logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages<12345>»
Roland Garros
clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#43 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 10:23:05 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

"I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I had an early practice today and decided to enjoy the city. I am trying to push myself these days to take the time to enjoy these amazing places I travel to. So many times all I see is the hotel, airport and tennis courts. Going to have a nice dinner tonight with my team and have an early night."

Maria's Facebook Update

1 user thanked clyde_aya@yahoo.com for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 5/21/2011(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#44 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 10:45:56 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

French Open 2011: Williams sisters have made Paris an open goal for Maria Sharapova, says Martina Hingis

Maria Sharapova’s greatest strength has always been her mental toughness – she gives opponents nothing – and she will believe in herself even more after winning her first title for a year with victory at Rome’s Foro Italico last weekend. Sharapova is undoubtedly a great competitor, so strong in the mind, and that is often key in Paris, as it is the most mentally draining of the grand slam tournaments. When Sharapova is playing well, she just never lets go. I suppose that could be seen as being mean on the court, but I have always viewed it as professionalism. From the very first time I saw Sharapova play, which would have been when she was 14 or 15 and she was still in the juniors, I have always thought how professional she is. You always know what you were going to get with her. She is pretty straightforward. It has not always been good enough, but she has always given everything. It is fantastic for Sharapova, and for women’s tennis, that she is winning again. With the Williams sisters, Venus and Serena, both missing the French Open, the women’s game needs some big names and faces. Sharapova exploded on to the scene when she won the 2004 Wimbledon title at 17, and she went on to win the 2006 US Open and the 2008 Australian Open.

READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE HERE: http://www.telegraph.co....says-Martina-Hingis.html

2 users thanked clyde_aya@yahoo.com for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 5/21/2011(UTC), deadchip on 5/21/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#45 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 11:04:53 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Originally Posted by: clyde_aya@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post

French Open 2011: Williams sisters have made Paris an open goal for Maria Sharapova, says Martina Hingis

Maria Sharapova’s greatest strength has always been her mental toughness – she gives opponents nothing – and she will believe in herself even more after winning her first title for a year with victory at Rome’s Foro Italico last weekend. Sharapova is undoubtedly a great competitor, so strong in the mind, and that is often key in Paris, as it is the most mentally draining of the grand slam tournaments. When Sharapova is playing well, she just never lets go. I suppose that could be seen as being mean on the court, but I have always viewed it as professionalism. From the very first time I saw Sharapova play, which would have been when she was 14 or 15 and she was still in the juniors, I have always thought how professional she is. You always know what you were going to get with her. She is pretty straightforward. It has not always been good enough, but she has always given everything. It is fantastic for Sharapova, and for women’s tennis, that she is winning again. With the Williams sisters, Venus and Serena, both missing the French Open, the women’s game needs some big names and faces. Sharapova exploded on to the scene when she won the 2004 Wimbledon title at 17, and she went on to win the 2006 US Open and the 2008 Australian Open.

READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE HERE: http://www.telegraph.co....says-Martina-Hingis.html

Thanx. Amusing to see Martina expand on her earlier observation, years back, when she said simply,

"Sharapova is like me, mean as a snake." LOL! 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
shrapilova on 5/21/2011(UTC)
shrapilova
#47 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 12:57:57 PM(UTC)
shrapilova

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)

I like what she said. I really like it.

And if Maria cannot take the title, I hope an underdog can take it.

( I would prefer Julia Görges )

paul_pipkin
#48 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 1:11:00 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: shrapilova Go to Quoted Post

I like what she said. I really like it.

And if Maria cannot take the title, I hope an underdog can take it.

( I would prefer Julia Görges )

Hey, shrapi Apparently it depends on her back, but I hope Julia goes deep.  Bartoli had to retire from the Strasbourg final with a left quad injury. This may ease Julia's way to Round of 16, defeat Stosur and pose a nemesis to Caro in the quarters. 

saggittarian
#49 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 4:23:56 PM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Great article. Thanks, clyde. I can't honestly see Wozni win RG. She seemed to be struggling today in the final against Peng who is not in the top 10. She has played so many matches by the time she gets to RG she would be worn out and no daddy to coach her on court when she is down.

Dartagnan
#46 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 5:35:01 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Another serious opponent for Maria Sharapova.

