logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

47 Pages«<4142434445>»
DINARA SAFINA
dinara :D
#510 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:24:22 AM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
#511 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:26:00 AM(UTC)

#512 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:27:06 AM(UTC)

#513 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:28:45 AM(UTC)

#514 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:29:55 AM(UTC)

#515 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:31:07 AM(UTC)

Off - Court pictures from Seuol

#516 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:32:30 AM(UTC)

#517 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:34:36 AM(UTC)

From the Naver blog

#518 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:36:14 AM(UTC)

http://www.hansolopen.com/2010/eng/news/news_view.jsp

Quote:
Interview with Dinara SAFINA (RUS)

5:40 pm, Wed Sep 22, 2010

Q. First of all, congratulations to your first round victory, not an easy game. What was your first impression on Korea?

A. Actually I was amazed at how beautiful it is. And of course the hotel is very nice and I really like the part that we have attractions, almost like Disney Land. Pity that we have no chance to go because we compete but I hope I’ll have time to go there and enjoy. And I went to a few restaurants and I like the food.

Q. You had hard time early this year because of your back injury. How is it now?

A. Well, it was really one of the toughest years in my career. I’ve been on my best shape, and I injured my back. It’s tough to come back. Many matches are not going easy because I keep losing. But I’m hanging in there and I think this year is like an experience for the future. The best I’m trying now is to get back my games, how I used to play. With this feeling, I’ll get ready for the next year.

Q. Sorry to ask you this since you must have heard it many times. But your brother being Marat Safin, do you feel great pressure about it?

A. No, I mean, I got used to it, you know. Now that he’s retired it’s a little bit different. Everybody’s asking what he’s doing. I’m happy to have him as a brother. Back in Moscow, I had to spend 1 week without my coach because my coach came later. My brother was working with me for that week. You can see I won thanks to my brother who spent with me some time.

Q. After set 1 you talked with your coach, what did you talk about?

A. Not much. She (Halep) called for the trainer. He just came up and told me to keep playing the same. He said “You both are playing good tennis. Try to hang in there. Try to play better than her.”

Q. Your next opponent is Kirilenko and there are other leading players in the same draw. How will you prepare yourself?

A. Well my goal is just to go out there and play my game. There are no secrets. I’m still in a stage that I’m coming back. For me every match I win is a bonus. Now that I won my first round I have a chance to play better than I did today. So one match at a time and try to improve day by day.

Q. Was there any disadvantage like miscall from chair umpire, lines men, or referees?

A. We always fight with umpires. This is part of our game. Well, I saw the ball good. I stopped to charge because I was standing on the line and I saw the ball good. I saw more in than out. He sees it from there from other angle. I guess he saw it out. It was normal conversation like “I think I was on the line and I see the ball better than you.” We’re human beings. Maybe I made a mistake. And we all can make mistakes.
#519 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:39:40 AM(UTC)

http://www.hansolopen.com/2010/eng/news/news.jsp

Quote:
Interview with Dinara SAFINA (RUS)

1:40pm Thu, Sep 23, 2010

Q1. Your last match against Kirilenko was your defeat. What strategy did you have for this game?

A1. Well, last time we played together was not so a long time ago. It was in New Haven just before US Open. Kirilenko then played better than me. The good thing in tennis is that every week there is a tournament. So I realized what I did wrong that day and I just tried to do this time better. And it did work for me today.

Q1-1. Is your condition better than yesterday?

A1-1 .I mean first match is never easy to play. The girl from yesterday (Halep), she’s coming from qualies. She already played a few matches here and, for me, it was the first time. She’s a good player and was one of the best juniors. She had nothing to lose and I think she played really good match yesterday. She’ll be very soon on the top.

Q2. Are you fully recovered from your injury? It seems that your upper body posture is a bit higher than before. Is there any reason?

