logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

63 Pages123>»
JELENA JANKOVIC!
mashadabest
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 02, 2008 2:59:10 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

I noticed that there was no thread for Jelena Jankovic so I thought I would make one!  So everyone can write about Jelena and her matches etc. in this thread!  [:D]

mashadabest
#482 Posted : Saturday, August 02, 2008 3:03:11 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

I found this article today!!

Jankovic to take number one spot

Jelena Jankovic
Jankovic has been within sight of top spot for the last few weeks

Serbia's Jelena Jankovic will become world number one for the first time on 11 August, the WTA has confirmed.

The 23-year-old will replace her compatriot, Ana Ivanovic, who took top spot on 9 June.

Jankovic looked to have missed her chance with a surprise loss to Dominika Cibulkova in Montreal on Friday.

That defeat stopped her from taking over the number one position on 4 August, but she will have an eight-point lead by the following week.

Jankovic will have 3,620 points to Ivanovic's 3,612 on 11 August, making her the 18th world number one in the history of the WTA Tour.

"Since I was a young girl it's been my dream to become number one in the world," said Jankovic.

"When you get older, at least one day you can say you were number one and no one can take that away from you. You are in the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour history books and it's a great achievement."

I am soooo happy for her!!  She is finally going to get the chance to be the world number 1!!!  Woohoo!!  Congratulations Jelena! [

dphoenix
#363 Posted : Saturday, August 02, 2008 5:09:13 PM(UTC)
dphoenix

[^o)] It's gonna be hard to keep this rank Dee ! there are lots of challengers (the Williams, Ivanovic and above all Safina who make big matches these days). She needs to win a Slam too... I don't know if she's really strong enough, if she has the game to stay at the top of hierarchy.

In fact who can be really stronger to stay long on the top now that Justine is gone ? [*-)]Maybe we will have differents n°1 that will follow each other for a while...

neslihan duran
#829 Posted : Saturday, August 02, 2008 5:38:24 PM(UTC)
neslihan duran

Congrats,JJ!!!! I am happy for Jelena.I think she is better than Ana
alialiraqi
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 02, 2008 5:52:46 PM(UTC)
alialiraqi

[

merylstr@otenet.gr
#759 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2008 9:36:12 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Just for the record, I think she's the second player to ever reach the number one spot without having won a Grand Slam! The first one of course was the lovely, wonderful, amazine Kim Clijsters!

JJ used to be my favourite player rightafter Maria, but lately she's a bit annoying I think... Drama, drama drama... Dunno! Still love her smiles during the matched though!

merylstr@otenet.gr
#760 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2008 9:36:20 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Just for the record, I think she's the second player to ever reach the number one spot without having won a Grand Slam! The first one of course was the lovely, wonderful, amazine Kim Clijsters!

JJ used to be my favourite player rightafter Maria, but lately she's a bit annoying I think... Drama, drama drama... Dunno! Still love her smiles during the matches though!

neslihan duran
#830 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2008 3:54:10 PM(UTC)
neslihan duran

Dammit[:@]!!!!!! Jelena is not first

mashadabest
#483 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2008 4:06:12 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="neslihan duran"]

[/quote]

Haha!  I know, apparently we have to wait until next week, when she was apparently be 8 points ahead of Ana Ivanovic - I don't quite know how they know that already, but that is what all the media are saying.  Anyway, so she will be number 1 on August 11th!!! [:D]

mashadabest
#624 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2008 5:36:20 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="dphoenix"]

[^o)] It's gonna be hard to keep this rank Dee ! there are lots of challengers (the Williams, Ivanovic and above all Safina who make big matches these days). She needs to win a Slam too... I don't know if she's really strong enough, if she has the game to stay at the top of hierarchy.

In fact who can be really stronger to stay long on the top now that Justine is gone ? [*-)]Maybe we will have differents n°1 that will follow each other for a while...

