logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<3435363738>»
ROLAND GARROS - Les Internationaux de France 2010 Official thread
Dartagnan
#195 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 5:09:57 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)
[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

POSSIBLY IMPORTANT: Petrova & Stosur retired 61 1-0 from doubles against the Bondarenkos. As they are both facing quarterfinals, it may be a small thing but I don't know why they retired or who might have an injury. Anyone know?

Someone want to start a Birmingham thread? [8-|]

from tennisforum.com:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammm

Hey
I was at RG today and saw this. Nadia didn't seem to have an injury or an illness, but she looked lethargic and not really in to the match.
On the other hand, the Bondarenkos were smacking the ball very nicely, hitting all the corners. Unless Nadia and Sam had made a huge effort they were going to lose, so Nadia probably decided to rest up and not risk anything for tomorrow morning.

http://www.tennisforum.c...owthrea...5#post17886395

[/quote]

You are right. Nadia prefers to rest for tomorrow match against Elena. But she has few chance to win. 

Elena is stronger. 

Elena is always ready.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

loMASHAlo
#412 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 5:10:17 PM(UTC)
loMASHAlo

[quote user="iloveyou"]Oh how relieved I am Stosur trashed Justin.  I strongly believe that if Maria played tihe three straight sets last time she would have won Justine definitly..The 'queen of clay' is out as the commentators say.[/quote]

yeah agree with you. IMO,if they played the 3rd set on satuday,she would've won it without any problem. the next day she was on fire in the first 3 games but after that bh error at 0-40 on Justin's serve don't know really what happend to her ,her game started tto fall a part and even when she broke back and served to up 4-4 ,she netted an easy fh and gave Justin 5-3 lead. So, to me the match was good ,very happy to see Maria playing like this on the clay.like her drop shots!!I wanted her to use it in the 3rd set coz it was so effected in the 2nd . Now let's be optimistic coz the serve is back and that's a good sign before Wimbeldon..Good Luck

Hamoudi
#324 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 5:13:23 PM(UTC)
Hamoudi

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[/quote]

The dude who made the AO 2008 one :P no really we need some one like his\her luck now.

lobovet
#410 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 6:07:24 PM(UTC)

do you know what kind of racket maria´s used during roland garros?, becouse is not the exo black of prince, the stencil is not painted and the desing is completly different, tanks
paul_pipkin
#506 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 6:26:07 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 1239 post(s)

[quote user="lobovet"]do you know what kind of racket maria´s used during roland garros?, becouse is not the exo black of prince, the stencil is not painted and the desing is completly different, tanks[/quote]

When a top player uses an unmarked racquet, you can be sure it's not from a line that's paying her. But I do not know what this is.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
angeliscool
#96 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 8:27:11 PM(UTC)
angeliscool

[quote user="Hamoudi"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[/quote]

The dude who made the AO 2008 one :P no really we need some one like his\her luck now.

[/quote]

No, that guy needs to make the Wimbledon one. Birmingham isnt a big deal ;)

Commentators are, for the first time, expecting results from Maria this season. This means no more excuses for Maria...

laki696
#369 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 9:42:10 PM(UTC)

It is head, 100 %
laki696
#371 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 9:43:42 PM(UTC)

If someone can find the match highlights for masha's match with menin,and the one between menin and stosur  could you post the links.tnx in advance
Nella
#441 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 1:44:00 AM(UTC)

[quote user="laki696"]It is head, 100 %
[/quote] That is a racket from the competition ! I don't think it's a Head but made by Prnce ! A racket for testing .
Philli
#581 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 2:24:24 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Eurosport said it is an experimental new Racket from Prince, that's why there are no markings on it.  Now all she needs ia an experimental new arm to use it properly. ROFL.
shrapi
#638 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 3:48:15 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

What a stupid schedule today.

The girls matches at the same time.

Court Philippe Chatrier

14:00 Start

Women's Singles - Quarterfinals

Francesca Schiavone(ITA)[17]
vs.
  Caroline Wozniacki(DEN)[3]

Men's Singles - Quarterfinals

Roger Federer(SUI)[1]
vs.
  Robin Soderling(SWE)[5]

Men's Doubles - Fourth Round

Marc Lopez(ESP) /
  Pere Riba(ESP)
vs.
  Wesley Moodie(RSA)[4] /
  Dick Norman(BEL)[4]

Women's Singles - Quarterfinals

Elena Dementieva(RUS)[5]
vs.
  Nadia Petrova(RUS)[19]

