logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages<12345>»
Kremlin Cup 2010_16-24 october 2010
dinara :D
#86 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 9:31:14 PM(UTC)
dinara :D

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
RUSSIANS! Haha. Davai! I am really glad that Maria will play in Moscow. So as Dinara and hopefully Lena too. [:D]
Nella
#162 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 2:03:00 AM(UTC)

[quote user="giane"][quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="giane"]

vaya! and Dianara too! wow.. just hope they will not be at early round.. i mean them all..

hmmm. i am afraid, your Lenochka is not on the list??[:^)]

i gotta check her sched btw.. :D

[/quote]

Elena is a KC Champion (2007--first time she beat Serena.) . She's scheduled to play both Tokyo & Beijing, so perhaps waiting to see how things go at Tokyo before opting for three events back-to-back. See, there's a CHANCE she might become eligible for YEC--and WTA has seen to it that KC & YEC effectively conflict.

[/quote]

So she has a wildcard whenever she wants it    (THIS IS AWESOME! WOW.. GOOD FOR HER!)

SO TOKYO WILL BE HER WARM UP FOR THE 3 EVENTS BACK TO BACK.. [Y] i am not that worried with the busy sched since, she had been through with the same stuffs previously.. i mean, in terms of back to back events..

[/quote] Hi, It's not 3 events back to back !  There is a week in between China and Moskow.
paul_pipkin
#229 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:08:09 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)
[quote user="Nella"][quote user="giane"][quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="giane"]

vaya! and Dianara too! wow.. just hope they will not be at early round.. i mean them all..

[/quote]

Elena is a KC Champion (2007--first time she beat Serena.) . She's scheduled to play both Tokyo & Beijing, so perhaps waiting to see how things go at Tokyo before opting for three events back-to-back. See, there's a CHANCE she might become eligible for YEC--and WTA has seen to it that KC & YEC effectively conflict.

[/quote]

So she has a wildcard whenever she wants it    (THIS IS AWESOME! WOW.. GOOD FOR HER!)

SO TOKYO WILL BE HER WARM UP FOR THE 3 EVENTS BACK TO BACK.. [Y] i am not that worried with the busy sched since, she had been through with the same stuffs previously.. i mean, in terms of back to back events..

[/quote] Hi, It's not 3 events back to back !  There is a week in between China and Moskow.[/quote]

Nella is correct. Tokyo & Beijing are back-to-back, then a week open, then Moscow & Doha YEC are back-to-back. (Oh, there's one day between... big deal...)

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
giane
#116 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 3:21:31 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="Nella"][quote user="giane"][quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="giane"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Hi, It's not 3 events back to back !  There is a week in between China and Moskow.[/quote]

Nella is correct. Tokyo & Beijing are back-to-back, then a week open, then Moscow & Doha YEC are back-to-back. (Oh, there's one day between... big deal...)

[/quote] 

aw.. i see.. thanks for correcting me.. then it will be great that she'll be having enough time to rest prepare for  Moscow event.. :D

yvonne08
#258 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 10:30:59 AM(UTC)
yvonne08

[quote user="Philli"]

Right Paul.  The date is right...not back to back and there are not too many big guns playing there.  And, she needs to start making some brownie points with the Homeland if she's to weasel her way back into the Fed Cup Team again in preperation for 2012.  

If memory serves me correctly...and it does...The last time she played here she was beaten in the first round by Viki.

[/quote]

As far as I know she lost in her 2nd round match, not the 1st round :D

Dartagnan
#54 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 6:09:48 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)
[quote user="yvonne08"][quote user="Philli"]

Right Paul.  The date is right...not back to back and there are not too many big guns playing there.  And, she needs to start making some brownie points with the Homeland if she's to weasel her way back into the Fed Cup Team again in preperation for 2012.  

If memory serves me correctly...and it does...The last time she played here she was beaten in the first round by Viki.

[/quote]

[/quote]

What is very important for Maria Sharapova is the fact that she always shows willpower and never refuses to improve her tennis even if she is not at the top of her career now.

But her effort and courage will reward her very soon. She will be even better and will have a better ranking.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Liquid
#138 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 1:53:08 AM(UTC)
Liquid

[quote user="Dartagnan"][quote user="yvonne08"][quote user="Philli"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What is very important for Maria Sharapova is the fact that she always shows willpower and never refuses to improve her tennis even if she is not at the top of her career now.

But her effort and courage will reward her very soon. She will be even better and will have a better ranking.

