logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<891011>
Serena Williams
CROUCHING TIGER
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 12:26:16 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
Dag lieve Nella. Ben je boos op die arme Serena, die zichzelf moet behelpen met een pijnlijk voetje? Niet van jou verwacht, echt niet. Straks komt de Sint niet langs!! LOLOL[6]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Nella
#117 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:24:51 AM(UTC)

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]Dag lieve Nella. Ben je boos op die arme Serena, die zichzelf moet behelpen met een pijnlijk voetje? Niet van jou verwacht, echt niet. Straks komt de Sint niet langs!! LOLOL[6]
[/quote] Hi Tiger, Niet boos ben je mal , ik kan wel tegen een stootje ! Denk alleen dat Serena vals speelt ! Geloof haar verhaal gewoon niet. Ze weet dat ze langdurig afwezig kan blijven en toch de nummer 1 positie kan houden. Ik moet er alleen niet aan denken dat ze starks de YEC gaat winnen terwijl zij de boel belazert !!
CROUCHING TIGER
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 6:41:29 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Weet ik, Nella, zou dat ook niet willen. Wil je echt het belgenland leren kennen, kijk dan even op de "Basterds"-thread. Niet lachen met die zuiderburen héh?LOL[8-|]

mashadabest
#94 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 10:54:29 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="Dartagnan"]

45236, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - Tuesday September 21 2010. Serena Williams at the Burberry Prorsum S/S 2011 catwalk show at Chelsea College of Art and Design during London Fashion Week. The quintessential British brand's Creative Director Christopher Bailey MBE debuts his designs. Photograph: PacificCoastNews.com

[/quote]

WHAT THE?  How is she wearing shoes like that with her foot injury? [:|] Hmm anyways she was in London wow I didn't bump into her on my travels fortunately lol.

CROUCHING TIGER
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 1:51:15 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Those are very "special" shoes. Prada has a chiropodist for those poor women!!

giane
#51 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:01:09 PM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]Those are very "special" shoes. Prada has a chiropodist for those poor women!!
[/quote]

lol! so it could mean i belong to that poor women.. cos i do like prada.. well, prada bags not with the shoes

Nella
#118 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:17:40 PM(UTC)

It is really getting hilerious !  Serena has cancelled her trip to Europe. Her foot hurts.

Doesn't surprise me with all the high heels she is wearing.

paul_pipkin
#162 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:37:21 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)
[quote user="Nella"]

It is really getting hilerious !  Serena has cancelled her trip to Europe. Her foot hurts.

[/quote]

Yeah. [:P] There's something else playing into all this, but no clue what's really up.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
CROUCHING TIGER
#16 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 5:51:50 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

http://www.serenawilliams.com/blog_mess ... hp?msg=184  This is a clear message, byebye...see u in 2011[:'(]

giane
#52 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 7:51:14 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]http://www.serenawilliams.com/blog_mess ... hp?msg=184  This is a clear message, byebye...see u in 2011[:'(][/quote]

whoa! really?! another surprise and shocking news from her.. but anyways, see yah 2011!!

paul_pipkin
#164 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 9:34:27 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="giane"]

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]http://www.serenawilliams.com/blog_mess ... hp?msg=184  This is a clear message, byebye...see u in 2011[:'(][/quote]

whoa! really?! another surprise and shocking news from her.. but anyways, see yah 2011!!

[/quote]

S'pose this fits into the tennis establidhment's agenda to boost Princess as, to quote Limey Eurosport, "The Golden Girl of Tennis", "THE BEST...", yadda, yadda, yadda...? [:P]

CROUCHING TIGER
#17 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 1:05:17 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

The new 007 "Goldengirl" (sorry, we still must adjust some lyrics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MagCoUYvIXE

katmilr
#62 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:07:53 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)
[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="giane"]

[/quote]

S'pose this fits into the tennis establidhment's agenda to boost Princess as, to quote Limey Eurosport, "The Golden Girl of Tennis", "THE BEST...", yadda, yadda, yadda...? [:P]

[/quote]

suvcks for her b/c she's defending the YEC. Which means Caro will be seeded 1  at the AO just like the USO. Ahhhhhh[:^)]

dinara :D
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:36:34 PM(UTC)
dinara :D

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)

See you in 2011 Serena!  

paul_pipkin
#165 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:19:26 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Serena Willams Pulls Out of Fed Cup

10/19/2010 1:50 PM ET By Greg Couch

Greg Couch
National Columnist

Serena Williams withdrew Tuesday from the U.S. team that will compete against Italy in the Fed Cup finals next month, Fed Cup officials told FanHouse. The withdrawal will force her to play on the team in each of the next two years or be left out of the 2012 Olympics.