A2. It is better. For me, it was a big test in the Us Open series because I played all the tournaments. And it was fine. It’s better. Sometimes it a little bit more stiff, sometimes a little bit better. Overall I can do everything. Thank God it’s a good sign. As to the posture, It can be your opinion, but I don’t feel any difference.

Q3. For quite a while game results haven’t been impressive due to injury. This tournament can be a turning point for you to return to your normal condition and get into the top ranking. Wouldn’t you want to eventually aim for winning the tournament?

A3. Obviously this year is almost finished. For me, like I said yesterday, it’s tournaments where I want to play best and get my shape and tennis back. I want to feel better that I can start the next year hopefully healthy and play the whole year. Hope to finish the year at least with a good feeling that I had a chance to compete. 

Q4. It seems your mood isn’t as good as yesterday. Is there any problem or are you tired?

A4. Yeah, I just finished the match, came here straight away. No. I’m happy!

Q5. You did a nice play today. In each game you succeeded ace serves. Your condition must be very god.

A5. Well, today I think I served better than yesterday. Day by day, one day something is working better, and the next day… Every day is different. I’m trying to get out the best I can in a day. Today my serves worked well. That’s the advantage. Maybe next day it’s not going to work. I have to find other keys to win the match. This is the game. You always have to find something that works better today.

Q6. What would be your goal in this Hansol Tournament?

A6. Well, definitely to play my best, to give my hundred percent day by day and to play better every day. That’s it. This is the only key to success, I guess.

Q7. There are a lot of fans of Safin in Korea. How is Safin doing nowadays?

A7. He’s doing good. He’s in Moscow. Until yesterday, he’s been working with me for a week. So it was really nice for me because he’s never been a coach. He’s pretty tough. I really enjoyed so much and he really put so much desire and heart. From my side I was little bit surprised but he really enjoyed.

Q8. We had good weather and good number of spectators today. How do you think about this tournament in general?

A8. It’s always nice when you come to the tournament and you have maybe a group of fans supporting you. At the end of the day we’re playing for them. We want that they together enjoy with us. We win, we say thanks to them. Sometimes you can be losing the match but if you feel somebody’s supporting you, it doesn’t let you down. Because of those supporters you try to find solutions. “OK, I’ll try to play for them.” You always try to give your 100% from your side. Without them, we don’t exist.

Q9. Would you revisit this tournament again next year, whether or not you win the tournament?

A9. You know, I’m really enjoying. Always depends on my schedule. I’m really having a good time. So if it does fit my schedule, I’ll always have this tournament in my mind to come here and play. Of course, I’d like to thank Mr. Lee. He gave me this year a chance to compete. He understood that I would want to play some tournaments. He gave me an opportunity to come here, first time to come to Korea and received warm welcome.

Q10. What do you usually do during off season?

A10. It’s a base. It’s where you kind of “close your mouth and work hard.” The year starts and you’re a little bit tired and you say I’m a bit tired so maybe we do it a bit easy. There’s no time like that. It’s the only chance to make a big base. Our year is very long, starts in January ends up in November. So this is the time. We have to put our tracksuit, no comments, and keep on working.
giane
#642 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:45:48 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
what she wore in here is the same as Makiri's dress at USO.. i think i saw that at her thread in WTA.. if i am not mistaken.. well/.. davai at the Tppo!! :D
#520 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:47:13 AM(UTC)

[quote user="giane"]what she wore in here is the same as Makiri's dress at USO.. i think i saw that at her thread in WTA.. if i am not mistaken.. well/.. davai at the Tppo!! :D[/quote]

Well, they have the same sponsor and Makiri no longer wears Stella McCartney's clothes. [:)]

giane
#643 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 9:29:33 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
[quote user="dinara :D"]

[quote user="giane"]what she wore in here is the same as Makiri's dress at USO.. i think i saw that at her thread in WTA.. if i am not mistaken.. well/.. davai at the Tppo!! :D[/quote]

Well, they have the same sponsor and Makiri no longer wears Stella McCartney's clothes. [:)]

[/quote]

yeah yeah.. hehehe.. :D

#521 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:40:47 PM(UTC)

[quote user="dinara :D"]

^ Lol. Paul your post is true and hilarious at the same time! [:D] Anyway, she lost against Zakopalova. Don't know what had happened. But she led the first set 4-0. Moving on, the draw for Tokyo is out. She's going to face Julia Goerges in the first round. 

