logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<89101112>»
US OPEN 2011 (29 August - 11 September)
CROUCHING TIGER
#184 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 5:22:41 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Masha is just a human then? No robot? Well no, like everybody she can't go on and it all. That's rather

a releave to me. Don't understand all that cryin' about a girl u all should give a big applause!! What

a COME-BACKYEAR...semi-finalist in France an even finalist at Wimbly!! Hey, i think a lot of women would

give a hand for such results(Rome & Cincy). Masha is tired and that was obvious yesterday, even her trainer

saw that, 'cos i've never saw the man that "excited"(for a Scandinavian that is; Rodriguez would've turned

his back on Henin). Still she kept fighting 'cos that's what makes her so unique...SHE NEVER QUITS...NEVER!!

That's what i admire in her. In her interview can read she knew she problably would loose, but where others

bow their head she came back to 44 in that last set...RESPECT!!! So don't worry too much, others are coming like

those MASTERS(still number 1 i guess). HONOR THIS WOMAN in her great tennisyear; 'cos i dunno much who did what

she did an so important THE WAY she did it. The SIBERIAN TIGRESS they call her...i agree 100%

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Philli
#185 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 6:59:33 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Mushi, for your info, I've been a member of this Forum since 2006, it's just that when they started this new format, they began counting from Day one of it.

Looking at a lot of members I see that they are Maria Fans for: (1) She's good looking, (2) She's good looking, (3) She's good looking and (4) Oh I think she plays Tennis as well...whatever that is!. Get my drift?

I've been trying, for 6 years, to 'educate' fans into realising that reasons 1,2 and 3, do not mean that she is the greatest Tennis player in the world. When I hear 'My God, she Lost', or 'How Could this happen', or 'It's ruined my week' or 'I've lost interest in watching any more matches now', I just shake my head in despair.

Maria is not a bad Tennis player but she has limitations...a lot of them. She doesn't like back to back tournaments, she likes 2 or 3 weeks off between tournaments, She likes to play ONLY about 10 Tournaments a year.

Things have changed in the WTA now. They have a thing called a Roadmap which means Top Ten players are required to play all Mandatory Tournaments or produce a Docs Certificate...and be subject to an independent exam by a WTA doctor, if necessary. Simply saying 'I feel fatigued' as Maria is known for doing, doesn't cut it anymore. So now, her Top Ten ranking requires she makes a lot more appearences on the Tour. Good for Fans but a real strain on her. As I said at the beginning of the week, Her USO problems began in Cincy because she had to play 5 matches, four of them on consecutive days. Then...the Hammer match against Heather took too much out of her.... just the kind of match she didn't need, despite her BS about it being just the opposite.

In yesterdays match, as well as not having a Plan B., she didn't even have a Plan A. She just went out there slogging, and when it got tough, she slogged harder. She was too tired to Shriek a lot of the times, usually just 'yapping' like a Jack Russel terrier.

She has three weeks off now until Japan, so she should be in good shape by then. But watch out, that's a tough Tournament too.
Nazar
#188 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 8:25:55 AM(UTC)
Nazar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)

True fans always believe in Maria,doesnt matter if she loses or wins,She will get back to winning way 100%

^ as to you , Philli,we all know your  sarcastic,ironic and negative attitude to Maria,so your comments come as no surprise...

"Optimists find good things"-Robert De Niro
Valkyre
#186 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 8:27:55 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

Philli;310492 wrote:
Mushi, for your info, I've been a member of this Forum since 2006, it's just that when they started this new format, they began counting from Day one of it.

Looking at a lot of members I see that they are Maria Fans for: (1) She's good looking, (2) She's good looking, (3) She's good looking and (4) Oh I think she plays Tennis as well...whatever that is!. Get my drift?

I've been trying, for 6 years, to 'educate' fans into realising that reasons 1,2 and 3, do not mean that she is the greatest Tennis player in the world. When I hear 'My God, she Lost', or 'How Could this happen', or 'It's ruined my week' or 'I've lost interest in watching any more matches now', I just shake my head in despair.

Maria is not a bad Tennis player but she has limitations...a lot of them. She doesn't like back to back tournaments, she likes 2 or 3 weeks off between tournaments, She likes to play ONLY about 10 Tournaments a year.

