logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<13141516>
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI
CROUCHING TIGER
#15 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 12:51:17 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
Yep, great commercial for DEFENSIVE non-tennis. [8]play it back...play it back[8]...only 20 and already marching as a good North-Korean soldier. Did Stacey got an orgasm...again? Maybe so, her little puppetshow now leads her circus from nr.1...Congratulations Den-Polish darling...[|-)]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
mashadabest
#193 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:05:03 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="giane"]

[/quote]

You know what I watched the video on YouTube that showed the injury, and for the first time and probably the last time I was going to say something relatively nice about Ivanovic - she actually seemed genuinely concerned for Caroline, but then I watched the handshake. [:|] What a cold handshake. [:S] Anyways whatever not really important.  Congrats to Caroline for winning the title! I have to say though I am not really a fan of her style of tennis, it's kind of boring. But I like the fact that she doesn't give up, like this time when she injured her knee, she carried on through the pain and won the match! [A]

mashadabest
#194 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:11:13 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

Wozniacki defends No. 1 ranking, wins sixth title of year

Can we stop all the talk about how Caroline Wozniacki isn't a deserving No. 1?

The new top-ranked player in the world (whose reign officially began on Monday) outlasted Vera Zvonareva in three sets to win the China Open in Beijing.
It's Wozniacki's sixth title of the year, her sixth consecutive victory
in a final, her third victory in a mandatory/premier tournament and,
finally, a match and a victory over a top-five player.

Satisfied yet?

Wozniacki's
victory is as big a win as you'll see outside of a major tournament.
With all the pressure that came from the No. 1 ranking, the 20-year-old
Dane stood up to the challenge, answered her critics and got revenge for
her U.S. Open semifinal loss to Zvonareva. And she received a
ridiculously big trophy for her troubles.

"I thought in general I
played a really, really good match," Wozniacki said. "I just stayed
focused, I kept running, I tried to keep the pressure on her, tried to
keep her moving and I thought we played a really, really good match."

With the victory and Serena Williams'
announcement that she's out for the rest of the season, Wozniacki all
but assures herself the year-end No. 1 rank. She'll deserve it. I
understand that some factions of folks won't be sated until Wozniacki
wins a Grand Slam, and that's fine. Given her play over the last six
months, I don't think they'll have to wait too long.

Um WHAT?!?!  Okay, I am not meaning to hate on Caroline but what the hell?!  Throughout the whole time that JJ was number 1 all everyone kept saying is Jelena Jankovic hasn't won a Grand Slam, she doesn't deserve the number 1 ranking blah blah blah blah and yet when it comes to Caroline, the media doesn't give a crap that she hasn't won a slam!!!  I don't like how it seems to be one rule for JJ and a totally different one for Caroline, it's not fair. [:(] I swear JJ won like 3 titles back to back before/while she was number 1 [^o)], I don't think Caroline has ever done that.  Stupid media is pissing me off with their bullcrap! [:|]

Oh another note, yellow nail varnish?! [:|] Lol.

paul_pipkin
#261 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:19:52 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 1239 post(s)
[quote user="mashadabest"]

The new top-ranked player in the world (whose reign officially began on Monday) outlasted Vera Zvonareva in three sets to win the China Open in Beijing. It's Wozniacki's sixth title of the year, her sixth consecutive victory in a final, her third victory in a mandatory/premier tournament and, finally, a match and a victory over a top-five player.

Satisfied yet?

Wozniacki's victory is as big a win as you'll see outside of a major tournament. With all the pressure that came from the No. 1 ranking, the 20-year-old Dane stood up to the challenge, answered her critics and got revenge for her U.S. Open semifinal loss to Zvonareva. And she received a ridiculously big trophy for her troubles.

"I thought in general I played a really, really good match," Wozniacki said. "I just stayed focused, I kept running, I tried to keep the pressure on her, tried to keep her moving and I thought we played a really, really good match."

With the victory and Serena Williams' announcement that she's out for the rest of the season, Wozniacki all but assures herself the year-end No. 1 rank. She'll deserve it. I understand that some factions of folks won't be sated until Wozniacki wins a Grand Slam, and that's fine. Given her play over the last six months, I don't think they'll have to wait too long.

