logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<1415161718>»
Games of the XXX Olympiad -- Team Russia
Aussie4
#314 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2012 5:58:33 PM(UTC)
Aussie4

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Well I haven't posted here the whole tournament so this may be a LITTLE long. Sorry!

Basically, this is how Maria could have played at Wimbledon in my opinion. She played superb grass court tennis; her win against Lisicki was absolutely breath taking (even if the match was sorta sloppy) and it was fantastic to see her get revenge.

She pretty much bullied Clijsters, and even though she had a dip in level in the second set, she never looked like she was going to lose the match. It's a shame though, cause i really do love Kim; definitely one of the nicest, humble woman on the tour.

She played some of the best tennis i've seen from her all year against Kiri, who wasn't playing bad at all! Kiri threw everything at her and Maria just raised her level (as much as it can be raised by a WOMAN) and served particularly well. I was very impressed

Now, to the semi disaster that happened last night. I can't say i was completely shocked, but i definitely thought the match might have been a little bit more competitive, especially once the rallies started. However, when you're playing a woMAN who has serving stats similar to Roger Federer's (in terms of average serve speed and %) you get an unstoppable force, that is unfortunately in her own league. I mean at one point, Maria threw literally, some of the best shots i've ever seen at Serena, only to see that yellow ball come straight back at her.

Okay, I ain't gonna get started on how she's a cheat/drug addict, because there is definitely NO evidence suggesting that at this point in time. However, it is a little suspicious how suddenly after her humiliating defeat at the French, she's come back extremely fit and is able to play so many matches at such a high level. I just don't even know/ want to think about it.

Now back to Maria. I am so proud of her. Her debut Olympics, on grass, after her permature loss a few weeks back at Wimby, and she wins the silver. Well actually, she wins the gold, because Serena doesn't count, but enough about Serena. She's back to #2 in the world (step aside Aga). #1 will be her's, it's just whether or not she can keep it away from Serena, because let me tell you, Serena WANTS that ranking.

I had more i wanted to say, but i forgot. I only got 2hours sleep and have a tonne of work to do today, so if my post makes no sense, you know why.

OFF TO TORONTO!

EDIT: Note to self, after typing long post when sleep deprived, read through it and check spelling 

3 users thanked Aussie4 for this useful post.
Valkyre on 8/4/2012(UTC), Brebis on 8/5/2012(UTC), alexandreka on 8/5/2012(UTC)
MidnightSun
#304 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2012 7:09:07 PM(UTC)
MidnightSun

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Brebis;318161 wrote:

alexandreka;318158 wrote:
No comment, Serena is clearly doping ;-)
No seriously, Maria wins a Silver Medal at the olympics, that's preety great for her !
Serena is tested many times in a year and probably also at the Olympics. I think it's something that we have to except. It must have to do with her Afro-American back groud if you look at her fitness and muscles. Apart from that she is about 10 kilo's heavier then Maria and consistent during tournaments. Unfortunately for us , we need to except that Serena is the strongest at the moment. My wish for tomorrow; Azarenka NOT winning gold.

Even if she tested negative it doesn't mean she is not doping. Drugs are getting better and better so most of the athletes using them dont get caught ;)) Pretty sure thats the case with Serena. But let her enjoy her gold medal.

As for Maria ... Congratulations! :)) But taking just a game in the finals is a bit ... humiliating. It seemed like Serena read Masha's game perfectly the whole match where as Maria didn't exactly knew what to do.
Overall it's been a very good year for Masha. Hope to see good results at US Open too.

2 users thanked MidnightSun for this useful post.
Aussie4 on 8/4/2012(UTC), alexandreka on 8/5/2012(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#305 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2012 8:48:57 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

MidnightSun;318170 wrote:

Brebis;318161 wrote:

No seriously, Maria wins a Silver Medal at the olympics, that's preety great for her !
Serena is tested many times in a year and probably also at the Olympics. I think it's something that we have to except. It must have to do with her Afro-American back groud if you look at her fitness and muscles. Apart from that she is about 10 kilo's heavier then Maria and consistent during tournaments. Unfortunately for us , we need to except that Serena is the strongest at the moment. My wish for tomorrow; Azarenka NOT winning gold.

