logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

198 Pages«<45678>»
Live Streams
paul_pipkin
#1622 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2008 6:58:36 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Dubai Schedule for Friday:

Daytime semifinal: Jankovic vs Kuznetsova:

Eurosport Asia Pacific stream will begin with the match at 10:00 GMT (4:00 am CST in the States.)

Eurosport 2 Romania might be accessed through SopCast at the same time 10:00 GMT.

Nightime semifinal: Schiavone vs Dementieva: [H]

(The night match is scheduled "not before" 15:00 GMT.)

Eurosport Asia Pacific stream will begin fifteen minutes before the match: 14:44 GMT (8:45 am CST in the States.)

"Regular" Eurosport (via pbxtelecom.ro) will start at the same time 14:45 GMT.

Eurosport Asia Pacific will do semifinal reruns Friday evening at 21:45 - 00:30 GMT (15:45 - 18:30 CST in the afternoon in the States.)

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
paul_pipkin
#1623 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 1:40:07 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

TIP: Just before 6:00 GMT, Media Player decided that the worldondemand URL we've been using to access Eurosport Pacific had become invalid. This has happened a couple of times before. Reopening Media Player by "Open URL" will usually clear the problem but not always. When it doesn't, you need to close the player and reopen it by means of one of the page linx, like from tennisform.com or myp2p.eu, etc.

As those linx are to the same URL, I have no idea why going through them makes a difference, but it does. [8-)] You might consider keeping windows/tabs open to tennisform.com and/or the Dubai linx at myp2p.eu while viewing the semifinals and final -- so as to quickly refresh the connection if needed. [H]

merylstr@otenet.gr
#776 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 5:07:40 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

R u sure about the hours? On the Eurosport page (coming up), it says that Jankovic is playin' on 15:00 and Elena D. on 19:00. Both GMT.

P.S. Great match that one with Elena D. 2 upsets yesterday - must be Dubai's record ....

merylstr@otenet.gr
#777 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 5:09:43 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Yep, you're right !! The worldondemand link works just fine now !!! Don't know what's wrong with 'em (the people that write the Eurosport page  [:@])
paul_pipkin
#1624 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 8:26:28 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

I take the times from the WTA Order of Play and convert them myself. Someone at Eurosport appears to mix up Dubai time with GMT. I predicted on their messageboard that at least Eurosport UK online would go to hell once they hooked up with Yahoo. [:P]
paul_pipkin
#1625 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 2:07:09 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Did anyone else experience severe connection problems during the evening match today? [8-)] I hope I can catch a Dubai rerun reasonably uninterrupted. Replays of semis supposedly at:

21:45 - 00:30 GMT (15:45 - 18:30 CST in States) and 5:00 - 6:30 (Sat) GMT (Fri 23:00 - 12:30 CST)

While I was jumping through hoops, I found that myp2p.eu had posted a SopCast link and caught it for a little while. Actually managed to record a few minutes during Elena's second set before I lost the stream again. I'll check it later to ascertain the quality of what I might have. But for possible future reference and possible use during the final, that portal is through an outfit called "True Visions":

Sports Channel 5 [EN] (on SopCast Channel - 2146)   288 kbps

protocol is sop://202.190.75.149:3912/2146

loMASHAlo
#506 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 2:34:07 PM(UTC)
loMASHAlo

yeah paul, the stream was so slow and lost it sometimes but I think my net is the main reason cuz it's not working good today.realy I'm unlucky today[:(]
paul_pipkin
#1626 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 4:52:34 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Reruns have started on Eurosport Pacific; at mid-2nd set with Kuzi & JJ now. Give it a try. Tennisform link working fine and it's running pretty smooth here. [H]
paul_pipkin
#1627 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2008 2:42:06 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Livetv.ru has finally posted linx to the Dubai final. [H]

http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/8296/

One is the SopCast protocol previously noted on P2P. The other is a Eurosport Pacific link with a URL through livetv.ru. It is not presently working. If it does work for the final, it would be a good idea to hang onto its URL. Remember, after the WTA and ATP are finished at Dubai, the particular linx will disappear from these sports pages. [I] That does not necessarily mean the URLs and protocols won't still access a Eurosport Pacific stream.

Elena and Kuzi will play not before 19:00 Dubai time, 15:00 GMT, 9:00 am CST in the States. The page linx should begin to function at least fifteen to thirty minutes before then.

