logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
MARIA SHARAPOVA IN PARIS, ROLAND GARROS 2011
Dartagnan
#1 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 10:34:09 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

WE ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THE SUCCESS OF MARIA SHARAPOVA.

WE WISH MASHA A GOOD LUCK AT ROLAND GARROS 2011 AND WE ARE SURE THAT SHE WILL BE THE BEST.

BUT WE SHOULD NOT FORGET THAT HER OPPONENTS WILL BE ALSO READY FOR THAT. SO LET'S BE CONCENTRATED ON AN EXCELLENT TENNIS USING THE WEAK POINTS OF OPPONENTS AND CORNERS.

paris

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

2 users thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
LOVER BOY on 8/30/2011(UTC), yamil13489 on 9/1/2011(UTC)
shyra asis
#2 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 11:01:33 AM(UTC)
shyra asis

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)

darn it! from ADVANCED MEMBER to NEWBIE... i forgot my email add and password...

one match at a time... I'm very excited for the draw, I really want to see Masha vs. Vika. 

“I think I learn a lot from losses and they make me a lot tougher,”-Maria Sharapova

1 user thanked shyra asis for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 5/16/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#3 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 11:06:44 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

shyra asis;307610 wrote:

darn it! from ADVANCED MEMBER to NEWBIE... i forgot my email add and password...

one match at a time... I'm very excited for the draw, I really want to see Masha vs. Vika. 

I think that Maria Sharapova is ready to defeat Vika if she wants to play a better tennis and reach a better WTA ranking. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#4 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 12:06:21 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Hi, shyra. Don't worry about it. There are several: Nella is Brebis now & Nicole had to set up a a new account too.

I agree with Dart. I saw Masha start turning it around a good three games before Vika's injury, That she failed to break & dropped the first set didn't change the momentum.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 5/29/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:55:58 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

MARIA SHARAPOVA TRAINING for Roland Garros tournament WITH A PRETTY SMILE ON HER FACE. SHE LOOKS RELAXED. 

WITH A N°1 ON HER TEE SHIRT.

MASHA

masha

Dartagnan
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:25:46 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

DAVAI MASHA!!!!

IF MASHA WINS THE ROLAND GARROS TOURNAMENT, SHE WILL BE THE THIRD RUSSIAN GIRL TO WIN IT AND THE FIRST RUSSIAN GIRL TO WIN 4 GRAND SLAMS. IT WILL BE A NEW RECORD FOR RUSSIA. 

DAVAI MASHA!!!! COURAGE

For example the Russian girl Mishkina showed us that she could win the Roland Garros tournament. 

masha

Dartagnan
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:43:22 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Roland Garros: expectations and perspectives

Interview with Viktor Yanchuk, tennis expert and honored Russian tennis trainer.

And if not Kuznetsova then (Maria) Sharapova. Sharapova is really showing improvement. What really excited me is what she was able to show on clay. She needs to choose when to go on the offensive and not forget about her defense. She’s no longer attacking like Chapaev, she has started to judge her shots more, become more flexible and not take risks. Maria is also moving around a lot better, though she still has some problems with her serve. We can see she still lets double faults slip by, and this is because of some slight defects with her serve. We can tell she has made changes to her serving technique and she is still working on it. She still needs some time this season to work it out and be on top of her form and play to the same class she used to. I believe she really can play on the clay, but I think she needs more time to work out her clay game, and therefore I don’t think she can be a very serious competitor, at least this time at the French Open.

But on the other hand, her head game is fine, she is no exception from the other competitors and there’s no reason she can’t try to go all the way. We saw that with her victory over Caroline Wozniacki. That’s good but it doesn’t mean anything, especially going into the French Open. It says she has good potential, but not a whole lot more than that.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/05/23/50694255.html

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 5/28/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:38:05 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

MARIA HAD TO FIND THE RIGHT STRATEGY TO DEFEAT HER OPPONENT.

CONGRATULATION MASHA!!!!!!!

