logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
This Is The End For Me
robb
#47 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 11:14:55 AM(UTC)
robb

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
[quote user="AaronR"][quote user="Ruyman_Mashalover"][quote user="COUNT_ZERO"]

Thanks AaronR for making my point.

Masha 4ever... best player ever :) 

[/quote]

Masha 4ever:  [U]

The best player ever:  [:|] [N]

She'd wish to be half as successful as Graf, Seles, Serena, Justine, Venus, Martina, .... 

[/quote]

Well seeing as all the players you mentioned are a lot older than Maria she has time to catch some of them up. 

3 Grand slam titles at 23, pretty good I think. 

[/quote]

Yes, she proved she wasn't a one-slam wonder by 2008............THE PROBLEM IS that since then, shoulder injury and all, she has not developed her game sufficiently. Other players have caught up/gone past her, and maybe sponsorship appearances aren't helping her tennis. Who is Maria's coach? The big hitting game, strewn with errors, means that anyone in the top 8 will win through more consistency (Wozniacki), or more power and consistency (Williams).

I am a Maria fan and always will be. But we shouldn't be afraid to have this debate. Has Maria already gone past her best? Or can she develop/change her game to meet the up and coming challenges she now faces in every competition?

COUNT_ZERO
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 11:25:43 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
First i want to congratulate Caroline for the victory against Maria. One the other hand if we look at how many winners Masha had ( which is not easy against a player like Caroline who is running so good ) and how many unforced errors she had,  we can say the two of them , winners/unforced, were not the cause for Maria loosing the match. In my opinion ( as a tennis player ) the diff between Caro and Masha was made by the double faults that Masha did in the important moments of each set. Just think a little bit if Masha wouldn't have made the 3 doubles in the first set she would have had a big chance of taking the first set... and once Caroline is a set down she would have had to start being more aggressive so chances of more unforced errors and less on the other side of the net ( Masha side) .... So as a conclusion i believe that, realistic speaking, Masha lost the Match with the double faults that she made in the first as well as in the second set. In other words she lost the Match not Caro won it.
Anyhow a good thing is that Masha shows some signs of getting back her A game.

robb
#48 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 11:38:48 AM(UTC)
robb

[quote user="COUNT_ZERO"]
First i want to congratulate Caroline for the victory against Maria. One the other hand if we look at how many winners Masha had ( which is not easy against a player like Caroline who is running so good ) and how many unforced errors she had,  we can say the two of them , winners/unforced, were not the cause for Maria loosing the match. In my opinion ( as a tennis player ) the diff between Caro and Masha was made by the double faults that Masha did in the important moments of each set. Just think a little bit if Masha wouldn't have made the 3 doubles in the first set she would have had a big chance of taking the first set... and once Caroline is a set down she would have had to start being more aggressive so chances of more unforced errors and less on the other side of the net ( Masha side) .... So as a conclusion i believe that, realistic speaking, Masha lost the Match with the double faults that she made in the first as well as in the second set. In other words she lost the Match not Caro won it.
Anyhow a good thing is that Masha shows some signs of getting back her A game.

[/quote]

The same thing was said against Williams at Wimbledon................IF Maria had won that tie break point....IF IF IF ........she didn't have to rely on IF'S before. That's the difference.

COUNT_ZERO
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 12:02:29 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

i totally understand that point of view and i agree with it to some extent. But there are many diff things to take into account.. she still is making progress in getting her A game back ... and trust me she works hard at training down here in Florida. The big problem Maria has right now is her serve that is clear for me. Her game on the other hand is ok. and again she was kind of unlucky with the draw ( not trying to find excuses here). My opinion is that Masha deserved semifinal here at the US Open. Here game is at a level of at least a semi this year.

I am sure that until next grand slam and this is the Oz Open she will be fit to win it again. Also i understand that all of us are so eager to see her be back to what she once was ( and i think she has the same feeling) .. but we need to also be patient and be sure result will come very soon. 

