logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

73 Pages<1234>»
USOpen 2010
BowlofriceXD
#41 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 11:55:29 PM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

I just realized that Serena's withdrawal means Woz is gonna be the #1 seed

Caro's a nice girl but #1 seed at the Open? What a joke. 

POPOVERS
#1000 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 12:07:02 AM(UTC)
POPOVERS

[quote user="BowlofriceXD"]

[/quote]

it's not a joke Caro is doing well in tennis, so she deserves to be number one in US ... great that Serena is out yepppey! [:p] masha should be on fire now! [H]

BowlofriceXD
#42 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 12:19:49 AM(UTC)

[quote user="POPOVERS"][quote user="BowlofriceXD"]

[/quote]

it's not a joke Caro is doing well in tennis, so she deserves to be number one in US ... great that Serena is out yepppey! [:p] masha should be on fire now! [H]

[/quote]

I'll admit that Woz does well in most tournaments...except the majors

The fact that she was thrashed in each major this year by Li, Schiavone, and Kvitova makes me think she doesn't deserve the top spot of a seeding list 

Don't get me wrong though, I like her too :) 

yvonne08
#1256 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:28:51 AM(UTC)
yvonne08

[quote user="BowlofriceXD"][quote user="POPOVERS"][quote user="BowlofriceXD"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'll admit that Woz does well in most tournaments...except the majors

The fact that she was thrashed in each major this year by Li, Schiavone, and Kvitova makes me think she doesn't deserve the top spot of a seeding list 

Don't get me wrong though, I like her too :) 

[/quote]

Caroline is a good player. But her game lacks the aggressiveness to win a Grand Slam. I don't know if she deserves the top spot for the open, but things looks much easier now for Sharapova!

yvonne08
#1259 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:31:28 AM(UTC)
yvonne08

Sharapova hasn't shown yet her night dress, but this might be her night dress for the Open.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/nike/ - it's only a half pic but you'll have an idea what the dress looks like.I don't know if that's gonna be her dress, but from what I can see, it's a bit same from her day dress. So probably that would be her night dress.

giane
#240 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:36:39 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
[quote user="BowlofriceXD"]

[quote user="Nella"][quote user="shelbykay23"]Serena withdraws from the US open :)[/quote] That must have happened in your dreams !  [^o)][/quote]

Nope, its been confirmed

Maria and Kim have got to be the heavy favs now 

[/quote]

why? i really cant believe she pulled out the USO.. but it is definitely a chance for everybody and i am very glad for the great chances Masha has now.. good luck!! and thanks to Nella for starting the thread.. :)

yvonne08
#1264 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:44:24 AM(UTC)
yvonne08

[quote user="giane"][quote user="BowlofriceXD"]

[quote user="Nella"][quote user="shelbykay23"]Serena withdraws from the US open :)[/quote] That must have happened in your dreams !  [^o)][/quote]

Nope, its been confirmed

Maria and Kim have got to be the heavy favs now 

[/quote]

why? i really cant believe she pulled out the USO.. but it is definitely a chance for everybody and i am very glad for the great chances Masha has now.. good luck!! and thanks to Nella for starting the thread.. :)

[/quote]

Unfortunately Clijster injured her thigh. 

yvonne08
#1265 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:45:24 AM(UTC)
yvonne08

BTW. In case Sharapova wins the open. She'll be jumping inside the top 10. Then what will be her ranking? I don't know how much points she'll be getting.
giane
#236 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:52:22 AM(UTC)
giane

[quote user="yvonne08"]

Sharapova hasn't shown yet her night dress, but this might be her night dress for the Open.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/nike/ - it's only a half pic but you'll have an idea what the dress looks like.I don't know if that's gonna be her dress, but from what I can see, it's a bit same from her day dress. So probably that would be her night dress.

[/quote]

i visited the link but honestly i dont like the color.. but i like the style.. how about this?., i think it is prettier : 

Photobucket

this maybe the dress she wore at the San Diego yet i really like this one for the US open.. hahaha

yvonne08
#1260 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 2:08:59 AM(UTC)
yvonne08

[quote user="giane"][quote user="yvonne08"]

[/quote]

i visited the link but honestly i dont like the color.. but i like the style.. how about this?., i think it is prettier : 

Photobucket

this maybe the dress she wore at the San Diego yet i really like this one for the US open.. hahaha

[/quote]

I love that Acura Classic 2007 dress! It is simple but the fitting is PERFECT!
giane
#237 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 2:29:00 AM(UTC)
giane

[quote user="yvonne08"][quote user="giane"][quote user="yvonne08"]

[/quote]

Photobucket

[/quote]

I love that Acura Classic 2007 dress! It is simple but the fitting is PERFECT![/quote]

yeah.. you're right.. i like this for the USO.. but it is very impossible!  but this is really great! 

