logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

18 Pages«<1314151617>»
WIMBLEDON 2011
shyra asis
#283 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:58:22 AM(UTC)
shyra asis

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)

it was an ugly match but a very pretty win!!! DAVAI! 

unlucky 13 DF's... the ground strokes was very impressive even with 18 UE and only 14 winners. 

still savoring the fact that Maria is in the finals!!!

“I think I learn a lot from losses and they make me a lot tougher,”-Maria Sharapova

pras1904
#284 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:02:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

hi pova,

great it' final once again. one step, one effort and this world is yours. this is one of your 3rd greatest moment. you should be more patient to get your win. you have been marvellous in this wimbledon. all our effort to reach the final is filled with ur hardwork. you learned a lot but still learning will give you the best result. so do ur best to get this final. sunday will be a celebration day.

for now more the focus the more you move towards ur win. play the match as if t is ur first round. you will realise the effort you have taken after winning. keep your mind on the match. as i said keep your patience high, nervousness down.

just win it champ

best wishes,

shreeprasad shetty
deadchip
#285 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:13:45 PM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
It's hard to believe she can put such a beat down on Lisicki while at the same time serving so poorly. She will not be able to get away with that in the Final. One thing is for sure though and that is that all the struggles with her serve over the past couple of years has really made her sharpen up the return game to where it is without doubt the best in the game right now. Congrats Maria! One more to go! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
If she manages to win this thing, it will take a lot of pressure off of her in the future. How often have we heard that she will never win another major since 2009!!! This will be behind her and she can breathe much easier. All her sponsors will be happy and that will be a relief too. It must be quite the responsability to have produce to justify the big money they pay her.
If she gets to #3, she will have many points to defend at Stanford and Cincinnati, though she didn't play Canada, so will be able to make some ground up there and the USO was a fourth round only, so room for improvement there too. Her draws will be easier as well, which will definitely help! Anyhow, I hope she can do this!!! I think she will too! She'll have to get her serve back on again though and be careful of the lefty serve of Kvitova, who has been playing very, very well.
GO MARIA!!! WIN IT FOR ALL OF US!! WE ARE BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY!!!
Masha is my #1!!
1 user thanked deadchip for this useful post.
rahim57 on 6/30/2011(UTC)
emmyclaire
#286 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:05:19 PM(UTC)
emmyclaire

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

You gave us the pleasure to watch you play and win in absolute dominance, we all thank you for that.  It has been comming for a long time. Now is the time to play your best with the least df's as possible and give us another rosewater dish.  Keep calm and it is all yours.   Good luck for your second Wimbeldon.

MANUEL
Brebis
#287 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:36:28 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
No more tears of happiness left ! Maria was lucky today, as Sabina's serve was slow and she was not really hard hitting. Why her solid serve is gone after several good matches remains a mystery. I like to wish Maria and team all the best in the next 2 days and let's all hope it is going to be a fantastic Saturday. I like to compliment Maria's team for some great team work, it pays off !!!!!!!!!!!!!
saggittarian
#295 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:43:35 PM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

I am happy Maria finally came through. It was tough to watch her struggle with her first serves and all those DFs!! It made Sasha nervous too. He sat rigid as a rod!

Well done, Maria.    It is getting so close now. Please don't blow it. Please practise on your serves tomorrow and maybe get Martina Navratilova to practise with you as you will be playing a lefty. Good luck on Saturday.

paul_pipkin
#288 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:15:06 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
No more tears of happiness left ! Maria was lucky today, as Sabina's serve was slow and she was not really hard hitting. Why her solid serve is gone after several good matches remains a mystery. I like to wish Maria and team all the best in the next 2 days and let's all hope it is going to be a fantastic Saturday. I like to compliment Maria's team for some great team work, it pays off !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us give particular attention to grass advisor/hitting partner Valdimir Volchkov. The Belarusian's image was CUT from the NBC version altogether--and needless to say, no mention of him. I mean, he sat right by Thomas and they talked constantly--we saw that on the BBC live feed.

Moreover--Volchkov & Hogstedt wore matching jackets! That is something else new for Team Sharapova.

NBC finds something about this association inappropriate for Yankee's little pea-brains.  When the media hides something from me, I figure it's even more important. In a few hours, we will see what ESPN2 does with him.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Baris1989
#298 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:59:49 PM(UTC)
Baris1989

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)

YEAH!!!!!!!!

