logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Анна Чакветадзе -- Chaki
paul_pipkin
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:25:02 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1876 time(s) in 1246 post(s)

The Chakster is BACK!!! [:D] Takes the Portoroz championship! Flash: Coach Kordasz can make our little emo LAUGH! [:O]

Big congrats. She'll get a week off, I think. She was scheduled for Istanbul but obviously couldn't get there in time to qualify.

Honestly, I was just looking for a victory picture when I found she was in that same French FHM magazine that had the picture of Vika last summer--another new image of the Chakster. [:)]

Anna Chakvetadze in FHM 

http://www.womenstennisblog.com/2009/05/28/bikini-photos-azarenka-cibulkova-bondarenko-chakvetadze-in-french-fhm/ 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
nazarik
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:32:18 PM(UTC)
nazarik

^ Paul,do you think. I mean , are you shure she is really came back? I didnt watch this tournement  and have no idea how she played...
paul_pipkin
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 6:09:45 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Yes. We are talking about heightened accuracy, use of angles & depth to a degree she's not shown before. Now, I am not saying there won't be more bumps--and she's still gonna be a three-set girl, but check it out: She wears her feelings on her sleeve. That will continue to tick off commentats but they can get used to it. Like Vera Z's tantrums, that's Chaki & she ain't changing.

HOWEVER: Besides the final, I watched her play Errani, Dushevina (where she saved two match points), Hercog--there, Chaki got bageled in the first set but IT DID NOT FAZE HER. More Important than technical improvement, she's getting control over herself--stopped getting in her own way, y'know? [H] 

nazarik
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 6:18:11 PM(UTC)
nazarik

Yeah, I got the point here,her main problem always been her mental weakness during the matches,if she is really getting control of herself then it could provide some positive changes,talented girl  , hope she  will be able to proove it and get back to winnning ways
paul_pipkin
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 6:28:02 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="nazarik"]Yeah, I got the point here,her main problem always been her mental weakness during the matches,if she is really getting control of herself then it could provide some positive changes,talented girl  , hope she  will be able to proove it and get back to winnning ways

[/quote]

Her current coach, Cristian Kordasz of Argentina, appears to be a very positive influence. But I won't give him all the credit. Chaki has shown incremental improvement for some months--just so incremental, it could easily go unnoticed.

nazarik
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 6:52:29 PM(UTC)
nazarik

Ha-ha,incremental indeed,specially if you compare her to gigantic progress of one and only Serena![;)]According American sports media she is now almost capable of anything possible,impossible etc. Looks like Statue of Liberty must be replaced by this black pearl,ha-ha[;)]
paul_pipkin
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 7:19:30 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

LOL! Yeah, I knew that was coming. Like they really care for her, I'm so sure. We oughta have this one figured out by now--the "disappointment" set-up. Over-hype the thing so her next stumble will look like a big failure.

The media & WTA had no more than declared the "Russian Empire has Fallen" that you had Zvonareva pushing to finals & back to top ten, Masha back, Safina at least back on court & new Russian kids pushing up fast. Now THIS thing! They're freakin' out--I love it! [H]

mashadabest
#3 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2010 6:19:31 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[:O] Chaki won something!!!  Lol awesome, congrats!!!
dinara :D
#2 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2010 6:33:46 AM(UTC)
dinara :D

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
CONGRATS CHAKI!!! [:D]
POPOVERS
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 1:39:26 AM(UTC)
POPOVERS

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

The Chakster is BACK!!! [:D] Takes the Portoroz championship! Flash: Coach Kordasz can make our little emo LAUGH! [:O]

Big congrats. She'll get a week off, I think. She was scheduled for Istanbul but obviously couldn't get there in time to qualify.

Honestly, I was just looking for a victory picture when I found she was in that same French FHM magazine that had the picture of Vika last summer--another new image of the Chakster. [:)]

Anna Chakvetadze in FHM 

http://www.womenstennisblog.com/2009/05/28/bikini-photos-azarenka-cibulkova-bondarenko-chakvetadze-in-french-fhm/ 

[/quote]

i really missed chaki! she's a good friend of masha so i love chaki too LOL!grats to her ! hope she'll rejoin in top ten again [:D]

paul_pipkin
#10 Posted : Friday, August 06, 2010 9:39:08 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

I overslept so I don't know whether this morning's cutoff of Copenhagen streams blacked her out but, Potoroz notwithstanding, who knew that Chaki would wipe out Hercog 64 63 in an hour flat!? -- in spite of 6 DFS (2 aces & 70% first serve). [

Now it gets a bit complicated. Princess (assuming she gets by Julia) wasn't supposed to face a resurgent Russian so Political Pete has gotta run and do some quick restitching. [;)] Makes me "no nevermind". Reaching the Danish semifinals confirms the import of Chaki's Potoroz victory. [Y]

ДАВАЙ  АННА!!! [H]

POPOVERS
#15 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 9:54:05 AM(UTC)
POPOVERS

haven't heard bout chaki btw....how's her career going on atm?
paul_pipkin
#11 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 11:47:38 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="POPOVERS"]haven't heard bout chaki btw....how's her career going on atm?
[/quote]

"atm"?

POPOVERS
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:07:10 AM(UTC)
POPOVERS

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[quote user="POPOVERS"]haven't heard bout chaki btw....how's her career going on atm?
[/quote]

"atm"?

