logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

47 Pages«<454647
DINARA SAFINA
Dartagnan
#921 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 7:08:20 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Originally Posted by: PodgeMcQ Go to Quoted Post
Marat Safin: Dinara's career is over
Ticker - Friday, September 30, 2011

Marat Safin says that his younger sister's Dinara Safina's career is over. Former No. 1 Safina has struggled tremendously with a back injury over the past two years and has not played since May.

"Dinara was injured two years ago, in Beijing, remember?" Safin was quoted by Russian Eurosport as saying at a press conference in Beijing, where he was promoting a match against Pete Sampras. "She left, but never recovered completely. She tried to return, but only aggravated the crisis. Now she needs to keep her back to be able to walk normally and live a normal life. [Her back] will continue to be treated, but she will play no more...She will make an official statement herself, but as her brother, I believe that there is no chance of return."

It is better for her to find a new activity in life. She has just turned one page of her life. We hope her back will be better. 

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#922 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:53:51 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

SAFINA AT SHYMBULAK It is not easy to find a WC at an altitude of 3180 meters. 

Shymbulak (KazakhШымбұлақ), also known as Chimbulak (RussianЧимбулак) is a ski resort near Almaty, the largest city ofKazakhstan. It is located in the upper part of the Medeu Valley in the Zaiilisky Alatau mountain range, at the elevation of 2200 meters above sea level. The resort area is about 25 km south of Almaty city by the Medeo road. It is popular for its mild climate, large quantity of sunny days and great amount of snow through the winter (from November till May).

Almaty hosted the 2011 Asian Winter Games and considered a bid for the 2018 Winter Olympics; Shymbulak was a venue for the former event, and would have been for the latter.[1]

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.