in her and I still think she can win more Grand Slams. Of course it will take a while to get over the loss but Maria is no spring chicken. She is used to losses. She will get over it and prepare for the Fed Cup and beyond after she has seen Sasha who will give her a lot of encouragement. To take it out on her because she lost the final is really silly and immature.

Vika was obviously the better player today and Maria acknowledged that. She and Thomas will work on that and we will see how things go for the next tournaments. As Valkyre said, we must look at the big picture and applaud Maria for having come so far in a short time. To be world No. 3 and been in 2 GS finals in less than a year is no easy feat. I am sure a lot of people including herself and her team were pleasantly surprised she got to the final of AO after having had no match preparations since her ankle injury.

In a way I am glad Maria is not No.1 because the pressure is too great to maintain that position with so many breathing down your neck. Good luck to Vika as she would really have to work hard to keep that position with Petra, Maria, Serena, Kim and even Caroline just round the corner.

mk.mohan
#245 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:15:30 AM(UTC)

Yes. She is climbing back and bound reach top very shortly.
Her hard work is paying off well. She is very close to her goal.
Keep it up. All the Best Maria.
In fact you had very good serve % age the first set - 81%.
Only few more things are to be kept right.
Philli
#246 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:16:12 AM(UTC)
Philli

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

I know you've all been expecting me, so here I am. I did warn you yesterday. Dont say how could this happen, I explained to you EXACTLY why it did. You lot are mesmerized by her pretty face, her ass, her designer outfit and her Tiffany earrings when in fact NONE of those things mean shit when it comes to playing the Game.

You all called for revenge against Petra and you got it...but at what cost?.. I'll tell you. If you paid more attention you would see, like I do, that Maria is limited to the amount of effort she can put into a tournament. 3 set matches are killers to her fragile body and the amount of energy she can store. This is due to her insistence of maintaining her skinny model figure. Every other player of her size weighs at least 65 kilos. Maria, with 56, is just too weak to maintain the level of output required to go 7 Matches at full throttle. She's been this way since 2007. Aaaah, but I hear you saying she won the AO in 2008. Yes, and Doha after it, then she pulled out of two majors including the SE Open claiming total fatigue. She just couldn't take it. Then.. the crunch, her shoulder gave out.

Petra beat her at Wimbledon..Match number 7. Today Viki...Match number 7. Maria set another record for the only player to be Bagelled in an AO final.

She'll play the Fed Cup in Moscow for her ticket to The Olympics, but right now its Minus 10 degrees in Moscow so she is sure to catch a virus, pull out of Paris, go back to US and sit on her Butt til Indian Wells. So, even if she had taken the Number One spot, she would never be able to defend it, just like the last 3 times. Not once has she maintained the position for more than 6 weeks....and the last two times for less.

At Least Wozi worked her ass off for 67 weeks to hold on to it. All credit to her there.

When you consider the fact that the first 3 matches in slams are usually qualifiers or lower ranked players, you can understand how she gets so far. In regular Tournaments the going gets tough in the second round and she is usually burned out if she makes it to a final. She simply needs more meat on her bones to be able to store up energy. Now you've been told, so keep an eye on things for the next year and remember what I said.

<3Maria Sharapova
#249 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:31:02 AM(UTC)
<3Maria Sharapova

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Although Maria did achieve a not bad result, I'm very disappointed. These days (days before the final), I couldn't sleep well because of her. I was afraid that she's gonna loss again, like what she did in Wimbledon. Can't believe that she lost again! It's supposed to be a golden chance for her to get back to World No.1! Urgh!
But anyway, I'm still Maria's fan, so I gotta keep supporting her alongside...
1 user thanked <3Maria Sharapova for this useful post.
SturgisMatt on 1/28/2012(UTC)
Valkyre
#247 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:36:22 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

Philli;312858 wrote:

I know you've all been expecting me, so here I am. I did warn you yesterday. Dont say how could this happen, I explained to you EXACTLY why it did. You lot are mesmerized by her pretty face, her ass, her designer outfit and her Tiffany earrings when in fact NONE of those things mean shit when it comes to playing the Game.

You all called for revenge against Petra and you got it...but at what cost?.. I'll tell you. If you paid more attention you would see, like I do, that Maria is limited to the amount of effort she can put into a tournament. 3 set matches are killers to her fragile body and the amount of energy she can store. This is due to her insistence of maintaining her skinny model figure. Every other player of her size weighs at least 65 kilos. Maria, with 56, is just too weak to maintain the level of output required to go 7 Matches at full throttle. She's been this way since 2007. Aaaah, but I hear you saying she won the AO in 2008. Yes, and Doha after it, then she pulled out of two majors including the SE Open claiming total fatigue. She just couldn't take it. Then.. the crunch, her shoulder gave out.

