logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
ADOPTION FAILURES
Dartagnan
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:23:33 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

The success of Maria Sharapova in tennis&life is due only to her parents' love. 

Just imagine what could have happened to Maria Sharapova in the US if she were adopted by US parents who hated her. 

Maria Sharapova, year 1991, with mother Elena, second left, grandmother, first from the right, and a female relative in Sochi, Russia. 
Picture: The Siberian Times

Maria Sharapova

Putin vows to sign Dima Yakovlev bill, decree on orphan aid into law

владимир путин вмдеоконференция путин конференция путин портрет

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said he will sign into law the Dima Yakovlev bill together with a decree on aid to Russian orphans.

“I’m not only going to sign the [Dima Yakovlev] law you’ve just mentioned, I’m going to adopt the decree granting support to orphans, children without parental care and especially those kids who have health problems,” the Russian president said at a State Council session Thursday.

Mr. Putin added lawmakers still needed to perfect child care legislation.

The Dima Yakovlev bill named after a Russian boy who died in the US due to negligence of his adoptive father imposes sanctions on US abusers of Russians’ rights. It also bans US adoptions of Russian kids.

If the law is signed it will enter into force on January 1, 2013.

Voice of Russia, Reuters, Interfax

Adopted child abuse: no one's immune

Journalist and political analyst Dmitry Babich shares his take on Russia's adoption ban for US citizens and the tyranny of Western morale

I think the Western rhetoric on children is very hypocritical. “Dima Yakovlev law” is a special case, I won’t go into the details of this law, but certainly just limiting the whole story to just the evil Russian Duma barring unhappy Russia kids from being adopted by rich and kind American parent – that’s a gross simplification.

I think it is quite obvious to any person who lived in the US and in Russia, it is enough to live there for a few months to understand that old Soviet stereotype that any kid would be better off in the US than in Russia or on the territory of the former Soviet Union – that stereotype just doesn’t work not only because now there are more wealthy people in Russia so that you can live in a very wealthy family in Russia or you can live in a poor family in the US, but also because people are different.

There are bad and good parents everywhere. And there is no nation that would be completely immune to child abuse and there are no nations which would be completely tyrantless in bringing up children. So, Dima Yakovlev case to my mind is a clear case of deliberate cultural misunderstanding prompted by the Western propaganda, I’m sorry.

As for the attitude to children in the West in general, I think it is very friendly on the surface but it is very destructive in its essence because if you follow all of the modern trends of the Western society when they talk about liberation of women, when they talk about new approach to a family – this maybe very comfortable to grown up individuals. 

The same thing is about same sex marriages. Ok, it is maybe very comfortable for people which peculiar sexual orientation to live with each other. It may be very easy for them now, or it will be made easy for them to adopt a child. But this child will have to be adopted and live with the parents who are not his biological parents. So, will they be kind to him? Will that child be forced or not forced to pay the bills? That’s a big question.

I think that this is the problem with the modern Western society – it wants to break with the lifestyle and with the tradition that had made it so successful during the last 2000-3000 years. I mean the modern Western society is no longer a Christian society because if you look at what is acceptable and what is not acceptable in politically correct counties nowadays – you will see a huge difference with the Christian values.

For example, you rightly noted it that it is now considered to be almost a crime and certainly very immoral to discipline your kid physically. But at the same time it is not the crime and it is not immoral to divorce your husband and leave that kid without one parent. Again, it is no longer considered immoral to give up your kid if you can’t sustain him or her and to pass it to a more affluent homosexual family. It is no longer a crime, it is no longer even badly viewed. It is now going to be adopted.

So, when you said that crime rate is rising because people no longer discipline their children physically, I’m not sure about that, that is debatable. But certainly it creates new cultural features because when the Western society is trying to implant the same values in say Afghanistan or Iraq which for centuries and for millennia lived according to very different principles – that creates this so called clash of civilizations.

The modern clash of civilizations initially is not a product of eastern initiative. It is a product of Western initiative. The West wants to impose a totally new set of values, not Christian values, not Muslim values, but some very debatable new values on societies that never gave their consent to these values. I think that the solution to this problem of too much violence towards the kids or too little violence, sort of moral indifference towards the kids – I think the solution is in Christianity.