[/quote] [Y]

I agree

CROUCHING TIGER
#32 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 12:01:11 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1722 post(s)
Seen the way Masha improves those last months i think that's a "YES![Y]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
mashadabest
#149 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 1:19:38 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

If Maria plays Kremlin Cup, we must access Russian media to get the real story. I'll show you why:
Masha played Fed Cup in Jan 2008 against Israel. BEFORE the behavior of
Shahar Peer & her supporters turned so disgraceful that Western
press opted to "erase the memory" of that entire Fed Cup tie, there were
a raft of LIES published that caused some distress on this forum. Some
were absurd, like Maria allegedly buying Israeli real estate, Peer
claiming that Dementieva (who wasn't even there) had made scurrilous
remarks about Maria & Team Russia... dreck like that.

[/quote]

OMG I still remember that Russia-Israel tie, my gosh that was the worst crowd I've seen at any sporting event EVER. They were disgusting!  As for Peer I didn't know she said that about Elena, gosh she's a b*tch!

paul_pipkin
#166 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 2:41:19 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

If Maria plays Kremlin Cup, we must access Russian media to get the real story. I'll show you why: Masha played Fed Cup in Jan 2008 against Israel. BEFORE the behavior of Shahar Peer & her supporters turned so disgraceful that Western press opted to "erase the memory" of that entire Fed Cup tie, there were a raft of LIES published that caused some distress on this forum. Some were absurd, like Maria allegedly buying Israeli real estate, Peer claiming that Dementieva (who wasn't even there) had made scurrilous remarks about Maria & Team Russia... dreck like that.

[/quote]

OMG I still remember that Russia-Israel tie, my gosh that was the worst crowd I've seen at any sporting event EVER. They were disgusting!  As for Peer I didn't know she said that about Elena, gosh she's a b*tch!

[/quote]

As I totally dislike Peer for that and other reasons, I'll exert myself to be fair. We cannot know what came outta Shahar's mouth. The story was apparently from a trashy Italian tabloid citing Israeli sources. What we DID know was, whatever Elena thought about Sharapova, she would NEVER dis Team Russia in any way.

That kinda slander COUNTS on ignorance. The trash-talkers assumed we wouldn't know: Only a couple of years earlier Lenochka defended Masha & her father in a press conference and rebuked press attempts to stir dissention in Team Russia. Like most of the Muscovite players then, she was unsure what she thought of Sharapova, and her friend Myskina actively disliked Maria & Yuri. But she stood up. Dementieva of Russia will always stand up. [A]

The mouthpieces knew that a whole gang of their lies were about to be exposed & went into overkill when the Russians came to the Plain of Sharon. Indeed, it turned out a great moment in Russian women's tennis. Masha drove Peer's hooligans up the wall when she dismissively shushed them. Then Chaki, reminding us of Rus origins, went berserker & launched the famous Chak-Attack on her opponents AND the howling mob.

By the time it was over, Muscovite Chaki developed a crush on Masha and it was just about the end of anti-Sharapova sh!t-stirring getting any noticable traction in Russia. lol.

They WILL continue trying to sell it in the West, imagining we won't go to Russian sources and will only view Kremlin Cup with the "appropriate mediation" of Western commentary. [:P] That's why we gotta think, seek, and listen "outside the box".

Liquid
#139 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 2:47:59 PM(UTC)
Liquid

If Maria plays Kremlin Cup, we must access Russian media to get the real story. I'll show you why:

[/quote]

[/quote]

That crowd was truly awful. It was simply rudeness and severely obnoxious behaviour.

I commend Maria for how she didn't let those mindless twerps get to her.

Liquid
#140 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 2:48:08 PM(UTC)
Liquid

[/quote]

[/quote]

That crowd was truly awful. It was simply rudeness and severely obnoxious behaviour.

I commend Maria for how she didn't let those mindless twerps get to her.

paul_pipkin
#167 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:42:25 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

22.09.2010 Shamil Tarpishchev: there will be no insignificant matches at Kremlin Cup-2010!

«Kremlin Cup is in the top-6 world's best tennis tournaments. For this reason, of course, the composition of players is imposing. But there is still an intrigue: both male and female lists will possibly be augmented with extra strongest tennis players, including perhaps even Serena Williams. So we can not say that the current lists are in their final version.

Speaking about foreign players, I’d rather mention Tsonga. I think the audience will like him. He’s interesting, even unique player. His style of playing, speed, demeanour will be attractive for fans. The same thing was with Safin. When he played, people came to watch him, no matter if he was in good shape or not, they wanted just to see his match. I think Tsonga has got the same charm and charisma as Marat does.

