logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<34567>»
Internazionali BNL d'Italia - ROME
paul_pipkin
#80 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 5:11:49 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1868 time(s) in 1238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: tgj92 Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: ShelbyK Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Brebis Go to Quoted Post
That's what you get when you call Maria "a fucking bitch " . That is what Victoria said at the end of the 1st set !
Maria played great but in the first set Vicoria was a great returner. I want to see Bunny girl tomorrow. As she is not a girl of winners and not a good returner as Victoria is, I put my money on Maria. Her serve is wayyyyy better then months ago, correct Philli ??

I need to see the video of that. lol

http://www.youtube.com/w...;feature=player_embedded

Disliking her more and more.

She's apologized for the 'misunderstanding'. Clearly she swore at either the umpire or Maria not to herself, why would you call yourself a 'f*cking bitch' after taking a set off Maria? Don't buy it dear.

Comments can be seen here: http://twitter.com/#!/vika7

Oh, she should just say, "Yeah, I said that--in the heat the moment." Locked in struggle, anyone may say anything. Under the rules, it's nothing. It was NOT an "audible" obscenity. 

Vika is way mellowed out from the hothead she was even a year ago--certainly compared to Rome TWO years ago, when she melted into paranoid delusion.

IMO it's still no biggie.  Hey, Masha won't care.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#82 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 5:52:23 PM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Well I wans't able to watch the match, but at the same time I'm happy that Maria reached the final and sad that Victoria had to retire from the match. In anyway, congrats to Maria, and tomorrow we will have another great match: Maria and Caroline will play, I believe that Maria can win it if she serves consistently and avoid to make so many errors by the reason that Caroline plays with so much consistency, doesn't make so many errors and is always ready to hit another ball. I've just saw the video and noticed that Victoria said: "fucking bitch" her explanation on twitter sound strange that she said it to herself, her attitude wasn't so good if she really had the intention to swear Maria. In anyway now let's think about Maria Sharapova vs. Caroline Wozniacki match!
saggittarian
#83 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 6:37:01 PM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Yes. Maria CAN beat Wozi if she serves well and hits winners. If I remember rightly, the last time they played Maria had something like 13 DFs!!

We are all behind you Maria. I want to see you in the final and hopefully holding your first trophy this year.

tgj92
#84 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 7:36:26 PM(UTC)
tgj92

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 25 post(s)

^^^ Yup, No biggie. However it should fuel the rivaly even more, i know the two aren't exactly best buds.

I think this is probably Marias best opportunity to beat Caroline and it would be a great psycological victory before the next two slams if they were to meet again! I think Nikkie said that depending on a few things Maria could be ranked 6th if she wins or reaches the final here and with Kim likely to be out for a little longer, top 5 would be a very real possibility for Paris! Which is fantastic really considering her ranking at the beginning of the year 

Nazar
#85 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 2:23:07 AM(UTC)
Nazar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)

Referring Azarenka,she is too much agressive when she plays,after all its just a game of tennis,not war,she needs to change her attitude cos it makes problems for herself,her previous retirements from the matches,yesterday s injury, all come from her mental agression,at the start of second set she began feeling scare of Masha ,cos Masha started to improve and press her all around the court,Azarenka is very talented player,but psychologist is the person whom she should have

"Optimists find good things"-Robert De Niro
1 user thanked Nazar for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 5/14/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#86 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 3:05:00 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: Nazar Go to Quoted Post

Referring Azarenka,she is too much agressive when she plays,after all its just a game of tennis,not war,she needs to change her attitude cos it makes problems for herself,her previous retirements from the matches,yesterday s injury, all come from her mental agression,at the start of second set she began feeling scare of Masha ,cos Masha started to improve and press her all around the court,Azarenka is very talented player,but psychologist is the person whom she should have

Yeah, Vika has some issues--a related one being a little paranoid streak that kicks in under stress (seriously freaked out at Rome a couple of years ago.) I think that quirk also bore on this. But hey, the limitation for a shrink is that a lotta "they"s really are out to get her.  Tough-minded Masha handles such stress much better.

Vika has greatly improved. Credit is being handed to Samuel Sumyk and no doubt due because Sam knows the stressors of the game inside-out. But I wonder if another positive factor might be her boyfriend. I dunno when she hooked up with Sergei Bubka Junior (Ukrainian player, son of a famous athelete), but it's not all that long. He, too, may be especially equipped to appreciate the pressures of injury, coping with the hanky-panky around the game, etc.  

Interesting the commentators dwell on Sasha, but do not mention Vika's friend. Of course, he doesn't fit well into their fictional narrative of "Arizona Vicki", hunh?