Petra beat her at Wimbledon..Match number 7. Today Viki...Match number 7. Maria set another record for the only player to be Bagelled in an AO final.

She'll play the Fed Cup in Moscow for her ticket to The Olympics, but right now its Minus 10 degrees in Moscow so she is sure to catch a virus, pull out of Paris, go back to US and sit on her Butt til Indian Wells. So, even if she had taken the Number One spot, she would never be able to defend it, just like the last 3 times. Not once has she maintained the position for more than 6 weeks....and the last two times for less.

At Least Wozi worked her ass off for 67 weeks to hold on to it. All credit to her there.

When you consider the fact that the first 3 matches in slams are usually qualifiers or lower ranked players, you can understand how she gets so far. In regular Tournaments the going gets tough in the second round and she is usually burned out if she makes it to a final. She simply needs more meat on her bones to be able to store up energy. Now you've been told, so keep an eye on things for the next year and remember what I said.

you need sex. BADLY.

1 user thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
saggittarian on 1/28/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#250 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:15:28 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)

CONGRATULATIONS to both finalists, 'cos one must a real champion to get there.

After a very nervous start Vika came back to 22 and would never give anything away.

She took 100% advantage of Masha's weakest spot and made her RUN. Selfconfidence was

all hers while Masha tried to find her favorite lines and sometimes did. Too late and

Vika won the first set. That second one wasn't even necessary so i'll stop here.

I don't understan why Masha waisted her strenght in those 3 first matches? Show off with 6160-scores

while she could've taken her time and make it a kind of training? Too late now, the show is over...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
CROUCHING TIGER
#251 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:31:07 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
Sorry, Philli, but no thx this time. I can't agree wit ALL u say, certainly not about
WOZ who collects points like others stamps to be on that nr.1-spot.

What u say about Moscow is bull and u know it. If Shamil made her the leader of TEAM RUSSIA
he knows he can have confidence and YES...THAT OLYMPIC TICKET IS A MUST!!!

Agree some ppl see only "THE BODY" and also with that wild capitalistic show. Sure, sponsors
must be satisfied but there are limits.

No comment about that "theory" of 7 matches or her weight; i think the team that surrounds her
is more qualified about that.

@Valkyre, my friend, don't take it THAT serious. Philli u read between the lines and u get another picture.
Sex? Maybe you're right; such an obsession with Masha...mmmhhh; know what i mean? LOL...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Imnumber2
#253 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:39:57 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)
It's sad to see her loosing this bad in final, AGAIN! :(
Give credit to Azeranka to have her running around. So I sure hope that Maria and her team will learn for this lost and correct it from point on!
Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
boneyM
#254 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:40:57 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Admiration goes to both Azarenka and Sharapova. I feel bad of Maria but she was very gracious in defeat. I hope she will use the team spirit of Fed Cup to give herself a mental boost and help her forget this disappointing loss.

1 user thanked boneyM for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 1/28/2012(UTC)
Valkyre
#252 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:01:15 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

CROUCHING TIGER;312863 wrote:
Sorry, Philli, but no thx this time. I can't agree wit ALL u say, certainly not about
WOZ who collects points like others stamps to be on that nr.1-spot.

What u say about Moscow is bull and u know it. If Shamil made her the leader of TEAM RUSSIA
he knows he can have confidence and YES...THAT OLYMPIC TICKET IS A MUST!!!

Agree some ppl see only "THE BODY" and also with that wild capitalistic show. Sure, sponsors
must be satisfied but there are limits.

No comment about that "theory" of 7 matches or her weight; i think the team that surrounds her
is more qualified about that.

@Valkyre, my friend, don't take it THAT serious. Philli u read between the lines and u get another picture.
Sex? Maybe you're right; such an obsession with Masha...mmmhhh; know what i mean? LOL...

If there is ONE person on this forum, on this very thread right here and now, that talks about Maria's looks and her body, that's Phili. She is so fixated with Maria's looks that it is not even funny. I havent seen a single post out here talking about bodies, and beauty and modeling. All I see is talk about tennis. Well, that is except Phili, lol! 

Phili needs to understand that looks are not always what drive people to be fans of a certain athlete or person in general. We have several "ugly" people we are fans of... I guess Phili is the kind of person who is ugly inside and outside at the same time. Cause all this fixated hatred and jealousy is mindblowing! :D

But hey, lets all assume and agree that Maria is nothing more than looks (and snot and shriek and sweat!). Well guess what Phili. She is making 20+ million dollars a year at her 20s... You know, just being a sweaty, snoty barbie and all. How much do you make? What exactly have you accomplished in your awesome life? Riiiight... thought so. So go back to your troll cave, where it is misty and lonely and continue having pleasure to others failure. It is the only thing left that pleases you it seems!

