logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<34567>»
Western & Southern Open AUGUST 15 - 21, 2011 CINCINNATI OH
Valkyre
#83 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 3:12:50 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 191 post(s)

The highlights of the game which in my opinion are not representative of the level of tennis demonstrated by Maria. The highlights should have been 15 mins to showcase everything but it is only 3 mins long. Still it is better than nothing for those who didnt watch the game. I am still looking for the entire match I will keep you posted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE2dV1H2EBw

Go Maria!

Update: here is a video of Maria practicing service returns. Obviously the training paid off yesterday! Those who watched the match know what I am talking about! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8nST89a8hg

1 user thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
PodgeMcQ on 8/19/2011(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover
#84 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 5:53:39 AM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Oh, I won't be able to watch the full match, because at 5:00 p.m. I have driving lessons and the match starts at 4:00 p.m.. :(
paul_pipkin
#85 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 9:10:11 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1876 time(s) in 1246 post(s)

Western & Southern Open 2011 -- Cincinnati 

Expected starting streams:

http://www.livescorehunter.ro/streams/1/lshwta.html

http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/8/82/v-288295.html  

Streaming NOW http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/8/84/v-288563.html

FRI OOP: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/422/op.pdf  

Friday (19 August) EDT QUARTERFINALS

11:00 Stosur - Sharapova (Center) 

Just an hour until Masha

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
kenn19!
#86 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 11:25:38 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

masha wins! kim clijsters offcially out of the us open... ouch!

Valkyre
#87 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 11:33:24 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Well another awesome performance by Maria. And against Stosur who lately is playing some of her best tennis. But she seems not able to deal with Maria.

Just like we said yesterday, the match with Kuzi imporved greatly Maria's confidence in her game. She improved even more today....by improving her serve as well 80+% first serves in, add to that the amazing returns (seriously one return was out of this world...even Sam clapped) forehand winners, footwork and on top of that fighting and defending every point. If Maria keeps this performance consistent, and has this kind of returns with a serve like the old days, then she simply cannot be stopped!

This win will make her even more confident for the future and certainly make us more excited about the next matches! I will post any videos that I come up with!

Go Maria! Davai!
PodgeMcQ
#88 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 11:34:46 AM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Congrats Maria! ANother great game after absolutely dominating y'day. Returns were great, serving was VERY GOOD (over 80% of 1st serves in) and yet again you're opponent couldnt handle you're power. Next rond is either Zvonareva or Hantuchova so your next match will be a tough one but theres no doubt if you play like you did today and y'day. you'll win for sure! Congrats again and best of luck in you're next match! Dancing
saggittarian
#89 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 11:37:56 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Another magnificent win against a great player like Sam. I normally root for Sam so today kind of felt sorry for her. She was at a loss and I wanted Maria to win.

Well played, Maria! Keep it going till the end. Will be shouting out for you tomorrow.

Imnumber2
#90 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 11:48:57 AM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

yeah, she played quite well today!! she looks very comfortable in this tournament. Congrats!!!

now please win the TITLE!!!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Brebis
#91 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 12:46:46 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)

Really on top of her game ! That's how tennis needs to be played ! What a difference with her performance of last week. Congratulations Maria !!!! 6th semi final in 12 tournaments, wowwww.  Good luck for tomorrow. I'll hope for an afternoon match. If she wins , she will have enough time to rest for the final. Remember what happened last year ? Only about 12 hours in between the semi and final. We all know what happened.

paul_pipkin
#92 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 1:06:46 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

As time & circumstance develop, media's persistence in ignoring the actual composition of Team Sharapova has become insupportable. Takes nothing away from Thomas to acknowledge Vlad Volchkov seems joined to him at the hip!

Oh, we understand their problem: this Belarusian presence does not fit the mouthpieces' "narrative." Why, it might put us in mind of Ageev next to Vera, Savchenko & Myskina beside Kuzi--others we could name who probably have Tarpischev on speed-dial. 

I keep shoving him at you because media continues pretty much, "Don't look there!:ninja:

paul_pipkin;309282 wrote:

You heard it here first:

Sharapova hires Voltchkov as hitting partner

Ticker - Thursday, July 28, 2011

Maria Sharapova has hired Vladimir Voltchkov as her full-time hitting partner. Voltchkov worked with Sharapova during the grass court season and is with her at Stanford, along with her coach, Thomas Hogstedt. Sharapova also worked with hitting partner and part-time ATP player Cecil Mamitt of Los Angeles this year. 

"It was more of a feeling," Sharapova told TENNIS.com said of her decision to go with the Belarusian, who reached the 2000 Wimbledon semifinal before falling to Pete Sampras. "Cecil worked with me tremendously on clay — there isn’t a ball he couldn’t run down, I was like, ‘When am I going to hit a winner?’ But at Fed Cup earlier in the year I hit with Voltchkov a few times and I asked him if there was a time during the year we could work together and it worked during the grass season. I like his ball and the way he hits shots and he can actually make me better."

Sharapova, who attempted a co-coaching relationship between her former coach Michael Joyce and her new coach Hogstedt at the end of last year and at the start of the this year that did not work out, cautioned that Voltchkov would not be in a similar leadership position as Hogstedt.

