logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

109 Pages«<56789>»
Elegant Elena
merylstr@otenet.gr
#804 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2008 1:23:44 PM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]

BEFORE the Slam i posted somewhere "...if she can survive the first week, she can feel very lucky". And what luck she had!!! