logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<89101112>»
Vera Zvonareva
paul_pipkin
#181 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 2:20:21 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1871 time(s) in 1241 post(s)

As it happens, HALF the Russians at Miami (inc Shvedova as a Russian) are crammed into Zvonareva's SECTION of the 3rd quarter--ASSIGNING WC Safina as Vera's first opponent. 

...it just happened that way...? 

Bullsh!t

Nobody can believe that anymore. You can spot a half-dozen other examples. This stuff is visibly contrived, malcious, and even petty. (1st round Makarova-Dushevina) And with three qualifier spots stacked up against Azarenka, god knows what they'll pull there.

But my hunch is the stitched draw is only half the story.  Expect Kerrilyn Cramer & perhaps Zhang Juan (aka Jennifer Zhang) in the chair for critical Russian matches.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
1 user thanked paul_pipkin for this useful post.
CROUCHING TIGER on 3/22/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#182 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:01:21 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)
A final Vera vs Masha will be a good final in Miami.

I hope the best one will win it.

Davai Russia!!!!!
"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

CROUCHING TIGER
#183 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:05:02 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
"davai" that Dart:)...MOLODYETS TEAM RUSSIA!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1 user thanked CROUCHING TIGER for this useful post.
Dartagnan on 3/31/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#184 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:04:29 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

CROUCHING TIGER;306553 wrote:
"davai" that Dart:)...MOLODYETS TEAM RUSSIA!!!

As Maria is playing an excellent tennis against Petkovic, she will play the final against Vera.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#185 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 4:36:16 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

HEY! Check it out: Instead of Sergei, this dude from Tarpischev's Fed Cup crew is in Stuttgart coaching Vera. Name is Karen Krotov. Anyone know anything? I'd evidently NOT noticed this--from "Open Court" on Miami:

FRI, APR 1 2011 

The absence of Vera Zvonareva's coach, Sergey Demekhin, from the Miami tournament was fairly noticeable.

The handsome Russian former model has developed a following of his own, independent of those who are fans of his boss.

It reportedly was visa/passport issues. Filling in for Demekhin on this occasion was a Florida-based Russian coach named Karen Krotov

paul_pipkin
#189 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:17:57 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Vera was flatly cheated in Stuttgart. For her alone, outta all the tournament, racquet stringing took up to an HOUR & a HALF!!! THEN, when the racquets were dribbled back to her one at a time, the "new" strings BROKE as fast as they were used. :wtf: 

Not even the Eurosport mouthpieces, scripted to save the faltering Stosur by any means necessary, could avoid embarrassment at the blatant sabotage to mess up the Russian's game. :arg: 

Add Stuttgart to the shameful list with the sewers of Miami & Melbourne. It is a pity, seriously. 
:giu:

paul_pipkin
#190 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 9:58:37 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

paul_pipkin;307088 wrote:

Vera was flatly cheated in Stuttgart. For her alone, outta all the tournament, racquet stringing took up to an HOUR & a HALF!!! THEN, when the racquets were dribbled back to her one at a time, the "new" strings BROKE as fast as they were used. :wtf: 

Not even the Eurosport mouthpieces, scripted to save the faltering Stosur by any means necessary, could avoid embarrassment at the blatant sabotage to mess up the Russian's game. :arg: 

Add Stuttgart to the shameful list with the sewers of Miami & Melbourne. It is a pity, seriously. 
:giu:

LOL! See Tiger's exchange on tf with "Paranoia" from Zomergem:

http://www.tennisforum.c...hp?t=404182&page=191 

Right on! 

paul_pipkin
#186 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:28:18 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Vera Zvonareva broke up with her coach Demekhin

April 27, 2011, 11:49 Zangalis K.

