logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<1718192021>»
Beijing China Open, Oct 2 - 10
COUNT_ZERO
#76 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 12:19:31 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
[quote user="Nella"][quote user="Imnumber2"]

Something is not right and I think she should just return to USA and prepare for next year. Right now it's been horrible for her and such a waste of time. A HUGE WASTE OF TIME

[/quote] I don't see Maria hanging around for 2 weeks in Europe before the Moscow tournament starts. I think she will go back to LA and stay there the rest of the year.[/quote]

i think she will be in LA till NBA kicks off and this is 26 Oct.. pretty sure u know why Nella  ..... after she will be in FL back @ IMG for practice .....  

COUNT_ZERO
#71 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 12:24:43 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="Riad Basrawi"][quote user="Nella"][quote user="Imnumber2"]

Something is not right and I think she should just return to USA and prepare for next year. Right now it's been horrible for her and such a waste of time. A HUGE WASTE OF TIME

[/quote] I don't see Maria hanging around for 2 weeks in Europe before the Moscow tournament starts. I think she will go back to LA and stay there the rest of the year.[/quote]

From where you know this?

[/quote]

how she knows that ... well its simple: she just knows it!..... NO she doesn't.. just kiddin ... but to be honest i would do the same ... and this is the most reasonable decision to be made. she needs to regroup and get back to  hard work during the break till next season kicks off in January .. and i am  pretty sure that's what she will do ...   

1 user thanked COUNT_ZERO for this useful post.
Riad Basrawi on 3/10/2011(UTC)
katmilr
#264 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 1:28:41 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)

Maria ...[:(]. She must be so frustrated with all these losses.

How does she get back on track and rebuild her ranking at this point?

COUNT_ZERO
#72 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 1:50:40 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

Masha interview after the match. I told u guys that something went wrong after the US Open.... at least she is honest about her situation and hopefully she has a plan in getting better 

"I'm definitely not as good as I wanted to be," Sharapova said. "After the US Open I wasn't able to train as much as I would've wanted to, and I feel like the last couple of weeks I've just been trying to play catch-up. My rhythm hasn't been where it should be. Obviously it's disappointing, but I've lost and won many matches in my career. I'll just have to regroup and move forward."

Sharapova was very gracious in defeat: "I have to give a lot of credit to my opponent. She played extremely well. She was really aggressive and hit the ball really deep and consistently. I wasn't able to do the things I do. She served extremely well and had me off-balance. It was definitely her day."

COUNT_ZERO
#73 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 2:05:17 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

Masha is making it "clear" in a diplomatic way that there will be a change in her staff... The major point today was the "bad practice" she got after US Open .... and most probably over the whole year .. so she is indirectly  pointing out Joyce as one of the responsible one .. and she is totally right here cuz he is the one who settles down the practice sessions and the practice program ... so my honestly opinion is that Guys get ready for Yuri Part 2! 
Nella
#323 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 3:13:40 PM(UTC)

[quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="Nella"][quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="Nella"]

Maria; What more do you want !!  Your next round opponent Azarenka out and also Jancovic is gone so you can get far in the draw if YOU what to.

Stay calm , do not risk too much on your serves and you are able to get for in the tournament , only it YOU want that !!  Just do it !  [Y]

[/quote]

goooodd morning Nella.. hope u slept well  

[/quote] Good morning to you too ! Should you not be in bed !  It's 3 am in Florida at the moment.[/quote]

Yes i live in Bradenton but right now i am in London ..... visiting a tennis clinic in north London ....  

[/quote] Why are you visiting a tennis clinic in London where Bradenton has the best academy in the world ?
COUNT_ZERO
#99 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 4:03:13 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="Nella"][quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="Nella"][quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="Nella"]

Maria; What more do you want !!  Your next round opponent Azarenka out and also Jancovic is gone so you can get far in the draw if YOU what to.

Stay calm , do not risk too much on your serves and you are able to get for in the tournament , only it YOU want that !!  Just do it !  [Y]

[/quote]

goooodd morning Nella.. hope u slept well  

[/quote] Good morning to you too ! Should you not be in bed !  It's 3 am in Florida at the moment.[/quote]

Yes i live in Bradenton but right now i am in London ..... visiting a tennis clinic in north London ....  