Another interesting player is Marcos Baghdatis. We can expect any result: he plays fast and he’s got good technique. Tipsarević after his marriage [:)] has shown phenomenal results – he won two gold points for Serbia in the Davis Cup. Also Ukrainian players Sergei Stakhovsky, Oleksandr Dolgopolov and Ilia Marchenko are in good shape. But their style is very familiar to us, they represent our Soviet tennis school, and we are really glad that Ukraine has got such strong players.

([8] ...admit that the waters around you have grown... for the times, they are a'changing... [8] -- Bob Dylan [H])

If talking about potential winners, I can say that the struggle will be really hard as all the players are of the similar high level. Hard fights can be expected just from the first rounds – all the matches will be interesting! But, of course, first of all, we are awaiting the results of our players. Nikolay Davydenko and Mikhail Youzhny play wonderfully at the moment. Both of them are able to win the Kremlin Cup. It would be a real celebration for the Russian fans!

We look forward to seeing a bright struggle between women as well. This year our girls had a lot of injuries. But fortunately it’s over, and now Dementieva, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Sharapova increase their good results. We’ll be happy to see any Russian girl as a winner of the Kremlin Cup!

In Russia our tennis players always play better, so I hope that the love of tennis fans and special Moscow mood will help Russian tennis players to win the competition, which for more than 20 years maintains good tennis image of Russia.

http://www.kremlincup.ru/db/news/1414

Президент ФТР в преддверии турнира поделился мнением о составе игроков Кубка Кремля-2010 22.09.2010

«Кубок Кремля входит в топовую шестёрку лучших мировых теннисных турниров. Поэтому, конечно, состав представительный. Но по-прежнему сохраняется интрига: и женская, и мужская сетки, возможно, пополнятся ещё рядом сильнейших теннисистов, не исключён даже приезд Серены Уильямс. Так что нельзя сказать, что нынешний сильный состав у нас окончательный.

Что касается зарубежных игроков, то, я думаю, Тсонга порадует зрителей. Интересный, даже уникальный игрок. Его стиль игры, скорость, манера держаться будут привлекательны для болельщиков. Это примерно тот случай, что был с Сафиным. Когда он играл, люди шли на него, в какой бы форме он ни был, просто чтобы посмотреть именно его игру. Думаю, Тсонга обладает тем же шармом и обаянием, которые присущи Марату.

Ещё интересный игрок Маркос Багдатис. От него можно ждать любого результата, он играет быстро, технично, он интересен по технико-тактическим данным. Типсаревич после женитьбы показал феноменальные результаты, завоевал для Сербии два золотых очка в Кубке Дэвиса. Хорошо в последнее время проявились украинские игроки Сергей Стаховский, Александр Долгополов и Илья Марченко. Но стиль их нам понятен и знаком, они представляют нашу советскую теннисную школу, и можно только порадоваться за Украину, что у страны такие сильные спортсмены.

Если говорить об основных претендентах на победу, то стоит отметить, что состав очень плотный и ожесточённой борьбы можно ожидать с первого же круга соревнований – проходящих матчей не будет! Но, конечно, прежде всего мы ждём результатов от наших спортсменов. Прекрасно сейчас выступают Николай Давыденко и Михаил Южный. Оба они способны одержать победу в Кубке Кремля. Это был бы настоящий праздник для российских болельщиков!

Мы ожидаем яркой борьбы и от женщин. Они у нас в этом году несправедливо обижены в силу травм. Но поголовный травматизм, который был в течение всего года, к счастью, закончился, и сейчас Дементьева, Звонарёва, Кузнецова, Шарапова идут в своих результатах по возрастающей. Хотелось бы, чтобы кто-то из наших девушек в очередной  раз выиграл Кубок Кремля!

В родных стенах наши спортсмены всегда играют лучше, так что любовь теннисных болельщиков и особая московская аура должны помочь нашим теннисистам выиграть соревнования, которые вот уже более 20 лет поддерживают доброе имя России».

Dartagnan
#55 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:07:53 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

What is more important in life, it is the good relationship and friendship between people.

http://img0.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/c/0//53/454/53454668_23a52d95042a.jpg

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Liquid
#141 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:07:55 AM(UTC)
Liquid

[quote user="Dartagnan"]

What is more important in life, it is the good relationship and friendship between people.

[/quote] What a great picture of the two greatest legends of Russian tennis!
Dartagnan
#56 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:11:46 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

[quote user="Liquid"][quote user="Dartagnan"]

[/quote] What a great picture of the two greatest legends of Russian tennis![/quote]

You are right. Nobody could replace them for a very long time in Russian tennis history. 

