logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<1234>»
Allure Sharapova
le maitre couturier
#81 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 10:15:38 AM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Some orange dresses by great stylists

Christian Dior, 1950s                                                  Elsa Schiapparelli, 1935

Dartagnan
#20 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 6:42:23 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

I think this dress will be perfect for Sharapova

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

le maitre couturier
#82 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 9:09:54 AM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

Yeah, it's an evening dress near to the Vittorian age style and so it's a pompous one but if the purpose is going to a ball that's not a bad idea, it's surely better than a yellow one: with an orange dress many women could be shining (like in Maria's case) but it's quiet difficult to obtain the same effect with a yellow dress 'cause it isn't a shade so luminous; many people connect the yellow color to things full of light such as the sun & so they think that a yellow cloth must be luminous, but it often happens that the dress turns out to be opaque. Generally it's not easy to create beautiful clothes with lively colors such as yellow, orange or red. However, between these three shades the best one in fashion is absolutely red: it's a particular one & it's not easy to use it, but when you can you have wonderful results.

Valentino Garavani, red dresses

Dartagnan
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 11:26:11 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Here  yellow and orange dresses for Sharapova. What do you think about them?

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

krishnapriya
#73 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 11:41:15 AM(UTC)
krishnapriya

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

le maitre couturier
#83 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:42:35 PM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

As you can see in the photos you sent there's a great difference between the yellow one and the orange one. The yellow cloth possesses a kind of brightness but it's always a so delicate shade that the light turns out to be opaque or "faded"; while orange is a "stronger" color. Look, for example, this two simple dresses by Christian Dior; one of them is yellow & the other one is black, now, generally you may think that the first must be more luminous than the second 'cause yellow is the color of the sun & black the color of the night, yet this is not right: in fact the cloth dyed with yellow possesses a faded gleam & it looks "sicly", while the black shines ... often fashion is such a mystery.

Dartagnan
#22 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:48:23 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

[quote user="le maitre couturier"]

As you can see in the photos you sent there's a great difference between the yellow one and the orange one.

[/quote]

Your yellow dress looks a dress of a 50 years old woman.

I don’t really like black dresses because they remember me sad moments. Usually people wear black dresses when they lost someone.

Even in this white dress Masha looks older. She needs something for her age.

Masha needs dresses for young people. She is young and pretty.

I like this white dress and this hair cut.

MariaSharapova4thjuly.jpg image by Fashion_Critic_

le maitre couturier
#84 Posted : Sunday, November 01, 2009 7:08:41 AM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

You have reason about the yellow cloth, maybe because it's a sixty years old dress too, but it's quiet difficult to find some yellow dresses designed by famous stylists & it was important for the purpose to show two clothes created by the same maison, so I sent the first two photos I had found. Unfortunately, I don't agree with you about the black dresses, I love them, but I understand that they may be linked with sad events such as funerals (there's a legend about the little black dress by Chanel which says that the French stylist invented the so called cloth after the death of his great love Artur Capel), but this is an heredity of our culture: in fact, as you probably know, in Japan white is the color required for funerals. About white I agree with you, all over if she wear a show-white cloth, the pure shade is not a right idea for her, but in the two photos you put it's not only the color to be wrong: the form of the dress, the hair cut & the make-up are all wrong too (it seems that she hasn't sleep for days). I think that Maria should always dress softenings of colors, not pure shades.

Maria in a softening of black; Maria in pure white

Dartagnan
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 01, 2009 3:54:16 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Masha looks great with curly hair. What do you think the colors of her clothes?

They were also celebrating Halloween with a Maria Sharapova look-a-like contest, Los Angeles, CA.

Maria Sharapova at the T-Mobile Store opening and launch of the new Sony Ericsson Equinox phone. They were also celebrating Halloween with a Maria Sharapova look-a-like contest, Los Angeles, CA.Maria Sharapova at the T-Mobile Store opening and launch of the new Sony Ericsson Equinox phone. They were also celebrating Halloween with a Maria Sharapova look-a-like contest, Los Angeles, CA.

le maitre couturier
#85 Posted : Sunday, November 01, 2009 5:03:24 PM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

You have so reason about curly hair: they're absolutely the best for her. And about the daily-cloth: simply excellent! Beige color is perfect for Maria's skin&hair, & it is also well mixed with the black slacks. Usually, I don't like clothes too low-necked (of course I think they're very sexy, but I don't love them for an aesthetic factor), but in this case it is usefull 'cause it has the function to lengthen the face & the neck & this fact contributes, with the curly hair, to reach up the whole shape: & this effect, as you know, is more difficult in a daily-cloth than in an evening dress (because the first one is usually divided in two parts: the shirt & the skirt/slacks). Fashion designers forget too often to present in their shows daily-clothes together with dresses, sometimes they forget the great creative potentiality of this kind of clothes. 