PS: And sorry but her "tennis knowledge" and "arguments" died cause all the things she is accusing Maria off, well there are other players whom she has applauded before and they perfomed like shit in this AO. Like Stosur for example. But hey, she is not as pretty as Maria is so I guess it doesnt matter she got eliminated on the first round of this Slam. Or it doesnt matter that Kvitova lost to Maria, or that Azarenka lost to Kvitova on Championships, or that Williams got destroyed by Makarova, who was in turn destroyed by Maria in the quarterfinals.... Tennis expert my ass lol!

Phili just needs sex. Lots of it. And it needs to be fairly good. Then maybe she can find something more productive than finding pleasure in others misshaps. Cause Maria is going to make another 20 millions this year. And Phili will still be in that cave of hers.

saggittarian
#255 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 11:16:26 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Just read Maria's post-match interview. She is so positive about moving forward. Some sensible answers to daft questions.

1 user thanked saggittarian for this useful post.
Valkyre on 1/28/2012(UTC)
Alexandre
#256 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:14:41 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

First, congratulations for the great level of tennis and the fighting spirit u showed during this tournament, u showed everyone that u were back at your top level! You gave your fans so much pleasure, joy, pride and excitement !! These emotions were amplified by the fact that nobody expected u to go this far having not played a match since months ! As for today's match, Azarenka just played better, she really was too strong, she surpassed everybody during this tournament, it’s was like she was touched by the grace, all the luck was on her side, she had an appointment with her destiny, and unfortunately nobody can do something about it !

Also, congratulations for the speech u did during the ceremony, it was marked by dignity, fair-play, class, elegance, style and honor, that showed how a great champion u are on every levels!

Last, regarding your game and as I said since the beginning of the tournament, though u showed a high level of tennis, u should learn to vary your game, to change rhythms, to be an all-around player !! Power is not always the solution, and that’s what u experienced today with Azarenka! She beat u because she had a more diverse game than u ! There were so many points where u were dominating and that u could have finished at the net but u are so afraid of hitting volleys!

Love u Masha, u will have a great season this year, and Rollang Garros 2012 is yours for sure !!

XoXo

Philli
#257 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:37:16 PM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Valkyre, I assume you are a man since your profile is blank..just another anonymous name on the internet that could be a 14 year old pubertic kid or a 70 year old man sitting at his PC in his underpants looking for a webcam. Which one are you? Whatever the case, as a testosterone overloaded man, you assume every problem in the world can be solved by sex. How sad.

Myself, Paul and Tiger have been on this Forum longer than anybody else, despite what the date says, we were around on the old Forum way back when Maria really was a success in 2006 before she went on her super model diet and lost her beautifully developing fem figure before going into the 2007 Season which turned out to be her worst. She retired from 3 ongoing tournaments and cancelled 9 that year. She was ranked Number 2 and was getting beaten by players ranked in the 40s and 50s at every tournament in the second or third round. Not once during the season did she stay in a tournament long enough to play a top 20 player. She went out of Wimbledon in the second round and promptly jumped on a plane to Paris the next day to go to a fashion show with her best friend Camille. They were inseperable until rumours began to spread that she was lesbian...errrr I think they started on this fourm, hu-hum... then other Forums picked it up and suddenly She and Camille were no longer being seen together. As defending Champion, she got knocked out of the US Open by a qualifier by the name of Agnieska Radwanska in the second round, and at the Kremlin Cup in Mosow, she lost her first match to an unknown named Victoria Azarenka. But I digress, Michael Joyce was not able to control her and even now Thomas has said that it is very difficult to coordinate training with her due to her intense activities outside of Tennis.

Viki is 11 kilos, 24 pounds, heavier that Maria, but she is top fit and has energy to spare...something that Maria does not have now. Back in 2006 she was projected to be one of the great emerging Tennis players of the decade, but it never materialized. You figure it out.

ShelbyK
#263 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 1:00:01 PM(UTC)
ShelbyK

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)

I'd be lieing if i said i'm not sad. Life goes on.

Valkyre
#258 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 1:00:27 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

Philli;312883 wrote:

Valkyre, I assume you are a man since your profile is blank..just another anonymous name on the internet that could be a 14 year old pubertic kid or a 70 year old man sitting at his PC in his underpants looking for a webcam. Which one are you? Whatever the case, as a testosterone overloaded man, you assume every problem in the world can be solved by sex. How sad.

Myself, Paul and Tiger have been on this Forum longer than anybody else, despite what the date says, we were around on the old Forum way back when Maria really was a success in 2006 before she went on her super model diet and lost her beautifully developing fem figure before going into the 2007 Season which turned out to be her worst. She retired from 3 ongoing tournaments and cancelled 9 that year. She was ranked Number 2 and was getting beaten by players ranked in the 40s and 50s at every tournament in the second or third round. Not once during the season did she stay in a tournament long enough to play a top 20 player. She went out of Wimbledon in the second round and promptly jumped on a plane to Paris the next day to go to a fashion show with her best friend Camille. They were inseperable until rumours began to spread that she was lesbian...errrr I think they started on this fourm, hu-hum... then other Forums picked it up and suddenly She and Camille were no longer being seen together. But I digress, Michael Jordan was not able to control her and even now Thomas has said that it is very difficult to coordinate training with her due to her intense activities outside of Tennis.

