logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

18 Pages<1234>»
WIMBLEDON 2011
robb
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 11:16:29 AM(UTC)
robb

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Originally Posted by: shrapilova Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the video. Very interesting to see how they work and Sasha waiting aside unpatiently. But the video shows us that she probably has no illness. I'm also in doubt that it is the right decision not to play a tournament before Wimbledon. Think she wants no risk to get out early. The exit in the semis of RG disappointed her enough, I suppose.

I don't blame her for dropping out of Birmingham......others who reached semi's at RG did the same. But there ain't much sign of 'illness' is there ..........

Dartagnan
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 1:32:47 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: tgj92 Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post

Well, well, well ! The courts have grass and all of a sudden the Williams sisters can play tennis !? May they both loose in the 1st round. What if one of them takes the title. Getting nervous about that already !! By the way; Were is Maria hiding these days ?

On the indoor courts at Wimbledon ofc... and keeping a low profile after withdrawing from Birmingham i guess :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEJYWkpdmtU

Why doesn't she play on grass so? or may be it is raining cats and dogs outside. 

I think Masha is preparing the US open tournament. 

Serena Williams is back!!!

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Brebis
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 3:09:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

Well, well, well ! The courts have grass and all of a sudden the Williams sisters can play tennis !? May they both loose in the 1st round. What if one of them takes the title. Getting nervous about that already !! By the way; Were is Maria hiding these days ?

On the indoor courts at Wimbledon ofc... and keeping a low profile after withdrawing from Birmingham i guess :P

Thanks for posting the video but unfortunatelly I can not see the video, black screen !!  HELPPPPPPP .

paul_pipkin
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 3:53:50 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1866 time(s) in 1236 post(s)

Thanks for posting the video but unfortunatelly I can not see the video, black screen !!  HELPPPPPPP .

Odd, it is playing fine here. Maybe it's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEJYWkpdmtU 

Try going to youtube & in Search box paste the title: Maria Sharapova warming up for Wimbledon 

Yes, at given hours it is difficult to practice outside right now. Rain severely disrupted Birmingham today.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Brebis
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 4:36:54 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Odd, it is playing fine here. Maybe it's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEJYWkpdmtU 

Try going to youtube & in Search box paste the title: Maria Sharapova warming up for Wimbledon 

Yes, at given hours it is difficult to practice outside right now. Rain severely disrupted Birmingham today.

For an unknown reason they have thrown me out of You Tube ! Needed to register again. Thanks anyway Paul for the help. Seen the video. I find it strange she is in London already. Hope Maria is able to keep the focus the next couple of weeks. Wonder where she will go to practice on grass, Wimbledon or a place outside the city away from all the crowds. High favorite at the booking centre. No Kim, no Azarenka,no Li ??  I'll hope she is able to cope with the pressure.

paul_pipkin
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 4:49:48 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Quite alone, I guess. We see that Vika has been with Vera & JJ in Istanbul. The heads say Li Na is in Germany alot & I assume Kim is in Belgium. Speaking of which--re the UDB thread: Tiger said he has a personal matter absorbing him. "I'll be back." But he did not indicate how soon. 

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 7:43:30 PM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Found MARIA SHARAPOVA'S 2011 WIMBLEDON DRESS!

and. . . .

Nike Womens Maria Ace Lawn Dress – White/Bronze

The new dress that Maria Sharapova will be wearing at Wimbledon this year. Classy and timeless, be sure to dominate your opponent this coming summer.

The Maria Ace Lawn Dress is a Dri-FIT stretch jersey dress with a deep v neckline and racerback straps. With bonded seams at the front and the back with metallic bronze film that provide a premium graphic element. A built in bra provides additional support and princess seams feature embroidered pleated detailing with a bronze thread.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It reminds me of her 2005 Wimbledon dress. She change the "theme" of ehr dress this year, instead of applying many layers on her dress, she just made it simple this year.

tgj92
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:30:35 PM(UTC)
tgj92

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Originally Posted by: clyde_aya@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post

It reminds me of her 2005 Wimbledon dress. She change the "theme" of ehr dress this year, instead of applying many layers on her dress, she just made it simple this year.

Posted it in the photo section a week or so ago, not a bad idea putting it here too incase people didnt see, if anyone wants to see the designs for the USO Series, US Open and a fabricated version of one head to the 'Wimbledon dress 2011?' thread in the aforementioned section :)

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#31 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:44:20 PM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Originally Posted by: clyde_aya@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post

Posted it in the photo section a week or so ago, not a bad idea putting it here too incase people didnt see, if anyone wants to see the designs for the USO Series, US Open and a fabricated version of one head to the 'Wimbledon dress 2011?' thread in the aforementioned section :)

SORRY ABOUT THAT. I DON'T BROWSE THE FORUM THAT MUCH. MY APOLOGIES.

shrapilova
#32 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2011 12:00:53 AM(UTC)
shrapilova

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Tiger said he has a personal matter absorbing him. "I'll be back." But he did not indicate how soon.
If she is not playing before Wimbledon she will loose points and
she keeps us under tense, not knowing how she will be.
paul_pipkin
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2011 4:40:51 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

WTA announces the sisters' return at Eastbourne.  Brief article is restrained. Little more than just restating the official line on their absence.

http://www.wtatennis.com...stbourne_2256076_2373681 

Clear to me their boosters don't know what to expect. So the big hoo-hah is on hold for Wimbledon. If they don't fly at Eastbourne, the "opinion"-meisters hope you don't notice.

