logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

73 Pages«<6869707172>»
USOpen 2010
Philli
#982 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 9:01:43 AM(UTC)
Philli

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Liquid, Maria couldn't have had an easier first three rounds if she'd been playing wheelchair players.  Fact is, when the going got tough...she collapsed like a card house.  Dont blame Caroline for dumping her out of the Open.  Maria did it all by herself.

paul_pipkin
#881 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 10:08:22 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]The girl from the East got an old, used AK-47. The "American" got a Fall, best machinegun ever "made in belgium". The speakers cried out loud the Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil", so loud they could barely hear "fire". The girl pressed against the wall got hit immediately, trembled and spread her blood all over. The "American" enjoyed every single second of the execution. The dark plans "they" had made came to a more then satisfying ending. With a devilish grin she kept shooting on the blood-covered pieces on the ground. When the last bullet left the barrel she couldn't control it anymore and came. Her eyes closed, fully satisfied, she saw herself on top of the Empire rolling herself in one of the many star spangled banners that were all over the city. She didn't care about that and just kept on goin' in that flag she loved so very much.
[/quote]

[8] Pleased to meet you,
hope you guess my name.
But what's puzzling you
is the nature of my game
... [8] [H]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Liquid
#575 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 10:38:20 AM(UTC)
Liquid

[quote user="Philli"]

Liquid, Maria couldn't have had an easier first three rounds if she'd been playing wheelchair players.  Fact is, when the going got tough...she collapsed like a card house.  Dont blame Caroline for dumping her out of the Open.  Maria did it all by herself.

[/quote] Hmm, I agree with almost everything you said. Groth is no walkover though. In all honesty, I think Maria overestimated Caroline, causing to go too hard on her serves, ergo the double faults.

The match happened almost a week ago, alas, there is no point in crying over spilled milk.

Hamoudi
#358 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:06:52 PM(UTC)
Hamoudi

[quote user="Liquid"]

The match happened almost a week ago, alas, there is no point in crying over spilled milk.

[/quote]

Yeah Philli get over it.

Liquid
#576 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 2:01:21 PM(UTC)
Liquid

Any predictions for the men's final?

I say Rafa in three.

Nella
#761 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 2:32:11 PM(UTC)

I have been away for business, that why this late response !!  The BEST news of the USOpen , Caroline beaten in the semi final !  How on earth is it possible to play so poorly and so fantastic in the match against Maria. The final was crap !  Wished Maria was there !!! It would have been a much better match.  Vera is a nice girl but too soft to win a Grand Slam.
Hamoudi
#359 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:03:09 PM(UTC)
Hamoudi

I hope Nole can do it, but Rafa will win it who deserve to add the US to his collection.
mashadabest
#703 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:22:34 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="mashadabest"]

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  KIMMY IS THE CHAMPION!!!!!!! [:D]

[

What a crap match though, I mean in terms of it being a contest.  It
would have been good if Kim V Venus had been the final but whatever at
least I didn't need to get stressed or have heart attacks during this
match!  I'm not really that keen on Vera to be honest but gotta feel for
her, she looks like she's gonna burst into tears and she got her butt
kicked. [:S] Oh well she did well to reach the final.  CONGRATULATIONS
KIM - QUEEN OF THE US OPEN! [U] Wooohoooo!!!

Oh and NOVAK IS IN THE FINAL!!!!! [:O] [:D] What a brilliant day! 
Can't wait for Nole V Rafa tomorrow, finally my DREAM final! [:D]

[/quote]

Yeah, Novak was pretty cool, hunh? [H]

Vera is Vera, and sure she was upset--but I'm not. She put down
Princess, which REALLY needed doing, and now she's been to the finals of
two successive Slams--maybe third time's the charm. Fact is, as
Virginia Wade pointed out, Vera was not ever missing the lines by much.
Should compare the tapes of thiks match & the last one and find out
what she was doing in the wind that she wasn't able to do tonight?

The only people who are concerned with Vera's emotion are those
corporate fascist commentarial whores. Sure, THEY never cry--you gotta
have a soul to cry. [:P]

So Kimmy won, well whoop-de-do. Since Vera couldn't pull if off
tonight, I don't really care. At least she took out Venus & spoiled
their little 911 whack-off. Yeah, that's harsh--but the Yanker bosses
deserve nothing but harsh.

[/quote]

Yeah Nole being in the
final is frickin' awesome!!! [:D] Plus I have been dreaming of a
Nole-Rafa final at a slam forever and finally it's happening woop woop!

Btw
as a Vera fan do you get frustrated and annoyed with her when she
starts to fall apart and starts crying and smashing her racquet and
stuff?  I don't think I could handle supporting a player who did that,
it would frustrate me so much.  It would be good if she could find some
way to keep her emotions in check although maybe if she held it all in
then it would have a negative effect on her game hmm.  Anyways I really
admire the way Maria can play a bad point and then forget it and focus
on the next point. [:)]
Nella
#763 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:29:08 PM(UTC)

LET'S HOPE RAFA WILL WIN HIS FIRST USOPEN !!!!   HE DESERVES THE TITLE.  [Y]
mashadabest
#678 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:30:13 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="Liquid"][quote user="Philli"]

[/quote] Hmm, I agree with almost everything you said. Groth is no walkover though. In all honesty, I think Maria overestimated Caroline, causing to go too hard on her serves, ergo the double faults.

