logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<3536373839>»
ROLAND GARROS - Les Internationaux de France 2010 Official thread
Dartagnan
#192 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 5:02:17 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)
[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="Philli"]

Hey Paul, here's a giggle for you.   Back in 2008, after Maria got beaten in the second round at Wimbledon by Alla Kudryavtseva ranked 154, she was asked in the post match Interview if her shoulder was okay.  She replied 'Uh Huh'.  6 weeks later after retiring in Canada when the shoulder finally collapsed, she admitted that she had been having pain with it for over a year , day and night, and was on pain killers all the time.  So, the little Uh Huh was a lie.  What reminded me of it was last week in her second round interview when a reporter asked about her new outfit.. He asked if she designed it herself.  She replied 'Uh Huh'.  Struck me as being funny and another downright lie.

Here's a thought for you. I wonder if the LTA will allow Venus to wear the same in white at Wimbledon.

[/quote]

Early in the game, I think it was implicit that she worked with the designer team. But if she's actually good at this stuff, she could be doing all the design by now.

Heh-heh. Venus should take along a white version of the can-can for pre-tournament appearance--for more publicity and to jerk the old boys' chains just a bit. [H]

[/quote]

A Can can's dress gives you no chance to win a tournement. Look all the tennis Champions, they never wear a can can dress for a serious tournament. When people see your dress they know what is happening in your head. You always think about can can. And during the game you always think about what people are thinking about your can can dress so you can't concentrate on your game. So I advice to tennis player to wear normal tennis dress and confortable ones to win the final but not a ridiculous can can dress.  

If you want to dance can can go to Paris in Moulin Rouge. If you want to play pro tennis be serious.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Philli
#583 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 2:09:23 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

You're right Dartagnan, but then, wearing a custom made special Nike costume and Tiffany earrings doesn't help to win tournaments either.  It just makes you look good even when you Lose. 

You walked right into that one, didn't you?

CROUCHING TIGER
#167 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 5:25:25 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Wicked are u, Philli-wan. Un peu de respect pour le pruex chevalier s.v.p. The Queen of France he saved and the "Queen of Tennis" he loves.[U]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
shrapi
#640 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 7:57:46 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Just saw that Serena looks distroyed by Stosur.

Stosur won the first set 6:2

Stosur is the better player at the moment.

JJ won first set because Shvedova failed only at her last serve.

She was the better player in the first set but JJ had more luck.

CROUCHING TIGER
#168 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 8:16:21 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Looks like Sam's gonna kick (fat)a$s again[8-|]

shrapi
#641 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 8:44:40 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Not sure.

Serena overcome in the second.

JJ won against Shvedova.

Shvedova played so well, sorry for her.

paul_pipkin
#509 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 9:52:11 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)
[quote user="shrapi"]

Not sure.

Serena overcome in the second.

JJ won against Shvedova.

Shvedova played so well, sorry for her.

[/quote]

Ah, the brilliance, the drama... [|-)] the tedium. One can only wonder if Sam will make any more serious effort to deal with short balls from a Serfb, Russian or Italian than she did against this blundering cow! One dumb drop shot, easily within Serena's reach, but that Sam could equally obviously get back, she just turned & walked away from! My gawd, she tried every way she could to GIVE it to the Yank! I cheer Serena's defeat nonetheless.

I'll see it again, of course. ESPN2 will show every dumb second of this almost Li Na-quality farce rather than let us watch the beautiful Kazakhstani. Might get us thinking there's more in the world than our masters tell us. [;)] Yeah, Yaroslava played a quality match, lost only by her errors--which are entirely a matter of more work on CONTROL. Those returns are going long & wide solely because she needs more fine control over her own power. She's coming up. I'm good with her progress. [H]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#510 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 10:10:49 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Philli"]

You're right Dartagnan, but then, wearing a custom made special Nike costume and Tiffany earrings doesn't help to win tournaments either.  It just makes you look good even when you Lose. 

[/quote]

What Masha NEEDS to wear is that white & red job from the Collection that Nike's had on Goerges & Pivovarova! [8-|]

TMI. [^o)] OTOH, do you s'pose we could get Lenochka in this rig? Just once would do it--paparazzi on the job. [;)]

Philli
#584 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 10:31:27 AM(UTC)
Philli

Forget it Paul, her mother chooses her outfits and she is still living in the 60s.  Bib and brace ...I ask you, that outfit would have looked just as good on Billy Jean King...in fact, I think its one of her old ones.
deadchip
#202 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 10:41:41 AM(UTC)
deadchip

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Good job by Stosur. I though she might crash and burn after losing that second set, but she managed to steady herself. I think she is playing very well right now and I think she will beat Jelena. I thought Justine did not look very good in her last match, credit to Stodur, but I think matches with Maria drain a lot out Justine. Too bad, Maria didn't get to play a Justine which was making tons of errors in the end of the third set!!! Oh well!!! Princess looked completely flabbergasted by Francesca, who is playing very, very well on her best surface. Both women's semis look like great matches.
Masha is my #1!!
Philli
#585 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 10:52:45 AM(UTC)
Philli