"It’s pretty tough to have two cooks in the kitchen. He’s great cause he willing to travel full time – it’s a sick Russian mentality, you just want to stay home I’m not sure why, we are crazy," she said with a laugh. "There are also some weeks when Thomas can’t come because he has to be with his family and then I can have [Voltchkov] for a few weeks. I’m excited about it."

http://tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=13480&zoneid=25 

Introduction of the "t" in the transliteration of the name is an obvious device to deflect searches. The name under which he should be searched in VOLCHKOV. I posted during Wimbly a month ago:

paul_pipkin;308577 wrote:

Vladimir Volchkov

Full name: Vladimir Nikolayevich Volchkov 
Height: 6'0" (182 cm) 
Weight: 190 lbs (86 kg) 
Born: April 7, 1978 in Minsk, Minsk, Belarus 
Affiliations: BSKP Minsk, Minsk (BLR) 
Sport: Tennis

at: "Outstanding Belarusian tennis players hold a master class for youngsters in Gomel

http://www.photobelta.by/en/photos?rubric_id=21&theme_id=19453&id=89767&page=1 

Tennis.com says:

The 2004 Wimbledon champion also said having her new team in place for a while has also helped. She’s been working with her coach, Sweden’s Thomas Hogstedt, for the past five months, and is still working and traveling with her physical therapist, Juan Reque. She just brought in former Wimbledon semifinalist Vladimir Volchkov as her hitting partner for the grass-court season. Former ATP pro Cecil Mamiit, who worked with her during the clay court season, will be back as her hitting partner during the U.S. summer hard-court swing.

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/ticker.aspx?articleid=12871&zoneid=6 

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Valkyre on 8/19/2011(UTC)
Valkyre
#93 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 4:17:18 PM(UTC)
Valkyre

Here are the highlights of the awesome game between Maria and Stosur. Unfortunately does not make Maria's game justice again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrNnk5qMnq8

Interview post match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaIdUf64mRM

and press conference (love the last commnent by Maria! <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQekxfK6aIE

And as a bonus the coin toss of the match!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk-qRwQ-D6c

Still trying to acquire the full matches. Go Maria!!

2 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 8/19/2011(UTC), Brebis on 8/20/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#94 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 5:56:31 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Peng withdraws:

There are two changes to matches on Friday's schedule.

Due to a right shoulder injury, Tomas Berdych has withdrawn from doubles with partner Radek Stepanek. The withdraw advances Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes into the semifinals.

In women's singles, Peng Shuai has withdrawn due to a left hip injury, allowing 2009 champion Jelena Jankovic to reach the semifinals.

The Bryan and Bryan vs. Fyrstenberg and Matkowski doubles will still be played on Grandstand. The official start time will be announced.

Television guides indicate both Saturday women's semis will be evening. So we presume Sat. 19:00 EDT Masha-Vera and following them Petko-JJ.

paul_pipkin
#95 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 5:57:40 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Peng withdraws:

There are two changes to matches on Friday's schedule.

Due to a right shoulder injury, Tomas Berdych has withdrawn from doubles with partner Radek Stepanek. The withdraw advances Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes into the semifinals.

In women's singles, Peng Shuai has withdrawn due to a left hip injury, allowing 2009 champion Jelena Jankovic to reach the semifinals.

The Bryan and Bryan vs. Fyrstenberg and Matkowski doubles will still be played on Grandstand. The official start time will be announced.

Television guides indicate both Saturday women's semis will be evening. So we presume Sat. 19:00 EDT Masha-Vera and following them Petko-JJ.

Ruyman_Mashalover
#96 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 6:21:36 PM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Solid win today for Maria. Let's hope she plays well against Vera. She's a very consistent player.
Ruyman_Mashalover
#97 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 6:24:58 PM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Both Nadal and Federer out today. Berdych played unbelieveably well today. I think they said he had like 26 winners and only 9 unforced errors at some point in the second set. That's impressive.
Valkyre
#98 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:56:28 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

Ok folks I got a good one here! Highlights of the match between Masha and Rodionova. Its 8 mins long and in HD. This one is much better than the 3mins ones offered so far and you can actually get a fair chance to see how dominant Maria was.
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYTbtuU4540

(look at that return at around the 2:06 mark...damn)

Go Maria!

2 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
PodgeMcQ on 8/20/2011(UTC), paul_pipkin on 8/20/2011(UTC)
Valkyre
#99 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:04:35 AM(UTC)
Valkyre

got some extended highlights for Maria vs Kuznetsova match also! Soon we will have the ones from the Stosur match as well!
Again they don't make the entire game justicebut these give a much better idea and have most of the great points played.

As always enjoy:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgtSpSjQfOc

3 users thanked Valkyre for this useful post.
PodgeMcQ on 8/20/2011(UTC), Brebis on 8/20/2011(UTC), paul_pipkin on 8/20/2011(UTC)
PodgeMcQ
#100 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:28:08 AM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 47 post(s)

Thanks Valkyre! And Best of Luck to Maria I know you can do it! (Saw this pic on facebook so i thought i would post it)

saggittarian
#102 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 4:18:38 PM(UTC)
saggittarian

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Hey Thanks Valkyre. Great quality videos. Can't wait for Maria to play tonight. Will be late for me but I will stay up to support her as always. Unfortunately Europsort not showing it so will have to rely on good quality stream.

Brebis
#101 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 4:47:37 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 216 post(s)

PodgeMcQ;310044 wrote:

Thanks Valkyre! And Best of Luck to Maria I know you can do it! (Saw this pic on facebook so i thought i would post it)

A well dressed Thomas in the back grounds makes it all looking very sufisticated !!  Definately a much better look then when Michael was around !!  Let's hope Maria can continue her good performance tonight and plays aggressive. That's the only way to beat Vera !!