logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Myskina + Sharapova
shrapi
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 7:47:29 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

No good relationship between them.( old stuff)

@Sweet Cleopatra@
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 1:37:13 PM(UTC)
@Sweet Cleopatra@

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

why ?

Myskina played for Russia a lot in fed cup and in Olympics , go Myskina

it's bad she doesn't play any more ,,

kourosh
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 4:30:47 PM(UTC)
kourosh

well you know nastya was the first russian women ever to win a grand slam and masha won wimbly just after her! but still all the attentions were focused on masha!

so i feel she was a lil jealous to masha for all the attentions...anyways she expected more than that when she became the first russian slam winner! 

@Sweet Cleopatra@
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 6:21:47 PM(UTC)
@Sweet Cleopatra@

[quote user="kourosh"]

well you know nastya was the first russian women ever to win a grand slam and masha won wimbly just after her! but still all the attentions were focused on masha!

so i feel she was a lil jealous to masha for all the attentions...anyways she expected more than that when she became the first russian slam winner! 

[/quote]

no way !

Myskina's more honored and considered a hero in Russia cause she actually played to Russia in fed cup and Olympics

and sure all know that she won RG in 2004 ,,

Saint
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 7:21:54 PM(UTC)
Saint

[quote user="kourosh"]

[/quote]

yeah that might be true yeah

stupidos_90
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:59:21 PM(UTC)
stupidos_90

who cares??[8-)]
shrapi
#6 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 7:04:14 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Myskina stands by Fed Cup threat

Anastasia Myskina
Myskina takes offence at Maria Sharapova's father
Anastasia Myskina has repeated her insistence that she will stop playing for Russia's Fed Cup team if Maria Sharapova joins the set-up in 2005.

Myskina said on Wednesday that she is unhappy with the courtside behaviour of Sharapova's father Yuri Sharapov.

And on Thursday, Myskina added: "Why should I feel sorry for what I said yesterday?"

"I don't want to be on the same team with people who don't show respect to me as a person. End of story."

The French Open champion ignited the row after the first day of play at the Fed Cup semi-finals on Wednesday.

"If she joins our team next season you won't see me there for sure," said Myskina.

I feel that things will calm down soon and we'll have Myskina, Sharapova, Kuznetsova and everyone else playing for Russia

Shamil Tarpishchev,
Russia Fed Cup captain
"His behaviour is totally incorrect, simply rude. I don't want to be around people like him."

Sharapova has been kept out of this year's team by Myskina and US Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova.

Larisa Neiland, assistant to Russia Fed Cup captain Shamil Tarpishchev, said: "Maria's main problem is her father and I just don't see how he would co-exist with other girls' parents and team officials."

Referring to the season-ending WTA Tour Championships, won by Florida-based Sharapova in Los Angeles, Neiland said: "Every time Maria was playing a Russian girl, her father's behaviour was simply outrageous.

"I just don't see how he could work with the rest of us."

After losing to Sharapova in the semi-finals, Myskina said: "He was just yelling and screaming instructions to her and I thought he just might jump right on the court at one point in the match."

Sharapov received a warning from the chair umpire for coaching his daughter during the Myskina match.

Fed Cup captain Tarpishchev has tried to play down the situation.

"(Yuri) Sharapov has a strange, quickly-changing nervous system. It often leads to stressful situations," Tarpishchev said.

"I must say that parents often interfere with the team's process. It gives us an extra headache but they are not the ones who decide the make-up of the team.

"I feel that things will calm down soon and we'll have Myskina, Sharapova, Kuznetsova and everyone else playing for Russia.

"In my 30 years as team captain I've seen a lot worse situations and we've managed to survive all of them."