Even if she tested negative it doesn't mean she is not doping. Drugs are getting better and better so most of the athletes using them dont get caught ;)) Pretty sure thats the case with Serena. But let her enjoy her gold medal.

As for Maria ... Congratulations! :)) But taking just a game in the finals is a bit ... humiliating. It seemed like Serena read Masha's game perfectly the whole match where as Maria didn't exactly knew what to do.
Overall it's been a very good year for Masha. Hope to see good results at US Open too.

You'll never know when a top player dopes until maybe, years later--like Agassi when it no longer matters. Forget "testing", drug tech, masking concoctions. Here's the deal: research it for yourselves:

The "World Anti-Doping Agency" (WADA) is totally compromised through its entanglements with the Roche phramacorps. (Patented compounds owned by Roche almost never return a false positive, hunh? You can ruin your career by using cold mediciner other than the "preferred".)

Simple: the athete's sponsors cut their deal with the Roche boardroom & Roche tells WADA what and what NOT to find. End of story. 

Europeans really oughta look around at some little facist principalities like Flanders that actually allow this corrupt enterprise to constitute itself as a damned court. Speaks loudly of the need to bring down the entire rotten plutocracy.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
2 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 8/4/2012(UTC), CROUCHING TIGER on 8/5/2012(UTC)
Valkyre
#315 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 9:08:37 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

3 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 8/5/2012(UTC), Alireza on 8/5/2012(UTC), katmilr on 8/6/2012(UTC)
deadchip
#292 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 9:53:44 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)

quote=Valkyre;318147]

deadchip;318143 wrote:
And by the way I read a blog by Peter Bodo that just trashed Maria. It was cheap and petty.Thought you guys would like to see it. Man, he sucks ass!!

http://espn.go.com/tenni...ova-patriotism-authentic
No my firend Brebis you shouldnt do that. You say this guy trashed Maria and writes a pathetic articles that sucks ass, and you advertise him? No. The correct thing to do is inform people NOT to give this guy and HITS at all. That is what this guy makes money off... people giving him hits and clicks. Biased journalism should die and that Pete Bodo is one biased bastard of a "journalist"... I know him and I never read his articles anymore...

He is so pathetic that he trashes players even when they win. When Djoker was raping Nadal and Federer, he was just trashing Nole .... unbelievable really. He never gave him credit. He is in love with Nadal and Serena and a bit Federer. Everyone else is garbage to him. NEVER READ THIS BASTARDS ARTICLES.

[/quote]

Sorry to piss you off Val, but I look at it as taking away any hits he might get from any of us in the future!! I won't be reading anything more from Mr Bodo after reading that and I'm pretty sure any Masha fan will be the same. So though he gets more hits on this one, he will lose in the long run. Just trying to inform all us Masha fans about this idiot. So that was my logic for posting the link. Sorry, if it was not cool with you.

Still no sign of the Roger's cup main draw and Maria has not yet pullled out, so I think she will be there. Damn!! I could have arranged to be there again this year, but thought that chances were high that she may pull out like the last time I travelled 3000 miles to see her play!!!!

Wow Murray dismantling Fed right now. 6-2, 6-1....who would have thunk it. This may just help him win Wimbly next year too. Well that's if he finishes this off of course.

Masha is my #1!!
1 user thanked deadchip for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 8/5/2012(UTC)
Valkyre
#293 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 10:37:29 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

deadchip;318182 wrote:

Sorry to piss you off Val, but I look at it as taking away any hits he might get from any of us in the future!! I won't be reading anything more from Mr Bodo after reading that and I'm pretty sure any Masha fan will be the same. So though he gets more hits on this one, he will lose in the long run. Just trying to inform all us Masha fans about this idiot. So that was my logic for posting the link. Sorry, if it was not cool with you.