Um WHAT?!?!  Okay, I am not meaning to hate on Caroline but what the hell?!  Throughout the whole time that JJ was number 1 all everyone kept saying is Jelena Jankovic hasn't won a Grand Slam, she doesn't deserve the number 1 ranking blah blah blah blah and yet when it comes to Caroline, the media doesn't give a crap that she hasn't won a slam!!!  I don't like how it seems to be one rule for JJ and a totally different one for Caroline, it's not fair. [:(] I swear JJ won like 3 titles back to back before/while she was number 1 [^o)], I don't think Caroline has ever done that.  Stupid media is pissing me off with their bullcrap! [:|]

[/quote]

Hey, Dee! [H] Give it hell. That's what I'm talkin' about, and have all along. I bet if you go back & check what this very Chris Chase wrote about JJ AND Safina, you'll find him damning them with the same criteria he now says shouldn't be used to judge Princess.

There's no way anyone can miss the tilt now. One standard for the "preferred champions" (Yanks and/or West Europeans or Commonwealth when they can find one) as opposed to the Eastern "enemy". Caro is merely the most recent tool to try & maintain the illusion of Western dominance. Any who claim they don't see this are simply in collusion with the agenda.

Furthermore, the media only parrots the actual policy of WTA.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
fking_crazy
#62 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:26:22 PM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Quote:

YES of course she totally deserves the title of PUSHER N°1. There is no doubt on that. I want WTA to create a new trophy and Stacy to hand over to Woz in a very big ceremony with pyrotechnics, music and gogo dancers. On the trophy is etched the inscription "THE FIRST PUSHER #1 IN THE WORLD". And then Stacy can have her orgasm as Tiger expects.

Quote:

Satisfied yet?

No moron. I can't stop talking about Woz as the number 1 in tennis. I didn't eat that WTA sh!t. And you, moron, stop being bewitched by her yellow pant

Quote:
"I thought in general I played a really, really good match," Wozniacki said. "I just stayed focused, I kept running, I tried to keep the pressure on her, tried to keep her moving and I thought we played a really, really good match."

Yeah baby, you just forgot to say you prayed for her to make the error in each game.

paul_pipkin
#264 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:54:58 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="fking_crazy"]

Quote:

YES of course she totally deserves the title of PUSHER N°1. There is no doubt on that. I want WTA to create a new trophy and Stacy to hand over to Woz in a very big ceremony with pyrotechnics, music and gogo dancers. On the trophy is etched the inscription "THE FIRST PUSHER #1 IN THE WORLD". And then Stacy can have her orgasm as Tiger expects.

Quote:

Satisfied yet?

No moron. I can't stop talking about Woz as the number 1 in tennis. I didn't eat that WTA sh!t. And you, moron, stop being bewitched by her yellow pant

Quote:

Yeah baby, you just forgot to say you prayed for her to make the error in each game.

[/quote]

[Y] Totally on the same page with you on this one. Only a serious Kool-Aid drinker can swallow what they're serving now.

And the girls are now totally serving their own agendas (since WTA doesn't respect their interests AT ALL.) I've been monitoring the babes at Linz: Vesnina, Chaki, Alona B, maybe Cibulkova too--just walk on, show a token effort and walk off. Probably already booked to Moscow. I don't foreclose the possibility that something unexpected may go down there or at Doha.

giane
#102 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:18:26 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
[quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="giane"]

[/quote]

You know what I watched the video on YouTube that showed the injury, and for the first time and probably the last time I was going to say something relatively nice about Ivanovic - she actually seemed genuinely concerned for Caroline, but then I watched the handshake. [:|] What a cold handshake. [:S] Anyways whatever not really important.  Congrats to Caroline for winning the title! I have to say though I am not really a fan of her style of tennis, it's kind of boring. But I like the fact that she doesn't give up, like this time when she injured her knee, she carried on through the pain and won the match! [A]

[/quote]

cos the chance is already at her hands.. but despite Caro's injury, she still grabbed the match win.. that's why there had been a cold handshake.. hehehe

DavaiMashenka
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:07:56 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Not the biggest fan of either girl. Well, not in tennis terms anyway.

nazarik
#203 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:57:51 PM(UTC)
nazarik

[quote user="mashadabest"]

The new top-ranked player in the world (whose reign officially began on Monday) outlasted Vera Zvonareva in three sets to win the China Open in Beijing.
It's Wozniacki's sixth title of the year, her sixth consecutive victory
in a final, her third victory in a mandatory/premier tournament and,
finally, a match and a victory over a top-five player.