Williams has not played on tour since she won Wimbledon in July, citing a foot injury that required surgery. She said on her website last week that she was probably finished for the year. But she was still holding hope.

That hope is now gone.

In an e-mail to the AP, Williams' agent said she "re-tore the tendon" in her right foot and will miss the WTA Championships next week in Doha, Qatar, and the Fed Cup final between the United States and Italy next month at San Diego.

Williams said on Oct. 9 that she had reinjured her foot while training.

"Yesterday, I learned that I had tried too hard and did too much, too soon,'' she wrote on her site. "After practicing yesterday morning, I felt discomfort in my foot, and tests by my doctor revealed that I had unfortunately re-strained it, as a result of over training."

Williams has offered conflicting details about her injury, raising suspicions. Questions about her rarely involve "overtraining."

On Tuesday, Williams wrote, "It is with deep frustration that I am withdrawing from the WTA Championships at Doha and the Fed Cup Final. Pushed by my desire to return to competition, I trained too hard too soon and re-tore the tendon in my foot. As a result, yesterday morning I had to have another procedure to repair it. I thank everyone for their continued support during this difficult time and look forward with strength and determination to getting back on the court."

She has a history of not wanting to play tournaments other than majors, and also of agreeing to play for the Fed Cup team only to pull out at the last minute.

But she withdrew from the U.S. Open, and since then has lost her No. 1 ranking. Also, this Fed Cup final was seen as a real opportunity for her because she wants to play in the Olympics.

The Fed Cup will be in San Diego, near her L.A. home, and it would have fulfilled a pre-Olympic requirement.

Williams, and her sister Venus, are in the same situation now regarding the 2012 Olympics in London. The USTA is requiring players to make themselves eligible to play Fed Cup in two calendar years from 2009-2012 to be eligible for the Olympic Team.

Neither played for the team in 2009, and now 2010.

Venus is out for the year with a knee injury and has already withdrawn from Fed Cup.

Serena agreed to play in the final this time last year, but then three days after confirming her commitment, she announced she was too tired to play. In his book "Hardcourt Confidential'' Patrick McEnroe of the USTA suggests that Serena never intended to play Fed Cup in 2009, and agreed only in hopes of getting a lesser sentence for her f-bomb-laced tirade toward a linejudge at the U.S. Open.

Then, her penalty was announced and she withdrew from the Fed Cup.

The problem now is that the U.S. Fed Cup team will play at Belgium in next year's first round. That will be in February, right after the Australian Open and two weeks, plus a warmup tournament, of pounding on hard courts.

If Williams doesn't play in Belgium, and the U.S. team loses, then she would have to play a consolation match after that -- who knows where -- or risk missing the Olympics. Same goes for Venus.

Serena said she was hurt in July by stepping on broken glass in a German restaurant, but her agent had said she didn't hurt it by stepping on glass. During the U.S. Open, Serena told USA Today that her doctor said the surgery was not mandatory. In the same story, she said her doctors said it was mandatory.

While sitting out, she has fallen behind Caroline Wozniacki to No. 2 in the rankings. Williams is likely to fall to around No. 5 by the end of the year.

Martina Navratilova said recently that Williams could own the No. 1 ranking, but that she doesn't want it, doesn't play enough. Williams has played six tournaments all year, after complaining of knee trouble in the spring.

"I feel completely heartbroken, and devastated, but knowing I will never be given more than I can handle, I plan on coming back stronger and better,'' she wrote last week, talking about the possibility of missing the rest of the year. "However, in order not to make this worse, I have to chill on my physical workouts but I will immediately begin rehabbing as soon as I get the Doc's OK.