[/quote]

yeah " at the moment" hahaha

paul_pipkin
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:29:55 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Oh, okay. [H] Well, she won Potoroz & showed very well at Copenhagen. I think she's coming back. Any other returning former top ten player would be offered wild cards. But they've always treated her like dirt & nothing's changed. She's not yet high enough again to avoid qualies, which effectively means she can't play back-to-back tournaents. Like, she was to have played Istanbul (and I'm sure would have done well there) but was in the Potoroz final, so couldn't get there to qualify. But you'll see her soon. [H]
paul_pipkin
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:37:01 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Portrait of the Chakster winning--emo rulez! [H]

Will play Dushevina in the quarterfinal NB 18:00 Moscow, 16:00 CEST, 14:00 GMT.

Portrait of Chaki losing. [um] "Sunshine"? Just not Anna's way.

paul_pipkin
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:18:37 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Posted by Pink Princess on tennisforum:

Russian tennis player Anna Chakvetadze in Stuttgart, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany on April 28, 2009. The Russians dominate women's tennis and there is a tidal wave of fiercely competitive and attractive Russians taking over the game. Many of the women come from harsh Soviet origins and now have glamorous, globe-trotting lifestyles and status as cross-over icons in fashion and culture.

paul_pipkin
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:00:49 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

The Chakster enters Politics!  

Tennis player Chakvetadze named as Right Cause candidate

Tennis player Anna Chakvetadze 

MOSCOW, September 20 (RIA Novosti)

Tennis player Anna Chakvetadze was named on Tuesday as one of the three parliamentary candidates put forward by Russia's Right Cause Party.

Tycoon Mikhail Prokhorov quit as party head last week.

Chakvetadze will be joined by the party's joint leaders Andrei Dunayev and Andrei Bogdanov. She has said is ready to "take part in everything" connected to the December polls.

But analysts were skeptical that even the addition of Chakvetadze would be enough to see the party perform well at the elections to the State Duma.

Chakvetadze was world number 5 in 2007, but has since slipped to 150 after taking a career break.

My take:

Right Cause politics are not mine, though not so far afield as might appear at first glance. :humm: The American ear must readjust to a lexicon where "Union of Right Forces" is liberal (and conversely "Liberal Democrat" is fascist-nationalist!LOL!

There is a reasonable description at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Cause 

They say it's generally regarded as a pro-Kremlin party. While little chance of reaching a Duma representation threshold, they seem to enjoy some success in "city councils". Unclear whether Anna Chakvetadze is affiliated with the main body of the party or the outgoing faction of rich boy Mikhail Prokhorov.

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110915/166860189.html 

I would suspect she's more likely with the mainstream. Now, the RIA Novosti story seems to say she is in fact a Duma candidate.

http://en.ria.ru/russia/20110920/166986813.html 

That would be a more or less token or issue-candaidacy, like Green & Libertarian congressional candidacies here in the States, not so attention-intensive.

I welcome all formal political involvement by any players--thaz way better than serving as de facto puppets of corporate-political interests like some I might name over here.8-) 

Hey, I'm good with this, I'm good... Image

Chaki, you go girl! :brav: Just the Chak Attack alone could get you elected! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMPgIZLIUSw

CROUCHING TIGER
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:29:41 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
This morning i the paper : "Former tennisstar Chakvetadse aims politics with the PRAVOE DELO party.

If they get ito the Duma, Anna goals are youth & tennis. Founder and millionaire Mikhail Prokhorov

"left" the Party on September 15th"...??? www.pravoedelo.ru

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
paul_pipkin
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:38:34 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Maria Sharapova worried forAnna Chakvetadze's career

Anna Chakvetadze

Anna Chakvetadze is reported to have decided to run for the Russian parliament Source: AFP

WORLD No2 Maria Sharapova says her compatriot Anna Chakvetadze's decision to run for the Russian parliament would make it “tough” on her tennis.

“I think it obviously takes a lot of time, so it's tough to do two things, two pretty big things at the same time,” Sharapova told reporters after clearing the second round in the Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo.

“But if she feels strong about it, obviously it's a personal choice,” Sharapova said, adding she was “not really sure” whether Chakvetadze, world No.5 in 2007, was still going to play, or commit herself to politics.

Russian media reported that the 24-year-old Chakvetadze had been named as one of the three parliamentary candidates put forward by Russia's Right Cause Party, a pro-business party with limited public support.

Chakvetadze was forced to retire from her third WTA tournament in a row in Stuttgart due to a mystery illness in April and she also withdrew from Madrid, Rome, Brussels and Roland Garros in May.

Her withdrawals continued at Copenhagen in June, Budapest, Bad Gastein, College Park and Carlsbad in July, and the US Open and Tashkent in September.

AFP 

Sport, politics mix for tennis ace

RUSSIA'S 2007 US Open semi-finalist Anna Chakvetadze is to try her hand at politics.

Chakvetadze is to stand for the Right Cause party in the upcoming elections for the country's lower house of parliament, the State Duma.

The 24-year-old, formerly ranked in the top five in the world and winner of eight WTA titles, has not played since Wimbledon because of poor health.

However, she faces an uphill task in the elections as the party is in disarray after billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov was ousted as their leader last week.

Chakvetadze, though, said she wanted to "try something new" and focus on women's rights and children's sports.

"I joined the Right Cause Party because it's a young party," she said.

"All of its members are young people, who have many fresh ideas.

"I believe I also can bring some fresh ideas into this project.

The Right Cause, a pro-business party in the country has little popular support with political pundits saying they have the support of only about two per cent of the population.

Meanwhile, World number two Maria Sharapova said her compatriot’s decision to run for the Russian parliament would make it "tough" on her career in the sport.

"I think it obviously takes a lot of time, so it's tough to do two things, two pretty big things at the same time," Sharapova told reporters after clearing the second round in the Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo.

"But if she feels strong about it, obviously it's a personal choice," Sharapova said, adding she was "not really sure" whether Chakvetadze was still going to play, or commit herself to politics.