logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages<12345>»
Tokyo Toray Pan-Pacific Sep 26 - Oct 2
Liquid
#231 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 10:39:38 AM(UTC)
Liquid

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"][quote user="Liquid"][quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]

LISTEN U BLOODY MOTHERFOCKING RETARD OF A FANBOY. U BETTER SHUT UP THAT SH!THOLE OF A BIGMOUTH BEFORE U CALL SOMEONE LIKE shrapi A RETARD. U BETTER LOOK AROUND BEFORE U POST SOME NIHILISTIC BULL 'COS WE LIKE DISTINGUISHED MEMBERS HERE, SH!THEAD(AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT...EAT IT). WITH THOSE 17 NONSENSE-POST U'RE A NOBODY, A PIECE OF CRAP AND WE NORMALLY DON'T RESPOND AT A PILE LIKE U. BETTER NOT FOCK WITH ME "COUNT", U COULD REGRET IT. GOT IT??? [:@]

[/quote] Hey, give the guy a break, I know that what he said was stupid, but it is kinda hard to keep you're head at a time like this, especially when on this site, some people are giving her so much hate, and seem to enjoy doing so.

Shrapi is a respected member no doubt, but let's admit it, implying that Maria doesn't eat properly so as she can sustain a career in media was an unreasonable criticism, afterall, Maria has had pretty much the same physique throughout her career, so it seems somewhat irrational to accuse her body as being the reason for some of her losses.

NB: A message to all you guys, beat the haters with reason and rational discussion not insults.

[/quote]INSULT??? Like BILL said to Beatrix KIDDO "I Overreacted". Maybe a tiny "overreaction" there, no insult (L)[;)][/quote]

Cool.

BTW, the last sentence of my post wasn't referring to you at all, I was referring to something completely different there.[:)]

deadchip
#133 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 10:42:23 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
[quote user="Liquid"]

I honestly don't mind people criticisning Maria, but only when those crticisms are reasonable.

Maria knows that the failure of her season has been that she has not got the points when she needed them -- set points against Serena, break points against Justine, match points against Kim, and countless break points against Caroline. Failure to perform at the big points has been the death of Mara's year. This is a reasonable criticism supported by fact. how mnay times has Maria emphasised the point that she 'did not take her chances' in matches?

However, to say that the game has moved past Maria, I feel, is not a reasonable suggestion. You simply don't have so closes matches against Justine and Serena is you are past it like some people suggest. Likewise, it is unreasonable to suggest that Maria lacks dedication. We can all see how much it hurts Maria when she loses; if she did not care, then she ought not to look so dissapointed when she loses. Maria is no Vaidisova.

The difference between the good and the great, is that the great are willing to get back on the horse every time they fall. Did Venus crumble when she went four years without a slam, and when people were writing her off, to claim three more Wimbledon titles? Did Mauresmo and Schiavone crumble when for all intents and purpose it looked like they would end their careers without ever making an impact on the sport? Did Kim crumble when people wrote her off for as a contender after giving birth? No, no they didn't, because these women are great, and that's why they will always be better than these internet commentators who find nothing better to do with their times but to spew hate. Even the girls ranked 500th in the WTA are 1000 times the people than these haters will ever be. I have every faith in Maria, so to those haters, I am immune to their poison. History has been decided by people who overcome those who hate and criticise.

[/quote]

Yea great post and I mostly fully agree!!!!! Maria is going to work even harder now and I expect that she will get back to the top sometime.

She was fidgety and nervous at her post Princess press conference because she was extremely upset and disappointed!!! So get off her back Philli. I also think that she is only a few important points away from beating Serena, Henin and Caro in the last grand slams, so the game has not passed her by. I tghink the wind was also a big factor in her loss to Caro, as she couldn't manage her points to accomodate it, as she needed to go for it to get the ball past Caro and thus it affected her more. I think when she next meets up with the Princess in better conditions, she will have revenge.

Quite the thread folks!!!!! Now, now kids don't fight!!!!! I think Maria will do well in Tokyo and China!!!