"Keep me in your prayers (I need them).''

http://tennis.fanhouse.com/2010/10/19/serena-willams-planning-to-pull-out-of-fed-cup/ 

cbsnwdc1
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:43:53 PM(UTC)

I guess the reality is she can live in any world she wants. She is simply the best. I doubt there will ever be anyone better.  I have stopped even watching matches when she plays Maria. I just ask someone if Serena won in straight sets, or did Serena have a slow start and have to win in three
paul_pipkin
#198 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 5:20:55 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

A racy video game commercial featuring Serena Williams was shelved by developer 2K Sports after it was deemed too risqué for television.

The 60-second spot for "Top Spin 4" features a scantily-clad Serena playing the new video game against an actress wearing even less clothing. The matchup is billed as "the world's sexiest tennis player" against "the world's sexiest tennis gamer." There are shots of nearly bare bottoms, unseemly facial expressions and lots of cleavage, accompanied by a thumping techno beat and suggestive moaning. At the end of the ad, Williams asks breathily, "You realize this is a fantasy, right?" (Click here to watch the banned advertisement. Borderline NSFW.)

A link to the video was sent out on Twitter earlier this week by the actress who appears in the ad. After animmediate backlash, 2K Sports distanced itself from the commercial.

"As part of the process for creating marketing campaigns to support our titles, we pursue a variety of creative avenues," the company wrote in a statement. "This video is not part of the title's final marketing campaign and its distribution was unauthorized."

The objections ring hollow, and so does the outrage. The 2K Sports commercial was commissioned, produced and wrapped under the company's supervision or the supervision of a designated advertising firm. It went viral and gained the attention of countless consumers who would have never heard of the game otherwise, and it's gaining even more attention now thanks to the controversy.

It's hard to see how 2K Sports didn't hit their target with this one. And it's hard to see how this particular commercial crossed a line not already trampled by other athletes. After all, a half-naked Rafael Nadal is appearing on billboards all over Europe in a new Armani underwear campaign that's pretty much a carbon copy of the Calvin Klein ads from a few years ago that featured soccer stars like David Beckham and Freddie Ljungberg.

Williams appeared to be proud of the commercial; last week she tweeted that fans should be on the lookout for an "awesomely sexy video." If she's fine with it, so am I. And so, I'm sure, is 2K Sports. A little controversy never hurts sales.

That was the whole point of this in the first place, right?

Ad link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZoa8a3EsE 

nicolealbrecht45@yahoo.com
#163 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 9:28:31 AM(UTC)

Groups: BasicUsers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

paul_pipkin;221245 wrote:
[quote user="Nella"]

Yeah. [:P] There's something else playing into all this, but no clue what's really up.

[/quote]

agree with you guys hahah. well as long as she pulls outta wimbledon I am happy...haha. I mean it's not that i wish her bad but that's the only chance of winning Wimbledon Maria or anyone else will get. Now we only need to get rid of her sister hahah and then we'll have a competition;)

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/nicolettocroatia/ivicasig.jpg?t=1300642980
CROUCHING TIGER
#199 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 10:50:44 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Give her a bazooka and she can play in "SUCKER PUNCH" as"bad ass blacky"...dangerous dame!

shrapilova
#200 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 12:37:54 AM(UTC)
shrapilova

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
The Daily Spin: Feather Faux Pas

Tennic.com
May 3, 2011

Birds of a Feather Faux Pas Together: Serena's dress May 3, 2011
Last night was the annual Costume Institute Benefit Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Attending the fashion fest was Serena Williams. The critics were not kind when it came to her dress choice. The white feathery ball gown topped off with a Philip Treacy hat seemed to go a little too far for some tastes. The Daily Mail put her on its worst dressed list, along with Naomi Campbell and Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie. The paper said the trio's dresses were "more like cheap bridal gowns than haute couture." Ouch. The Sun was even more unkind about Serena's, saying, "Another feather faux pax! This time it's tennis champ Serena Williams. Looking like a gypsy bride in this Oscar de la Renta frock is a disaster." Oh well. Can't blame a girl for trying.

(Photo courtesy of dailymail.co.uk)

—Sarah Thurmond

I couldn't post the photo but it's really crazy, untasty.