Eurosport Pacific will replay the match 19:30 - 21:00 GMT, 13:30 - 15:00 CST in the States.

merylstr@otenet.gr
#778 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:46:34 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

I didn't watch the night match (Saturday nights can be tricky.... [:P]), but during Jelena's match the worldondemand link worked fine - better than it did in the previous matches actually... Glad  livetv.ru finally has a link for something that involves tennis - at last!! But, personally, I'll check the worldondemand link first b4 tryin' anything else... I mean, if a link qorks fine for days, u don't give up on it for the final easily ... ! [;)]

Eurosport page : The guys there are definitely drinking somethin' weird.... On the main page of the tennis section, on the right side of the page, there's a little box that is supposed to show 3 things...The scores of the live matches, the results of the matches that have ended, and the "coming up" matches....BUT, the Dubai final is nowhere..........Hmmmm [*-)] On the TV Guide page though, it says that there "Tennis WTA Live on 15:00 (GMT)"  Where's the reason in that ?????????? [:@]

merylstr@otenet.gr
#779 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:46:34 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

I didn't watch the night match (Saturday nights can be tricky.... [:P]), but during Jelena's match the worldondemand link worked fine - better than it did in the previous matches actually... Glad  livetv.ru finally has a link for something that involves tennis - at last!! But, personally, I'll check the worldondemand link first b4 tryin' anything else... I mean, if a link qorks fine for days, u don't give up on it for the final easily ... ! [;)]

Eurosport page : The guys there are definitely drinking somethin' weird.... On the main page of the tennis section, on the right side of the page, there's a little box that is supposed to show 3 things...The scores of the live matches, the results of the matches that have ended, and the "coming up" matches....BUT, the Dubai final is nowhere..........Hmmmm [*-)] On the TV Guide page though, it says that there "Tennis WTA Live on 15:00 (GMT)"  Where's the reason in that ?????????? [:@]

paul_pipkin
#1628 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2008 1:51:01 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

You know the reason. [;)] It was an all-Russian final, which burns Brit butts about as bad as it does the Yanks -- thus, distract and ignore, most especially Champion Elena Dementieva, pride of Moscow's Red Army Club! lol! [H] So much for the Anglo-American "free press", agenda-driven 'til hell won't have it.

Far as I could tell, that liveTv link never worked but I saved it anyway. I'll play around with it later if we have trouble getting back to "europac" (what I'm calling Eurosport Asia Pacific), which is somewhat covering Bangalore next week. See Eurosport schedule.

Ads during the Dubai tournament assured us there will be coverage of Indian Wells, which we may need. Fox's FSN has sluffed off the PacLife early round coverage to subsidiary FSN West, which I think is an altogether West Coast market, even in the States. [:@]

Much of the information we've assembled on this thread will come to bear immediately for that and perhaps for Miami, so check back here if new linx don't immediately appear.

paul_pipkin
#1629 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2008 2:42:12 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Need to see more Elena, the Eurosport Pacific scheduled replay from 19:30 to 21:00 GMT. Now Rugby is running over and the replay is shortened to 20:15 to 21:00 GMT but take heart:

Replays of the final again on Sun 4:30 to 6:00 GMT and 12:45 to 14:15 GMT. [H]

YoanaY
#2749 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2008 3:00:57 PM(UTC)
YoanaY

Ha,Thanks Paul.
You are our hero.
By the way,does anyone watch the Dubai final today?
Kuznetsova and Elena bring us a great match.
Both of them are also deserve to win this title.
It's extremely exciting.
Anyway,I'm looking forward to the Indian Wells.
As I see,now,Justine and Ivanovic aren't in their best mode.
So,this is a good chance for Maria to improves her seeds order.
If Maria can keeps her mode just like what she did in Doha and AO.
Indian Wells is definitely her title.
Plus,my time zone has only 3hours difference with PT time.
So,maybe I can't watch the live,poor me!God bless Maria.

paul_pipkin
#1630 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2008 8:03:09 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Thank you, YoanaY, and welcome to the forum! [H] Yeah, a number of us watched. Comments on the thread "Maria Sharapova withdraws from Barclays Dubai Tennis Championship..." here in Tennis Talk and "Elegant Elena" down in WTA. I'm gonna watch another rerun in about an hour and a half. [8-|] Do visit often and certainly for Indian Wells. We'll endeavor to find streams and time slots so that all members can view some part of the PacLife, wherever you may be.