YES I HAVE AN INJURY BUT I AM GOING TO FIGHT AHHH

I HOPE MASHA WILL SHOW HER THAT SHE IS NUMBER 1. 

maria

Originally Posted by: clyde_aya@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

katmilr
#50 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 8:23:46 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)
OMg If Maria could beat Kim in the QFs would be such sweet revenge. Still not over that Cincy loss.
GRRRR.

ALLEZZZZZZZZZZZ Maria, nous sommes avec toi. Chouchou a Paris!!!!

ps. Anyone know when our Maria starts?
paul_pipkin
#51 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 8:35:44 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: katmilr Go to Quoted Post
OMg If Maria could beat Kim in the QFs would be such sweet revenge. Still not over that Cincy loss.
GRRRR.

ALLEZZZZZZZZZZZ Maria, nous sommes avec toi. Chouchou a Paris!!!!

ps. Anyone know when our Maria starts?

Monday or later is all we know now. Here's Sunday viewing:

Five Courts will be streamed. :tv_happy: 

Sunday (22 May) CEST LiveScoreHunter
11:00 Benesova - Stosur (Court Philippe Chatrier)
11:00 Voracova - Cornet (Court Suzanne Lenglen)
14:00 Peer - Martinez Sanchez (Court 2)
15:30 Jankovic - A. Bondarenko (Court Suzanne Lenglen)
15:30 Dokic - Dushevina (Court 2)
17:00 Rybarikova - Kuznetsova (Court 1)
17:00 Sanchez - Hercog (Court 7)
18:30 M.Johansson - Görges (Court Philippe Chatrier)
18:30 Lepchenko - Pennetta (Court 1)
18:30 Parra Santonja - Mattek-Sands (Court 7)

2 users thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
katmilr on 5/21/2011(UTC), tgj92 on 5/21/2011(UTC)
Brebis
#53 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 3:04:27 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I'll hope it will be a dry 2 weeks ! The courts are faster , which is better for her game !
So, dear God , may You help Maria by not sending any rain.
paul_pipkin
#52 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 6:15:16 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Thus far:

Court Philippe Chatrier Women's Singles - 1st Round

Iveta Benesova CZE 2 3

Samantha Stosur AUS (8) 6 6

Court Suzanne Lenglen Women's Singles - 1st Round

Renata Voracova CZE 4 2

Alize Cornet FRA 6 6

Court 3 Women's Singles - 1st Round

Gisela Dulko ARG 6 6

Irina Falconi USA 3 4

Court 6 Women's Singles - 1st Round

Tsvetana Pironkova BUL (32) 7 6

Casey Dellacqua AUS 5 3

Court 17 Women's Singles - 1st Round

Alla Kudryavtseva RUS 2 1

Simona Halep ROU 6 6

Court 17 Women's Singles - 1st Round

Rebecca Marino CAN 6 6

Kateryna Bondarenko UKR 3 3

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Five Courts will be streamed. :tv_happy: 

Sunday (22 May) CEST LiveScoreHunter UPCOMING
14:00 Peer - Martinez Sanchez (Court 2)
15:30 Jankovic - A. Bondarenko (Court Suzanne Lenglen)
15:30 Dokic - Dushevina (Court 2)
17:00 Rybarikova - Kuznetsova (Court 1)
17:00 Sanchez - Hercog (Court 7)
18:30 M.Johansson - Görges (Court Philippe Chatrier)
18:30 Lepchenko - Pennetta (Court 1)
18:30 Parra Santonja - Mattek-Sands (Court 7)

Drew Lilley's blog: http://www.rolandgarros....1105221306063452755.html 

Lucky loser Anastasia Pivovarova  or qualifier Nuria Llagostera Vives will play Alizé Cornet in the 2nd round. 

M-Lover
#54 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 7:33:42 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

So here we are. The French Open's started today. It's time for the French media to talk about another topic than this creepy perv being caught in NYC for sexually assaulting a room maid. BTW I hope the US justice will put him in jail for at least 20 years! It's not safe having him freely walk around.

As a French citizen, Paris resident and tennis lover - yes I am -, especially loving the female tennis and hot players , Roland Garros couldn't occur without you guys hearing my voice. So I'm trying here my predictions.

The French Open is definitely OPEN this year. No one can say who is the favorite. The champion could be another Schiavone, why not? If Wozniacki is not capable of winning a GS, anyone else in the top10 can do it. I ain't gonna talk about the Russian ghetto, it's Paul's job ! I'm gonna talk about the favorite in each quarter.