MAY 26: Maria Sharapova of Russia hits a forehand during the women's singles round two match between Maria Sharapova of Russia and Caroline Garcia of France on day five of the French Open at Roland Garros on May 26, 2011 in Paris, France.

masha

PARIS, FRANCE - MAY 26: Maria Sharapova of Russia hits a forehand during the women's singles round two match between Maria Sharapova of Russia and Caroline Garcia of France on day five of the French Open at Roland Garros on May 26, 2011 in Paris, France.

masha

Dartagnan;307827 wrote:

Roland Garros: expectations and perspectives

Interview with Viktor Yanchuk, tennis expert and honored Russian tennis trainer.

And if not Kuznetsova then (Maria) Sharapova. Sharapova is really showing improvement. What really excited me is what she was able to show on clay. She needs to choose when to go on the offensive and not forget about her defense. She’s no longer attacking like Chapaev, she has started to judge her shots more, become more flexible and not take risks. Maria is also moving around a lot better, though she still has some problems with her serve. We can see she still lets double faults slip by, and this is because of some slight defects with her serve. We can tell she has made changes to her serving technique and she is still working on it. She still needs some time this season to work it out and be on top of her form and play to the same class she used to. I believe she really can play on the clay, but I think she needs more time to work out her clay game, and therefore I don’t think she can be a very serious competitor, at least this time at the French Open.

But on the other hand, her head game is fine, she is no exception from the other competitors and there’s no reason she can’t try to go all the way. We saw that with her victory over Caroline Wozniacki. That’s good but it doesn’t mean anything, especially going into the French Open. It says she has good potential, but not a whole lot more than that.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/05/23/50694255.html

paul_pipkin on 5/26/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 11:40:24 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

IT IS NOT THE END OF THE TOURNAMENT BUT LITTLE BY LITTLE MARIA SHARAPOVA REALIZING HER DESTINY IN ROLAND GARROS; MARIA SHARAPOVA IS GOING TO WIN THE ROLAND GARROS TROPHY THIS YEAR WITH THE SUPPORT OF ALL HER FANS. WE WILL NEVER FORGET THIS YEAR AND MONTH. 

Maria Sharapova of Russia clenches her fist after scoring a point against Chan Yung-Jan of Taipei in her third round match at the French Open tennis tournament in Roland Garros 

MASHA

Dartagnan
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:35:04 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russia's Maria Sharapova's shadow is seen as she serves to Taipei's Chan Yung-Jan during their third round match of the French Open tennis

roland garros 2011

Maria Sharapova of Russia is framed by the legs of a linesman as she waits for Chan Yung-Jan of Taipei to serve in her third round match at the French

MASHA

giane
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 6:39:49 PM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
nice pic Dart! :))
1 user thanked giane for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 5/29/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#13 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2011 12:16:43 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

giane;307926 wrote:
nice pic Dart! :))

They are special!!!!!

paris

Maria Sharapova Advances to Fourth Round of 2011 French Open

Roland Garros is not kind to everyone and Maria Sharapova is no exception to that rule.

While the world's former No. 1 has won every other major slam, winning the French Open has be consistently illusive throughout her entire career.

Her fall from the top of world rankings has been accompanied by a year long draught of victories at majors as well.

Last week in Rome she won the final tuneup tournament and looks poised to truly take a run at this.

In the third round Sharapova took care of her opponent rather easily and is ready for the upcoming fourth roud.

Female No. 1 tennis star, Caroline Wozniacki, was bounced yesterday a big upset.

Although she carries the No. 1 ranking, she is having a tough time winning important tournaments.

That has left the door wide open for someone like Sharapova.

Maria now just has to stay on top of game.

Dartagnan
#14 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 2:07:16 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE MASHA WITH HER VICTORY AGAINST RADWANSKA.