[/quote] Why are you visiting a tennis clinic in London where Bradenton has the best academy in the world ?[/quote]

because IMG wants to invest some money in this clinic and support all the wonderful kids and people that work here .. and yes IMG Academy in Bradenton is the best in the world  

CROUCHING TIGER
#150 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 12:51:44 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
Yanina Wickmayer is also part of IMG. Ever seen her there and what do u think she'll do in the future; especially with that "where-abouts"-scandal...WADA still must pronounce a sentence in 2011?

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
giane
#238 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:41:29 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
i have some difficulty of who to cheer up.. vera or makiri.. good luck to both of them.. latest score: 75 32.. makiri leads
Riad Basrawi
#404 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 7:42:45 AM(UTC)
Riad Basrawi

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Ok, thanks a lot, Count_Zero, what you are writing sounds realistic. You are from the town, where Maria is living. Did you ever see her or did you see her, while she is playing tennis or something similar? I hope, that this question is not to personell! Greetings, RIAD! 
giane
#220 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 7:48:56 AM(UTC)
giane

amazing! Vera won!!! :D congrats! Davai on the next round girl! God bless.. [A]
COUNT_ZERO
#74 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:31:30 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="Riad Basrawi"]Ok, thanks a lot, Count_Zero, what you are writing sounds realistic. You are from the town, where Maria is living. Did you ever see her or did you see her, while she is playing tennis or something similar? I hope, that this question is not to personell! Greetings, RIAD! [/quote]

haha np Riad. it's not a problem for u asking me this ... i am working with Bill Norris (former ATP Trainer)  @ IMG Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Bradenton FL... where Maria is training .. about seeing Maria ... i see her almost every time  she is here in FL .. and we know each other .... as well i know her staff very well... also some other known names i know are JJ the Williams sisters .... Brad Gilbert ... and many more :).. 

COUNT_ZERO
#100 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:44:23 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]Yanina Wickmayer is also part of IMG. Ever seen her there and what do u think she'll do in the future; especially with that "where-abouts"-scandal...WADA still must pronounce a sentence in 2011?[/quote]

As far as i know about Yanina she is not an IMG Alumni Tiger... she is training @ the tennis academy in Saddlebrook, Florida ...She got an offer to stay at the Bolletierri Academy, but didn’t. 

As far as concerning the where-abuts scandal all i know is that on 10-01-2009, it was announced that Wickmayer and fellow Belgian tennis professional Xavier Malisse ( which is an IMG Alumni) were to defend themselves before the Flemish anti-doping tribunal for failing to properly fill out their whereabouts. She said in her defense that the failure to follow procedure was due to her not being able to log on to the relevant website, not being able to contact the right people when needed, and not being in the country when written admonitions arrived by mail.. that's how i remember the storyline... @ the tribunal on October 22, 2009 the prosecution did not ask for a ban, but rather for a "principal restraint" of the facts that they were being accused of, and as such it was expected that this would not cause any problems for both..... In Nov  2009 the decision of the tribunal was announced, and both players were banned for one year......but they appealed the decision and  Wickmayer's  ban was lifted somewhere in December as far as i remember...

so i guess i answered ur question at least as far as i know about it :)  

Riad Basrawi
#405 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:54:28 AM(UTC)
Riad Basrawi

Hello COUNT_ZERO! Thanks agaion for the kind answers of my questions! I still can not believe, that you know her and that you see her almost every time! This is really fantastic! I am from Hanover in Germany, I don't know, if you were ever in Germany or if you know this town! But to get to Florida one day would be my dream! When I will have the chance, I think, I will move from Germany to Florida, why not Bradenton! Whenever I will be there I will contact you, of course only when you allow this! Anyway I hope to hear from you soon and again: Thank you very much for answering so quickly! To be honest, I really would like to see Maria playing tennis! May be one day In will! Bye for the moment! RIAD
COUNT_ZERO
#75 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:00:54 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="Riad Basrawi"]Hello COUNT_ZERO! Thanks agaion for the kind answers of my questions! I still can not believe, that you know her and that you see her almost every time! This is really fantastic! I am from Hanover in Germany, I don't know, if you were ever in Germany or if you know this town! But to get to Florida one day would be my dream! When I will have the chance, I think, I will move from Germany to Florida, why not Bradenton! Whenever I will be there I will contact you, of course only when you allow this! Anyway I hope to hear from you soon and again: Thank you very much for answering so quickly! To be honest, I really would like to see Maria playing tennis! May be one day In will! Bye for the moment! RIAD[/quote]

np Riad any time .. take it easy m8 

Riad Basrawi
#406 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:02:43 AM(UTC)
Riad Basrawi