The first Russian tennis player Vera will no longer cooperate with her mentor, Sergei Demekhin. Now her coach is Karen Krotov , who helped Zvonareva in a series of American tournaments.

paul_pipkin;307068 wrote:

HEY! Check it out: Instead of Sergei, this dude from Tarpischev's Fed Cup crew is in Stuttgart coaching Vera. Name is Karen Krotov. Anyone know anything? I'd evidently NOT noticed this--from "Open Court" on Miami:

FRI, APR 1 2011 

The absence of Vera Zvonareva's coach, Sergey Demekhin, from the Miami tournament was fairly noticeable.

The handsome Russian former model has developed a following of his own, independent of those who are fans of his boss.

It reportedly was visa/passport issues. Filling in for Demekhin on this occasion was a Florida-based Russian coach named Karen Krotov

Dartagnan on 5/1/2011(UTC)
Dartagnan
#187 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:14:16 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

paul_pipkin;307152 wrote:

Vera Zvonareva broke up with her coach Demekhin

April 27, 2011, 11:49 Zangalis K.

The first Russian tennis player Vera will no longer cooperate with her mentor, Sergei Demekhin. Now her coach is Karen Krotov , who helped Zvonareva in a series of American tournaments.

paul_pipkin;307068 wrote:

It is a good news. Sometimes when you have poor results in tennis, you need to change your coach. 

Masha did the same recently

Masha

Dartagnan
#188 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 1:14:02 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Vera Zvonareva parts company with her coach

Russian women’s No.1 tennis player Vera Zvonareva and her coach Sergey Demekhin have decided to quit their co-operation, which had lasted for almost a year.

It should be reminded that Zvonareva had been preparing to the Fed Cup semi-finals under the guidance of two coaches, Karen Krotov and Demekhin. Now her ex-trainer Sergey Demekhin decided to reveal the reasons of their parting.

«It was Vera’s initiative to employ Karen. Probably, she decided to bring something new into the preparation process. However, I could not agree with that. I have my own vision of her game. And when a new man joined the team, I did not want to be responsible for his actions. Fighting for power and authority would get the whole team in trouble. Therefore, I decided to resign, mostly because I didn’t want to cause any harm to Vera», said Demekhin as quoted by Sport-Express.

«We definitively decided to split after the Federation Cup semi-final, where Vera asked me to help her mostly as a sparring partner. Of course, I’ve been giving her some advice before the match, but the training process has already been passing into Karen’s hands. Maybe Vera really wanted to work with two coaches, but we failed to reach an agreement. I could not see any sense in things like that.»

http://www.sports.ru/en/tennis/93901498.html

Masha

paul_pipkin
#191 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 7:29:52 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Image DRAW IS UP!   http://www.rolandgarros....cores/draws/ws/r1s4.html 

There IS a Russian Quarter though Maria is not in it.

Whereas the are only a couple of Russians in the other quarters, the second quarter is a Slavic ghetto:

Vera Zvonareva

Nadia Petrova

Alisa Kleybanova

Nastia Pavlyuchenkova

Vera Dushevina

Vesna (Manasieva) Dolonts

plus

Yaroslava Shvedova

Alona Bondarenko

Varvara Lepchenko 

Anymore, to deny that the Top Russian, Vera, is targeted--like Dementieva before her--is to be exposed as either an idiot or a liar 

Okay, that sounds harsh. Whoever designed the "draw" may have been first concocting a garbage can for Russians & other "junk" Slavic players who "won't go very deep anyway..." Then you gotta decide whether it's really "random" when it "just happens" this is the quarter where the top Russian is seeded to meet the defending champion! :ninja: 

I believe in coincidence--but NOT in the same coincidence almost every time.
Dartagnan
#192 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:19:54 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

paul_pipkin;307704 wrote:

Whereas the are only a couple of Russians in the other quarters, the second quarter is a Slavic ghetto:

Vera Zvonareva

Nadia Petrova

Alisa Kleybanova

Nastia Pavlyuchenkova

Vera Dushevina

plus

Yaroslava Shvedova

Alona Bondarenko

Varvara Lepchenko 

Anymore, to deny that the Top Russian, Vera, is targeted--like Dementieva before her--is to be exposed as either an idiot or a liar 

Okay, that sounds harsh. Whoever designed the "draw" may have been first concocting a garbage can for Russians & other "junk" Slavic players who "won't go very deep anyway..." Then you gotta decide whether it's really "random" when it "just happens" this is the quarter where the top Russian is seeded to meet the defending champion! :ninja: 

I would like to add that Mishkina is going to train Kuznisova.