Still no sign of the Roger's cup main draw and Maria has not yet pullled out, so I think she will be there. Damn!! I could have arranged to be there again this year, but thought that chances were high that she may pull out like the last time I travelled 3000 miles to see her play!!!!

Wow Murray dismantling Fed right now. 6-2, 6-1....who would have thunk it. This may just help him win Wimbly next year too. Well that's if he finishes this off of course.

No my friend no need to apologise, we are on the same page, it is not that I didnt find it cool, I didnt read the article because of what you said, but I hate these kinds of biased and pathetic journalists and I really want people to know about that and never ever click anything on their websites! Please dont missunderstand my intentions :)

I got Maria's interview of the final:

Quote:

S. WILLIAMS/M. Sharapova
6-0, 6-1
An interview with:
MARIA SHARAPOVA
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.
Q. Are you planning to play the finals in Istanbul in October?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yes, if I make it, I'll be there. You have to qualify first.
Q. If you qualify, you will be there?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah.
Q. Are there any plans for you to get married in Istanbul with your partner?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. Those are false rumors. Always have been.
Q. So you're not planning to get married in Istanbul?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Definitely not.
Q. Obviously disappointment to some degree not getting the gold. But what does the silver mean to you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, it means a lot. This is my first Olympic experience. I mean, this is probably one of the toughest events, playing six matches in the span of eight days against tough competition.
It's such a unique experience for all of us. For me to be a first Olympian and to leave with a silver is an amazing accomplishment. Obviously it's always disappointing to lose in the finals, but it's great to get a medal, that's for sure.
Q. She has got a good record against you. Were you surprised how well she played?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Look, she's playing incredibly confident tennis. After winning Wimbledon, you've seen her level progress so much here over this tournament. With every match she's played, she's playing better, hitting harder, so much power on the ball. Even against the wind today, her shots were very powerful.
Yeah, I mean, she's done an incredible job of keeping that up.
Q. Are you going to go to Rio in 2016?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know where I'm going tomorrow, so... (Smiling).
If anyone can tell me what I'm doing in four years, good luck. I would love to. I had a great experience here. It all seemed so quick. You know, just seemed like I arrived in London. Here we are, I'll be leaving tomorrow. It's been an incredible experience.
I mean, I love Brazil. I would love to be a part of it there. But who knows what will be in four years.
Q. Was there any adjustment at all that you could have made against Serena today?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, obviously there are always things that you feel like you can do better. I mean, if I sat here and said there's nothing that I could do better, you know, that wouldn't be so motivating to go back on the court and keep working.
So absolutely there are things here and there that I for sure could have done better.
Q. I don't want to remind you of bed memories.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: So why are you (smiling)?
Q. You lost very badly to Davenport once 6-Love, 6-Love. What happened that
day? What is the difference today? You were injured then. What happened today? How do you explain it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I think my opponent just played extremely well. Obviously there's things that I could have done different, but she was just too quick and too powerful today.
Q. Do you think the wind was a factor because of your height on your serve?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I mean, wind is obviously there. But it's windy not just for me but for her, as well.
Q. What were you and Serena exchanging words about on the podium with the presentation? What were you saying to each other?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Did you see that the U.S. flag dropped?
Q. Yes.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I was wondering if maybe you saw it. Somebody said some people only saw a reaction, didn't know.
Q. We saw the reaction, but not the actual fall.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, we were discussing that. Little issue. Minor details.
Q. You've obviously seen all the great players. Was Serena marginally better, dramatically better than you've seen her before?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I mean, she was not making many mistakes, not giving me many opportunities. She served extremely well. You know, found the spots all around, and pretty fast, as well. You know, she returned well. She stays really low, hits the ball really hard.
She's an extremely powerful player. So that makes it, you know, a little more difficult.
Q. When you're in that situation where you're really dominating an opponent, is there something to be said about the focus that that requires as well? Do you have to focus just as hard on every point as you would in a tight match?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, of course. I mean, it's not just within the match, it's also keeping that level throughout a tournament and then going into another and keeping that same level. I think that was something that was so impressive about what Novak did last year.
I mean, it's one thing to play great tennis at an event, play seven matches. But to mentally and physically get up in the morning and repeat that and do that over again, you know, it's one of the things that I think every athlete wants to have a feeling of confidence, but it's to carry that feeling and to have that desire and motivation. Every single day you're put in certain situations, you can be down, you can be up, things can turn, it's the game of tennis. That was something that was so impressive we saw with Novak.
I think in terms of what Serena has done, she's taken the confidence. She had a few tight matches at Wimbledon. You know, she pulled through and I think she gained that confidence and came here and was on fire.
Q. Do you think she was really trying to give you 6-Love, 6-Love? What was your impression, what were you thinking when you made that game? You pumped up a little bit, showing the fist. Were you hoping to have a major change?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, I had a couple of breakpoints at 3-1. If I had gotten one of them, who knows. Back on serve.
But, I mean, she hit two big first serves. I made the return, she hit a winner on both of my returns. There's not much I could do with those breakpoints.
Q. The other part of the question?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think you can ask her probably.
FastScripts by ASAP Sports