Quarter 1. IMO, the winner will be Caroline or Samantha. Sammy just won her first match today. She's the best clay player. The only problem: she's not consistent this year. So Caro could go through to the semi. Sorry for Kuzie who is a former champion and who used to play very well on clay. Her time seems over. The surprise here could come from Julia Bigboobs Goerges. I'll be watching her for sure. She can beat Sammy if she can produce the same tennis she did in Stuttgart. If so, the quarterfinal would be the most exciting of the tournament: two hot "bigboobs" facing off, Julia vs Caroline. This match wouldn't be missed for any reason.

Quarter 2. This quarter is Vera Zvonareva's backyard. It's the Russian corner because there is always one. However I see no one able to beat Vera. Francesca won't be able to produce the same feat. The quarter final could be between Vera and Jelena with Vera winning in straight. Paul can not expect better.

Quarter 3. Like Vera in the second quarter, this is Azarenka's property. Ivanovic is no more a threat. What the hell happened to her since her victory in Paris a couple of years ago? Petra Kvitova or Na Li could be Viki's opponent in the quarter. My pick is the Belarusian.

Quarter 4. Maria's quarter. Not hard for Maria until the inevitable faceoff with Radwanska. But she can go through if she can keep her form until the end of the week. In the second half my heart is with Kiri. But mama Clijsters is dangerous and Petkovic is the other big contender. Anyway I think Clijsters will not pass Petko. There is no more Henin to motivate her. The quarterfinal would be between Maria and Petko. Again, if Maria can hold the distance, she can beat Petko.

The weather is beautiful right now in Paris. Forcasters predict a sunny week. To everyone, welcome to Paris!

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#55 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 8:11:49 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

It's pretty windy in Paris. Let's hope it "won't" affect her service toss. 

paul_pipkin
#56 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:24:51 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Masha not before Tuesday. Kiri & Vera will play Monday:

http://www.rolandgarros..../schedule/schedule7.html 

http://www.rolandgarros....schedule/p_schedule7.pdf 

paul_pipkin
#57 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 2:12:14 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Oh. My. Gawd.  In a near-empty Bull Ring, at 8.55 pm: Varvara Lepchenko defeats Flavia Pennetta 6-3, 2-6, 6-3.

Davai

1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 5/22/2011(UTC)
saggittarian
#60 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 2:18:17 PM(UTC)
saggittarian

If Maria is not playing until Tuesday, she might have 2 play 2 days running. Still, Maria is strong.

Brebis
#58 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 3:35:12 PM(UTC)

Oh. My. Gawd.  In a near-empty Bull Ring, at 8.55 pm: Varvara Lepchenko defeats Flavia Pennetta 6-3, 2-6, 6-3.

Davai

I saw the match of Flavia !  Don't know what is wrong with her these days !!?  She was crying on court as she found her own game hopeless !  A shame , as she was doing well last year.

Brebis
#61 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 3:39:08 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: saggittarian Go to Quoted Post

If Maria is not playing until Tuesday, she might have 2 play 2 days running. Still, Maria is strong.

No I am not very happy with this ! Would have been better if her start was on Monday , she would have had an extra day of rest in the 2nd week if she makes that ( yes Philli, you never know ) !! Anyway , what can she do about it . Caroline is playing on court 1 tomorrow !!????  Organisers must have mixed feelings about this number 1 player. So do I, may she loose in round 1 !   

saggittarian
#62 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 5:35:06 PM(UTC)
saggittarian

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: saggittarian Go to Quoted Post

No I am not very happy with this ! Would have been better if her start was on Monday , she would have had an extra day of rest in the 2nd week if she makes that ( yes Philli, you never know ) !! Anyway , what can she do about it . Caroline is playing on court 1 tomorrow !!????  Organisers must have mixed feelings about this number 1 player. So do I, may she loose in round 1 !   

Yeah. I hope so too, Brebis. She must be worn out having just played another 3 setter yesterday when she requested for the trainer to give her a leg message. I am sure there was nothing wrong with her. 40 year old Kimiko CAN beat her. She has won a tournament recently. Who did she upset? Sam Stosur?? I enjoy watching Wozi struggle. Oh dear! No daddy to help!

Tommy Haas is back after 15 months lay off. He plays his first match tomorrow on court 17. He said his ideal mixed doubles partner is Maria! I suppose Thomas Hogstedt will be watching his matches with interest although he is no longer his coach.

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#63 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 10:28:20 PM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

That scheduling will give Maria more time to prepare. :) Anyway, I hope her match will be televised here in our country. :D

Can't wait how the dress looks when she wears it on court.