SECOND I WOULD LIKE MASHA TO BE MORE PATIENT AND AVOID DOUBLE FAULTS IN THE NEXT MATCH. WE HAD 7 DF TODAY. IT CAN BE DANGEROUS IF YOU PLAY WITH A STRONGER TENNIS PLAYER.

DAVAI MASHA!!! YOU ARE OUR YELLOW ROSE. 

MASHA

PATIENCE IS NECESSARY TO AVOID THE DOUBLE FAULTS.

MASHA

Dartagnan
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:36:07 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

CONGRATULATION MASHA. THE VICTORY IS SWEET!!!!!!!!

WE WISH YOU LESS FAULTS AND A VICTORY AGAINST THE GERMAN GIRL IN QF. 

masha

masha

fabiosky on 5/31/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:06:37 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

masha

Sharapova through to meet Petkovic in quarter-finals

Maria Sharapova overcame a rusty to start to see off Agnieszka Radwanska 7-6(4), 7-5 in a topsy-turvy match that saw her advance to the French Open quarter-finals for the fifth time in her career. In so doing, the no.7 seed joins Svetlana Kuznetsova and Francesca Schiavone to become one of only three players left in the women's draw who have at least one Grand Slam title to their name.

Sharapova may have entered the match leading the head-to-head 6-1 but her form was patchy. At times she played magnificent tennis and was indeed the architect of beautifully-constructed shots that carved out an open court and allowed her to seal points with breathtaking winners. Crosscourt, down the line, or overhead - it didn't matter. They all served the same purpose and worked as outright winners.

But there were also moments where the 24-year-old's game was plagued by inconsistency and that was all too clear in the opening set. Radwanska was the quicker out of the starting block, racing to a 4-1 lead but within the blink of an eye Sharapova had turned around her game to force a tie-break. And it was here that the former world no.1, sporting a lemon-coloured dress, really sprinkled the magic dust. She mixed up the game with attacking net play, precision lobs and crosscourt winners to steal the set 7-6(4).

Leading 2-0 in the second that all changed when Maria appeared to go off the boil. It was almost as though the Russian had little patience for the clay, hurrying through points in a bid to end them quickly and that was when the mistakes crept in. Radwanska, who had a heavily strapped left thigh, seized the advantage and broke. At 5-3 she was in possession of two set points but fluffed them both.

Sharapova broke back to 4-5 but was by no means out of danger and once again found herself defending set points against her - this time three. Radwanska netted the first, the second was cancelled out by a Sharapova winner and then another Radwanska mistake cost the Pole dearly on the third. She promptly lost that game and the next two to hand Sharapova the match and push Sharapova one step nearer to her dream of achieving a career Grand Slam.

On Wednesday, Sharapova will face Andrea Petkovic in the quarter-final after the charismatic German came out on top of a three-set, topsy-turvy contest against Maria Kirilenko. The first set was three-quarters of an hour of grinding clay-courtery with almost every game going to at least one deuce. The no.15 seed, who had defeated Kirilenko already during this season's European clay swing at Rome and Strasbourg, secured the big points and broke three times, losing her own service just once, to take the opener 6-2.

The no.25-seeded Russian was far from overawed however and stormed back in the second, breaking Petkovic early and late in the set to level the match at one-all. And as the sun set on no.1 court, it came down to a decider. Petkovic sneaked a break to lead 3-2, pointing at her head and telling herself to focus with a steely glare that would have bent an opponent's racquet, let alone will, at 50 paces. The altogether more demure Kirilenko broke back almost immediately, showing the kind of accurate hitting that had blown Arantxa Rus - the surprise conqueror of Kim Clijsters - off the court two days earlier.

The decider became a shoot-out as dusk fell and the games on either side of the scoreboard approached the magic number of six. The self-styled "Petkorazzi" it was who broke in the ninth game and then with bravery, ferocity and above all focus served out for a 6-2, 2-6, 6-4 win which sees her into her second consecutive Grand Slam quarter-final.