Believe me, i am playing tennis for 12 years allready, and the progress she made since beginning of the year it's visible and its big ( if u are not a player u don't see  the difference as being so big).. i am practicing at Bollettieri Academy in Bradenton, FL.. and i see Maria almost every time she comes here to practice ... and trust me she is working her ass off every time.  

Hamoudi
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 3:16:33 PM(UTC)
Hamoudi

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="Hamoudi"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[quote user="Hamoudi"]Wow I didn’t know that SpongeBob Yellow pants is that important. and I guess you’re right coz google says that her photos is the 5th top search in the US today, and google never lies  the question is : Is their a cable channels in America or not ?[/quote]

Oh yeah. The typical "basic cable" package involves 50 channels or so. The big digital packages may include hundreds of channels--plus "premium channels" (uncensored film), "pay-per-view", etc.

Most of us get ESPN & ESPN2 on cable--basic here in Texas, though I understand the West Coast has to pay more for it. Tennis Channel is a satellite system, like with Direct TV, though it has been added to digital packages. It's important to know that TTC has only a 10% market share. Most Americans are viewing tennis on ESPN2.

[/quote]

Don’t wanna make a rush judgment, but If so... it seems like an obsession to me, hehe no offence Paul but unless you making it seems like that  clarification is a beautiful thing.

[/quote]

Hell, yes, it's an obsession. [:P] And y'know what? You can have 300 channels and there are still nights you can't find a damned thing worth watching. lol!

[/quote]

Hahaha yeah I know, Although Saddam gave us one channel for 12 hours during his era, people get bored of  Satellite channels in a year 

One last thing for Philli and the other horny freaks around here, Caroline is playing the sex card, it doesn’t matter if she plays good or not, cuz with the way she dresses she won’t get anyone respect.

Philli
#45 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 3:24:56 PM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Power is nothing without control.  I have a suspicious feeling that Maria is not in control of her serve anymore.  Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't.  This is not an occasion thing which happens when a player has a day off, it happens to her at every match. She usually starts with a double fault in the first game to get the ball rolling.  We saw some pretty wild first serves yesterday.. One of them didn't hit the ground until it reached the baseline.  How wild is that?  Seems to me that 'something' is still not right with her shoulder.  She simply has no control over where the ball is going to go on that first serve.  I think she breathes a silent sigh of relief when it's in.  She's been in the game long enough to know that her serve is rubbish and totally inconsistent, so why cant she 'get it right'?  I sometimes wonder just what she actually does at 'training'  sessions.   From what we've seen on short clips its just a bit of hitting, a bit stretching, and throwing balls at one another.  What kind of intense correctional serving training is that?

At interviews she spends more time looking at the table when answering questions so as to avoid showing her eyes to the people.  You can usually tell right away when a person is lieing if you can see their eyes and she goes to great lengths to avoid their gaze. This has been drummed into her by her father all those years ago when she was a kid.  Never show emotions, they are a weakness. Never tell people you are injured they will take advantage it.  Lie whenever possible to tell them what they think they want to hear.  And so it goes on.  You can never trust a word she says.  Evidence of that is all through 2007 and early 2008 until her shoulder finally collapsed.  At an interview shortly thereafter she admitted to have been in pain day and night with her shoulder for almost 2 years and being pumped up with cortisone. Sometimes she would cry because the pain was so intense.  BUt.. all through those seasons she kept saying her shoulder was fine and lieing to interviewers at tournaments although she was getting knocked out early and rolling up tons of double faults.

Dartagnan
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 5:52:36 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)
[quote user="Philli"]

Power is nothing without control.  I have a suspicious feeling that Maria is not in control of her serve anymore.  Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't.  This is not an occasion thing which happens when a player has a day off, it happens to her at every match. She usually starts with a double fault in the first game to get the ball rolling.  We saw some pretty wild first serves yesterday.. One of them didn't hit the ground until it reached the baseline.  How wild is that?  Seems to me that 'something' is still not right with her shoulder.  She simply has no control over where the ball is going to go on that first serve.  I think she breathes a silent sigh of relief when it's in.  She's been in the game long enough to know that her serve is rubbish and totally inconsistent, so why cant she 'get it right'?  I sometimes wonder just what she actually does at 'training'  sessions.   From what we've seen on short clips its just a bit of hitting, a bit stretching, and throwing balls at one another.  What kind of intense correctional serving training is that?