Liquid
#492 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 2:58:04 AM(UTC)
Liquid

Hey guys, have been lurking in a few tennis forums and according to some, Maria has been training at the Bolletieri academy in preperation for the US Open.

This 100% unofficial of course, but thought you'd may want to know

Kjetil
#484 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 5:20:46 AM(UTC)

[quote user="Liquid"]

Hey guys, have been lurking in a few tennis forums and according to some, Maria has been training at the Bolletieri academy in preperation for the US Open.[/quote]

Great news. Where did you stumble upon it? 

yvonne08
#1261 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 6:23:10 AM(UTC)
yvonne08

[quote user="Liquid"]

Hey guys, have been lurking in a few tennis forums and according to some, Maria has been training at the Bolletieri academy in preperation for the US Open.

This 100% unofficial of course, but thought you'd may want to know

[/quote]

I hope someone can provide practice videos. Because if she is already on court,the "foot scare" is just okay. :D
CROUCHING TIGER
#111 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 6:29:00 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][taste--the final frontier"? lol! [Y][/quote] I just love Serena, always in for a good joke. She had everybody

fooled with yet another "fake injury" and runnin' around like a mummy, but héh...IT'S FOR REAL[:O] Sacrée fille!! And Kimmy with white tape

is a code; secret but for this time i'll tell u! Says "gonna spend a week with the family before winning the USO. Payed already the usual camera-

men to focus on Jada when I AM on court".[8-|]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
fking_crazy
#223 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 6:42:27 AM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Clijsters: Good move to let VZ beat her in Montreal and fake an injury. She can now prepare the USO and be under the radar, like last year.

Serena: anyone knows what exactly happened to her ? [:S] Not usual Serena pulls out of a GS and misses HER tourney!

Sharapova: can she take her chance?

What if another underdog wins the US ala Schiavone?

Philli
#942 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 7:26:28 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Hehehehe, if Maria is in training at Nick's Academy, there was nothing wrong with the heel in the first place..  I would have thought by now that you all would have been able to see through Maria's 'other' game.  As you all know, she hates to lose, but just losing is too ego damaging so there has to be another reason which caused her to lose.  In the case of Cincinnati it was a fake heel injury which, added to the fact that she was totally burned out before the end of the second set and could not close out the match when she had the chance...and she had a lot of them, it just added to the sympathy of her fans who said....aww never mind Maria, we know you deserved to win.

She deserved nothing.  she had her opportunities but didn't have the power to take them.   Tennis is not a charity.  Did you expect Kim to say, never mind Maria, I'll let you win anyway because you played so well in the first set?

And I will forecast now what will happen at the US Open.  I'd even put money on it.  At some time, 3rd or 4th round, when Maria is having a tough match and is one set down, she will take a medical time out in the third set and try to get her breath back and her head together. When she loses the match, she will blame it all on the injury that she claims to have got during the match...or even in the previous match.  In that way, you will all say...She could have won if it wasn't for the darn injury.  Mark my words.... It will happen.

She will be seeded somwhere in midfield, so dont expect any preferential treatment.  She'll have to take her chances like the rest of other Russians.

Ruyman_Mashalover
#1010 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:29:40 AM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)

I think Maria's chances of winning are higher now because of Serena's withdrawal, but not only hers but everyone else has now a bigger chance, because undoubtedly, Serena is the best player in women's tennis right now. 

Anyway, I think Maria will not be able to win this tournament, because although she's been improving, she's having problems when closing out matches, and that way you can not win such a big tournament as the US Open. Wish her the best, but I don't see it comin'.

ved_mariafan
#1240 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 10:38:10 AM(UTC)
ved_mariafan

[quote user="Ruyman_Mashalover"]

I think Maria's chances of winning are higher now because of Serena's withdrawal, but not only hers but everyone else has now a bigger chance, because undoubtedly, Serena is the best player in women's tennis right now. 

Anyway, I think Maria will not be able to win this tournament, because although she's been improving, she's having problems when closing out matches, and that way you can not win such a big tournament as the US Open. Wish her the best, but I don't see it comin'.

[/quote]

that makes one of us [8-)]

Ruyman_Mashalover
#1011 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 10:50:05 AM(UTC)
Ruyman_Mashalover

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
so u think she will be able to win it? Hope so.