[/quote]

Yeah I think you may be right Isa!  I wouldn't be surprised if Ana takes the number 1 spot back soon, cos Jelena always seems to have some kind of injury!  But I really hope she can hold onto it for as long as possible, and hopefully all the way until Maria returns, and then Maria can get it back!! [:P]  Hahaha!  But you know I get a feeling that she may win the US Open this year, cos Maria is not there and Ana is playing not too good at the moment, but it really depends on what the Williams sisters do - if they get through the first couple of rounds then one of them will probably win it!!  Oh I would hate it if they win another one!  I think I would prefer Ana to win it than one of them!!  C'mon Jelena!!

merylstr@otenet.gr
#761 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2008 6:18:29 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

[quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="neslihan duran"]

[/quote]

Haha!  I know, apparently we have to wait until next week, when she was apparently be 8 points ahead of Ana Ivanovic - I don't quite know how they know that already, but that is what all the media are saying.  Anyway, so she will be number 1 on August 11th!!! [:D]

[/quote]

You see, last year there were tournaments in the couple of weeks that is now is the fortnight of the Olympiad. The points the players won last year in those tournaments will be erased this year. So there will be changes in the world rankings. That's how they know...

mashadabest
#484 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2008 6:26:41 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="merylstr@otenet.gr"][quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="neslihan duran"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You see, last year there were tournaments in the couple of weeks that is now is the fortnight of the Olympiad. The points the players won last year in those tournaments will be erased this year. So there will be changes in the world rankings. That's how they know...

[/quote]

Ohhhh!  That makes sense!  Thanks Amarylis!! [Y]

neslihan duran
#831 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2008 1:13:58 PM(UTC)
neslihan duran

[quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="neslihan duran"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope it[:(]

loMASHAlo
#463 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2008 4:54:10 PM(UTC)
loMASHAlo

[quote user="neslihan duran"][quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="neslihan duran"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

well,I like JJ more than Ana so don't have any problems if she'll be # 1 next week...but I sure not for long coz the Willams back baby

loMASHAlo
#464 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2008 4:54:41 PM(UTC)
loMASHAlo

[quote user="neslihan duran"][quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="neslihan duran"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

well,I like JJ more than Ana so don't have any problems if she'll be # 1 next week...but I sure not for long coz the Willams back baby

loMASHAlo
#465 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2008 4:54:44 PM(UTC)
loMASHAlo

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

alialiraqi
#6 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2008 5:00:27 PM(UTC)
alialiraqi

neslihan duran:

mashadabest:

neslihan duran:

DammitAngry!!!!!! Jelena is not first

Haha!  I know, apparently we have to wait until next week, when she was apparently be 8 points ahead of Ana Ivanovic - I don't quite know how they know that already, but that is what all the media are saying.  Anyway, so she will be number 1 on August 11th!!! Big Smile

I hope itSad

MARIA will be back but just waiting and see what  will she doing ??

neslihan duran
#834 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2008 3:40:08 AM(UTC)
neslihan duran

[quote user="loMASHAlo"][quote user="neslihan duran"][quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="neslihan duran"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree but I think Ana doesn't derserve #1.I believe JJ will be #1 but not for long [:)]

mashadabest
#556 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:48:33 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="neslihan duran"][quote user="loMASHAlo"][quote user="neslihan duran"][quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="neslihan duran"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree but I think Ana doesn't derserve #1.I believe JJ will be #1 but not for long [:)]

[/quote]

Yeah I agree with you Neslihan!!  I would much prefer for JJ to be number 1 than Ana!  And loMASHAlo I really do not want either of the Williams sisters to be the number 1 - that would be the worst possible scenario for me!! [:(]

loMASHAlo
#466 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2008 4:48:19 PM(UTC)
loMASHAlo

[quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="neslihan duran"][quote user="loMASHAlo"][quote user="neslihan duran"][quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="neslihan duran"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah I agree with you Neslihan!!  I would much prefer for JJ to be number 1 than Ana!  And loMASHAlo I really do not want either of the Williams sisters to be the number 1 - that would be the worst possible scenario for me!! [:(]

[/quote]

yeah, I know it's a worst thing but be ready coz I think it's just matter of time and S. Williams be # 1 coz in my opnion the best players this year untill now are Serena, Safina, Elena D. and Radwanska......my point is serena in the top 5 aready ,so if she wins Olympics or USO and a couple of big tournaments she'll be # 1....