Karl Lagerfeld, Artist Director de la Maison Chanel

Dartagnan
#24 Posted : Sunday, November 01, 2009 6:05:19 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

You have so reason about curly hair: they're absolutely the best for her. And about the daily-cloth: simply excellent! Beige color is perfect for Maria's skin&hair, & it is also well mixed with the black slacks. Usually, I don't like clothes too low-necked (of course I think they're very sexy, but I don't love them for an aesthetic factor), but in this case it is usefull 'cause it has the function to lengthen the face & the neck & this fact contributes, with the curly hair, to reach up the whole shape: & this effect, as you know, is more difficult in a daily-cloth than in an evening dress (because the first one is usually divided in two parts: the shirt & the skirt/slacks). Fashion designers forget too often to present in their shows daily-clothes together with dresses, sometimes they forget the great creative potentiality of this kind of clothes. 

[/quote]

I agree with your comments about her clothes colors and effects.

We can conclude that Sharapova knows how to choose the correct colors for her clothes.

Maria Sharapova at the T-Mobile Store opening and launch of the new Sony Ericsson Equinox phone. They were also celebrating Halloween with a Maria Sharapova look-a-like contest, Los Angeles, CA.

le maitre couturier
#86 Posted : Monday, November 02, 2009 5:13:00 AM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

Oui, she knows very well how to choose the colors of her clothes, of course sometimes she makes a mistake, but everybody does & all the other times she's always so divine that we can forget her little mistakes. It's rare to find a woman so elegant as she is.

If we have spoken enought about clothes, I know that Maria loves very much jewelry, expecially the Tiffany & Co.'s one, I confess this is an argument which I don't know very well because, of course, I don't wear any kind of jewels; but I think that many of them are very beautiful, even if i prefer the ones with false precious stones (Chanel's long necklaces were made with false pearl too). What do you think? 

Dartagnan
#25 Posted : Monday, November 02, 2009 11:18:09 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Oui, she knows very well how to choose the colors of her clothes, of course sometimes she makes a mistake, but everybody does & all the other times she's always so divine that we can forget her little mistakes. It's rare to find a woman so elegant as she is.

If we have spoken enought about clothes, I know that Maria loves very much jewelry, expecially the Tiffany & Co.'s one, I confess this is an argument which I don't know very well because, of course, I don't wear any kind of jewels; but I think that many of them are very beautiful, even if i prefer the ones with false precious stones (Chanel's long necklaces were made with false pearl too). What do you think? 

[/quote]

I think we are here to correct her little mistakes about her clothes’ colors and other things. Your ideas will be welcomed to this thread.

Yes Sharapova likes jewelry especially the ones with rare stones.  She has the prettiest earrings. Look these eyes!!!!! They are the prettiest diamonds.

le maitre couturier
#87 Posted : Monday, November 02, 2009 5:01:47 PM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

Yes Sharapova likes jewelry especially the ones with rare stones.  She has the prettiest earrings. Look these eyes!!!!! They are the prettiest diamonds.

You said the truth about her eyes & the earnings are perfectly mixed with them. However, it's surprising how many jewels made with diamonds she posses, I really don't know how much all of them may cost!!! I show you these two old necklaces by Chanel: I don't know their prices & how many pieces of them had been product (probably they're not even on sale), but I think that Maria herself could have some difficulties to buy them. 

I think we are here to correct her little mistakes about her clothes’ colors and other things. Your ideas will be welcomed to this thread.

Parfait, I'm happy to know that my ideas of style are still welcome here; I thought that after 32 posts you were bored by my rewiews&criticisms. So, as soon as you can, you can send other photos of Sharapova's dresses (you always find the best photos on the net) & I will continue to explain my thoughts about them.

Dartagnan
#26 Posted : Monday, November 02, 2009 8:04:22 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Another picture of Sharapova, you can notice that Sharapova likes black dresses. You have advised her to wear a black dress which covers all her body. Right.

She has other earrings on this picture. Nice eyes.

le maitre couturier
#88 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2009 9:51:50 AM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

Probably I would have chosen a longer one, but we have to admit that in these photos she has an incredible sensuality. Besides, she doesn't have curly hair, yet they're perfect for these dress&earnings (I hope they aren't of diamonds, because in this case they would be two very big stones). However, I don't share with the choice of her shoes: they represent a minor particular but who observes with a critical eye will realize that they are not perfectly mixed with the whole shape (a blue shade would have been better than the grey one). However, I'm not sure that it's a black dress it seems a dark blue to me, but I could be wrong, however it doesn't have much importance.