At interviews she spends more time looking at the table when answering questions so as to avoid showing her eyes to the people.  You can usually tell right away when a person is lieing if you can see their eyes and she goes to great lengths to avoid their gaze. This has been drummed into her by her father all those years ago when she was a kid.  Never show emotions, they are a weakness. Never tell people you are injured they will take advantage it.  Lie whenever possible to tell them what they think they want to hear.  And so it goes on.  You can never trust a word she says.  Evidence of that is all through 2007 and early 2008 until her shoulder finally collapsed.  At an interview shortly thereafter she admitted to have been in pain day and night with her shoulder for almost 2 years and being pumped up with cortisone. Sometimes she would cry because the pain was so intense.  BUt.. all through those seasons she kept saying her shoulder was fine and lieing to interviewers at tournaments although she was getting knocked out early and rolling up tons of double faults.

[/quote]

She should continue to work on her mistakes until she will be better. It is not a problem. She is a youny and talented girl.

Sometimes you need more time to improve your tennis.

Losing a tournament is not the end of a career. Losing a tournament shows you that you need to work more.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

BowlofriceXD
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 6:47:45 PM(UTC)

[quote user="Philli"]

[/quote]

You're absolutely right about that

People like Caro and Ana have been working their asses off for the last couple months. Ana especially

I've seen some of the drills she does and they are BRUTAL

But it's so clear that Caro's game is reaching new heights and Ana is coming out of her slump

Maria is anything but the player she was from 2005-2006.

She needs to realize that her fitness has not been up to par with the elite players 

robb
#49 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 11:39:36 AM(UTC)
robb

[quote user="BowlofriceXD"][quote user="Philli"]

[/quote]

People like Caro and Ana have been working their asses off for the last couple months. Ana especially

But it's so clear that Caro's game is reaching new heights and Ana is coming out of her slump

She needs to realize that her fitness has not been up to par with the elite players 

[/quote]

That's why I was asking about who her coach was on another thread. The sad fact is that since 2008, injuries not withstanding, 7 or 8 players are now capable of beating Maria on any given day. Her tactics are easliy read, and she dosn't seem to have a Plan B...........

lzolumova
#38 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:08:48 PM(UTC)
lzolumova

New coach,please...

COUNT_ZERO
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:21:44 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="lzolumova"]

New coach,please...

[/quote]

she brought in a new  Australian fitness coach : Scott Byrnes  

COUNT_ZERO
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:22:40 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="lzolumova"]

New coach,please...

[/quote]

she brought in a new  Australian fitness coach : Scott Byrnes . He used to work with Ana Ivanovici when she was at her best tennis. 

[/quote]
COUNT_ZERO
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:22:48 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="lzolumova"]

New coach,please...

[/quote]

she brought in a new  Australian fitness coach : Scott Byrnes . He used to work with Ana Ivanovici when she was at her best tennis. 

[/quote]
COUNT_ZERO
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:27:16 PM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="BowlofriceXD"][quote user="Philli"]

[/quote]

dont relay only on the videos from youtube.... i am a tennis player at the Bolettierri Tennis Academy in FL and i see Maria almost all the time she is on the court for practice ... and believe me she is working her ass off @ all the training sessions 

[/quote]
CROUCHING TIGER
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:45:57 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
[quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="lzolumova"]

New coach,please...

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote] Always gonna spam and post 3-4 times ZERO? We know 'bout Byrnes.[|-)]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
BowlofriceXD
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 5:27:39 PM(UTC)

[quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="BowlofriceXD"][quote user="Philli"]

[/quote]

dont relay only on the videos from youtube.... i am a tennis player at the Bolettierri Tennis Academy in FL and i see Maria almost all the time she is on the court for practice ... and believe me she is working her ass off @ all the training sessions 

[/quote][/quote]

No one says Maria doesn't work hard. She needs to work harder to keep up

It's unarguable that she is not the athlete she once was