Thats my girl... always gracious. Both in her victories and her defeats!

DAVAI MASHA AND CONGRATULATIONS!

1 user thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
deadchip on 8/5/2012(UTC)
Imnumber2
#294 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 10:39:28 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

deadchip;318182 wrote:

quote=Valkyre;318147]

deadchip;318143 wrote:
And by the way I read a blog by Peter Bodo that just trashed Maria. It was cheap and petty.Thought you guys would like to see it. Man, he sucks ass!!

http://espn.go.com/tenni...ova-patriotism-authentic
No my firend Brebis you shouldnt do that. You say this guy trashed Maria and writes a pathetic articles that sucks ass, and you advertise him? No. The correct thing to do is inform people NOT to give this guy and HITS at all. That is what this guy makes money off... people giving him hits and clicks. Biased journalism should die and that Pete Bodo is one biased bastard of a "journalist"... I know him and I never read his articles anymore...

He is so pathetic that he trashes players even when they win. When Djoker was raping Nadal and Federer, he was just trashing Nole .... unbelievable really. He never gave him credit. He is in love with Nadal and Serena and a bit Federer. Everyone else is garbage to him. NEVER READ THIS BASTARDS ARTICLES.

[/quote]

After the marathon match, I don't expect Roger Federer to win. too bad though!! :(

And I don't expect to see Maria in Montreal either!!! :( 

I so want to see her there!! :(

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Brebis
#317 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 2:43:06 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I'll expect Maria to fly to Montreal, she has points to defend . The hard truth is that the holiday is over, back to business.
alexandreka
#306 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 3:46:13 PM(UTC)
alexandreka

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 32 post(s)

paul_pipkin;318174 wrote:

Brebis;318161 wrote:

You'll never know when a top player dopes until maybe, years later--like Agassi when it no longer matters. Forget "testing", drug tech, masking concoctions. Here's the deal: research it for yourselves:

The "World Anti-Doping Agency" (WADA) is totally compromised through its entanglements with the Roche phramacorps. (Patented compounds owned by Roche almost never return a false positive, hunh? You can ruin your career by using cold mediciner other than the "preferred".)

Simple: the athete's sponsors cut their deal with the Roche boardroom & Roche tells WADA what and what NOT to find. End of story. 

Europeans really oughta look around at some little facist principalities like Flanders that actually allow this corrupt enterprise to constitute itself as a damned court. Speaks loudly of the need to bring down the entire rotten plutocracy.

