logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<7891011>
Serena Williams
Nella
#114 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 3:26:29 AM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Looking at all the celeberty pictures of Serena lately , you wonder if she has got a foot injury. If I had an injury I would be with my leg up and not interested in parties here and there !?!?! 
giane
#48 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 2:36:03 PM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)

[quote user="Nella"]Looking at all the celeberty pictures of Serena lately , you wonder if she has got a foot injury. If I had an injury I would be with my leg up and not interested in parties here and there !?!?! [/quote]

yeah.. definitely [Y]

a friend of mine said.. she saw Serena wearing stilletos  despite of that "foot injury"..

dinara :D
#29 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 2:47:00 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
According to ESPN, Serena will miss the US Open. Get well soon girl! 
katmilr
#61 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:49:50 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)

[quote user="dinara :D"]According to ESPN, Serena will miss the US Open. Get well soon girl! [/quote]

Fan or not, it's a sad piece of news.

#30 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:58:28 PM(UTC)

[quote user="katmilr"]

[quote user="dinara :D"]According to ESPN, Serena will miss the US Open. Get well soon girl! [/quote]

Fan or not, it's a sad piece of news.

[/quote]

I agree. [Y] 

paul_pipkin
#159 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:56:48 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1881 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

A central question for Tokyo, Beijing & the YEC is whether Serena might show. Look here: this is bizarre! [:^)]

Updated: August 31, 2010, 12:05 AM ETSource: Serena Williams return delayed ESPN.com news services

Women's world No. 1 Serena Williams is unlikely to make her return to tennis at the WTA Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo, a source with knowledge of the situation tells ESPN.

Williams, who's not playing in the U.S. Open due to a cut on her right foot that required surgery, has had a protective boot removed. She has said she was targeting the Pan Pacific Open, which begins Sept. 26, for her return to action.

Williams hasn't played competitively since winning Wimbledon. She was reportedly hurt by a broken glass at a restaurant while she was in Munich in July. She had surgery on July 15.

Williams said doctors advised her not to play the U.S. Open so that her foot can heal, and she called missing the tournament "one of the most devastating moments of my career." The top-ranked Williams has won three titles at Flushing Meadows, part of her 13 Grand Slam singles championships.

Kim Clijsters said she saw Williams' foot lacerations and "it's not something that she's making up or that it's a small cut or anything."

After she was hurt, Williams played in an exhibition match against Clijsters that drew a tennis-record crowd of 35,681 in Brussels on July 8.

Clijsters said Monday that Williams actually had cuts on both feet, but she doesn't recall whether they were on the top or bottom.

It was against Clijsters in last year's Open semifinals that Williams went on a tirade against a line judge over a foot-fault call. That led to Williams losing the match and receiving a record fine.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Well, then Kimmy didn't "see" very much, did she? [*-)] Weird BS going on.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
#31 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:28:08 PM(UTC)

I think Serena will not play anymore this year. [:^)] Probably, she'll be back next year on Sydney. 
mashadabest
#92 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 11:27:07 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

A central question for Tokyo, Beijing & the YEC is whether Serena might show. Look here: this is bizarre! [:^)]

Updated: August 31, 2010, 12:05 AM ETSource: Serena Williams return delayed ESPN.com news services

Women's world No. 1 Serena Williams is unlikely to make her return to tennis at the WTA Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo, a source with knowledge of the situation tells ESPN.

Williams, who's not playing in the U.S. Open due to a cut on her right foot that required surgery, has had a protective boot removed. She has said she was targeting the Pan Pacific Open, which begins Sept. 26, for her return to action.

Williams hasn't played competitively since winning Wimbledon. She was reportedly hurt by a broken glass at a restaurant while she was in Munich in July. She had surgery on July 15.

Williams said doctors advised her not to play the U.S. Open so that her foot can heal, and she called missing the tournament "one of the most devastating moments of my career." The top-ranked Williams has won three titles at Flushing Meadows, part of her 13 Grand Slam singles championships.

Kim Clijsters said she saw Williams' foot lacerations and "it's not something that she's making up or that it's a small cut or anything."