Slow start today but once she held at 0-3 it was one way traffic. Maria's groundies were too much Sabine. I think she was intimidated by both opponent and occasion. 13 DF's is not good but perhaps she got them out the way ready for the final

Now the final! At least Maria has already had a lefty in the draw this year (Robson) and will likely practice with a lefty tomorrow. One thing is for sure, it will be a big hitting final and getting in the first strike will be crucial. Kvitova is not the best mover and she struggled with balls behind her today.

Maria, you can do this, COME ON!!!

Brebis
#296 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:24:40 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: saggittarian Go to Quoted Post

I am happy Maria finally came through. It was tough to watch her struggle with her first serves and all those DFs!! It made Sasha nervous too. He sat rigid as a rod!

Well done, Maria.    It is getting so close now. Please don't blow it. Please practise on your serves tomorrow and maybe get Martina Navratilova to practise with you as you will be playing a lefty. Good luck on Saturday.

I don't think that Navratilova will help out. She is Kvitova's countryman so opposite of Maria's side !

Ruyman_Mashalover
#299 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:27:13 PM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I think it was the worst match Maria's played at this year's Wimbledon Championships. She hit too many double faults (13). It's hard to believe she won it in straight sets, but that shows you just how strong she is mentally and how well her groundstrokes have been working, although she didn't hit the ball as well today as she did in her last two matches. However, Maria can not win the final serving like this. She's risking too much with her second serve and that's the reason why she hits so many double faults. She has a very high toss and when she loses her rythm she tends to hit the ball too much in front of her, causing the serve to go long. I'm afraid that she will have a lot pressure in the final against Kvitova, since Kvitova can really crush her second serves if she just tries to hit them into the serving box. I hope experience will help Maria just as it did today, however, it will be a very tough much and she needs to play much better on Saturday, since Kvitova didn't hesitate too much today even when she was about to win the match. Anyway, good luck to Maria, and let's hope we can celebrate on Saturday.
Imnumber2
#289 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 6:52:50 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Let us give particular attention to grass advisor/hitting partner Valdimir Volchkov. The Belarusian's image was CUT from the NBC version altogether--and needless to say, no mention of him. I mean, he sat right by Thomas and they talked constantly--we saw that on the BBC live feed.

Moreover--Volchkov & Hogstedt wore matching jackets! That is something else new for Team Sharapova.

NBC finds something about this association inappropriate for Yankee's little pea-brains.  When the media hides something from me, I figure it's even more important. In a few hours, we will see what ESPN2 does with him.

I've said a year ago that Maria needs a new team surrounding her. And I'm sooooo happy to see it happening especially a late add of M. Vladimir. This is a great team now and this will give Maria a much different approach from this point on. As a result:

1. CHamp in Rome

2. SF at Roland Garros

and now Final at Wimbledon!!! 

PLUS, her fiance is right next to her at ALL TIME, THAT'S HUUUGE!!!

Ok, she might have hit something inexplicable bump on her serve but I always appreciate a champ who finds a way to win a bad match.

I'm sure she will be alert for saturday.

Only problem is her opponent is LEFTY, is that a problem? guys what do you think?

Best of luck Maria!!! 

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#291 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:00:35 PM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

According to her interview, the reason whys he had those double faults was due to the condition, the last time she played, there was no wind because the roof was closed. But this time, the bad weather was there, the wind was there, and her BALL TOSS WAS EVERYWHERE. That's what she said, her BALL TOSS WAS EVERYWHERE. She wasn't able to hit her serve rightly.

Anyway, let's pray the condition will be good in the Final.

paul_pipkin
#290 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:12:50 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Imnumber2 Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

I've said a year ago that Maria needs a new team surrounding her. And I'm sooooo happy to see it happening especially a late add of M. Vladimir. This is a great team now and this will give Maria a much different approach from this point on. As a result:

1. CHamp in Rome

2. SF at Roland Garros

and now Final at Wimbledon!!! 

PLUS, her fiance is right next to her at ALL TIME, THAT'S HUUUGE!!!

Ok, she might have hit something inexplicable bump on her serve but I always appreciate a champ who finds a way to win a bad match.

I'm sure she will be alert for saturday.