Satisfied yet?

Wozniacki's
victory is as big a win as you'll see outside of a major tournament.
With all the pressure that came from the No. 1 ranking, the 20-year-old
Dane stood up to the challenge, answered her critics and got revenge for
her U.S. Open semifinal loss to Zvonareva. And she received a
ridiculously big trophy for her troubles.

"I thought in general I
played a really, really good match," Wozniacki said. "I just stayed
focused, I kept running, I tried to keep the pressure on her, tried to
keep her moving and I thought we played a really, really good match."

With the victory and Serena Williams'
announcement that she's out for the rest of the season, Wozniacki all
but assures herself the year-end No. 1 rank. She'll deserve it. I
understand that some factions of folks won't be sated until Wozniacki
wins a Grand Slam, and that's fine. Given her play over the last six
months, I don't think they'll have to wait too long.

[/quote] You are absolutley right,Dee!!! And this is typical double standart policy,they always blame JJ and Dinara for not winning Slams, you know : if you see only what you want to see this  will make you blind... they act just like that...

p.s. about yellow nail varnish: I remember Caroline spoke about it at US open with Eurosport s Barbara Shett , Caroline said:" I like this colour and it suits well to my yellow shorts... " I have no comment,it is really  Barbie doll way of thinking,this is new " role model",this is new" world N1" ,she is blonde and extremely "clever"[:P]

M-Lover
#290 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:40:07 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Hehe I don't know if I will get everybody from this forum to shoot at me coz I'm bumping up this thread. But can you guys imagine? She's number 1 in the world ( for her fans, not for me) and no one talks about her. The last post is age ago (yes that's the way my Brit girlfriend says).

I think it's pretty unfair. You guys don't like her. Neither do I. But that's not a reason to keep her in limbo, right?

Now rumors say Woz will call Martina Navratilova for help and advice. She desperately wants to win a GS to shut up people who say she does not deserve the #1 ranking. More than that, it seems Woz wants to win the Gold next year in the Olympics and give her career a higher level. So what you guys think about that news? Is she capable of achieving that with Martina's help?

paul_pipkin
#291 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:10:40 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

M-Lover;307156 wrote:

Hehe I don't know if I will get everybody from this forum to shoot at me coz I'm bumping up this thread. But can you guys imagine? She's number 1 in the world ( for her fans, not for me) and no one talks about her. The last post is age ago (yes that's the way my Brit girlfriend says).

I think it's pretty unfair. You guys don't like her. Neither do I. But that's not a reason to keep her in limbo, right?

Now rumors say Woz will call Martina Navratilova for help and advice. She desperately wants to win a GS to shut up people who say she does not deserve the #1 ranking. More than that, it seems Woz wants to win the Gold next year in the Olympics and give her career a higher level. So what you guys think about that news? Is she capable of achieving that with Martina's help?

Martina as a tennis instructor--sure. But Political Pete's perilous balancing act 'twixt East & West might suggest they also seek Navratilova's talents in other areas as well In this sense, Piotr's management of Caro overall might be seen as more far-sighted than the typical business agent.

Specific to the Olympiad, however: That the Western sports establishment counts on London to be more open to influence than they found Beijing is a no-brainer. But tennis, with IOC supervision and the All-England Club's venue--I don't think so. I would be very disappointed if the old gentlemen permitted a tilted playing field at this greatest of all moments.