After she was hurt, Williams played in an exhibition match against Clijsters that drew a tennis-record crowd of 35,681 in Brussels on July 8.

Clijsters said Monday that Williams actually had cuts on both feet, but she doesn't recall whether they were on the top or bottom.

It was against Clijsters in last year's Open semifinals that Williams went on a tirade against a line judge over a foot-fault call. That led to Williams losing the match and receiving a record fine.

[/quote]

Kimmy wouldn't lie about it though, what reason would she have to do so?  Kimmy saying she saw the foot lacerations is what got me to finally believe what Serena was saying was true.

paul_pipkin
#160 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 11:41:32 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[/quote]

Kimmy wouldn't lie about it though, what reason would she have to do so?  Kimmy saying she saw the foot lacerations is what got me to finally believe what Serena was saying was true.

[/quote]

If you SEE a wound on a foot, you're gonna remember whether it was on the top or the sole of the foot, right? I gotta assume that what Kim saw was bandages or wrapping. Well, we kinda know about the sisters & wrapping, right? They keep Johnson & Johnson in business, lol. I won't get into the "Jersey Girl" having motivation for giving Serena the benefit of doubt, 'cause I'm not saying she's "lying"--but it's pretty clear she saw very little & took Serena's word for the rest. [;)]

mashadabest
#93 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 12:05:15 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you SEE a wound on a foot, you're gonna remember whether it was on the top or the sole of the foot, right? I gotta assume that what Kim saw was bandages or wrapping. Well, we kinda know about the sisters & wrapping, right? They keep Johnson & Johnson in business, lol. I won't get into the "Jersey Girl" having motivation for giving Serena the benefit of doubt, 'cause I'm not saying she's "lying"--but it's pretty clear she saw very little & took Serena's word for the rest. [;)]

[/quote]

But I swear Kim said she actually saw the lacerations and not bandages and/or wrapping.  I don't know why she says she doesn't remember where exactly the lacerations were, but I don't think Serena has said anything about that so maybe Kim thought it wasn't her place to go giving out that information to the world. [:^)]

Nella
#115 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 3:15:22 PM(UTC)

Serena is a Jehova Witness and may never lie   [;)]
paul_pipkin
#161 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 3:28:14 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Nella"]Serena is a Jehova Witness and may never lie   [;)][/quote]

Oh, yeah. [H] I forgot... lol

Dartagnan
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:12:56 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

45236, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - Tuesday September 21 2010. Serena Williams at the Burberry Prorsum S/S 2011 catwalk show at Chelsea College of Art and Design during London Fashion Week. The quintessential British brand's Creative Director Christopher Bailey MBE debuts his designs. Photograph: PacificCoastNews.com

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

shrapi
#194 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 12:59:41 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Should I feel sorry for her because she is feeling so sick and cannot play in Tokyo because of injury ?

The picture tells me : no.

She is looking good and totally healthy.

CROUCHING TIGER
#10 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 1:14:41 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
All she wants is the YEC and that's all we'll see from her. [Y]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
giane
#49 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 9:39:32 AM(UTC)
giane

^agree!

and Dart, thanks for the pic.. whatta heels!!! hahaha

she's really enjoying and spending the rest of the months partying , going out and have some fun! sure thing, she will not be able to do these stuffs next year.., cos by the end of December, she will be focusing to ensure her winnings especially at the slams by next year. which supposedly is her MAIN target

CROUCHING TIGER
#11 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 11:46:26 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Rumor goes Serena will play in Luxemburg(just before Doha).

giane
#50 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 6:20:34 AM(UTC)
giane

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]Rumor goes Serena will play in Luxemburg(just before Doha).
[/quote]

^oh really? well, we will see.. but i think rumors will just be rumors.. hhahaha.. (that's for this case..) :D

CROUCHING TIGER
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 8:54:23 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

I said "rumor" but i meant...she WILL PLAY LUXEMBURG. She wont go into the YEC without some matches[;)]

Nella
#116 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 10:50:00 AM(UTC)

In the hope she may loose in the 1st round !!  [<:o)]