[/quote]

Just have to say Liquid I love your vocabulary lol, ergo and alas are not words I often see used around here. [8-|]

As for the final predictions, I reckon it will be Rafa to win in 4. [:'(]

By the way, what's happening right now?  I have the live score thing here and it has said play suspended for ages now, is it raining or something? [:|]

Liquid
#577 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:36:23 PM(UTC)
Liquid

[quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="Liquid"][quote user="Philli"]

[/quote]

Just have to say Liquid I love your vocabulary lol, ergo and alas are not words I often see used around here. [8-|]

By the way, what's happening right now?  I have the live score thing here and it has said play suspended for ages now, is it raining or something? [:|]

[/quote]

Thanks, I try my best.[H]

As for the men's final, I've heard that the match has been suspended due to the rain. Hopefully, this will give more time for Novak's body to rest after that gruelling five-setter yesterday.

mashadabest
#679 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:44:12 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="Liquid"][quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="Liquid"][quote user="Philli"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks, I try my best.[H]

As for the men's final, I've heard that the match has been suspended due to the rain. Hopefully, this will give more time for Novak's body to rest after that gruelling five-setter yesterday.

[/quote]

Oh gosh the US Open is turning into Wimbledon lol.  I suppose it's good that Novak will get more time to recover but I was happy that I wasn't going to have to stay up until the crack of dawn for this match, seems I may have to grrrr.

paul_pipkin
#859 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:49:08 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Women's Doubles is stalled at 54 in the 3rd. [st] Will resume on Armstrong whenever. So that's ruined. There was one conclusion early, before the weather:

All-РОССИЯ Junior Girls’ Final! [H]
1st seed DARIA GAVRILOVA             defs           compatriot YULIA PUTINTSEVA  63 62.                                   

Maybe see another reason or two they didn't want us watching. Them Russian babes just keep on coming, don't they? [8-|]

Well done, girls! USO finally grudgingly put up pix. More at:

http://www.usopen.org/en...1009121284316571703.html

paul_pipkin
#860 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:42:38 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Looks like there is a break in the weather. Just a little sprinkle here & there now, but they won't start cleaning the courts until it's past, so another hour, anyway. (Same with the men on Ashe, of course.)

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Women's Doubles is stalled at 54 in the 3rd. [st] Will resume on Armstrong whenever. So that's ruined. There was one conclusion early, before the weather:

1st seed DARIA GAVRILOVA             defs           compatriot YULIA PUTINTSEVA  63 62.                                   

Maybe see another reason or two they didn't want us watching. Them Russian babes just keep on coming, don't they? [8-|]

[/quote]
mashadabest
#680 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:46:10 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Oh frickin' rain!!!  I need my sleep darn it!  It must have been pretty heavy rainfall for them to stop that doubles match at that score - Huber/Petrova only 3 points from winning *sigh*.
paul_pipkin
#861 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:54:52 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="mashadabest"]Oh frickin' rain!!!  I need my sleep darn it!  It must have been pretty heavy rainfall for them to stop that doubles match at that score - Huber/Petrova only 3 points from winning *sigh*.
[/quote]

It didn't begin that heavy. During the time the officials stood around "consulting" they conceivably might've finished. [:P] But then it did get heavy & there's a lot of standing water on the courts now. Rather dark skies, too, though it's only just before 18:00. They'll finish the doubles at night.

Hamoudi
#360 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:56:21 PM(UTC)
Hamoudi

[/quote]

Hey Paul are you sure, they don’t seem junior to me  

Liquid
#578 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 5:01:42 PM(UTC)
Liquid

I know, that girl in the black and white could give ol' Serena a run for her money in terms of stature.

Being so 'well equipped' must be bad for her tennis -- can't be easy for her to move around.

mashadabest
#681 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 5:03:01 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="mashadabest"]Oh frickin' rain!!!  I need my sleep darn it!  It must have been pretty heavy rainfall for them to stop that doubles match at that score - Huber/Petrova only 3 points from winning *sigh*.
[/quote]

It didn't begin that heavy. During the time the officials stood around "consulting" they conceivably might've finished. [:P] But then it did get heavy & there's a lot of standing water on the courts now. Rather dark skies, too, though it's only just before 18:00. They'll finish the doubles at night.

[/quote]

Lol dammit!  So how long do you think before Nole and Rafa start?  I've been in front of the computer too long and my eyes are starting to hurt. [:|]

paul_pipkin
#862 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 5:05:26 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Liquid"]

I know, that girl in the black and white could give ol' Serena a run for her money in terms of stature.

Being so 'well equipped' must be bad for her tennis -- can't be easy for her to move around.

[/quote]

Actually, Yulia's gotta little "bounce" going on there. No quite so extreme but yeah, well-endowed.