Things have changed in the WTA now. They have a thing called a Roadmap which means Top Ten players are required to play all Mandatory Tournaments or produce a Docs Certificate...and be subject to an independent exam by a WTA doctor, if necessary. Simply saying 'I feel fatigued' as Maria is known for doing, doesn't cut it anymore. So now, her Top Ten ranking requires she makes a lot more appearences on the Tour. Good for Fans but a real strain on her. As I said at the beginning of the week, Her USO problems began in Cincy because she had to play 5 matches, four of them on consecutive days. Then...the Hammer match against Heather took too much out of her.... just the kind of match she didn't need, despite her BS about it being just the opposite.

In yesterdays match, as well as not having a Plan B., she didn't even have a Plan A. She just went out there slogging, and when it got tough, she slogged harder. She was too tired to Shriek a lot of the times, usually just 'yapping' like a Jack Russel terrier.

She has three weeks off now until Japan, so she should be in good shape by then. But watch out, that's a tough Tournament too.

First of all congratulations for your first constructive post that I have ever read. And no I am not ironic. Finally I see a post from you that is pretty down to earth with some valid points and not trying to irritate everyone in here.

Let me start my reply by saying that whoever believes Maria is the greatest player in tennis because she is good looking is clearly delusional and I dont believe there are a lot of people in this forum who think that way, at least I hope so. Maria is not the greatest tennis player ever, the numbers are not lying, no one should deny that. And I believe she, herself knows that. She is simply trying to become better at what she does. There was a period when Maria was on top of her league (not all time greatest but the greatest of her time) and that was 2008 where her game was dominating. Then came the injury that might not sound too grave, but for a tennis player it is one of the worst ones.

That messed her up there is no doubt about it, not so much physically, but more so mentally. Maria had trouble trusting her once mighty serve and she never felt as comfortable with it as she used too. But she has improved lots since that day, she improved different areas of her game to compensate. But still her inconsistency is holding her back. My point being is that recent limitations from Maria come because of a tough combination of things that happened. Could she have handled them better? Yeah, sure I believe so, I am not saying Maria has done everything right. But at least she seems to be on the right track. She is number 4 in the world...that is not because of luck...it is because of hard work. She could have been no1? Maybe yeah sure, but she could also be no20, or no50...

I will not agree on her physical condition. Maria is not physically fatigued she is more mentally fatigued. And she has hinted at that way too many times in her interviews. The message is never clear, but it is there. She needs time indeed, but not because she cant take it physically, more so than mentally. Maria played 3 straight 3 setters, 2 of them against top players like Vera and Jelena. She didnt look any more tired than they did. In fact she looked in better shape than them. Maybe I am wrong about this, but I do believe her shape is just fine.

As for yesterdays match I expressed my opinion. And my opinion was that Maria was simply all over the place. A sloppy performance with a very high number of UEs that simply killed herself. And I believe it was pretty obvious after a point that she couldnt handle it mentally, when things went wrong and she didnt feel good with her game she made even more mistakes. She actually said so herself in her post match interview. "I never felt good at any point about my game yesterday", she knows she had a bad day and she knows she needs to improve. And she gives credit where it is due, she applauded Penetta for executing her plan perfectly. Maria is not in denial.

Finally, as to why some people are fans of Maria, I guess its different for everyone. Yes lots of people just support her because she is beautiful. As far as myself I have said already what made me fall in love with her game. And that is her "spunk", the fact that she seems to never give up. The fact that she can be 0-5 behind and turn the game around and win in the tie break. I love that characteristic in an athlete. And I admire her for that, and if you want the reason why it matters so much to me, let me say that it is because it is a quality I lack as a semi pro athlete (I'm playing basketball). When things are going bad, I lose my belief and my concentration. Maria seems to excel at these conditions. She could be playing the worst tennis you ever watched...but God damnit she is going to fight every single minute she is out there. I love that, I admire that, I support that. And yeah I am not going to deny it, she gets some extra points for showing that being pretty and beautiful is not all you have to do when you are a female. Maria is not another Kournikova, she is not just her to model or just be the pretty lady of tennis. Other girls would have just said that "being pretty is all I need". Well Maria doesnt want to be labeled as such.

In hope that we can continue like this.

2 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
PodgeMcQ on 9/3/2011(UTC), Trih on 9/3/2011(UTC)
Nazar
#189 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 8:48:33 AM(UTC)
Nazar

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)

^ Many thanks!!! Very good post!!! Agree with you totally! Maria is great person,really professional athlete,that s how i see her and that s why i love her, I m shure most of us here feel and think the same

"Optimists find good things"-Robert De Niro
paul_pipkin
#174 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 9:14:01 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 1239 post(s)

Ruyman_Mashalover;310464 wrote:
With all my respect to Dementieva, we shoul call her Maria Dementieva from now on (actually from 2009 on).

