logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
YURI&MARIA= LOVE FOR EVER
Dartagnan
#23 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 9:44:32 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

A poem about "my grand mother"

sorry it is in russian: http://www.youtube.com/w...Lngs&feature=related 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 4/20/2012(UTC)
MiniMasha12
#24 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:17:33 PM(UTC)
MiniMasha12

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Love the pics!
1 user thanked MiniMasha12 for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 4/19/2012(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER
#25 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 10:25:30 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
Very nice and touching, my friend...one can feel that so unique "Russian spirit"...thx...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 4/20/2012(UTC)
MiniMasha12
#26 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 11:59:26 AM(UTC)
MiniMasha12

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I like that. "Russian Spirit"
1 user thanked MiniMasha12 for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 4/20/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#27 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2012 8:02:57 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

I guess Maria always prays to God for her parents' happiness that is why God gives her happiness. 

Originally Posted by: MiniMasha12 Go to Quoted Post
I like that. "Russian Spirit"

'Spoiled' Sharapova wants to be like mom

Ticker - Saturday, June 2, 2012

Maria Sharapova has been traveling with her mother Yelena  in Europe since she arrived just before the tournament in Stuttgart around April 20. Sharapova says that while she misses home in the U.S. having her mother around makes a big difference. Her father and part time coach Yuri is at their home in Florida watching her dog. She says that her mother still does her laundry.

"I am so spoiled," Sharapova said with a laugh. "She is the best mom ‑‑ oh, if I was only 1% of the mom that she is.  But I'm really lucky. She's just such a nice influence in my life, so calm, could care less. Of course she cares how I do in tennis and life, but her perspective on things and just in general is really nice to have... We talk about everything and anything. Business, life, friends."

http://tennis.com/articl...leid=18009&zoneid=25

Sometimes it is important to remember the best moment of our life because we only live once on the earth. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Alireza on 6/6/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#28 Posted : Sunday, June 03, 2012 8:41:08 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Мария Шарапова: «Папа не умеет писать сообщения»

Теги Мария Шарапова Юрий Шарапов

Мария Шарапова (2), вышедшая в четвертый круг «Ролан Гаррос», рассказала о телефонном общении со своим отцом Юрием.

«Он не умеет писать сообщения. С ним это бесполезно. Половина слов по-русски, вторая – по-английски, ничего не понять. Так что я просто прошу его позвонить мне. И пытаться поговорить с ним по скайпу – это тоже кошмар, он даже не знает, как ответить. Это ужасно. Но я все же разговариваю с ним каждый день. Хотя бы для того, чтобы убедиться, что моя собака еще жива», – приводит слова Шараповой журналист International Herald Tribune Кристофер Клэри.

http://www.sports.ru/tennis/141162329.html

A summary of a recent interview of Masha at the journal _ International Herald Tribune

MARIA SHARAPOVA : " MY DAD DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO WRITE A MESSAGE "

Maria Sharapova told us that her Dad, Yuri Sharapov doesn't know how to write a message on internet to her. 

Dartagnan: Yes Yuri Sharapov doesn't know how to write a message on internet but he found the way to send Masha to one of the best tennis academy in the USA. 

On internet Yuri writes half the message in russian and the other half in english that is why Masha tells him to call her. She told us that her Dad doesn't know how to use skype. Masha told us that she calls him everyday to check if her Dog is still alive at home. 

Dartagnan: Don't worry about your Dog Masha !!! As your Dad loves you, your dog is saved. 

REMEMBER MASHA YOUR DAD LOVES YOU MORE THAN ANYONE ON THIS PLANET. 

YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN HIM, HE SHOULD BE YOUR SWEET HEART. 

YURI SHARAPOV IS A HERO&A CLEVER PERSON

When Sharapova was two, her family moved to Sochi. There her father befriended Aleksandr Kafelnikov, whose son Yevgeny would go on to win two Grand Slam singles titles and became Russia's first no. 1 world-ranked tennis player. Aleksandr gave Sharapova her first tennis racket at the age of four, whereupon she began practicing regularly with her father at a local park. She took her first tennis lessons with veteran Russian coach Yuri Yutkin, who was instantly impressed when he saw her play, noting her "exceptional hand-eye coordination."