MASHA

1 user thanked Dartagnan for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 5/25/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#193 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:53:01 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Dartagnan;307822 wrote:

Vera Zvonareva

Nadia Petrova

Alisa Kleybanova

Nastia Pavlyuchenkova

Vera Dushevina

plus

Yaroslava Shvedova

Alona Bondarenko

Varvara Lepchenko 

I would like to add that Mishkina is going to train Kuznisova.

MASHA

:thanks: Anastasia train Kuzi. How cool is that? I like it!

Wed: In the dark: Court 5 where we can't see: :ninja:

Court 14 Women's Doubles - 2nd Round
4. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v. Vania King (USA)[3] 
Vera Zvonareva (RUS)               Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ)[3]
"it just happened that way..." :nonono: Not.

Dartagnan
#194 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:57:47 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

paul_pipkin;307825 wrote:

Dartagnan;307822 wrote:

Vera Zvonareva

Nadia Petrova

Alisa Kleybanova

Nastia Pavlyuchenkova

Vera Dushevina

plus

Yaroslava Shvedova

Alona Bondarenko

Varvara Lepchenko 

I would like to add that Mishkina is going to train Kuznetsova.

MASHA

:thanks: Anastasia train Kuzi. How cool is that? I like it!

Wed: In the dark: Court 5 where we can't see: :ninja:

Court 14 Women's Doubles - 2nd Round
4. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v. Vania King (USA)[3] 
Vera Zvonareva (RUS)               Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ)[3]
"it just happened that way..." :nonono: Not.

Yes Nasty is going to train Kuzi because they are good friends. Kuzi beLieves in her help. 

paul_pipkin
#195 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:54:53 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Eastbourne. Aegon International

MOLODYETS!!! to Vera for stopping Serena. :group:

Unfortunately, there was evidence the targeting of the top Russian continues.  Vera started slow, cut Williams too much slack. You hear any praise from Eurosport about Vera's "big turnaround"? Not on your life, lol! Well, somebody did what they could to stop that!

With Vera serving set point in the 2nd set tiebreak, a "stray ball" magically appeared on court to force a replay. Crudest piece of work since the Stuttgart racquet-tampering. :muro:

Then in the 3rd, Vera going for the match at 54, TWO highly dubious calls helped Serena to level--one, the chair umpire throwing out a line-judge's self-correction and recognizing the original flawed call! :wtf: This umpire was a British woman unknown to me, but put me in mind of Zhang's string of crooked calls in Pattaya.

Partly, of course, pertinent parties were greased up to get the Incredible Bulk as far as possible. But the "powers that be" are on Vera's case like maggots on carrion. They want to degrade her ranking with even lower devices than they went after Dementieva.

Fans of Masha or any Russian player need to put stink on this. Post anywhere, send emails--doesn't matter what if any immediate reaction in any venue. Just make sure it's heard about.

We need to launch pre-emptive stink! :shh:

Dartagnan on 6/22/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#196 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:12:46 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

So, Vera was obliged to dismiss partner & friend Elena Vesnina Draw meets fixed up to try to hurt feelings & drive wedges are the work of trivial men--in whose company I fear we now find the All England Club. Way too much of this showing up.

She next plays the dangerous Bulgar, Tsvetana PironkovaДАВАЙ!!! 