We are celebrating the Western Christmas right now and I think it makes sense to talk about it. Basically, the Christian concept that no human being is ideal and even babies because of the original sin have to be disciplined – it has a lot of sense in it. And this is the reason that justified disciplining kids for centuries. So, I think it is quite understandable that too much violence towards children can cause great problems and it is a very bad practice…

It is disgusting, but we are not talking about violence, we are talking about discipline.

What is not debatable to me is that the solutions offered by the modern Western society are not Christian, they are very unchristian, they are almost antichristian and these are solutions that had never worked before. All societies that have been successful in the past few millennia, they all adhered to basically the same principles and this is the reason why there were cases when Christian countries were successful colonizing powers, even when they colonized Muslim nations, since the basic set of principles was the same sometimes it worked.

The new set of principles that the Western society is now offering, it existed only in tribal societies where women chose sexual partners, where there was almost no family or very unstable families – and these societies basically failed. They lost the fight for survival to Christian and Muslim societies. So, I don’t see how the modern Western civilization still technically superior and still with lots of nice remnants of its glorious Christian past, how they can survive in the modern world. We see that demographically, morally and now even economically they are losing the race to Muslim nations and to China, and in some ways even to Russia.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

CROUCHING TIGER
#28 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:12:58 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
http://www.huffingtonpos...cid=edlinkusaolp00000003

A LETTER TO RUSSIA...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 12/30/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#29 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:18:36 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Originally Posted by: CROUCHING TIGER Go to Quoted Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/melissa-bridges/dear-russia-an-adoptive-mothers-plea_b_2377301.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

A LETTER TO RUSSIA...

Instead of writing to Putin, I think these us citizens should ask Obama to find them orphan children in the usa. I think it is a better solution for them because there are also many orphan children who are in the usa, they also need a family and help from them. 

Each government should find a solution for their own orphan children. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#30 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:32:35 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

CANDY CANDY is one of the best movie about the us orphan children. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzvNBOtek9U

Dartagnan
#31 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 3:32:38 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

CANDY CANDY is one of the best movie about the us orphan children. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzvNBOtek9U

CANDY IS ONE OF THE BEST&REALISTIC CARTOON IN THE WORLD ABOUT ORPHANS (created by a japanese). I RECOMMAND EVERYBODY TO WATCH THE FULL 115 episodes. 

THIS CARTOON SHOWS US CLEARLY THAT IT IS NOT EASY FOR AN ORPHAN TO FIND A FAMILY WHO LOVES HIM OR HER. 

THEY HAVE TO SUFFER A LOT DURING THEIR CHILDHOOD BUT SOMETIMES THEY SURMOUNT THE DIFFICULTIES, BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS NICE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. 

US couple to stand trial for abusing Russian adoptee

A US couple goes on trial today in Virginia on charges of repeatedly abusing their adopted Russian son Daniil Kruchin.

Matthew and Amy Sweeney brought Daniil, now nine year old, from Russia six years ago. In July he ran away from home at midnight and knocked on a neighbor’s door. The neighbor called police. A medical examination found traces of severe beatings on the boy’s body. A criminal investigation was launched.

If found guilty the Sweeney couple will face a big fine or a jail term.

At least 19 adopted Russian children have so far fallen victim to cruel treatment by their Amrican foster parents. 

Another Russian child beaten by US foster parents

Elena Krylova

Yet another child from Russia suffered from the hands of foster American parents. According to the local government, a week ago, a boy of eight escaped in the night from the house where he lived and knocked on the neighbors’ door. Later, the police found on the boy’s body the marks of heavy blows and opened a criminal case.

As reported on Wednesday in the consular department of the Russian Embassy in Washington, the boy’s name is Daniel Kruchina, born in the Russian city of Tula in 2003. He was adopted by Matthew and Amy Sweeney in 2006 who gave him their second name and the name of Daniel Alexander. The family lives in the town of Bristow in Virginia.According to local authorities, last Wednesday at about 1a.m. someone rang the doorbell of a local resident Ron Kramer. When Mr. Kramer opened the door, on his doorstep he found a little boy who asked him for shelter. Kramer called the police who collected the child and on examination found vivid marks from beatings on his body. The boy told the police officers that he was beaten regularly.

