logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

73 Pages«<6768697071>»
USOpen 2010
paul_pipkin
#857 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:15:38 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

Mnnn... If you saw that opening ceremony, you could see how it was probably conceived to whip up a patriotic frenzy on behalf of a Williams sister... for Clijsters, not so much...

Kimmy running on about the "family" 'n how they "live" in New Jersey... [+o(]

Lynn Welch in the chair, good. [Y]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
tgj92
#1226 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:23:17 PM(UTC)
tgj92

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 25 post(s)
[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="tgj92"]

Wow. I've doubted Novak as much as anyone in the last few years but that was impressive.
Congratulations Djokovic! 

Those poor women having to follow that... Hope the crowd wont be too quiet.

[/quote]

Noooo... I don't think they will--and now they're in a mood for upsets! [H]

[/quote]

Well hopefully not, seems a little windy at the moment and wind does strange things to people :\

... I'd love it if Vera won [:D] 

BowlofriceXD
#82 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 8:05:07 PM(UTC)

Poor Vera. Kim came out to play today
Ruyman_Mashalover
#1067 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 8:05:34 PM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
37 mins of play and Kim already with a hand and a half on the trophy. 6-2 3-0 LOL What a **** of match.... 
Ruyman_Mashalover
#1068 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 8:08:54 PM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Won against Stosur even though she played horribly, then Venus gave away the match and now she's about to claim her 3rd US Open title, funny, isn't it?
BowlofriceXD
#83 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 8:18:43 PM(UTC)

[quote user="Ruyman_Mashalover"]Won against Stosur even though she played horribly, then Venus gave away the match and now she's about to claim her 3rd US Open title, funny, isn't it?[/quote]

Well Kim's playing phenomenal right now 

She didn't deserve to win the Stosur or Venus match though in my opinion 

BowlofriceXD
#84 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 8:37:57 PM(UTC)

Aw Kimmy said some very nice things to Vera during the ceremony :)
mashadabest
#676 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 8:38:00 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  KIMMY IS THE CHAMPION!!!!!!! [:D]

[

What a crap match though, I mean in terms of it being a contest.  It would have been good if Kim V Venus had been the final but whatever at least I didn't need to get stressed or have heart attacks during this match!  I'm not really that keen on Vera to be honest but gotta feel for her, she looks like she's gonna burst into tears and she got her butt kicked. [:S] Oh well she did well to reach the final.  CONGRATULATIONS KIM - QUEEN OF THE US OPEN! [U] Wooohoooo!!!

Oh and NOVAK IS IN THE FINAL!!!!! [:O] [:D] What a brilliant day!  Can't wait for Nole V Rafa tomorrow, finally my DREAM final! [:D]

mashadabest
#677 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 8:42:28 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Aww they just showed Jada on the court, not gonna lie that is my favourite thing about Kim winning. [:D]
paul_pipkin
#858 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 9:34:05 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)
[quote user="mashadabest"]

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  KIMMY IS THE CHAMPION!!!!!!! [:D]

[

What a crap match though, I mean in terms of it being a contest.  It would have been good if Kim V Venus had been the final but whatever at least I didn't need to get stressed or have heart attacks during this match!  I'm not really that keen on Vera to be honest but gotta feel for her, she looks like she's gonna burst into tears and she got her butt kicked. [:S] Oh well she did well to reach the final.  CONGRATULATIONS KIM - QUEEN OF THE US OPEN! [U] Wooohoooo!!!

Oh and NOVAK IS IN THE FINAL!!!!! [:O] [:D] What a brilliant day!  Can't wait for Nole V Rafa tomorrow, finally my DREAM final! [:D]

[/quote]

Yeah, Novak was pretty cool, hunh? [H]

Vera is Vera, and sure she was upset--but I'm not. She put down Princess, which REALLY needed doing, and now she's been to the finals of two successive Slams--maybe third time's the charm. Fact is, as Virginia Wade pointed out, Vera was not ever missing the lines by much. Should compare the tapes of thiks match & the last one and find out what she was doing in the wind that she wasn't able to do tonight?