ANY WHO MISSED THE MATCH: ITALY"S SUPERTENNIS IS AGAIN REPLAYING NOW: http://www.freetv-watch..../italy/super-tennis.html

paul_pipkin
#87 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 4:57:43 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: paul_pipkin Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Nazar Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, Vika has some issues--a related one being a little paranoid streak that kicks in under stress (seriously freaked out at Rome a couple of years ago.) I think that quirk also bore on this. But hey, the limitation for a shrink is that a lotta "they"s really are out to get her.  Tough-minded Masha handles such stress much better.

Vika has greatly improved. Credit is being handed to Samuel Sumyk and no doubt due because Sam knows the stressors of the game inside-out. But I wonder if another positive factor might be her boyfriend. I dunno when she hooked up with Sergei Bubka Junior (Ukrainian player, son of a famous athelete), but it's not all that long. He, too, may be especially equipped to appreciate the pressures of injury, coping with the hanky-panky around the game, etc.  

Interesting the commentators dwell on Sasha, but do not mention Vika's friend. Of course, he doesn't fit well into their fictional narrative of "Arizona Vicki", hunh?

ANY WHO MISSED THE MATCH: ITALY"S SUPERTENNIS IS AGAIN REPLAYING NOW: http://www.freetv-watch..../italy/super-tennis.html

I just reviewed the match again. The actual tipping point began late in the 1st after Vika bickered with the ump over a hard call. Asderaki gave Masha 25 30-15 re a complicated issue & Viki got steamed/distracted as Masha held at 54. Paranoia kicked in. I remarked on Shoutbox that Vika would freak if Masha broke. Knowing Vika, she was anxiously visualizing it sli[[ing away from that point. 

Though Masha then blew her break point & dropped the first set, momentum actually had shifted, as we saw in the 2nd before Vika jammed her elbow at 10 30-0. Thus Maria has reason to take confidence she had turned it around three games before the injury.  

Thanx to Dartagnan for image. 

Li-Stosur playing now. Good Meevos Eurosport stream:

http://www.livescorehunt...out=popup&Itemid=286 

Philli
#90 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 9:02:44 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
You just watch...when Maria wipes her nose with the back of her hand...then smears it all over the underside of her chim. What a lady.
clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#92 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 10:13:12 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Maria took the set 7-5. No meltdown please! 1 set away from the final against Sam!

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#93 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 10:28:55 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Sharapova fell! That was like a diving motion she did!

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#94 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 10:36:17 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

After that VERY LONG DRAMATIC GAME WITH THE SHARAPOVA FALL. Maria was able to break back!

1-2 Sharapova to serve. That game I think was about 26 minutes? Not sure.

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#95 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 10:40:09 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Felt a bit that her performance was a bit down after that fall. She was a bit sloppy.?

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#96 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 10:49:34 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Sharapova broke back! 2-3 she's serving next. It's been a trade of breaks so far in this set. 

Let's pray Sharapova holds.

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#97 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 10:53:59 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Sharapova holds to LOVE! 3-3!
clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#98 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 10:59:17 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Sharapova breaks! Yippee! That defensive shot did surprise Wozniacki! 4-3 Sharapova to serve. I can see the finish line now!

clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#99 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 11:03:48 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

If Sharapova wins here, this is the 1st time since AO 08 that she has beaten a world number 1.
She holds! 3-5! 1 more game!
clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#100 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 11:11:30 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

SHE WON!!

SHE WAS JUST SO HAPPY! YEHEY! HER BIGGEST FINAL ON CLAY I THINK?

I AM JUST SO HAPPY!!! Her groundstroke at the end was jsut devastating! She started a bit slow in the second set, but she remained focused all throughout!

Match Statistics:                       Match Time: 1:49

Aces: 0

Double Faults: 3

First Serve %: 74%

Winners:36

Unforced Errors:27

She'll play Sam tomorrow. And believe me, it's going to be difficult. Sam is playing well at the moment. Her serve particularly we'll be so effective in clay. Sharapova should really watch out for it.

Ruyman_Mashalover
#101 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 11:28:37 AM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad she beat her. C'mon Maria!!!!! I hope she wins, but if she doesn't I'm already proud of her. Great match.
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#102 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 11:39:51 AM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Yeah Maria won it and reached the final. To beat Caroline it's tough, so she had to be agressive, but also had to keep the consistency - I mean she couldn't have so many errors and had to have a solid serve, and she did it very well. Congrats to Maria, I'm so proud of her! Tomorrow she will play against Stosur in the final! GO MARIA!
deadchip
#103 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 11:48:10 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Great match for Maria. Excellent quality tennis. She didn't get frustrated with having to hit so many shots. Masha biggest win in quite some time. She is looking more consistent and her serve sems to have become much more steady. Wining the title would be a great confidence builder going into RG, though I think that even if she loses, she will gain some. Beating number 1 in the world!!!! Congratulations. I think that the fact that she hasn't spent a lot of time on court this tourney really really helps!! Come Masha ride the wave!!!
YOU GO GIRL!!! You can do it!!!!
Masha is my #1!!