Brebis
#33 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 3:58:02 AM(UTC)

On many websites your can read that Maria is the hot favourite to take the Wimbledon title ! Don't think this is good, as Maria can not really cope with playing tennis under pressure. No grass court matches before Wimbledon, mmmmm.......don't know what to think here !?!?
paul_pipkin
#34 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 5:04:57 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

On many websites your can read that Maria is the hot favourite to take the Wimbledon title ! Don't think this is good, as Maria can not really cope with playing tennis under pressure. No grass court matches before Wimbledon, mmmmm.......don't know what to think here !?!?

Easy. Think back five years to 2006-2007. Pumping up excessive expectation was always a preferred device to undermine her & disappoint her fans. Same game, second verse, third, fourth.... 

Birmingham starting now. I'm in the Shoutbox

FRIDAY: Alison Riske vs. Daniela Hantuchova Eurosport 2 http://www.fromsportcom.com/v-2/8/88/v-288824.html

paul_pipkin
#23 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 11:52:49 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

WTA announces the sisters' return at Eastbourne.  Brief article is restrained. Little more than just restating the official line on their absence.

http://www.wtatennis.com...stbourne_2256076_2373681 

Clear to me their boosters don't know what to expect. So the big hoo-hah is on hold for Wimbledon. If they don't fly at Eastbourne, the "opinion"-meisters hope you don't notice.

Eastbourne & 's-Hertogenbosch draws are up: 

Eastbourne: http://www.wtatennis.com...posting/2011/710/MDS.pdf 

's-Hertogenbosch: http://www.wtatennis.com...posting/2011/822/MDS.pdf 

The Eastbourne draw is designed to potentially arrive at an all-sisters final--IF they are up for it. Serena can first "take revenge" on the Bulgar for humiliating her sister, then make sure Vera & Nastia don't get past the quarters. 

As usual, they seem to have less confidence in Venus (given the circumstances that's a little odd) -- hope that she might eliminate the Germans before falling to Li Na. Then Li is expected to throw the final to Serena.

But wait, this is Madame Li now. Does the "deal" still hold?

Nazar
#35 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 2:01:15 PM(UTC)
Nazar

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)

There is too much talk about sisters, I dont expect any big result from them,they were out from the game for a loooong time, I m shure this noise around them is just a wishful thinking/we all know who is behind all this noise/ ofc, this is big news that they are back,but it s too early to make any predictions how they will play....

"Optimists find good things"-Robert De Niro
Nazar
#36 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 2:03:26 PM(UTC)
Nazar

They didnt compete for months , how it possible to expect anything from them,just some media powers want us to think that way,that  is clear to me

Nazar
#37 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 2:05:35 PM(UTC)
Nazar

There is too much talk about sisters, I dont expect any big result from them,they were out from the game for a loooong time, I m shure this noise around them is just a wishful thinking/we all know who is behind all this noise/ ofc, this is big news that they are back,but it s too early to make any predictions how they will play....

paul_pipkin
#38 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 2:30:07 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

I agree, I agree. There is more talk about the sisters than they are worth. I am simply watching the "set-up" with some interest. So far, it would appear the deals are cut based on assumptions of the past--with no clue what may be the realities of the present. :humm: 

Soviet Sport reports: 
Russian tennis players Dinara Safina and Alisa Kleybanova will not participate in "Wimbledon", says the website of the tournament.
Ex-top-ranked Dinara Safina still can not recover from the back trauma , resulting in April at a tournament in Marbella. Alisa Kleybanova, which occupies the 24-th line rankings WTA, will not play at the second consecutive tournament series "Grand Slam" because of illness. Earlier, she for the same reason, missed the French Open.
Apart from two Russian women at Wimbledon, for various reasons will not attend such well-known tennis players as Gisela Dulko of Argentina, Swiss Patty Schnyder and Hungarian Agnes Szavay. We also learned that the Swiss tennis player Timea Bacszinsky will replace the Russian woman Vesna Dolonts in the main draw.

Brebis
#39 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 3:49:33 PM(UTC)

I agree, I agree. There is more talk about the sisters than they are worth. I am simply watching the "set-up" with some interest. So far, it would appear the deals are cut based on assumptions of the past--with no clue what may be the realities of the present. :humm: 

Soviet Sport reports: 
Russian tennis players Dinara Safina and Alisa Kleybanova will not participate in "Wimbledon", says the website of the tournament.
Ex-top-ranked Dinara Safina still can not recover from the back trauma , resulting in April at a tournament in Marbella. Alisa Kleybanova, which occupies the 24-th line rankings WTA, will not play at the second consecutive tournament series "Grand Slam" because of illness. Earlier, she for the same reason, missed the French Open.
Apart from two Russian women at Wimbledon, for various reasons will not attend such well-known tennis players as Gisela Dulko of Argentina, Swiss Patty Schnyder and Hungarian Agnes Szavay. We also learned that the Swiss tennis player Timea Bacszinsky will replace the Russian woman Vesna Dolonts in the main draw.

...................and a wild card for Arantxa Rus please !

paul_pipkin
#40 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 3:57:06 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Soviet Sport reports: 

...................and a wild card for Arantxa Rus please !

See Live Streams update. UNICEF OPEN's in-house stream will start at 11:00 CEST tomorrow Sunday with Arantxa