The Dark Side of the Serve has been defeated, this time by Mad Sam from beyond the Thunderdome. 
paul_pipkin
#511 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 11:19:51 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Philli"]The Dark Side of the Serve has been defeated, this time by Mad Sam from beyond the Thunderdome.  [/quote]

[H] [Y]

But c'mon... In BJK's day, you had to go to a strip joint to see a dress like that. [;)]

CROUCHING TIGER
#169 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 12:20:31 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Mad Sam was still hungry for revenge. One finger cut off she had, but the Dark Side had many more. At the docks of the Seine a ship had come. With the Terrible Green Blob it was filled. Green Blob for her Sarbian opponent. Sleep Mad Sam would not. Making plans for total annihilation she would. HAIL SAM...HAIL THE DESTROYER...

fking_crazy
#274 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 12:26:50 PM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Great Slammy Sammy. Her powerful all-court tennis is awesome. Her sliced shots are fu$king mortal.

Who can stop her from winning her first Grand Slam?

paul_pipkin
#512 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 1:20:33 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="fking_crazy"]

Great Slammy Sammy. Her powerful all-court tennis is awesome. Her sliced shots are fu$king mortal.

[/quote]

Oh, maybe a Serb, or a Russian or maybe an Italian. [H]

Hey, I'll congratulate Sam, but not to get orgasmic. I'll have to see the first two sets later 'cause I preferred to watch a woman i actually like to look at, BUT: The scores are clear. After FAILING TO PLAY for almost two sets, Serena came bulling back like you've seen her do dozens of times before and Sam obviously couldn't handle it or there wouldn't be a third set. [;)]

I DID watch the third set and that was nothing to write home about. Couple of times I wondered if Sam were a Li Na deal who just camed there to tank for the Sweathawg on a bad day. She finally took it when Serena couldn't.

I AM GLAD SHE WON--if for no other reason that the Yank mouthpieces are not keen on her. Dunno why, really, but you can clearfly hear the subtext. At this moment, of course, they sing her praises--they gotta. She beat Serena so by definition she must've played brilliantly. [:P]

Not so much.

Dartagnan
#193 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 2:20:46 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

You are right Paul. Tiffany earings and special Nike costume don't help to win famous tournament. Maria should keep them for exhibition matches and wear a confortable custom during serious matches.

The more important point is the victory. When you win you are famous and everybody likes you. When you lose you become less famous and people start liking other famous athletes. 

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="Philli"]

[/quote]

What Masha NEEDS to wear is that white & red job from the Collection that Nike's had on Goerges & Pivovarova! [8-|]

TMI. [^o)] OTOH, do you s'pose we could get Lenochka in this rig? Just once would do it--paparazzi on the job. [;)]

[/quote]
"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Nella
#442 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 2:23:35 PM(UTC)

The best news of today is that Stosur WON !  [Y]

Sorry Paul, I go for a final between Stosur and Schiavone with a win for Schiavone.

At the end of her career, a Grand Slam title will be the cream on the cake [^]

paul_pipkin
#513 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 4:45:17 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Nella"]

The best news of today is that Stosur WON !  [Y]

Sorry Paul, I go for a final between Stosur and Schiavone with a win for Schiavone.

At the end of her career, a Grand Slam title will be the cream on the cake [^]

[/quote]

That IS good news. [Y] I'm not convinced what Sam will do with it, but the victory stands for itself.

Now, you bet against Lenochka every single time, no matter who the opponent is--which tells me you credit Western commentary way too much. [;)] That said, Elena is playing against injuries & Schiavone is moving very well. That can make the difference especially on clay so you might be right. Still, the record says it can go either way.

Head-to-head: Elena by 6-4, won the last three, two in straight sets, and an earlier match on clay.

http://www.sonyericssonw...va_2255881_2018/0,,12781~2018~7820,00.html 

Philli
#586 Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 2:09:23 AM(UTC)
Philli

You should read Serena's post match interview.  All she kept saying was that She didn't play her best tennis today, but  Stosur played very well.  Fact is, Sam totally outplayed her most of the time.. No matter how much better Serena's game 'might have been' , there was no way she could have got to some of those returns, they were just too accurately placed for the fat cow to reach them. She finally got bullied out of the match in the same way she likes to bully others.

Philli Wan sat silently in the corner of the court as Mad Sam systematically dismantled and destroyed the Dark side's power over her. Completely defeated, The Dark Sister left the court in a state of shock unable to grasp what had just happened to her. Phiili Wan smiled to herself and muttered in a low voice. 'Well done Sam, may the serve be with you...always'.

fking_crazy
#277 Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 3:08:05 AM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="fking_crazy"]

[/quote]

Oh, maybe a Serb, or a Russian or maybe an Italian. [H] [/quote]

Well Paul I know you fall for a certain leggy Russian blondie. It's good for you coz I'm pretty sure she will play the final. The Italian plays real good but I think she's not able to get through.

Sam has just one obstacle to get to the final. The Serb doesn't seem a big obstacle to me. She's no stronger than Williams and definitely not a complete player like Henin. If Sam keeps playing that well, she will make her way to the final.

The question is whether the Russian can overpower the Aussie?