Interesting you mention that, Ruyman. Indeed, the Yankee commentariat have started to poise the Dementieva equation. 

I got no problem with this.  

Superficially, of course, they would claim to be addressing the service "yips" (I don't think Masha's issue is yips, but whatever.) For Elena, this was a chronic problem stemming from injury at the Sydney Olympics--in Elena's case, they would never admit to that.

In fact, their comparison is more related to the real reason the mouthpieces denigrated the Olympic Champion and sought to drive her from the game:

Elena's role as the de facto leader of Team Russia.

Can you dig it? 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
M-Lover
#190 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 9:18:24 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

It’s funny how people can miss golden opportunities like that. This year, the US Open is offered to Maria on a silver plate. She had a cakewalk until a potential matchup with Kvitova, her killer in London. Kvitova sent home in the first round, Maria should have no problem to reach the final where every Yankee expects her to face Serena. That’s what has been written. That would be the dream final of the season, between the best American player and the US-iconized-Russian-Florida-girl.  But the female tennis is something crazy, uncontrollable, and unpredictable.

So what happened? Why Maria is so streaky? Flavia Penneta isn’t that player who inspires fear. If the Italian reachs 4-5 rounds in a GS, it would be a great feat. Maria could’ve been beaten by the Brit teenager in the first round if Heather Watson had a little more experience.

Since her return from injury less than 3 years ago, Maria has been struggling with her serves and her ground strokes. She changed the way she used to play, because of her shoulder (that’s what she says); she changed the coaching because daddy is no more le bon coach; she gets older but more mature. 2011 should be her best year after the comeback. She won 2 major tournaments on clay and hard court; she was semifinalist at Roland Garros and runner-up at Wimbledon and gets back to the Top5. Many of us figure out Maria can’t get back to her tennis level before her shoulder injury, but she still has a big potential, big determination and she can go far. With some champions getting old and being near the retirement like Kim, Serena and Venus, Maria has a great opportunity to become the queen of tennis. She had a good hard court season, winning Cincinnati. But in NYC, the machine kind of breaks down like a used engine. When you make 60 UEs in a match, twice your winnings, and when your serve is that shaky, you hardly can pretend to the victory. She does not make UEs and DFs every time of course. But when she needs to play well, to serve well, she often fails. Regularity is her main problem right now.

I don’t know what Maria’s gonna do. I guess she’s tried everything and worked very hard. She can stay a while in the Top10 or Top5, maybe at a higher rank. Does she still want to win another GS? If she does, she has to find how to fix her DF and UE problems. And time's running out because the new generation doesn't wait.

robb
#170 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 9:45:38 AM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

MushyForMasha;310475 wrote:

Philli;310462 wrote:
Mushy, this forum is full of idiots like you who dont know shit or care about Tennis...you just fantisize over Maria and pull your plonker over her. The reason why you cant understand why she looses is because you dont track other players and see what the opposition is like in the game.

I said on Tuesday after Her game with Heather that she would be lucky to get through this week. As usual....I was right. That first 3 setter took too much out of her and hey....unlucky 13th...hows that for a coincidence.

The US Open is now just getting interesting, pity you dont know about Tennis, you might enjoy it.

Let me make sure I understand. You have 313 posts since joining 8 months ago, about 1.3 posts per day average. Call it 4 posts every 3 days. Your avatar is a picture of the subject at hand with a banana in her mouth.

I think that's what the cops would call a "person of interest."

You need to get a life, dude, you're obsessed with this woman. It's not healthy. Focus on the tennis.

Three posts from Philli since MARIA LOST.......says it all really. Philli the MARIA HATER. Why don't you go and trouble Serena's forum, if she has one?

That aside, this was a shocking result and a shocking performance. Too many DF'S and UE'S to count. And until the serve and and a Plan B is intrduced to Maria;'s game, she will continue to be outsmarted. Williams hammers the ball but has a fabulous serve. Sadly, Maria's hasn't been right since the shoulder injury.

We need a real debate on where she goes from here......

Ruyman_Mashalover
#175 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:05:39 AM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)

paul_pipkin;310496 wrote:

Ruyman_Mashalover;310464 wrote:
With all my respect to Dementieva, we shoul call her Maria Dementieva from now on (actually from 2009 on).