Look at the "Tour de France", many, many bikers are cleaarly doping, it's not in the human being to bike up to 55km/h... And even in the Olympics in Halterophilie, I don't know how to say in english (actually, I'm french), it's when you carry a stick very heavy... So I saw that one guy from Taiwan has been doping, and he's been disqualifed. But you're totally right, when you say that the drugs become better and better, I hope for Serena that she's not doping... but that's a lttle weird actually, at 31 y.o. to win against Masha so easily...

I hope Maria'll win in Toronto ! She's only at a hundred points of Azarenka !!

DAVAI MARIA !!

Dartagnan
#307 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 6:11:32 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

alexandreka;318194 wrote:

paul_pipkin;318174 wrote:

Brebis;318161 wrote:

Look at the "Tour de France", many, many bikers are cleaarly doping, it's not in the human being to bike up to 55km/h... And even in the Olympics in Halterophilie, I don't know how to say in english (actually, I'm french), it's when you carry a stick very heavy... So I saw that one guy from Taiwan has been doping, and he's been disqualifed. But you're totally right, when you say that the drugs become better and better, I hope for Serena that she's not doping... but that's a little weird actually, at 31 y.o. to win against Masha so easily...

I hope Maria'll win in Toronto ! She's only at a hundred points of Azarenka !!

DAVAI MARIA !!

Yes, that is because she won so easily Maria Sharapova at an old age for tennis player that nobody believes in her performance. Serena will have it on her conscience. We don't have to worry about it. 

Maria Sharapova's tennis career continues. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#308 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 6:30:29 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Azarenka, Mirnyi claim mixed gold for Belarus

AP - Sunday, August 5, 2012

WIMBLEDON, England (AP)—Andy Murray will have to settle for one Olympic gold medal.

Murray and Laura Robson of Britain lost to Victoria Azarenka and Max Mirnyi of Belarus 2-6, 6-3, 10-8 Sunday in the mixed doubles final at Wimbledon.

Earlier, Murray won the gold medal in singles by defeating Roger Federer in straight sets.

http://tennis.com/articl...cleid=19086&zoneid=4

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#309 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 6:41:42 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Serena and Venus 'have more to give'

Ticker - Sunday, August 5, 2012

After becoming the first players in history to win four Olympic gold medals when they beat Czechs Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka in the women’s doubles final today, Serena and Venus Williams say that they aren’t done yet. Serena became the first woman in history to win the career Golden Slam — all four majors and the Olympics — in both singles and doubles.

"Lately I've just been focused only on tennis, nothing else, no distractions, no life," said the 30-year-old Serena. "My life is practice in the morning, training in the afternoon. Wake up to practice in the morning, training. I've definitely been spending a lot more time on the tennis court. I have a nothing-to-lose attitude."

Dartagnan: Every pro tennis player who reached the top level do the same work so it is not exceptional to focuse on tennis, do nothing else, have no distraction, practice everyday. It is the life of many top level tennis players. It is nothing special. I hope they will not use too much drugs when they will be older to win new tournaments. An old person can't have a better performance than a younger in sport.  It is the law of life. Only medecines can increase your performance at an old age.  

The 31-year-old Venus added: "Knowing that we have so much more to give, that we have great tennis in our racquets, is so motivating.  We want to be able to, when we're done, to look back and say we gave everything. That's important to us."

A comment of an European

I am from Europe and I recently talked to the american student association where there were 80 students present... when I talked about that how Serena won the gold with complete domination and how the Williams sisters won the gold... almost all these american students said they(Williams Sisters) are a disgrace for their country. These people are aged between 20 to 24. I don't understand what in the world they have been taught in their media in USA about the Williams sisters.... this is a pitiful scene to watch. The greatest players or the living legends who are alive is not appropriately honored in their own soil. Some of those students also said that Serena and Venus shouldn't have been qualified to play Olympics...