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2010/603/MDS.pdf

What can I say? Just do your best out there Dinara and stay healthy. With God, everything is possible. God bless you and God be with you! Davai! [A]

[/quote]

Davai Dinara! [A] 

#522 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 8:18:04 PM(UTC)

Before TPPO starts, here are some more pictures from Seoul:

#523 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 8:18:36 PM(UTC)

#524 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 8:24:29 PM(UTC)

Singles

[4] Samantha Stosur (AUS) bye
Julia Goerges (GER) - Dinara Safina (RUS)
Qualifier - Klara Zakopalova (CZE)

Polona Hercog (SLO) - [14] Aravane Rezai (FRA) 

Doubles (Yes, finally! [:D])

[1]Gisela Dulko / Flavia Pennetta v. [WC] Kimiko Date Krumm/ Ayumi Morita
Sarra Errani / A Medina Garrigues v. Shahar Peer / Peng Shaui

[3]Yung-Jan Chan / Liezel Huber v. Julia Goerges/Anatasia Rodionova
Timea Bacsinszky / Roberta Vinci v. [WC]Victoria Azarenka /Dinara Safina

N Llagoatera Vives / MJ M Sanchez v. Lisa Raymond / Rennae Stubbs
Tathiana Garbin/Francesca Schiavone v. [4] Vania King / Shvedova

Iveta Benesova / B Z Strycova v. Su-Wei Hsieh / Kleybanova

Maria Kirilenko / Nadia Petrova v. [2] Katarina Srebotnik/Kveta Peschke

[quote user="dinara :D"][quote user="dinara :D"]

^ Lol. Paul your post is true and hilarious at the same time! [:D] Anyway, she lost against Zakopalova. Don't know what had happened. But she led the first set 4-0. Moving on, the draw for Tokyo is out. She's going to face Julia Goerges in the first round. 

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2010/603/MDS.pdf

What can I say? Just do your best out there Dinara and stay healthy. With God, everything is possible. God bless you and God be with you! Davai! [A]

[/quote]

Davai Dinara! [A][/quote]

paul_pipkin
#854 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:14:29 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Azarenka/Safina pulled out a tiebreak to defeat Bacsinszky/Vinci 75 36 11-9 Yes

I wouldn't think Dinara will play singles before Tuesday -- Julia Goerges & Polona Hercog just finished winning the doubles in Seoul  a couple of hours ago. The trip isn't that long, but they should give Julia a day anyway.

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#855 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:30:15 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

And I was wrong. [*-)] Today Monday in Tokyo:

Court 1 (from 10.30hrs)
1. Marion Bartoli vs. Yanina Wickmayer
2. Lucie Safarova vs. Victoria Azarenka
3. Svetlana Kuznetsova vs. Agnes Szavay
4. Julia Goerges vs. Dinara Safina

24 hours earlier, Goerges was still on court in Seoul. A tournament can easily accomodate those realities but Tokyo extended Julia no normal respect. While this case may help Dinara, the perception of schedule-rigging grows. I want Safina to win but I detest this sort of "help". It does not end well.

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Azarenka/Safina pulled out a tiebreak to defeat Bacsinszky/Vinci 75 36 11-9 Yes

I wouldn't think Dinara will play singles before Tuesday -- Julia Goerges & Polona Hercog just finished winning the doubles in Seoul  a couple of hours ago. The trip isn't that long, but they should give Julia a day anyway.

[/quote]
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
shrapi
#885 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 8:05:39 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Come on Dinara.

Struggling against Görges.

She is back 2:4 in the 3.set