logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<2324252627>»
SE Champs Miami - A New Hope
paul_pipkin
#482 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:31:55 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

Vera better get it on soon.  

I'm in the Shoutbox on the first forum page.

Vera is working better now. 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Dartagnan
#483 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:40:12 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)
Great battle in the second set of Victoria vs Vera. Vera is improving her tennis game's strategy.
"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#484 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:44:35 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

The stream Zone-In shifted to feed thru al-Jazeera Sport+10 & now there is commentary.

Imnumber2
#485 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:45:31 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Azeranka is playing  a very solid match right now! I still want to see Vera win but............

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
paul_pipkin
#486 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:53:46 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Hey, I'm good with an All-Union State Final, too. 

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#487 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:54:19 PM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)

Victoria is playing very solid today. Vera is trying to play better but Victoria is playing very consistently.

Dartagnan
#488 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:17:25 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br Go to Quoted Post

Victoria is playing very solid today. Vera is trying to play better but Victoria is playing very consistently.

it was a easy victory for Vika; the real battle will start against Masha.

They have the same style. they use long dangerous balls. It is not easy to catch them. Specially for short tennis players like Vera.

I hope Masha will reduce her double faults because Vika plays a good tennis too. 

GOOD VICTORY OF VIKA!!!!!!!!!

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br
#490 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:31:42 PM(UTC)
liliu_wrj@yahoo.com.br

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)

Well, I think this final will be a fantastic one because the players who had played the best tennis throughout the tournament reached it. Victoria had just 9 unforced errors the whole match against Vera, so it tells a lot about why she had won today. Both (Maria and Victoria) showed an amazing fight spirit this tournament, so that's why this final will be a fantastic one.

I barely can wait for Saturday!

katmilr
#491 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:23:29 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)
GO MARIA !!!! So proud of her.
clyde_aya@yahoo.com
#492 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 2:08:21 AM(UTC)
clyde_aya@yahoo.com

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Wow! Can't believe she jsut bageled Zvonareva! She's got a lot of confidence in the Final!

Got to be one of the loudest final in Miami Tournament. :) 

If her serves are up, she'll do good. Azarenka's serve is quite incosistent in some time. It should break down if Maria's return games are on the zone. 

:D Interesting Final. I want to watch it, but I've got to wake up early tomorrow. huhuhuhu. too bad!

M-Lover
#489 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 2:29:30 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Dartagnan Go to Quoted Post

it was a easy victory for Vika 

Dart, no victory is an easy victory. Winning over #2 and #3 back to back is a great feat.

Now the final will be amazing, kind of grunting-vs-shrieking contest. I think I will watch in the mute mode. I care about my ears!

GO MARIA FOR YOUR FIRST TITLE AFTER SO LOOOOOONG.

Brebis
#493 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 5:03:07 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 218 post(s)
Are Maria's post- match interviews somewhere to be found on video / Youtube ?
saloabad
#494 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 5:44:49 AM(UTC)
saloabad

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Gosh I want Maria to win so bad!! She has it in her I think at the end of a match is only nerves who make her not win, last year this tournament was hers, hopefully this year she will win the whole thing! When is the final?

I love you Maria

saggittarian
#495 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 5:56:15 AM(UTC)
saggittarian

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Shame that Vera lost to Victoria. I was looking forward to a Vera vs Maria match. It will be a tough match tomorrow but as long as Maria continues to be positive, have the fighting spirit and spark she WILL win. I wonder what time it will be on. Not too late I hope as I can't wait.

giane
#496 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 6:49:08 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
how's the match with petko? seems everybody got excited! hmmmm, i am now looking for vid clips of their match.. OTOH, im happy she's into the finals.. she really proved it! now back on track! now on top 10.. we gotta watch her ranking now.. weeeeeeeeeeeee ;D
Philli
#497 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 9:21:41 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