Do you remember the two necklaces I sent? I've found the price of the second one (the one called 'Cométe', created in 1932): it costs "only" 800.000 american dollars, I don't think it is "too expensive" if you consider that it is made with over than 600 diamonds.

Dartagnan
#27 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2009 3:59:31 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Probably I would have chosen a longer one, but we have to admit that in these photos she has an incredible sensuality. Besides, she doesn't have curly hair, yet they're perfect for these dress&earnings (I hope they aren't of diamonds, because in this case they would be two very big stones). However, I don't share with the choice of her shoes: they represent a minor particular but who observes with a critical eye will realize that they are not perfectly mixed with the whole shape (a blue shade would have been better than the grey one). However, I'm not sure that it's a black dress it seems a dark blue to me, but I could be wrong, however it doesn't have much importance.

Do you remember the two necklaces I sent? I've found the price of the second one (the one called 'Cométe', created in 1932): it costs "only" 800.000 american dollars, I don't think it is "too expensive" if you consider that it is made with over than 600 diamonds.

[/quote]

Ok the most part of her shoe is blue. I don’t think it is a good idea to wear diamonds at each occasion because you can be attacked by thieves or any unhonest person and lost 800.000 dollars in a night. So when you go in a place, it is better to avoid diamonds.

So what about this dress?

Maria Sharapova attends the 5th Anniversary of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund at Skylight Studios on November 17, 2008 in New York City.  (Photo by Scott Gries/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Maria SharapovaMaria Sharapova attends the 5th Anniversary of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund at Skylight Studios on November 17, 2008 in New York City.  (Photo by Scott Gries/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Maria Sharapova

le maitre couturier
#89 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2009 4:54:37 PM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

Ok the most part of her shoe is blue. I don’t think it is a good idea to wear diamonds at each occasion because you can be attacked by thieves or any unhonest person and lost 800.000 dollars in a night. So when you go in a place, it is better to avoid diamonds. 

Yeah, sure; however I don't have any diamonds & so it's not a problem of mine.

I don't dislike it: it's not a banal dress, however it is a quiet simple one but it has also some creative touches. This cloth enhances Maria's shape, yet it also looks a static one because there are two different materials&shades: look for example the chest in the second photo, here the clash between the two different materials doesn't enhance the form of the body & it tends to 'make square' the figure. Finally, I don't agree with her shoes choice again: the last time it was for their colors, this one it's for their form. These are shoes made with a 'gladiator style' (which had been very fashionable this summer) & this kind of shoes tends to uncover the great part of the feet, but this effect is in contrast with the cloth's one which looks, expecially in the low part, nearly padded.

Maria Sharapova attends the 5th Anniversary of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund at Skylight Studios on November 17, 2008 in New York City.  (Photo by Scott Gries/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Maria Sharapova

Dartagnan
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2009 8:45:17 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Yeah, sure; however I don't have any diamonds & so it's not a problem of mine.

I don't dislike it: it's not a banal dress, however it is a quiet simple one but it has also some creative touches. This cloth enhances Maria's shape, yet it also looks a static one because there are two different materials&shades: look for example the chest in the second photo, here the clash between the two different materials doesn't enhance the form of the body & it tends to 'make square' the figure. Finally, I don't agree with her shoes choice again: the last time it was for their colors, this one it's for their form. These are shoes made with a 'gladiator style' (which had been very fashionable this summer) & this kind of shoes tends to uncover the great part of the feet, but this effect is in contrast with the cloth's one which looks, expecially in the low part, nearly padded.

[/quote]

According to you Sharapova has trouble to find the right shoe for the right dress, you have noticed it in previous pictures. Okay so what do you think about this dress and shoe?

le maitre couturier
#90 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2009 9:38:13 AM(UTC)
le maitre couturier

This is an interesting one. To be honest I don't like the dress itself, but I think she wears it perfectly: in fact, it isn't a sensual cloth like the other you posted before, because it doesn't enhance her curvaceus body & it doesn't possess a particular sense of lightness, in fact it tends to cover her forms with a very chaste apparence. This is her particularity: with this dress (& with this hair cut) Maria looks like a young-guiltyness girl as the ones wich go every Sunday to the church of the village; yet the dress itself is not completely chaste because its snow-white color is 'made dirty' by light black blots. However, this time I've nothing to say against her shoes because they're not so gaudy to rise above the cloth's effect.