Probably won't happen but I would suggest they ban all WTA supervisory personnel from the venue.  That notwithstanding, if Princess wants the Gold, she'd best prepare to win it without a cake-walk "draw" or preferential treatment from officials. 

thunderthighs
#292 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 9:41:41 AM(UTC)
thunderthighs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

these new super chicks have trouble hanging on once they caught the lead break-away......c.w. need to tuffen up..but she is a cute'...ciao

Baris1989
#293 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:51:44 PM(UTC)
Baris1989

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I do like Woz, she is good for the game BUT she needs to go away and develop powerful weapons to move up a level (in playing terms).

paul_pipkin
#294 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 10:58:12 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

FLASH: Caro, playing at Bastad, Sweden this week without Piotr,  just retired up a set against Arvidsson 62 01 with what appeared to be a serious shoulder injury

Brebis
#296 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 2:47:38 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 215 post(s)

paul_pipkin;308920 wrote:

FLASH: Caro, playing at Bastad, Sweden this week without Piotr,  just retired up a set against Arvidsson 62 01 with what appeared to be a serious shoulder injury

I think she finally realized how stupid she by playing the week after Wimbledon. The only top 10 player to do so !!  Faked an injury and is now under a palm tree in Monaco. 

M-Lover
#295 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:22:26 PM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Caroline isn't feeling good right now. She for sure realized she's being suffering from many lacks in her tennis. When she was a pretender to the top ranking, these deficiencies were not that important, because she was just a young player having nothing to defend. Now she has to justify her top position and to defend it. It's not easy when you don't have many weapons in your arms. Sending back the ball and waiting for your opponent to make the mistake are definitely not the right weapon for a champion. Caroline is now at the turning point of her career. She's aware that if she doesn't change something in her tennis, she will keep running after a GS for years, and maybe she will never ever win a Grand Slam. Hire a new coach might be the right solution. Caroline, time's up to make a big decision.

Excerpt from tennis.com

Piotr Wozniacki lashes out at his and daughter Caroline’s critics for saying she should consider hiring a new coach. Piotr is Caroline’s primary coach, but she also uses the services of adidas’ Sven Groenfeld. Piotr was not at the tournament in Bastad, Sweden, where Caroline retired in the second round with an injury.

"I hope that all the Danish experts are pleased that the father is no longer with her daughter, says Piotr told Ekstra Bladet. "There has been a lot of focus on me, so I hope the experts are satisfied that I was not in Bastad.”

Caroline wrote on her blog that she might be considering doing some things differently. The No. 1 suffered early defeats both at Roland Garros and at Wimbledon.

"I know there are many who criticize me and who want, among other things, that I need to change coaches. It is a period when I walk around and think about what will happen in the future. The period I have to go through now is not easy. That is why I will take my precautions about how I must make myself ready for the challenges ahead…I am sorry to have disappointed my fans with a defeat, but I will get strong again and will do anything to get even better."

Hamoudi
#297 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 6:16:31 AM(UTC)
Hamoudi

Brebis;308958 wrote:

I think she finally realized how stupid she by playing the week after Wimbledon. The only top 10 player to do so !!  Faked an injury and is now under a palm tree in Monaco. 

Isn't that how she reached world No.1 in first place ? participating in every single tournament in the tour !

paul_pipkin
#298 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 6:21:18 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Hamoudi;309062 wrote:

Brebis;308958 wrote:

Isn't that how she reached world No.1 in first place, participating in every single tournament in the tour ?

Ahmad!  How are you? Glad to hear from you.

Correct. The same as JJ did--with the same danger of burning out. 

Hamoudi
#299 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 6:28:04 AM(UTC)
Hamoudi

paul_pipkin;309063 wrote:

Hamoudi;309062 wrote:

Brebis;308958 wrote:

Isn't that how she reached world No.1 in first place, participating in every single tournament in the tour ?

Hey !! I'm fine thank you :) I was only busy with school, you know what parents do when they want medicine college, love them but fuck medicine hehe, anyway great to be back here and nice to hear from you again, I hope everything is fine with you :)

paul_pipkin
#300 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 6:50:34 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Hamoudi;309064 wrote:

paul_pipkin;309063 wrote:

Hamoudi;309062 wrote:

Brebis;308958 wrote:

Hey !! I'm fine thank you :) I was only busy with school, you know what parents do when they want medicine college, love them but fuck medicine hehe, anyway great to be back here and nice to hear from you again, I hope everything is fine with you :)

Comprends. Aw, I'm old & everything's falling apart but hey, I'm good, I'm good... 

I'm here in the Shoutbox most days during play.