She concluded the match with her now trademark backwards-sliding "Petkodance", but whether she will be able to moonwalk past Sharapova and into the semis is another matter.

http://2011.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2011-05-30/201105301306765504931.html

Dartagnan
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:59:57 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

MARIA SHARAPOVA: THE YELLOW ROSE OF ROLAND GARROS.

masha

Nazar
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:11:17 AM(UTC)
Nazar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)

I think that match with Petkovic wiil be tough ,but also it could be more simple,cos Andrea plays agressive tennis,not as Radwanska,if Masha avoids too many UE and DF,well,then she will have great chance to win!

btw:Petkovic herself made 8 DF against Kiri !

"Optimists find good things"-Robert De Niro
1 user thanked Nazar for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 5/31/2011(UTC)
AlexaVega
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:22:37 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Wow.......!!! She is beautiful....!!!
1 user thanked AlexaVega for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 5/31/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:52:09 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Nazar;308006 wrote:

I think that match with Petkovic wiil be tough ,but also it could be more simple,cos Andrea plays agressive tennis,not as Radwanska,if Masha avoids too many UE and DF,well,then she will have great chance to win!

btw:Petkovic herself made 8 DF against Kiri !

Anyway it is better to avoid bad faults, particularly when you play the QF of Roland Garros. 

Maria Sharapova should be also very carefull with her food because she will have several difficult matches to play until the final. I mean that I don't want her to be sick on this tournament. Her food should be fresh and checked. 

There is a new bacteria in vegetable in Europe. Let's be carefull. 

MASHA

Dartagnan
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2011 11:19:38 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE MARIA SHARAPOVA WITH HER TODAY "MARVELLOUS VICTORY" AT ROLAND GARROS 2011. 

MARIA SHARAPOVA IS A WONDERFULL TENNIS PLAYER

IF MARIA WON  THE ROLAND GARROS TOURNAMENT. SHE WILL BE THE FIRST RUSSIAN WOMAN IN HISTORY TO WIN 4 GRAND SLAMS. IT IS A RECORD. 

French Open 2011: Maria Sharapova through to semi-final at Roland Garros after victory over Andrea Petkovic

Maria Sharapova moved to within two wins of a career Grand Slam when she defeated Germany's Andrea Petkovic 6-0, 6-3 to reach her second French Open semi-final.

masha

The seventh seed, who next faces Li Na, the Chinese sixth seed, for a place in the final, also ended Petkovic's hopes of becoming the first German in the last four in Paris since Steffi Graf in 1999.

Sharapova, a semi-finalist in 2007, was in unstoppable form in the first set, breaking in the first, third and fifth games before taking the opener 6-0 with the Russian allowing the German just seven points on her serve.

The Russian star, who needs a French Open title to become just the 10th woman to complete a career Grand Slam, hit deep, pinpoint winners off both flanks.

Petkovic, who had defeated Sharaopova to reach her first Grand Slam quarter-final in Australia in January, was quickly 0-2 down in the second set before she stopped the rot, finally getting on the scoreboard after 51 minutes.

The 23-year-old then levelled at 2-2 with her first break of the match but Sharapova, playing with a rare freedom of movement on a surface which has caused her numerous problems in the past, clawed back the break for a 3-2 lead.

Petkovic then broke for 3-3 after a lengthy sixth game, but former world number one Sharapova, who had been a set and 1-4 down against French teenager Caroline Garcia in the second round, once again summoned her famed fighting spirit.

She retrieved the break to lead 4-3 and held for 5-3.

Sharapova went to two match points in the ninth game with another booming forehand and claimed victory when Petkovic dumped a tired forehand into the net.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/frenchopen/8550341/French-Open-2011-Maria-Sharapova-through-to-semi-final-at-Roland-Garros-after-victory-over-Andrea-Petkovic.html

masha

masha

BE COURAGEOUS MASHA, BE STRONG, YOU WILL REACH THE FINAL VERY SOON. YOU ARE THE YELLOW ROSE OF ROLAND GARROS. 

masha