Viki is 11 kilos, 24 pounds, heavier that Maria, but she is top fit and has energy to spare...something that Maria does not have now. Back in 2006 she was envized to be one of the great emerging Tennis players of the decade, but it never materialized. You figure it out.

Oh right I am anonymous and suddenly i fit into the category of either a 14 year old boy or a 70 year old man. Right lol. And where exactly is your information on this website Phili? Where is this detailed card that shows who you are exactly? Because I assume after all that you've said that you obviously have presented this forum with your personnal information lol.

So if I am 14 years old then you are possibly the same yourself. If I am 70 years old, perhaps you are too.

Unfortunately for you I am 31 years old and yes I am a man and I am here talking about Maria as a tennis player, not Maria as a supermodel, anorexic bitch whom I loathe like there is no tomorrow. Which is exactly what you are doing here. All you talk about is Maria's snot, sweat, hog, her skinny body and her manly shrieks...

and you call yourself a woman? And you even talk about issues like class? Lol this is the definition of irony! You talk about class and then you speak about hog and snots and such stuff. I mean how pathetic is this? You are the very definition of a classless individual! I am not the one talking about Maria's body,in fact no one is, only you are. You are fixated with Maria's looks. I dont know but that is  a clear sign of a woman/girl (14 year old or 70 year old, anonymous like you described) who loathes/envies other women who not only can be pretty, but also successful. Now how sad is that? We are here talking about tennis, and you are here talking about kilos and modeling. LOL capitalized!

I do not care if you were on this forum since 2004 Wimbledon. What I see is an envious troll, fixated with how Maria looks and without an inch of class as a human being, since all she has to comment is about snot, sweat, shriek and hog.

The funniest part of them all is how you judge Maria for pretty much about anything, but when it comes to Stosur getting destroyed in the 1st round or Serena getting destroyed by Makarova, and then Makarova being destroyed by Maria, you simply stay SILENT. When Kvitova beat Maria in Wimbledon final, guess who was here to "comment" about it. When Maria beats Kvitova, all you have to say is that "sooner or later she is going to lose". You are full of shit. Completely uberly full of shit. I mean to the point where it is amusing actualy!

And yeah, you need to go to bed. It is the only thing that could actually drag you out of that troll cave of yours and perhaps give you a better perspective of how to socialize with a little tiny bit of "class".

So next time you look at yourself in the mirror remember that Maria is making 20 millions a year. Then, to feel better, remember how she lost with a baggel from Vika, remember how skinny she is, her snots, her sweat. That should give you enough pump to go by your next day. Have fun spending time hating and enjoying others misshaps, while knowing you arent even as successful as they are in the least.

deadchip
#264 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 1:16:43 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)

ShelbyK;312884 wrote:

I'd be lieing if i said i'm not sad. Life goes on.

+1!!!!! Exactly!

Masha is my #1!!
paul_pipkin
#248 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:03:17 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Valkyre;312861 wrote:

Philli;312858 wrote:

you need sex. BADLY.

So do I--I confess I'm totally down with Masha's ass! Oh yeah

IF she got a bug in Moscow, I'd venture she'd more likely recuperate in Istanbul. Actually, though, Arctic & sub-Arctic air masses are relatively virus-free.

Hey, those same mouthpieces who applauded Vika last night will be ragging on her tomorrow. "Does she deserve Number 1"... blah, blah, blah, blah.... You've heard it all before. NOBODY is good enough if not Anglo-American. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
SturgisMatt
#265 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 3:36:22 PM(UTC)

Certainly disappointed that she wasn't able to win, and the way in which she lost, but there was alot of good in her game this tournamnet and I am excited to see her play the rest of this season. Maria is going to bounce back from this and be better for it. 

TheVinnys
#266 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 3:44:00 PM(UTC)
TheVinnys

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You don't need a trophy to be a champion , You are our " CHAMPION " ! ! !
Maria Sharapova " Come On ! " whenever I need help I think of Maria on court yelling this ;)
it works wonders .....
kissmyace
#267 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 3:50:12 PM(UTC)

Hi everyone!
Its been a great couple of weeks despite the loss. Thank you to all my fans here in Australia who have been so supportive and cheerful during my matches. 
I can't believe I have been here for a whole month already, is that long enough to pick up an Australian accent? 
Its finally time for me to pack up my summer dresses and get those big fluffy winter jackets out for my trip to Moscow! Brrr!! 
Ill make sure to give plenty of updates from there.
See you soon!!