Interesting you mention that, Ruyman. Indeed, the Yankee commentariat have started to poise the Dementieva equation. 

I got no problem with this.  

Superficially, of course, they would claim to be addressing the service "yips" (I don't think Masha's issue is yips, but whatever.) For Elena, this was a chronic problem stemming from injury at the Sydney Olympics--in Elena's case, they would never admit to that.

In fact, their comparison is more related to the real reason the mouthpieces denigrated the Olympic Champion and sought to drive her from the game:

Elena's role as the de facto leader of Team Russia.

Can you dig it? 

I meant it above all because I think it was the serve what let Dementieva down many times but I think it did because it got into her mind. I mean, in the semis, Maria hit a double when facing match point against Li at the French Open semis, she hit two doubles in a row when serving to stay in the match yesterday and the list goes on...

And, for example, I think it was in 2010 at the French, Dementieva, Jankovic, Schiavone and Stosur. To me, Dementieva was clearly the better player but indeed it was Schiavone who won! (although Elena had to retire, but I think she was leading). Also, she beat Kuznetsova quite a few times, but when facing her in the finals of the US Open, she lost.

The comparison is because I think right now everyone feels Maria could do great things but she is the one letting her down, which, I think was Elena's story throughout her whole career. A very talented girl who perhaps, even though she fought hard, let herself down when staying strong was most needed. I hope I've explained myself well. 

Imnumber2
#191 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:53:04 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Hello folks, I think it's a good idea that you guys modify your signature and tell us why you like and support Maria. something short and sweet

Where does she go from here? Trust me that she is as disappointed as we all are but it'd probably hurt her more since she wasn't able to deliver expectations to her sponsors, Nike. Those Yankees aren't thrilled to see her exiting in the first week for sure. It's not good for their investment!

Is it a conspirecy but the US Open has been down hill for Maria ever since she dropped the cover back in 2006!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
deadchip
#192 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 11:38:43 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Great post Val btw!
I think Maria's fitness is better than ever right now actually and I believe that it is her mental side that gets fatigued. I think Maria doesn't need to hang her head from this loss, as she really put up an admirable fight and I was pretty sure she was going to pull it out when it went to 4-4 in the third. The serve is in her head on pressure points nowadays and this needs to change for her to keep competing at an elite level. She has compensated in other areas like her return and her improved movement, but when it gets tight at the end of big sets, one needs to be able to hold one's serve. I am very proud of Masha's year so far and I think she will have an excellent fall this year. I still think that her loss to Kvitova at Wimbly has affected her a bit and this could compound this, but I also think that this loss will actually motivate her and help push her to keep working hard. It seems to me that her toss is a bit different than before the surgery (a bit further to the right and a bit further forward), as she tries to protect her shoulder and that that is the root cause of all the inconsistency. I don't think that she can go back to the old toss without risking her shoulder, so she will keep going trying to adjust to this. I find that the UE's usually start to pileup after the DF's start, as this rattles her. Anyhow, I think I've expounded enough. Like I said I'm still very proud of her year so far and there is some really good opportunity to pick up lots of ranking points in the next few months, right thru Doha next year. A year ago, I think we would all have been thrilled to think that she would be back to the top 5 at this time (where she belongs!!) and I know I am!
Davai Mashenka!!!
Masha is my #1!!
MushyForMasha
#187 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 1:46:09 PM(UTC)
MushyForMasha

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Valkyre;310494 wrote:

Finally, as to why some people are fans of Maria, I guess its different for everyone. Yes lots of people just support her because she is beautiful. As far as myself I have said already what made me fall in love with her game. And that is her "spunk", the fact that she seems to never give up. The fact that she can be 0-5 behind and turn the game around and win in the tie break. I love that characteristic in an athlete. And I admire her for that, and if you want the reason why it matters so much to me, let me say that it is because it is a quality I lack as a semi pro athlete (I'm playing basketball). When things are going bad, I lose my belief and my concentration. Maria seems to excel at these conditions. She could be playing the worst tennis you ever watched...but God damnit she is going to fight every single minute she is out there. I love that, I admire that, I support that. And yeah I am not going to deny it, she gets some extra points for showing that being pretty and beautiful is not all you have to do when you are a female. Maria is not another Kournikova, she is not just her to model or just be the pretty lady of tennis. Other girls would have just said that "being pretty is all I need". Well Maria doesnt want to be labeled as such.