In the morning Amy Sweeney told the police about the disappearance of her son. The police, however, did not return the child to her, and instead detained the parents themselves. Later they were charged with child abuse. They were subsequently released on bail of 20,000 dollars each pending court hearings. The boy is now under the care of local social services.

The Sweeney’s have their own children. They family was monitored by social workers, but the signs of child abuse had never been identified. The local District Attorney Paul Ebert told reporters that there was nothing unusual in the case. According to Attorney Ebert, often in families with several children all the parental anger and frustration are poured onto just one child.

Reports of child abuse of adopted children from Russia come from the U.S. on a regular basis. In early July another lawsuit of this kind was launched in the United States. This time against a couple from Wisconsin, Kathleen and Martin O'Brien. The couple were charged with 17 counts, including a dozen serious crimes. In particular, according to the investigation, in the period from 2004 to 2011 the O’Brien’s mistreated six foster children, of whom, according to media reports, four were from Russia. The children were from 12 to 19 years of age.

According to investigators, the O'Brien’s had abused their foster child for several years, applying not only harsh, but truly sadistic punishments and even developed a whole system of heavy handed discipline. The children were beaten with belts and sticks, tied up, strangled, sprayed in the face with pepper spray and tear gas. During winter they were forced to stay naked outside or spend time in a filthy pen for dogs. Moreover, the couple only abused the adopted children while their own four grown up children: two sons and two daughters assisted the parents in their criminal behavior.

Previously the case of the Kreivers, a married couple form Pennsylvania drew a lot of media attention. They were accused of systematic beatings of their adopted seven-year-old son Vanya Skorobogatov that subsequently led to the boy’s death. During their trial however, the jury decided there was not sufficient evidence of child abuse and the foster parents were found guilty of only not taking the child to the hospital in time. Altogether 17 adopted Russian children perished in the United States since 2006.

In Alaska, Jessica Bigley, a police officer, released a video of placing her adopted son, Daniel Bukharov under cold shower and forcing him to drink hot sauce as punishment .Prior to that, in recent years, there had been more than ten cases in which adopted children from Russia, not only suffered beatings and humiliation, but died at the hands of foster parents in the United States.

In February this year, the Russian Foreign Ministry called for a moratorium on adoptions of Russian children by American foster parents before the ratification of the US-Russian agreement on cooperation in this area aimed at preventing similar incidents in the future. Recently, an agreement was ratified by the upper house of Russian parliament.

In general, the beatings and abuse of foster children in the U.S. are not uncommon. Each year more than 28,000 children suffer from foster parents in America, reported RIA Novosti.

Dartagnan
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:27:38 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

US to assist in Russian kid death probe

сша полиция сша техас шериф

Feb 18, 2013

Texas prosecutors have expressed readiness to assist Russian investigators in their probe into the death of three-year old Maxim Kuzmin. Earlier, Russia’s children’s ombudsman Pavel Astakhov said that the boy died after being systematically beaten and allegedly fed with psychoactive drugs by his adoptive mother.

Maxim’s brother Kirill was adopted by the same family.

Russia investigating another adopted boy's death in US - spokesman

Russia's Investigative Committee said on Monday that it had begun to investigate the death in the United States of one more boy adopted from Russia and may open a criminal case after that, committee spokesman Vladimir Markin told reporters on Monday.

Markin said the committee had asked the Russian Foreign Ministry and the Russian presidential commissioner for children's rights, Pavel Astakhov, for information on the boy's death.

Earlier on Monday, Astakhov said an adopted Russian boy had been killed in Texas.

Moscow hopes those guilty of adopted Russian child's death in US will be severely punished

Moscow hopes that those guilty of an adopted Russian child's death in the United States will be punished, and pledges to closely follow the investigation.

"We do hope that those guilty will be severely punished. We will closely follow the investigation and we must say again that the U.S. Department of State, unlike local officials, provided no assistance to our diplomats in finding out the cause of the new fatality in the U.S. involving an adopted Russian child," the Russian Foreign Ministry's human rights commissioner, Konstantin Dolgov, told Interfax.