At the age of seven, Sharapova attended a tennis clinic in Moscow run by Martina Navratilova, who recommended professional training at the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Florida, which had previously trained players such as Andre AgassiMonica Seles, and Anna KournikovaWith money tight, Yuri was forced to borrow the sum that would allow him and his daughter, neither of whom could speak English, to travel to United States, which they finally did in 1994. Visa restrictions prevented Sharapova's mother from joining them for two years. Arriving in Florida with savings of US$700, Sharapova's father took various low-paying jobs, including dish-washing, to fund her lessons until she was old enough to be admitted to the academy. In 1995, she was signed by IMG, who agreed to pay the annual tuition fee of $35,000 for Sharapova to stay at the academy, allowing her to finally enroll at the age of 9.

Alireza on 6/6/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#29 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 8:00:06 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Мария Шарапова: «Я позвонила папе, а он мне: «Я тут на велосипеде, так что перезвоню»

Теги Ролан Гаррос WTA Мария Шарапова Юрий Шарапов

Мария Шарапова, победившая в субботу на «Ролан Гаррос», на послематчевой пресс-конференции рассказала о своих ближайших планах.

«Я только что говорила по телефону с мамой... А, нет. Вообще, у нас с тренером сейчас дебаты по поводу того, сколько у меня теперь выходных. Я за четыре, а он за три. Ну как обычно. (Улыбается.)

Так вот мама сказала, чтобы я хорошо отдохнула в эти четыре дня. А я ей: нет, мам, наверное, у меня будет всего три. Она ответила, что, сколько бы ни было, чтобы я хорошо их провела, а потом вернулась к работе. Такая уж в моей семье философия. Потом я позвонила папе, он сказал: «Молодец. Я тут на велосипеде, так что перезвоню попозже». Я: ну ладно... Такая вот прекрасная семейная поддержка. Просто ветер в спину. Нет, вообще, он был очень рад. Но на велосипеде. (Смех.)

Короче, теперь я отдохну три или четыре дня, а потом – на траву. Я люблю траву, жду, когда ступлю на нее и начну готовиться к «Уимблдону», – цитирует Шарапову официальный сайт «Ролан Гаррос».

http://www.sports.ru/tennis/141319089.html

MARIA SHARAPOVA CALLS HER DAD TO ANNOUNCE HIM HER VICTORY AT ROLAND GARROS BUT YURI TELLS HER THAT HE WILL RECALL HER BECAUSE HE IS RIDING HIS BIKE.

ANYWAY YURI WAS VERY HAPPY ABOUT MASHA'S VICTORY AS HE LOVES HER A LOT. 

YURI SHARAPOV IS A SPORT PERSON. HE USED TO PRACTICE A LOT OF DIFFERENT SPORTS. 

Dartagnan
#30 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 12:14:48 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Alireza on 6/11/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#31 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 6:47:12 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Traveling companion: Maria Sharapova arrived at LAX today with her dog Dolce

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

Nogai
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:45:47 PM(UTC)
Nogai

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Indian Wells 2003: Maria and Yuri - Indian Wells 2003

With Yelena:

Maria and Yelena Sharapova - Indian Wells 2003

1 user thanked Nogai for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 9/27/2012(UTC)
Nogai
#33 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 5:22:21 PM(UTC)
Nogai

Yelena - Maria - Yuri

Dartagnan on 10/4/2012(UTC)
Nogai
#34 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:28:16 PM(UTC)
Nogai

Wimbledon 2003:

Maria and Yuri

Maria and Yuri

Dartagnan on 10/4/2012(UTC)
Dartagnan
#35 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:08:38 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

'Masha and Yury were like one body, they were so close to each other.' 

This is 'Maria baby' at her parents' flat 

Maria Sharapova admits Siberia gives her 'goosebumps'

By The Siberian Times reporter

27 July 2012

The Russian number one admits to feeling pride when tournament announcers say she hails from the remote oil town of Nyagan.

Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova at her parents flat in Nyagan, Siberia. Picture: The Siberian Times

The basic outline of Maria's story is by now well-known. By the age of seven, her father took her first from Nyagan to Sochi and then from the Black Sea to the  US making untold sacrifices in the family's life (her mother remained initially in Russia) to realise the dream of tennis stardom. 

In Nyagan, which  had no tennis courts, she was anyway too young to start the sport. Yet an intriguing question emerges, as we show below, over whether it was here, while she was still in nappies and indeed before she could walk, that a plan was made for her to become a tennis star.

One of the most interesting aspects of her recent revelations about Nyagan is that she admits to sometimes reflecting what might have been had her ambitious father Yury not propelled her in tennis. 

'I have no idea who I would be now, what I would be doing,' said Maria 'Probably, I'd have had a much more normal lifestyle, graduated from school and be working somewhere.'

Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova, pictured after her move to America, with her first awards on display. Picture: The Siberian Times

Back in her proud Siberian birthplace there are people who still recall her, and they have a fascinating story. 

Larisa Chushkina, 64, was a close friend of the star's grandparents Tamara and Pyotr with whom her newly-wed parents Elena and Yury lived when Maria - known to her Russian friends as Masha - was born at Maternity Hospital Number One on 19 April 1987.   She weighed in at 2.4 kilos and was 47 cm tall. 

'We lived in the same block but met picking mushrooms and soon became very good friends,' she recalled. 

'Tamara and Pyotr had moved to Nyagan from Gomel in 1984, and Elena came a little later after finishing her school in Belarus. 

'Elena was a good dancer and also taught dancing at School number three, free of change after-class lessons. I liked Elena very much. 

'I remember her when she was so young, just 18, very slim and beautiful,  shy and modest. She was charming. 

'Once her parents were away somewhere and she came to celebrate New Year's Eve with us. She was like my second daughter, I remember she was sitting at the table with us and looked like a part of our family. '

'My own daughter Masha liked her very much too. Though Elena was nine year older, Masha played with her and I saw them dancing together. Maybe Elena called her baby daughter after my Masha?'

Whether or not this is true, Larisa has a good and revealing memory of Maria's earliest days. 'A year before the Chernobyl disaster, Elena went to Gomel to stay with her grandparents - Tamara's parents - and it was there where she met her future husband Yury. 

'Soon afterwards, I think it was autumn 1985 - Yury came to Nyagan to meet his future relatives - and by then they already wanted to marry. 

'When the Chernobyl explosion came, in 1986, as I recall they were both again in Gomel, which was badly hit by the radiation. 

'I remember they told me that exactly on that day they were walking outside with their friends and those poisoned clouds were just over their heads but of course no-one had explained the danger. 

Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova, year 1991, with mother Elena, second left, grandmother, first from the right, and a female relative in Sochi, Russia. 
Picture: The Siberian Times

'Their wedding took place in Gomel, and I remember Tamara and Pyotr went there and then came back, I think it was summer of 1986. 

'I remember Tamara came to me to let me see her dress for the wedding so I could approve of it. 

'It was already agreed that young family would live in Nyagan, with Elena's parents. 

'Tamara had two rooms in her flat and the smaller one was given to Elena and Yury. It was also the warmest room in the flat.'

Very soon after Maria was born, according to Tamara, Yury was openly speaking about turning her into a tennis star. 

'I knew by then that Yury was a fan of tennis. There were - and still are - no tennis courts in Nyagan, so Yury stayed fit instead with cross-country skiing. 

'I often saw him with his skis walking to the forest. From what Tamara told me, I know that he said: 'My Masha will be a tennis star one day. 

'I'll do my best to bring her up and teach her tennis. And she'll never go to a Soviet school. She will study and live in a different country'. 

I don't think any of us took it seriously then, but how right he was. 

'Yury looked very strict and serious, he was not talkative, always deep in his thoughts.  He stayed in Nyagan less than a year, and as soon as Masha was born in 1987, he began plotting their move to Sochi - he was already planning Masha's bright future.'

Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova, aged one, with her grandmother in Siberia. Picture: The Siberian Times

At the time Sochi with its mild climate beside the Black Sea was the best place in the Soviet Union for the sport. 