Bingo, probably what I admire more than anything, she never, ever quits. She's never out of it even when she's got little of her game going. Just steely. The reason she can be such a fashion personality off the court is because she is absolutely to be taken seriously as a player.

I find her compelling, and my reasons are not open to anyone's analysis or critique or judgments. I watch her tennis, her play on the court, intensely. I watch it as tennis. Sometimes I shout "Yes, that's more like it!" Other times I throw up my hands and swear out loud. More than anything I want her to be open to tweaking her whole approach. She's too stubborn at times.

Good God no, she's not perfect. She's certainly not the best player on the circuit, although I'd say she's always deserving of top ten, the main issue being consistency. When she's on, though, that is some serious ball being played out there.

And as well she's very easy on the eyes, and heck yes, that's part of the attraction. I make no apology for that. That's just being human, it's the way of the world, looks are part of the whole package as to how we respond to people. Sorry about that. That doesn't preclude taking her tennis and women's tennis in general serious. It doesn't preclude admiring and focusing on great play, great shots, shot selection, great gets, great strategy, whatever.

There are other players I follow and will continue to follow at the U.S. and beyond. As has been true this past week, I'll also check in occasionally on other matches, if only for a few games. If I see a really tight score in a third set, I'll watch that for awhile, regardless of who's playing. (Like all of us, I do have a life, I'm not glued to the screen). And I'll watch for their style, their strengths, weaknesses (to my own considerably limited ability to analyze such things), and admire their play. But it's not quite as much fun when Sharapova's out. The NFL playoffs aren't as much fun when my team's out, but I'll still watch the Super Bowl.

Petko is the most intriguing total package to my taste, on court, off court, online (especially) and yes also because, to roughly quote Jerry Seinfeld, "she possesses many of those superficial qualities most prized by immature males." But Maria's my fave. She just is. Deal with it.

2 users thanked MushyForMasha for this useful post.
Valkyre on 9/3/2011(UTC), PodgeMcQ on 9/3/2011(UTC)
Valkyre
#193 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 2:05:13 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)
^^ excellent post my friend, very well said. Being a pretty girl is not enough , at least for most people, to support someone so close. Something else must excite you about them, something that you respect, a quality that you admire, maybe one you lack or one you share with them. That's the way it goes for most people. Maria is nor the best tennis player out there, nor the prettiest girl ever.

She is flawed, which makes her awesome to the eyes of some people!
paul_pipkin
#194 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 3:26:21 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Schedule for Day 7: Sunday, September 4 2011

Arthur Ashe Stadium  11:00 EDT AM Start Time

1. Men's Singles - 3rd Round David Nalbandian (ARG)  v. Rafael Nadal (ESP)[2] Not Before:1:30 PM
2. Men's Singles - 3rd Round Andy Roddick (USA)[21]  v. Julien Benneteau (FRA) 

Not Before:3:30 PM This match may be moved to Armstrong Stadium.
3. Women's Singles - 4th Round Maria Kirilenko (RUS)[25]  v. Samantha Stosur (AUS)[9]

Arthur Ashe Stadium  7:00 PM Start Time

1. Men's Singles - 3rd Round

Feliciano Lopez (ESP)[25]  v. Andy Murray (GBR)[4] 

2. Women's Singles - 4th Round

Sabine Lisicki (GER)[22]  v. Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[2] 

Davaiii, Russia-girlz!!! :bash: ДАВАЙ РОССЙЯ!!! 

giane
#196 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 7:58:41 PM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
i hate seeing comments at fb, twitter and tumblr.. they're all so negative..
"Boldface Name Is Added to Upset List"------> and this one!

don't they think how Maria fight for the game. their comments seems like as if Maria has been so screwed.
paul_pipkin
#195 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:22:58 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

To hell with 'em all, giane WE know what really matters. Apropos that:

I'd mentioned I thought Kirilenko/Petrova were preparing for London. After Kiri came thru to Rnd16 (with some cramping) I see that they have received a walkover from Zvonareva/Pavlyuchenko in doubles. I've no reason to believe there is anything wrong with Vera or Nastia. Team Russia takes care of its own.

paul_pipkin;310505 wrote:

Schedule for Day 7: Sunday, September 4 2011

Arthur Ashe Stadium  11:00 EDT AM Start Time

1. Men's Singles - 3rd Round David Nalbandian (ARG)  v. Rafael Nadal (ESP)[2] Not Before:1:30 PM
2. Men's Singles - 3rd Round Andy Roddick (USA)[21]  v. Julien Benneteau (FRA) 

Not Before:3:30 PM This match may be moved to Armstrong Stadium.
3. Women's Singles - 4th Round Maria Kirilenko (RUS)[25]  v. Samantha Stosur (AUS)[9]

Arthur Ashe Stadium  7:00 PM Start Time

1. Men's Singles - 3rd Round

Feliciano Lopez (ESP)[25]  v. Andy Murray (GBR)[4] 

2. Women's Singles - 4th Round

Sabine Lisicki (GER)[22]  v. Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[2] 

Davaiii, Russia-girlz!!! :bash: ДАВАЙ РОССЙЯ!!! 