An inquiry has been started into the death of Russian boy Maxim Kuzmin, adopted by a family in Texas, he said.

"We are drawing the attention of the public to yet another instance of cruel abuse of a Russian boy adopted in the U.S. Maxim Kuzmin, age three, is dead. American child welfare services said he died on January 21 in his adoptive parents' home in Texas after being cruelly treated by his adoptive mother," Dolgov said.

"An examination revealed multiple injuries to the child's head and legs. A post-mortem examination also revealed damage to his organs which could only have been caused by a violent impact. It was established that the parents had been giving the boy a heavy psychotropic substance which is normally used to treat severe cases of schizophrenia in adults, not children. It is an excessively heavy and actually an intolerable drug for a child," he said.

"We hope if these facts are proven in the ongoing investigation, those guilty of the boy's death will get due punishment," he said.

Foster mother kills adopted Russian child in US - Astakhov

Another Russian orphan has allegedly been killed in the US, Russia’s children’s ombudsman Pavel Astakhov told reporters Monday. A three-year old boy died in Texas. The autopsy has shown that he had been systematically beaten and fed with psychoactive drugs by his adoptive mother.

A series of similar abuses triggered Russian MPs to adopt the Dima Yakovlev law in January 2013 banning US adoptions.

The US State Department did not comment on the boy’s death, which reportedly happened at the end of January. Nevertheless, the incident became known to the Russian Embassy in the US.

Moscow accuses US State Department of failing to investigate death in US of adopted Russian boy.

Interfax, RIA

Dartagnan
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:30:07 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

The success of Maria Sharapova in tennis&life is due only to her parents' love. 

Just imagine what could have happened to Maria Sharapova in the US if she were adopted by US parents who hated her. 

Moscow urges criminal investigation into adopted boy's death

Максим Кузьмин усыновление США смерть убийство дети

Russia urges the U.S. to begin a criminal investigation into the death of the adopted Russian boy Maxim Kuzmin.

“American adoptive parents of the 3-year-old boy must be brought to court over Maxim’s death,” Russia’s children's rights ombudsman Pavel Astakhov said.

He voiced his indignation over the fact that the U.S. has not yet handed over all data concerning the investigation of the boy’s death to the Russian Investigative Committee, though some details were made available to the media.

Maxim Kuzmin died in Texas on January 21, 2013. The recently published autopsy results say that the boy’s death was accidental, and the bruises found on his body had resulted from self-injury as Maxim was not mentally stable.  

Dartagnan
#22 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 5:53:36 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

The success of Maria Sharapova in tennis&life is due only to her parents' love. 

New case of cruel treatment of Russian adopted children in US

сша усыновление дети издевательство Алексей Анастасия Климовы родители американцы Майкл и Пенни Декерт

Klimov siblings - Alexei and Anastasia

Texas authorities are investigating allegations that a 16 year old adopted Russian girl was sexually abused by her American father. The case concerns the future of the Klimov siblings - Alexei, Anastasia and Svetlana from the town of Krasnokamsk, the Urals region, who were adopted by a couple from Silsbee, Texas. Six months ago in an interview with the Voice of Russia in Washington psychotherapist Diana Black who had inspected the family told about all of the misfortunes of the three Russian children.

Texas police don’t give any detailed comments about the case, so it is possible to judge about everything only from Diana Black’s words, psychotherapist who has contacted many times the Klimov siblings. In the US the boy and two girls got their new last name Deckert after their foster parents. Here is an extract from the interview Mrs Black gave in the Washington studio of the Voice of Russia last summer.

According to Mrs Black, in summer 2008, she was asked to inspect the family of Michael and Penny Deckert who had adopted three children from Russia in 2003. She said that the children were hungry and dirty when she saw them then. They were afraid of their foster parents. The inspector claims that Penny Deckert was beating the elder child constantly. She punished him with rice kneeling and locked him in the closet with a bucket full of slop. Once she even knocked on of his teeth out. Mrs Black also mentioned in her report that the two sisters also suffered at the hand of their foster parents. But neither the social services, nor the sheriff or the prosecutor’s office took the children from that family.