Talking with native americans who are for a one semester exchange in europe and all in university and having this anti-Williams beliefs in their heads---- I am very startled. I know this is just 80 students but then I wonder how many more like these are out their in the USA.

http://tennis.com/articl...leid=19087&zoneid=25

If many young people doesn't like the williams sisters in the USA, their own country that means something is wrong with them. 

saggittarian
#318 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 7:05:28 PM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

I am very happy that Maria is happy with her silver medal. As she herself said in the interview, to win a silver in her first Olympics is a great achievement and the fact she was also the flag bearer was a bonus. A medal is a medal.

Despite the windy conditions, she tried her best against Serena, who has been playing exceptional tennis since Wimbledon. She is too powerful for most of the players. I will not dwell on why this is so but I do agree with Valkyre that her physique has changed dramatically over the last few years. Maybe she has been physically pumping herself up to build those muscles. 

Maria is already on her way to Montreal according to her interview. Hope she has recovered well having played every single day at such high levels. Hopefully she will have a few days' rest.

1 user thanked saggittarian for this useful post.
alexandreka on 8/6/2012(UTC)
katmilr
#316 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 12:15:56 AM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)

Valkyre;318179 wrote:

so proud of her. she has a great attitude. ulinke some of her fans.

bravo, maria!! hope you take the us open too and get some more silverware :) 

katmilr
#312 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 12:32:37 AM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)

Valkyre;318163 wrote:
Maria's Russian interview after the match! fcourse I cant understand what she is saying but I post it because I havent heard her speak russian for so long and I love it when she speaks it! :D

http://www.1tv.ru/news/sport/212762

thanks! i need to brush up on my russian :P

bravo Maria :) 

Alireza
#319 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 2:33:25 AM(UTC)
Alireza

Was thanked: 965 time(s) in 508 post(s)
Well done Maria!

We believe that you will win US Open!

Go Go Maria
Persian Gulf FOREVER -Arabs can not change the history, they can't cheat-
paul_pipkin
#224 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 9:29:42 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

paul_pipkin;318052 wrote:

Off-topic: Here is an attention grabber: Russian Bronze gymnast Aliya Mustafina. Warched her performance on Eurosport.

Aliya then took Silver for the team & GOLD for the uneven bars. She goes home with the set

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 8/6/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#225 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 9:54:55 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russia wins fifth gold in Gymnastics

Российская гимнастка Алия Мустафина олимпийские игры лондон-2012

Alia Mustafina’s brilliant performance in Gymnastics brought fifth gold medal to Russia’s overall medal count. Mustafina's almost perfect routine in uneven bars gave her a score of 16.133 putting her ahead of the competition.

The 2008 champion He Kexin from China took silver with 15.933. British gymnast Beth Tweddle claimed Olympic bronze with 16.133. American gymnast Gabrielle Douglas finished last with a score of 14.900.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2...ifth-gold-in-Gymnastics/

robb
#320 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 12:42:34 PM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Alireza;318219 wrote:
Well done Maria!

We believe that you will win US Open!

Go Go Maria

Not if its windy. And not if she comes up against she-man. Fact is I thought the final was an utter humiliation. Ok, she has pretty much done the same to azarenka and wozza, but I though maria would at least make a fight of it. At one point she-man had served more aces than maria had won POINTS! TIME FOR A RE-THINK ON HOW TO PLAY HER, BECAUSE SHE ISN'T GOING TO GO AWAY. Overall a good year, but maria has failed in 3 out of 4 big finals in the past 12 months. Her serve is a big problem when conditions are'nt JUST right for her, and her game still involves basically hitting the ball harder than the other player. Simply, that ain't gonna work against she-man or some of the others like azarenka who can blast it back too.......

southpawdragon
#323 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 3:30:37 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Even though Maria lost in the Olympics. She did well in getting there and earned the silver. I'm sure Maria's battle with Serena will just make Maria a better tennis player in the long run. And Congrats to Serena for overcoming a lot of physical illness, blot clot... to win the Wimbledon and the Olympics