Masha is my #1!!
CROUCHING TIGER
#112 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 12:15:12 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1722 post(s)

1 ...S. Williams .. . 5355
2 ...Wozniacki . ... 4716
3 ...V. Williams .. . 4085
4 ...Stosur ... .. ... 4067
5 ...Jankovic ..... . 3874
6 ...Zvonareva . . . 3773
7 ...Schiavone .. .. 3453
8 ...Henin ... .......3415
9 ...Clijsters... .. ..3295
10 ..Azarenka.......3097
11 ..Li ...............3087
12..Dementieva. ..3048
13 ..Radwanska.....2731
14 ..Peer....... .....2686
15 ..Rezai.... .... ..2545
16 ..Pennetta..... ..2510
17 ..Sharapova... ..2230

These are from Elena's site. She jumps Li and Henin is out, then Elena moves to the 10th place. A win or at least some semi's will be necessary, but i see her play that YEC.[H]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
dinara :D
#135 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 11:07:31 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)

[quote user="yvonne08"]God Bless Sharapova in her next match. After her disappointing US OPEN. I am sure she's a bit down right now. But she'll be able to cope up with it. She's getting better and better. I expect that next year, she'll come out firing again. So sure of it. Too bad, I don't think she can join YEC this year. :(
[/quote]

Yeah, God bless her! [A]  

Ruyman_Mashalover
#328 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 1:19:12 PM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Liquid
#214 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 1:50:49 PM(UTC)
Liquid

[quote user="Ruyman_Mashalover"]Check out this vid: http://www.youtube.com/w...&feature=player_embedded [/quote]

Yeah, saw that before, it is kinda creepy that someone was stood behind her and and filming.

paul_pipkin
#259 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 2:17:15 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)
[quote user="Liquid"]

[quote user="Ruyman_Mashalover"]Check out this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNG5QPmxw6o&feature=player_embedded [/quote]

Yeah, saw that before, it is kinda creepy that someone was stood behind her and and filming.

[/quote]

No worries, I'm sure he was screened. Security around celebrity clientele in those places is tight. Gotta be--don't call it LA Babylon for nothing. [;)] And she's got Sasha right there.

Heh-heh. Brushes those wisps of hair when she dances, too. [H]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Liquid
#215 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 2:23:11 PM(UTC)
Liquid

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="Liquid"]

[quote user="Ruyman_Mashalover"]Check out this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNG5QPmxw6o&feature=player_embedded [/quote]

[/quote]

No worries, I'm sure he was screened. Security around celebrity clientele in those places is tight. Gotta be--don't call it LA Babylon for nothing. [;)] And she's got Sasha right there.

Heh-heh. Brushes those wisps of hair when she dances, too. [H]

[/quote]

Makes me sick; why can't I be in Sasha's shoes?[:'(]

One can only dream.

Nella
#244 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 2:41:23 PM(UTC)

Nice to see her happy. Don't think this was taken recently,  as Maria is wearing a coat and scarf ! 

It's still summer in LA !!  [H]

paul_pipkin
#260 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:18:03 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Edit: I was thinking about the KC thread.

mashadabest
#233 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:07:48 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="Ruyman_Mashalover"]Check out this vid: http://www.youtube.com/w...&feature=player_embedded[/quote]

I LOVE that video, Maria can sure bust some moves [H] lol. Nice to see her having some fun. [:)]

COUNT_ZERO
#14 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 2:37:19 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
[quote user="Nella"]

Nice to see her happy. Don't think this was taken recently,  as Maria is wearing a coat and scarf ! 

[/quote]

actually Nella it is recently more precisely this September ... either the 7th or the 8th when David Grey was in LA @ the Greek Theatre.

here u can check : http://www.davidgray.com...3-4404-bfe7-f167121faaf8

and Maria was wearing a scarf cuz its fall in LA ... still warm outside during the day but cozy during the night :P

paul_pipkin
#261 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 11:49:07 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Tokyo site: http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/en/tournament/ continues to post everyone who is tentatively on the list. I'm skeptical of many names, starting out with Serena. Nice to see Sachie Ishizu again:

"High School Senior student Sachie Ishizu reached Finalist at Wimbledon Junior this year and it was the first time in 41 years for Japanese player to reach Final. S. Ishizu received Qualify Wild Card and this tournament will be her first participation of SEWTA Tour Tournament. Kurumi Nara and Misaki Doi, both age 19 will also participate Qualify. These young players will bear future of Japan's Women's Tennis."