Court Suzanne Lenglen

14:00 Start

Men's Singles - Quarterfinals

Tomas Berdych(CZE)[15]
vs.
  Mikhail Youzhny(RUS)[11]

Men's Doubles - Fourth Round

Lukasz Kubot(POL)[6] /
  Oliver Marach(AUT)[6]
vs.
  Daniel Nestor(CAN)[2] /
  Nenad Zimonjic(SRB

le maitre couturier
#392 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 8:38:37 AM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE IS THE FIRST SEMIFINALIST OF THE RG 2010. WOZNIACKI DEFEATED 6-2 6-3

CROUCHING TIGER
#166 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 8:42:19 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
BRAVO FRANCESCA[H] Problably one of the greatest of her career. Wozniacki simply didn't exist, couldn't find a solution and got frustrated, which isn't very "Princess-like". At almost 30, Francesca gave "the rookie" a fantastic tennislesson. [:P]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
le maitre couturier
#393 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 8:57:59 AM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

FEDERER vs SODERLING on the central right now !!!
shrapi
#639 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 9:04:11 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Lenochka is fighting on Lenglen.

She leads 3:0 in the third set.

Think she can win.

She won 6:0

Congratulations for reaching the semis.

paul_pipkin
#507 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 10:00:46 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]BRAVO FRANCESCA[H] Problably one of the greatest of her career. Wozniacki simply didn't exist, couldn't find a solution and got frustrated, which isn't very "Princess-like". At almost 30, Francesca gave "the rookie" a fantastic tennislesson. [:P]
[/quote]

Princess has gotta learn to figure things out without daddy out there in every set. [;)] I was glued to the Lenglen stream, but I imagine ESPN2 will show Caro lose rather than show a Russian win. [:P]

Francesca is running hot, but you know how fast that can change. I Recall Dubai '08, when David Mercer sighed that he was "afraid Schiavone is a spent force" and it appeared that awful has-been Dementieva would win anyway... (famous last words before Beijing). lol!

ДАВАЙ ЛЕНОЧКА!!! [H]]

Note that Kerrilyn Cramer behaved herself--was immaculate, in fact, even with some considerable line judge incompetency. What's that about? Are all Russians interchangable to her, or has she figured out the sh!t she pulled on Elena in Tokyo won't go away & she better straighten up? Whatever.

Sympathy to Nadia that yesterday's injury lingered more than her fans had hoped. Hope she can be 100% for grass.

Philli
#582 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 10:31:42 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Hey Paul, here's a giggle for you.   Back in 2008, after Maria got beaten in the second round at Wimbledon by Alla Kudryavtseva ranked 154, she was asked in the post match Interview if her shoulder was okay.  She replied 'Uh Huh'.  6 weeks later after retiring in Canada when the shoulder finally collapsed, she admitted that she had been having pain with it for over a year , day and night, and was on pain killers all the time.  So, the little Uh Huh was a lie.  What reminded me of it was last week in her second round interview when a reporter asked about her new outfit.. He asked if she designed it herself.  She replied 'Uh Huh'.  Struck me as being funny and another downright lie.

Here's a thought for you. I wonder if the LTA will allow Venus to wear the same in white at Wimbledon.

paul_pipkin
#508 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 10:45:26 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Philli"]

Hey Paul, here's a giggle for you.   Back in 2008, after Maria got beaten in the second round at Wimbledon by Alla Kudryavtseva ranked 154, she was asked in the post match Interview if her shoulder was okay.  She replied 'Uh Huh'.  6 weeks later after retiring in Canada when the shoulder finally collapsed, she admitted that she had been having pain with it for over a year , day and night, and was on pain killers all the time.  So, the little Uh Huh was a lie.  What reminded me of it was last week in her second round interview when a reporter asked about her new outfit.. He asked if she designed it herself.  She replied 'Uh Huh'.  Struck me as being funny and another downright lie.

Here's a thought for you. I wonder if the LTA will allow Venus to wear the same in white at Wimbledon.

[/quote]

Early in the game, I think it was implicit that she worked with the designer team. But if she's actually good at this stuff, she could be doing all the design by now.

Heh-heh. Venus should take along a white version of the can-can for pre-tournament appearance--for more publicity and to jerk the old boys' chains just a bit. [H]

le maitre couturier
#394 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 11:58:32 AM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

FEDERER IN DANGER !!!![:|]
angeliscool
#89 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 4:46:54 PM(UTC)
angeliscool

[quote user="Philli"]

[/quote]

That's cause Maria doesn't like to use injury as an excuse. And I wouldnt really be surprised if Maria didn't design it..doesnt matter to me anyway.