paul_pipkin
#1631 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2008 1:02:18 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

If you missed the Dubai Final there are replays in a couple of hours and through Monday on the Eurosport Asia Pacific stream. [H]

Sun: 20:00 - 21:45 GMT (14:00 - 15:45 CST in States)

Mon: 10:30 - 12:00 GMT (4:30 - 6:00 am CST)   (followed by Memphis ATP)

17:00 - 19:00 GMT (11:30 - 13:00 CST)     (followed by Memphis ATP)

Tue:  00:30 - 2:00 GMT   (Mon 18:30 -20:00 CST)

merylstr@otenet.gr
#780 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2008 8:34:27 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

So, the only channels that are showing the Indian Wells are Fox Sports Network and Fox Sports Network West - USA. I was hoping that maybe by this wekk another channel would be announced too, but i got unlucky. It's a bit too early to talk about live streams, I know, but I just didn't want thi thread to go on age 2 or something... I'm gonna start the searching in a couple of days...hope i find something really really good, 'cause it's a great tournament...! See ya next week in this thread !
paul_pipkin
#1632 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2008 3:06:44 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="merylstr@otenet.gr"]So, the only channels that are showing the Indian Wells are Fox Sports Network and Fox Sports Network West - USA. I was hoping that maybe by this wekk another channel would be announced too, but i got unlucky. It's a bit too early to talk about live streams, I know, but I just didn't want thi thread to go on age 2 or something... I'm gonna start the searching in a couple of days...hope i find something really really good, 'cause it's a great tournament...! See ya next week in this thread ![/quote]

I'd posted on this on the Palm Springs thread. I know you don't have time to go through all these postings--the gist is that the Eurosports--including the good Eurosport Pacific are scheduled to carry (probably the Fox Net feed.) I'd expect all the same linx as at Dubai to be in place. Here's a re-do:

Y'all who will be mostly dependent on Eurosport TV and/or Eurosport streams for viewing the Pacific Life will need to keep a close watch on the schedule beginning Mon the 17th for a round of 32 match.

http://yahoo.eurosport.com/tvschedule_clng0.shtml

On Wed the 19th, frequency of time slots really picks up with round of 16 going into the quarterfinals. But they are scattered all around the clock and between regular Eurosport and Eurosport Asia Pacific -- with one LIVE quarterfinal broadcast on Eurosport 2. Thursday the 20th is similar with even more slots. Suggest you start checking the times to see what will be available to you. Cool

paul_pipkin
#1633 Posted : Saturday, March 08, 2008 3:03:44 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

merylstr 'n all: By my last post I did not mean to discourage a search for alternate portals and streams for Indian Wells. Let me show you why:

Before I knew I would be able to get nice downloads of Elena D (thanx, alwysdreaming [:D]) I was watching all of Eurosport's replays of the Dubai final that I could. One of them was pre-empted by a Live transmission of the men's final at Memphis. BUT THAT ATP EVENT WAS NOT STREAMED. When that time-slot came up, Eurosport Pacific went to the Eurosport News loop, then returned to their posted schedule in the next time-slot.

Because of the Fox Sports Net franchise, those of us in the Western Hemisphere, Down Under and other places may run into that sort of problem re Indian Wells. [^o)] Our friends in South America who have relied on ESPN would benefit if we could find streams of FSN itself. There are such because TvAnts can see a couple of "Fox Sports" channels, though I haven't been able to connect.

Of additional possible interest may be the origin of a Eurosport stream I picked up during the Dubai semi-finals through a SopCast "Channel - 2146". It had the English commentary but I don't know where it originated. There was a logo in the upper right of the screen reading "JawitZ", if that means anything to anyone. [H]

merylstr@otenet.gr
#781 Posted : Saturday, March 08, 2008 7:41:53 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Yeah, hon, you're right - i don't go through all the postings... The fact that Eurospport carries it, doesn't mean a lot to me, 'cause it's always very hard for me to catch especially Eurosport. Unless the worldondemand link works....Of all the Eurosport links ever posted, that is the only one that really works for me... Now, here, we do have FSN on TV (weird, I know), but it is shown through one of our national channels only on Saturday - specific hours, usually showing NBA games.... But one can only hope...nuh ! Just wishfull thinking !!

Thanx a lot !!  

P.S. Btw, Henin isn't playin' .... shame !