The only people who are concerned with Vera's emotion are those corporate fascist commentarial whores. Sure, THEY never cry--you gotta have a soul to cry. [:P]

So Kimmy won, well whoop-de-do. Since Vera couldn't pull if off tonight, I don't really care. At least she took out Venus & spoiled their little 911 whack-off. Yeah, that's harsh--but the Yanker bosses deserve nothing but harsh.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
giane
#295 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 10:55:09 PM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)

Congrats to Kimmy! well, still proud to Vera,.. she was able to reach the finals..

and oh! wow!!! Nole! good luck! Rafa and Nole.. God bless you both!! :D

BowlofriceXD
#85 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 11:53:48 PM(UTC)

Fitting way to end a disappointing fortnight

The women's US Open this year was a train wreck. Attendance was mediocre, weather and wind were terrible and play quality was even worse.

fking_crazy
#230 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:34:55 AM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

What a crappy match! Way far from a great final every one was expected. A totally one-sided final. What happened to Vera?  I never thought Kimmy could demolish her that way. Looks like when she's in NYC she has an guardian angel with her. Anyway congrats to both players.

Kimmy's win is a good tennis lesson. You wanna win a GS, you gotta be very consistent and a bit lucky especially when you're in a day off. You gotta have all your various weapons and hell you do need them, use them smartly, adapt them to each opponent. That's why Caroline and Vera are not yet a Grand Slam champion. That's why Maria was crushed by Caro the other day.

Liquid
#572 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 2:53:22 AM(UTC)
Liquid

[quote user="BowlofriceXD"]

Fitting way to end a disappointing fortnight

The women's US Open this year was a train wreck. Attendance was mediocre, weather and wind were terrible and play quality was even worse.

[/quote] The problem with this tournament is that none of the elite women's players were on-form, not even the champion.

Kim cannot win this next year, because the only reason she got it this year was pretty much because everybody else with the tools to beat her were pretty diabolical.

Ugh, I just want to pretend that this horror-fest of two weeks didn't happen.

Liquid
#573 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:04:29 AM(UTC)
Liquid

The most annoying thing also, is that Clijsters was only playing slightly better than she was playing in Cincinatti, and Maria had match points against her. If Maria played her in the final, I think the outcome would have been too close to call.

But no, Wozniacki had to play the best tennis of her life, and Maria had to serve three double faults in the third/foruth game of the match, causing the rest of her game to go completely awry.

Ugh, it's going to take me a long time to get over this US Open.

Philli
#981 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:40:03 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Ah stop blabbering Liquid.  Fact is...If Maria learned to play tennis better, she might get past the 4th round.  Got to hand it to The Jersey Lillie, she definitely saved the best til last.  In an earlier interview after her match with Sam she said she sat down on her chair after it was over and said to herself..'how the hell did I beat her?'  She admitted that she couldn't believe she'd won the match.

And, No Liquid, I'm not sad about Caroline.  Kim has always been my Number One... She's the perfect player on and off court.

Liquid
#574 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:04:37 AM(UTC)
Liquid

[quote user="Philli"]

Ah stop blabbering Liquid.  Fact is...If Maria learned to play tennis better, she might get past the 4th round.  Got to hand it to The Jersey Lillie, she definitely saved the best til last.  In an earlier interview after her match with Sam she said she sat down on her chair after it was over and said to herself..'how the hell did I beat her?'  She admitted that she couldn't believe she'd won the match.

And, No Liquid, I'm not sad about Caroline.  Kim has always been my Number One... She's the perfect player on and off court.

[/quote]Kim's good, but you have to admit, she had a virtual cakewalk to the title this year. An ageing and choking Venus Williams was her biggest challenge.
Hamoudi
#361 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:21:48 AM(UTC)
Hamoudi

[quote user="tgj92"]

... I'd love it if Vera won [:D] 

[/quote]

Me too, which reminds me of the quote of the decade by Kevin Keegan " I would love it if we beat them. Love it! "

Anyway football leagues gave me a great deal of disappointments yesterday so I think this is not that bad.

CROUCHING TIGER
#160 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:24:33 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
The girl from the East got an old, used AK-47. The "American" got a Fall, best machinegun ever "made in belgium". The speakers cried out loud the Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil", so loud they could barely hear "fire". The girl pressed against the wall got hit immediately, trembled and spread her blood all over. The "American" enjoyed every single second of the execution. The dark plans "they" had made came to a more then satisfying ending. With a devilish grin she kept shooting on the blood-covered pieces on the ground. When the last bullet left the barrel she couldn't control it anymore and came. Her eyes closed, fully satisfied, she saw herself on top of the Empire rolling herself in one of the many star spangled banners that were all over the city. She didn't care about that and just kept on goin' in that flag she loved so very much.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
giane
#296 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 8:25:05 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
how's the atp going on? Nole win will be much better.. :D god bless boys!