Serena Williams
Caroline Wozniacki
Jelena Jankovic
Samantha Stosur
Francesca Schiavone
Elena Dementieva
Agnieszka Radwanska
Vera Zvonareva
Maria Sharapova
Victoria Azarenka
Yanina Wickmayer
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Marion Bartoli
Shahar Peer
Aravane Rezai
Flavia Pennetta
Nadia Petrova
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Jie Zheng
Lucie Safarova
Alisa Kleybanova
Maria Kirilenko
Daniela Hantuchova
Alexandra Dulgheru
Alona Bondarenko
Petra Kvitova
Yaroslava Shvedova
Tsvetana Pironkova
Kaia Kanepi
Sara Errani
Andrea Petkovic
Agnes Szavay
Klara Zakopalova
Gisela Dulko
Julia Goerges
Barbora Zahlavova Strycova
Melanie Oudin
Dominika Cibulkova
Polona Hercog
Anabel Medina Garrigues
Dinara Safina
Kimiko Date Krumm
Sachie Ishizu

Nella
#255 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 12:39:06 PM(UTC)

[quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="Nella"]

[/quote]

actually Nella it is recently more precisely this September ... either the 7th or the 8th when David Grey was in LA @ the Greek Theatre.

and Maria was wearing a scarf cuz its fall in LA ... still warm outside during the day but cozy during the night :P

[/quote] Well, that surprises me a bit !  How can you be so " happy " , a few days after loosing in the 4rd round of a GS !!
Liquid
#228 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 1:33:44 PM(UTC)
Liquid

[quote user="Nella"][quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="Nella"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Well, that surprises me a bit !  How can you be so " happy " , a few days after loosing in the 4rd round of a GS !![/quote]

There'd be no point in her staying in and moping around -- if anything, dwelling on past failure/misfortune only makes you more prone to choking. You can't change the past, so there is no point in worrying about it.

COUNT_ZERO
#43 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:36:35 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="Liquid"][quote user="Nella"][quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="Nella"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Well, that surprises me a bit !  How can you be so " happy " , a few days after loosing in the 4rd round of a GS !![/quote]

There'd be no point in her staying in and moping around -- if anything, dwelling on past failure/misfortune only makes you more prone to choking. You can't change the past, so there is no point in worrying about it.

[/quote]

I agree with Liquid... no worries about the past .... make the future a pleasant one....  and i think in one way it is a good to see her happy ...cuz this means she managed to move on after her loss and look ahead with confidence to the next tournament. :)

Masha 4ever. #1 Player in the world! 

#136 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:53:13 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[/quote]This is one cute photo. [U]
paul_pipkin
#262 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:32:41 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="dinara :D"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[/quote]This is one cute photo. [U][/quote]

Much as I hate to credit them for anything, these pix with upcoming tournament logos on them are from WTA. [H]

Philli
#314 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:40:10 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

SERENA CUTS OFF LEFT FOOT IN FREAK ACCIDENT

Reuters - Tue, 14 Sep 14:51:00 2010

The world's number 1 tennis player suffered another freak accident today while celebrating the birthday of one of the players of the Miami Dolphins.  Apparently while she was cutting the cake, the knife slipped out of her hand, fell to the floor and bounced thereby cutting off her left foot.   She was rushed to the Medical Centre at the Stadium where doctors managed to re-attach the foot.  A spokesman for the Dolphins said ' We were able to re-attach all the nerves and with a new advanced method of cosmetic stitching we were able to repair the skin damage so that, in three weeks time, when the stitches are removed, there will be no sign of a scar.  Serena said she was really disappointed that she would not be able to play any tournaments until the YEC.

COUNT_ZERO
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:53:11 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="Philli"]

SERENA CUTS OFF LEFT FOOT IN FREAK ACCIDENT

Reuters - Tue, 14 Sep 14:51:00 2010

The world's number 1 tennis player suffered another freak accident today while celebrating the birthday of one of the players of the Miami Dolphins.  Apparently while she was cutting the cake, the knife slipped out of her hand, fell to the floor and bounced thereby cutting off her left foot.   She was rushed to the Medical Centre at the Stadium where doctors managed to re-attach the foot.  A spokesman for the Dolphins said ' We were able to re-attach all the nerves and with a new advanced method of cosmetic stitching we were able to repair the skin damage so that, in three weeks time, when the stitches are removed, there will be no sign of a scar.  Serena said she was really disappointed that she would not be able to play any tournaments until the YEC.

[/quote]

fake news :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))).. link to prove me wrong pls :P