[Y] Thank you, of course I will take it easy. It is just an idea! I am from profession a civil engineer and I studied in Hanover 24 years ago! May I will get a chance from this side! [:)]
CROUCHING TIGER
#151 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 12:33:39 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
[quote user="COUNT_ZERO"]

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]Yanina Wickmayer is also part of IMG. Ever seen her there and what do u think she'll do in the future; especially with that "where-abouts"-scandal...WADA still must pronounce a sentence in 2011?[/quote]

As far as i know about Yanina she is not an IMG Alumni Tiger... she is training @ the tennis academy in Saddlebrook, Florida ...She got an offer to stay at the Bolletierri Academy, but didn’t. 

As far as concerning the where-abuts scandal all i know is that on 10-01-2009, it was announced that Wickmayer and fellow Belgian tennis professional Xavier Malisse ( which is an IMG Alumni) were to defend themselves before the Flemish anti-doping tribunal for failing to properly fill out their whereabouts. She said in her defense that the failure to follow procedure was due to her not being able to log on to the relevant website, not being able to contact the right people when needed, and not being in the country when written admonitions arrived by mail.. that's how i remember the storyline... @ the tribunal on October 22, 2009 the prosecution did not ask for a ban, but rather for a "principal restraint" of the facts that they were being accused of, and as such it was expected that this would not cause any problems for both..... In Nov  2009 the decision of the tribunal was announced, and both players were banned for one year......but they appealed the decision and  Wickmayer's  ban was lifted somewhere in December as far as i remember...

so i guess i answered ur question at least as far as i know about it :)  

[/quote] Yes, we'll see. I'm surprised Wicky isn't an IMG Alumni. It's IMG that arranged her double with Masha...they never played. Thx.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Mashafan124
#296 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:03:01 PM(UTC)

Count Zero, you see Maria almost all the time? That's great; why don't you give her some advice about her game? Namely getting rid of Michael Joyce and getting Yuri back as her coach. Another one; working on her serve, adjusting her ball toss and I mean tossing the ball lower. Tell her that she is tossing the ball way too high, and to work on her fitness. She has to find a way to get rid of all those double faults. And even though she's said she's training hard, she's obviously not training hard enough or she would already be back in the top 10 by now. I'm not sure she actually knows what she needs to do. Her game is in a complete mess, and it would be nice if someone could tell her what she needs to do, otherwise this vicious cycle is just going to continue. So you see her all the time? You tell her that. She needs to get her game back on track, and quickly. If her poor form continues through 2011, then I don't think she will ever get back on top. Women's tennis is really incosistent at the moment, there are new players emerging all the time and the competition is getting tougher, if you're not improving, you're going to fall behind. The damage has already been done, we can't change what has happened these past 3 years, but we can focus on the future. Maria looks completely lost with her game at the moment. I don't think she knows what she needs to do, someone has to give her some help. Her results are embarrasing and mediocre for a 3-time grand slam champion. She has made one grand slam quarterfinal since winning the Australian Open in 08, which was last year's French Open. Pretty surprising. Hasn't even gone deep at Wimbledon or the US Open since 2006. Another thing is that she claims her shoulder is healthy, which it must be, so why is she continously losing like this? To be honest, I don't know what to except from her in 2011. She could come at the Australian Open and win the whole thing, or she could end up losing in the 1st round again. If she wants to make it past the 4th round at a grand slam again, there is some work that needs to be done. I don't expect her to win a major in 2011, but maybe if she could start making grand SF's again it would be a good thing, and then could win a major in 2012. 2010 has just been a complete waste of a year.

giane
#221 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:17:09 PM(UTC)
giane

An interview with:MARIA SHARAPOVA

2010-10-07 11:19

5 October 2010

E. VESNINA/M. Sharapova

7 6, 6 2

THE INTERPRETER:  Questions, please。

Q.  It's turning out to be a bad end of the season for you, isn't it?

MARIA SHARAPOVA:  Yeah, I'm definitely not as good as I wanted to
be.  But, you know, I didn't really have a great preparation coming
into these last couple tournaments.  You know, after the Open I wasn't
really able to    I didn't train as much as I wanted to, and I feel
like the last couple of weeks I have just been trying to play catchup。

Going on the court hasn't    my rhythm hasn't been where it should
be.  So obviously it's disappointing, but I've lost and won many
matches in my career.  You know, you just have to regroup and find a
way to, you know, to improve things and get better and look forward to
a new season。

Q.  What is your schedule for the rest of the season?

MARIA SHARAPOVA:  I'm not sure, actually.  I think I'm scheduled to play Moscow, but I don't know.  We'll see。

Q.  (Through translation。)  This should be your first completed
season after the injury.  Before the start of the season, have you had
any plan about the ranking position or any special goal?