I had intended to post something funny about Philli Wan and Master Thomas, but after reading Maria's interview it pissed me off so bad.  She made the silly jealous sarcastic remark (twice) about Andrea losing because she was tired from all that dancing.  How tasteless can you get?  Fact is, Maria has absolutely no personality or character to project to the fans on court whatsoever, and is jealous when others have.  You know back in 2007 she would still go to Players Parties even when she had withdrawn from the event because, back then, she was the centre of attention.  Now she says she doesn't enjoy the players parties any more and doesn't like going to them.  Why?, because  nobody bothers with her now  because there are so many other pretty, sexy dressed girls on the tour now.  Nobody cares for an old maid who wears vintage outfits that her granny used to wear.

I hope Vika thrashes her ass off.

robb
#498 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 9:50:35 AM(UTC)
robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)

[quote=Philli;306660]

I had intended to post something funny about Philli Wan and Master Thomas, but after reading Maria's interview it pissed me off so bad.  She made the silly jealous sarcastic remark (twice) about Andrea losing because she was tired from all that dancing.  How tasteless can you get?  Fact is, Maria has absolutely no personality or character to project to the fans on court whatsoever, and is jealous when others have.  You know back in 2007 she would still go to Players Parties even when she had withdrawn from the event because, back then, she was the centre of attention.  Now she says she doesn't enjoy the players parties any more and doesn't like going to them.  Why?, because  nobody bothers with her now  because there are so many other pretty, sexy dressed girls on the tour now.  Nobody cares for an old maid who wears vintage outfits that her granny used to wear.

I don't get why you are even on here. Ok Maria isn't perfect, but then who is? And she does have 4 million facebook fans, sliightly more than the rest of the top 10 put together! So she must be doing something right.

As for the final, of course it will be difficult. But win or lose, there is no doubt MARIA HAS MADE SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS IN THE LAST 2 TOURNAMENTS....... beating players  the like of whom she has been losing to over the last 6 months and more. Whatever happens, we are right behind you Maria.........the fans have stuck with her through thick and thin. That says it all.

Ruyman_Mashalover
#500 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 10:14:38 AM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
My Goodness!I'm so pissed off. Why do they change my password so many times? I've been having troubles with it for quite a while and also with my messenger account and have not been able to post another reply till now. Anyway, so glad Maria made the final.

I like Azarenka, but I really wanted Vera in the final. I think for some reason, even though she's ranked no.3, she'd be not as hard to beat as Azarenka for Maria. I mean sometimes you kind of keep it going, you know, winning against a player, and I think that's what's happened between Masha and Vera, Maria has won most of their matches, and I think she could have won that match. But she'll have to face Azarenka, who seems to be playing quite well lately. Let's just hope for the best.
CROUCHING TIGER
#501 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 10:32:07 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)

Condamned until the end of days, Philli Wan's lightsaber kept on slaughtering without pity.

Under attack by many virgin-white stormtroopers in TIE-fighters she took her stand, as

always. She fled to her Death Star knowing all to well her day would come...one day, come what may.

RESPECT THY ENEMIES...IN THAT LAST BATTLE U MAY NEED THEM!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#499 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 10:37:12 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Originally Posted by: Philli Go to Quoted Post

...vintage outfits that her granny used to wear.  

C'mon, Philli. Lighten up. Everybody jokes about the Petkodance--not least Andrea herself.

Acutually, I recall Masha's skepticism at player parties back then. Most Tour parties are "hen parties" and Maria is rather a "man's woman" -- as most "daddy's girls" grow up to be. lol

Now, Vika is a difficult contender when she's playing like she can--as she did last night. They have very similar approaches, the long balls 'n all, as well as approximate decibels...

And this, which most forget: Masha is a citizen of the Federation but, by extraction, she is Belarusian. Looking from Minsk, the final is a duel between an expat & an émigrée.

Head-to-head is level at two wins each.  Should be exciting.

Davaiii, Maria!!!