They are the best and Maria hasn't told her last word yet. Plenty of interesting tournaments are waiting her.

shrapi
#247 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 12:26:17 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

A " home " win would mean very much for her.

( but for all the other russian girls too )

It will not be easy at all.

paul_pipkin
#168 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:58:40 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Serena coming. Lenochka not so much. From KC site: http://www.kremlincup.ru/db/news/1417 

27.09.2010 Serena Williams is to play the tournament

The 1st-ranked Sony Ericsson WTA Tour player Serena Williams is obviously going to arrive to 2010 Moscow Kremlin Cup. The tournament visa service confirms that the Russian visa support was requested by Serena Williams and her team including her coach Aleksandara Bazhina.

Thw agent of Serena Dzhil Smoller has already sent all necessary documents. Serena Williams and her team will receive visas at Russian consulate in Los Angeles.

Dementieva will play Luxembourg, not Moscow.

Elena enters Luxembourg
23rd September 2010
Elena has been awarded a wildcard for the BGL BNP Paribas Open in Luxembourg which begins on October 18th.

Luxembourg is a International $220K event played indoors.  Elena has played this event twice before and her best result was winning it in 2008.

Dartagnan
#57 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 5:28:45 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Serena coming. Lenochka not so much. From KC site: http://www.kremlincup.ru/db/news/1417 

The 1st-ranked Sony Ericsson WTA Tour player Serena Williams is obviously going to arrive to 2010 Moscow Kremlin Cup. The tournament visa service confirms that the Russian visa support was requested by Serena Williams and her team including her coach Aleksandara Bazhina.

Thw agent of Serena Dzhil Smoller has already sent all necessary documents. Serena Williams and her team will receive visas at Russian consulate in Los Angeles.

Elena enters Luxembourg
23rd September 2010
Elena has been awarded a wildcard for the BGL BNP Paribas Open in Luxembourg which begins on October 18th.

Luxembourg is a International $220K event played indoors.  Elena has played this event twice before and her best result was winning it in 2008.

[/quote]

This trophy is very important for Serena. She wants to win the Kremlin Cup in 2010. She knows that the Russian girls are very strong. 

If the Russian girls win the US open trophy so Serena as a US citizen wants to win the Kremlin cup. It is normal and logical.  Elena has already won it so she won't be at this tournament.

But this year the mayor of Moscow Luzhkov won't be present at the final and on pictures. There will be a new mayor of Moscow.

Anyway Luzhkov had a good time!!!!! 

Just imagine a new picture at the final with Sharapova, Serena and the new mayor of Moscow. 

Elena Dementieva, Serena Williams

paul_pipkin
#169 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:55:57 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Dartagnan"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Elena enters Luxembourg
23rd September 2010

[/quote]

This trophy is very important for Serena. She wants to win the Kremlin Cup in 2010. She knows that the Russian girls are very strong. 

If the Russian girls win the US open trophy so Serena as a US citizen wants to win the Kremlin cup. It is normal and logical.  Elena has already won it so she won't be at this tournament.

But this year the mayor of Moscow Luzhkov won't be present at the final and on pictures. There will be a new mayor of Moscow.

Anyway Luzhkov had a good time!!!!! 

Just imagine a new picture at the final with Sharapova, Serena and the new mayor of Moscow. 

Elena Dementieva, Serena Williams

[/quote]

I shall miss Luzhkov. But as you say, he had a good run--and his wife is a billionaire so he ain't hurting. [H]

That 2007 final and the ceremonies that followed were very interesting. Back then, RTR was pumping out global stream, so I was able to see and hear a lot--unmediated by the West. AND, because the finialist was an unilingual American, the courteous Muscovites translated most of what they said! [:)] Elena made a point to credit her local sport club: The Red Army Club. [;)]

But here was the wild thing--and I'm glad I captured the SopCast stream on a file so I can make people believe this actually came outta Serena's mouth. You gotta understand that her mum, Oracene Price, LIKES the Russians and in particular, though Elena was kicking her daughter's ass (first time she'd beaten Serena), Oracene enthusiastically applauded Lenochka!

Then Serena, praising the Russian crowd for their support of their champion, quipped, "Maybe I'll come back next year with a Russian passport." [:O]

A joke, sure. But you think THAT would ever get quoted in US media? heh-heh... Not in this life.

Neither will we quickly hear about Serena acquiring a Russian coach--this  Aleksandara Bazhina Know anything about her?