'He often travelled between Nyagan and Sochi in 1987 and finally arranged a flat for them there,' said Larisa.

'So Yury and Elena stayed in Nyagan for about two years, maybe less than that, and moved away. '

Before they left to Sochi, babushka Tamara would often care for the baby.

'I saw Masha sleeping in her push-chair. She was so tiny, so sweet,' recalled Larisa. 

'Could I ever imagine that one day I'll be giving interviews about this little girl? Certainly not.'

Maria's connection to Siberia continued shortly before she left for America when she came to stay with her grandparents, then still living in Nyagan.

'She was seven, blue-eyed, blond and slim, very attractive. I noticed that she was a bit like her mother and and also took after her father, lucky parents, though looking at her today, I don't know where she gets her height from - she is much taller than her parents. 

'Mind you, Tamara worried for Masha very much. I remember her saying: 'Each time I call Sochi, Lena says: 'Masha is on the court with her dad, training'.'

The routine seemed relentless. As indeed it was. Despite being close, Larisa lost touch with Maria's grandparents and it was only when she began making a name for herself at Wimbedon many years later 'that i realised that this Maria Sharapova was our Masha, my neighbours' granddaughter.

'I know how he and Elena made such sacrifices for Masha to make progress. I can see that her success is their success as it is hers.'

It is certainly something Maria seems happy with today. After her fourth Grand Slam victory in Paris, following on from Wimbledon in 2004, the U.S. in 2006 and Australia in 2008, in her victory speech she had a message for her parents in Russian: "I love you very much".

Another family friend, Anna Gochyan, 47, confirms the story about Yury's extraordinarily early decision on grooming Maria for tennis.

'She was 11, and she was living according to a very strict schedule. She got up early, she had training twice a day, and she went to bed also very early, at 9 pm,' she said. 

'Masha and Yury were like one body, they were so close to each other. She was an unusual child. She was perfectly brought up, behaving very well, always polite and quiet, never demanding anything or crying. 

'I think it's again thanks to that perfect life schedule composed by her dad. Healthy food, healthy sleeping, physical training - all this led to perfect health condition and good height, I think. Well, today our kids eat what they want and do what they want. But they will never win Wimbledon and other such titles.'

Nyagan, where Maria Sharapova was born, was originally a small wood cutting settlement, only established in 1965. It later became an important energy hub, with the establishment of the Red Lenin Oil and Gas in Soviet times. Today the oil resources are part of the TNK empire. 

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
PodgeMcQ on 12/26/2012(UTC), HaShomer 2 on 12/26/2012(UTC)
HaShomer 2
#36 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:33:30 PM(UTC)
HaShomer 2

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)

Dartagnan

Just looking at the pictures that you shared, it is obvious that Maria's beauty is more than skin deep.  Her inner and outer beauty is truly a matter of the HEART.  The pictures and information that you posted on Maria are EXCELLENT.  I, as I am sure others, really appreciate the amount of time and effort you put into bringing us great posts on Maria, tennis, and current events in general. You are truly a remarkable person for doing so.  Take Care!

HaShomer 2

2 users thanked HaShomer 2 for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 12/26/2012(UTC), jesuschrist on 1/3/2013(UTC)
jesuschrist
#37 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:18:56 AM(UTC)
jesuschrist

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Masha and Djokovic look like great friends, indeed!
If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar.
Dartagnan
#38 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 7:26:52 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Maria Sharapova

Look who I have working on his birthday! Because we all know I can't do that!

Dartagnan: I think only an orphan can understand the real happiness of having a Dad who is always near you and who wants to help you. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YURI !!!!!

CROUCHING TIGER on 2/5/2013(UTC)
carlosdi2
#5 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 11:17:16 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post
por eso es que maria sharapova es la # 1

Yuri was on the court to give the best advice for the victory of Masha. He was checking each shot each movement.  Result: Masha won several Grand Slams. 

MASHA

masha

raf72
#39 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:31:00 AM(UTC)
raf72

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 70 post(s)
...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YURY!!!!

Maria's parents: two fantastic persons!!! ....I LOVE YOU, MARIA!!!!
1 user thanked raf72 for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 2/10/2013(UTC)