The children attempted to run away several times but were always returned. Last summer Alexei (who was registered as Zackary Deckert) ran away again and since then he has been on the national wanted list.

Recently, social services took the girls from the family but not because of the previous tortures but on suspicions that 16 year old Anastasia was sexually abused by her American father.  Russian diplomats are watching the fate of the girls. Here is the statement Russia’s General Consul Alexander Zakharov made in Houston.

"On March 21, the state authorities took Anastasia and Svetlana from their foster family and now they are in ward of the service of children’s rights protection in Hardin district. At present it is being decided whether the girls can be returned to the foster family or should remain in ward. They can be in ward till the age of 21 or they can be given to another family."

It looks like it was Diana Black who told the Russian diplomats about the cases of child abuse in the Deckert family. She is keeping contact with the runaway boy who even called her several months ago. But still the story has many white spots.  Diana Black claims that she also suffered for her care for those children. According to the statement on the official website of the Texas Healthcare department, she was deprived of her license for one year for breaking professional ethics and establishing personal relations with her minor-aged clients. Judging from the date of the statement it concerns the incident with the Deckert family. Mrs Black is also accused of instigating the boy to run away from home. The hearing in this case is slated for May.

Dartagnan
#23 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 5:59:41 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

'Rights of children in America are not high, it focuses on rights of parents' - US psychotherapist

'Rights of children in America are not high, it focuses on rights of parents' - US psychotherapist

Another case of mistreatment of adopted Russian children has been revealed in the US – this time, in the city of Silsbee in Texas. The adoptive parents have often beaten and humiliated the children. Texas authorities are investigating allegations that a 16 year old adopted Russian girl was sexually abused by her American father. Diana Black, psychotherapist who had inspected the family gave an interview to the Voice of Russia.

Do you have any statistic at all about similar cases with Russian children in other countries not just in the US?

Actually I don’t. I know that there has been many problems with Russian children being abused in the United States and I don’t think that it is because of the Russian, I think it is because appropriate safeguards aren’t put into place in this country and I think that with all the different states, all the different rules and regulations, different standards in different states the children, unfortunately, are occasionally end up in homes…

You know, we hear more and more stories of Russian children being abused and that of course attracts attention of the media and the circles in Russia and in the US of course. But I am wondering what is being done in the United States in terms of changing the situation, and perhaps as you said earlier, maybe placing more controls on adoptive parents, on those who would like to adopt, perspective parents and for them to go maybe through, say, stricter filters, so to speak, before they adopt a child? Is there anything done at all or how much attention do these cases attract?

There is not anything being done as far as I know. I know the Hague convention, and I know some things that have been discussed between Russia and the United States, home studies should be done by credible people, someone needs to go into the home periodically, maybe within 2 weeks, then a few months, then maybe 6 months, a year, 2 years, and to check on those children if they are ok. They are in a very vulnerable situation because they don’t have extended family in the United States.

But is there any difference when it comes to adopting an American child by American parents and adopting a child from abroad? Or is the process the same?

The process is only different because the complications of adopting a child internationally are more complex than adopting a child locally. The children who are adopted locally: I can’t answer to the standards of the follow-up care that they receive, but my impression and my limited information on this leads me to believe that there are some safeguards in place within the country for children who are adopted form America because I had a contract with child protector services at one time and they were very thorough. When children are adopted from private agencies, I don’t know what the procedures are.

Yes, correct me if I am wrong, I don’t know if this is true or not, and to what extent this is true, I heard that it is much easier to adopt a child from overseas although be it as expensive but it is easier in terms of checks that you have to undergo from different services and social institutions that adoptive parents have to go through before they adopt the child. So, adopting a child from overseas is much easier. Would you agree or disagree with that?

I would agree with it because it is easier for communication to be lost because of the distance and this particular case, I know the home study that was done for this case, I talked to a social worker who had conducted the home study, and she called the home study “borderline.” And I said, “what do you mean by “borderline?” and she said, “they were barely approved.” That is not good enough if there is a question about whether your home is suitable, it should be rejected of course.