MARIA SHARAPOVA:  I'm not really at a point in my career where I
focus so much about numbers, and I actually never really have been
throughout even the juniors and working my way up to a professional
level.  I just    my goal was always just to try to beat my next
opponent, whoever that was。

The more wins you have, obviously the better your ranking is going
to be.  I mean, there's no secret to that.  That's always my goal。

Q.  Is there one thing you can pinpoint about today's match? 
Watching you, it just looked like you were constantly a little bit
behind her and had to keep catching up.  Was there one thing that let
you down, or was it just    you said your preparation was a little bit
lacking.  Is it an overall thing?

MARIA SHARAPOVA:  I have to give a lot of credit to my opponent,
because I think she played extremely well, the best that she's played
against me。

She was really aggressive, she hit the ball really deep today and
really consistently, as well.  That kind of kept me on the defense, and
I was never really able to step in and do things that I do well and
never really was able to cut off the angles。

She served extremely well and really had me off balance and took
advantage of the first balls, you know, and it was definitely her day。

Q.  I noticed you struggled with your serve a little bit, dropping
a couple of critical double faults.  I was wondering if that was a lack
of opportunity to train, or was something else playing into that?

MARIA SHARAPOVA:  Yeah, a little bit, and I think it was just
errors just all around the game and it just kind of added up.  You
know, I was giving her way too many looks on second serves, and, you
know, she was hitting away。

That put a little bit more thought into my mind that I had to go
for a little bit more than I actually had to, and that creates errors. 
Yeah, so it was just a combination of, you know, errors all around the
game。

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

COUNT_ZERO
#77 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:09:46 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="Mashafan124"]

Count Zero, you see Maria almost all the time? That's great; why don't you give her some advice about her game? Namely getting rid of Michael Joyce and getting Yuri back as her coach. Another one; working on her serve, adjusting her ball toss and I mean tossing the ball lower. Tell her that she is tossing the ball way too high, and to work on her fitness. She has to find a way to get rid of all those double faults. And even though she's said she's training hard, she's obviously not training hard enough or she would already be back in the top 10 by now. I'm not sure she actually knows what she needs to do. Her game is in a complete mess, and it would be nice if someone could tell her what she needs to do, otherwise this vicious cycle is just going to continue. So you see her all the time? You tell her that. She needs to get her game back on track, and quickly. If her poor form continues through 2011, then I don't think she will ever get back on top. Women's tennis is really incosistent at the moment, there are new players emerging all the time and the competition is getting tougher, if you're not improving, you're going to fall behind. The damage has already been done, we can't change what has happened these past 3 years, but we can focus on the future. Maria looks completely lost with her game at the moment. I don't think she knows what she needs to do, someone has to give her some help. Her results are embarrasing and mediocre for a 3-time grand slam champion. She has made one grand slam quarterfinal since winning the Australian Open in 08, which was last year's French Open. Pretty surprising. Hasn't even gone deep at Wimbledon or the US Open since 2006. Another thing is that she claims her shoulder is healthy, which it must be, so why is she continously losing like this? To be honest, I don't know what to except from her in 2011. She could come at the Australian Open and win the whole thing, or she could end up losing in the 1st round again. If she wants to make it past the 4th round at a grand slam again, there is some work that needs to be done. I don't expect her to win a major in 2011, but maybe if she could start making grand SF's again it would be a good thing, and then could win a major in 2012. 2010 has just been a complete waste of a year.

[/quote]

m8 great post  .. again i see Masha when she is practicing and we know each other pretty well  .. but dont worry cuz she has an entire team around her to tell her what to do ..... about all the advice u gave her in this post, trust me she know already about her problems ... and she is taking action towards solving this issues ... one example that she is taking actions  is that she withdraw from KC and got back to the US...... ill keep u updated with news about her praparation as soon as i have any ....