Only problem is her opponent is LEFTY, is that a problem? guys what do you think?

Best of luck Maria!!! 

See "Talk Update" thread. To my utter surprise ESPN2's replay came off VERY GOOD!!! 

Re Volchkov: The story so far is that he's with her only for the grass season. He's actively involved in sport at home in Belarus and Maria has a long-time hitting partner Vladamir is not replacing. But turning to Belarusian assistance speaks to certain channels I find interesting and I do feel the adoption of a team jacket at Wimbly IS significant.

Well, Petra is hardly the only lefty she's played--and beaten--even recently.  I don't know of Maria having any particular difficulty with lefties. Main threat I see from Petra is the broad variation she's developed in her game.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
shrapilova
#300 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 1:19:55 AM(UTC)
shrapilova

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
One step away from the big bang !
Please Maria keep calm and practise ( work ) to improve
the serve to avoid the DF.
We have been waiting ( with You Maria )so long for such a moment
please make it true.
We are behind and support.
Good practise, good recovery for tomorrow.
Good luck !!!
Davai Masha !!!
Sonam.B
#301 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 2:18:33 AM(UTC)

hi to all at ms fanclub..I am a new member here and have been her fan ever since I started following tennis back in 2005 wen she played serena in the semis..

after d bad phase of shoulder injury i think dis is the best she has played in a very long time...taking away the double faults that is

she is hittingthe ball  hard and deep consistantly and only if she can improve on her serves she will be back on top 3.

but nevertheless this title is definately hers...will pray dat she does well on saturday

Davai masha!! :-)

sunstreet
#302 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 4:55:59 AM(UTC)
sunstreet

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
What a day, and a great match. Lisicki fought her chance, but it was not enough. Maria pulled through. I simply jumped up and down and screamed YES at the top of my lungs. My neighboor must think i´m a loony of some sort, well it was all for a good reason. Maria is back in the finals at wimbe, what a great achievement, and she has worked so hard to get there. If anyone ever deserved to be back in the finals it´s you Maria. You hanged tough and gave yourself this opportunity, i´m so happy for you.
Now i will go out and buy a bottle of champagne and put it in the fridge, for tomorrow. Win or loose, it´s a great achievement and it will be celebrated, as it should.
So congratulations Maria, and from the bottom of my heart i wish you all the best in the final tomorrow.
Just go for it girl.
Brebis
#294 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 5:08:09 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: clyde_aya@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post

According to her interview, the reason whys he had those double faults was due to the condition, the last time she played, there was no wind because the roof was closed. But this time, the bad weather was there, the wind was there, and her BALL TOSS WAS EVERYWHERE. That's what she said, her BALL TOSS WAS EVERYWHERE. She wasn't able to hit her serve rightly.

Looking at the weather forecast , it will be fine tomorrow. Sun , dry , some clouds and hardly any wind, about 22 C. Perfect weather for hopefully one of the best days of our lifes.

saggittarian
#292 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 8:53:33 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Maria MUST learn to adapt to windy conditions if she wants to stay consistently in the top 5. I didn't think it was that windy in London yesterday. Not as bad as at RG when she lost.

robb
#293 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 10:26:21 AM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Originally Posted by: saggittarian Go to Quoted Post

Maria MUST learn to adapt to windy conditions if she wants to stay consistently in the top 5. I didn't think it was that windy in London yesterday. Not as bad as at RG when she lost.

Exactly.... and she cannot afford as many DF'S in the final that's for sure. If she opens like she did against Lisicki, she will be a set down before the 'prawn sandwich' brigade have even taken their Centre Court seats! Kvitova has a really good serve and a really good forehand which swing awaty from the right hander. I was suprised how well she powered her way past Azarenka. Previous to that she did the same to Pironkova, who had put Serena out. She is a REAL threat to Maria...ok I got it wrong about Lisicki, but even she was 3-0 up at the start. She certainly wasn't overawed, just less accurate than previous games. Maria had a terrible draw at the start, but due to Meltdown Monday has had a far easier path to the final than any of us imagined. She has yet to be fully tested; I feel sure she will be tomorrow. I would love her to win.......but this time she will have to be at her best.....

ShelbyK
#303 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 11:33:43 AM(UTC)
ShelbyK

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)

I'm pumped for this match tommorrow. Go maria!