Vera has four guys in her box--at least a couple of professional status. Davenport & her Brit colleage didn't know them but I think I recognized one as Vera's long-time associate Alexei Ageev who has coached several Russian players. Body language suggested he is heading her coaching function right now. 

Dartagnan on 6/22/2011(UTC)
M-Lover
#197 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 10:37:06 AM(UTC)
M-Lover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

What happened to Vera? She's just defeated by Pironkova who is ranked 33rd in straight sets. Vera, it's only the third round and the first week hasn't ended yet. Why do you already want to pack up your stuffs? Are you getting bored with the Brits?

I thought she could play the final again this year. I was expecting an all-Russian final in London. I was hoping, maybe this year sweet Vera could win a GS since she was absolutely briliant last year: 2 finals in Wimbly and the USO. So it looks like sweet Vera is destined to stay with the numerous slamless champions, including some #1s who desperately run after a GS?

paul_pipkin
#198 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 10:43:23 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

While I'm sure we are all happy Masha prevailed in Cincy last night:

Spare a thought for friend Vera, upon whom Team Russia relies and who's been having the devil of a time getting past semifinals. 

If we begin to see this Sharapova-Zvonareva contest repeated--you better start lookin' around. 

PodgeMcQ
#199 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 1:07:51 PM(UTC)
PodgeMcQ

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 47 post(s)

1 user thanked PodgeMcQ for this useful post.
paul_pipkin on 9/17/2011(UTC)
paul_pipkin
#200 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 10:20:42 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Under the sign of the solar angel 

Vera Zvonareva 

Large Kazan article at http://www.championat.co...ennis/article-96294.html 

Also: Interview on KC site: (Use Google Translate on Russian version--does not shw on the site's English version.) 

Interview Vera Zvonareva in Kremlin Cup eve 16/09/2011

You will play in Kazan, the unusual, the charity match. What place in the career of professional tennis players - and you in particular - is charity?

participation in charity events and games - it's part of life of professional athletes. This is to just tell people your skills and thus benefit from what - the charitable organization. And it is always nice. And according to their capabilities, given the heavy competition schedule, I try to take part in such matches or events. It's just a small part of what you can do to benefit society. Which one of you played a charity match is especially memorable, make you feel special? Earlier this year, during the Australian Open, the Australian coast floods hit ... and many tennis players for a day Australian Open before came together and took part in what is called a match - the show to help victims of the flood. Gathered most of the top ten players in the men's and women's discharge, we were given a microphone and we played: singles, pairs, and mixes collected a decent amount of money! This event left a lot of experience, as it was conducted at the highest level, has been a great audience and the energy of the participants. And of course, look forward to the match in Kazan, as the match is held to support my own "Association of sick syndrome Rett ». Hopefully, as we can - something to help! Can take "intermediate outcomes" of this season? What has been this year, that was disappointing? Overall, I played the whole season and exactly stable. Without strong ups and downs. 2 - 3 years ago after an injury, I strongly added, suffered from a great experience, but this stock should always be perfect, because no one stands on the site. So this year began working on a little bit - different, but still do not work out what - what new items and skills bring to life in games. Hopefully, after this season, there is more training time and I can fix what - what developments. Traditionally, the "Kremlin Cup" expected to be very strong line-up of participants. What can you say about the international status of the Moscow tournament, and with what feelings come to Moscow? Moscow - this is my home where I first played in a tournament of this level, having received from the organizers of the Wild Card. Kremlin Cup - a prestigious tournament, and if my schedule allows, I am always with great pleasure that I play in Moscow! "Hot" Autumn in Moscow tennis final end of the Fed Cup Russia - Czech Republic. How do you evaluate competitors in the finals? In the final Fed Cup team is not weak Czech Republic - very smooth on the composition of the team. They have strong players in both singles and doubles. To beat them, you need to play my best tennis the whole team! What would you wish their fans in Moscow and throughout Russia? all happiness, health and love, so that everyone could come to the "Olympic" and support us loudly!