It is also interesting to know your point as whether the cases of abuse extent to other children, not just Russian children, I mean we hear a lot about the cases of abuse involving the Russian children. But what about other children? I mean Americans do adopt from China, Romania, and some other countries as well.

I don’t know about other foreign adoptions, I’ve only checked up with Russian adoptions in the United States because of the 3 Russian children that I worked with, but I will tell you that – the rights of children in America are not high, it focuses on the rights of parents. And more needs to be done to safeguard the children in America when they are abused.

Can’t agree more with you, Diane. That was Diana Black, psychologist from Texas. Thank you so much.

Dartagnan
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:03:27 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova, year 1991, with mother Elena, second left, grandmother, first from the right, and a female relative in Sochi, Russia. 

The success of Maria Sharapova in tennis&life is due only to her parents' love. 

Just imagine what would have happened to Maria Sharapova in the US if she were one of these unlucky children adopted by US parents who hated them. 

They adopt children not for love but for money...may be they want to pay less taxes by adopting these children..

Remember: The Devil likes money more than children's love 

US: foster care system loosing up restrictions

близнецы Ваня и Даша Скоробогатовы смерть дети ребенок усыновление США американская семья побои Ваня Скоробогатов из Челябинска американцы Майкл и Наннет Крейвер США Пенсильвания Кэррол-Тауншип

Nearly 4 years have passed since the death of Vanya Skorobogatov, a Russian boy, who died from numerous wounds and bruises he had received in a foster family in the USA. His foster parents Michael and Nanette Craver,who were accused of beating their 7-year-old adoptee to death, spent 4 years in prison while the court proceedings went on. They were released from prison 2 years ago. And now the US court plans to withdraw some accusations from the foster father of Vanya Skorobogatov Michael Craver.

Initially, the prosecutors, showing Vanya’s photo with a swollen head and 80 wounds to his body, to the trial jury, demanded a death sentence for the torturers . However, Michael and Nanette Craver denied their fault, claiming that the boy was mentally ill and did harm to himself. Finally, the “unintentional murder” formulation came into being, and instead of 4 years, the foster parents spent 15 months in prison. Now the lawyer of Michael Craver has appealed to the court to remove some accusations from him, motivating this by the fact that the latter could not find a good job. Hence, he can neither pay the fine nor cover the court costs to the tune of 58,000 dollars. Giving her comments, the chairwoman of the non-governmental organization “Parents’ Committee” - lawyer Larisa Pavlova – said:

“The investigation that has already taken much time continues. The current procrastination is caused by new arguments the number of which is dramatically growing and also by numerous delays. Hence, the impartiality of the US court is called into question. Another question that arises here is whether the former investigation was really unbiased. However, the fact remains that Russian children find themselves in a difficult situation in America . And of importance here is the fact that they are not protected by the US legislation”.

The death of Vanya Skorobogatov is neither a separate nor an exclusive case. Another Russian child died in Wisconsin in late January . His foster mother gave him psychotropic medications and often beat him. In July of 2012 8-year-old Maxim Bababyev ran away from home not warning his foster parents and complained about home violence to his neighbours . Maxim was handed over to the US social services but the Russian diplomats have not yet received a permission to meet with him. The drop to fill the cup was the death of Dima Yakovlev, a 21-month-old infant whom his foster parent left strapped in a car seat for nine hours in hot weather. Then the law banning the US adoptions of Russian children came into effect. Asked whether the withdrawal of accusations from the foster parent of Vanya Skorobogatov will trigger a strain of relations between Russia and the USA, a political analyst, Sergei Mikheyev said: “ Of interest here is the fact that now Russia wants to weaken the “Dima Yakovlev bill”, aiming to enable mixed Russian-American couples to adopt Russian children. As it appears, the Americans are complicating the whole situation. I don’t think that a scandal will break out . That’s enough of that! It is no good to add new problems to bilateral relations.

CONCLUSION: According to the Russian ombudsman for children’s rights Pavel Astakhov, 19 Russian children have been killed by US citizens over the past 10 years, and several children were killed in accidents and died from various diseases.