M-Lover
#197 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 2:22:23 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Things are pretty clear now at the USOpen. I think I’m gonna root for Caroline. I used to criticize her super defensive game and make fun of her Slamless #1 ranking and her ridiculous nickname Pushniacki. But Caro is the player who most deserves to win this GS, just to reward her for her hard work and her 43 (exact count?) weeks as the WTA #1.

Caro will face two strong opponents in the next rounds, Kuzi and Petko. If she plays quietly her usual defensive game, she will go through without problem. Her game will make her opponents nervous and push them to the faults. In the semi she will probably meet Serena, the super favorite. Serena’s first set against Vika was really impressive. With that level of play, that power and that serve, she’s the best player in NYC. It seems like she never left the competition. However, Vika showed it’s possible to beat Serena in the second set. Caro’s been totally under the radar for awhile. No one’s chosen her as the favorite to win in NYC. Everyone’s attention is for Maria and Serena. Caro has no more pressure and can develop her game as she did yesterday against Vania King. If she can keep her consistency and returns every Serena’s balls, if she can vary a little bit her usual game with some offensive shots, if her serve isn’t bad, she can destroy Serena's game and knock her down. That’s what I’m hoping for Caroline.

The final would be much easier against Vera Zvonareva or maybe Sam Stosur. This is Caro’s best  opportunity to win a Grand Slam. If she’s a true champion, she must not miss it. 

No need to say that winning over Serena in the semi not only puts Caro in a good position to win the USO but it also gives her more credibility in the public opinion as the real number 1. One stone two birds.

CROUCHING TIGER
#199 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 5:41:45 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Damn Paul, looks like those other slams but worse. They make the girls wait until those

"fine gentleman" finished their 4-5setters. One can't call it they make 'em play in the dark

but the waitin' works in their head; they constantly must keep those muscles warm, etc...

BEPA is once again the main target of this!!

Kuzi keeps on goin', steady and easy...but ON WITH IT, just like Pavly...DAVAI TEAM RUSSIA!!!

OF TOPIC...think they gonna close ED in october; nobody there anymore???

CROUCHING TIGER
#198 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 5:44:56 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

M-Lover;310515 wrote:

Things are pretty clear now at the USOpen. I think I’m gonna root for Caroline. I used to criticize her super defensive game and make fun of her Slamless #1 ranking and her ridiculous nickname Pushniacki. But Caro is the player who most deserves to win this GS, just to reward her for her hard work and her 43 (exact count?) weeks as the WTA #1.

Caro will face two strong opponents in the next rounds, Kuzi and Petko. If she plays quietly her usual defensive game, she will go through without problem. Her game will make her opponents nervous and push them to the faults. In the semi she will probably meet Serena, the super favorite. Serena’s first set against Vika was really impressive. With that level of play, that power and that serve, she’s the best player in NYC. It seems like she never left the competition. However, Vika showed it’s possible to beat Serena in the second set. Caro’s been totally under the radar for awhile. No one’s chosen her as the favorite to win in NYC. Everyone’s attention is for Maria and Serena. Caro has no more pressure and can develop her game as she did yesterday against Vania King. If she can keep her consistency and returns every Serena’s balls, if she can vary a little bit her usual game with some offensive shots, if her serve isn’t bad, she can destroy Serena's game and knock her down. That’s what I’m hoping for Caroline.

The final would be much easier against Vera Zvonareva or maybe Sam Stosur. This is Caro’s best  opportunity to win a Grand Slam. If she’s a true champion, she must not miss it. 

No need to say that winning over Serena in the semi not only puts Caro in a good position to win the USO but it also gives her more credibility in the public opinion as the real number 1. One stone two birds.

CROUCHING TIGER
#200 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 5:49:44 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Kiddin' or what? WOZ as a US-Champion? OTOH if this your idea of "black humor" it's great...LOL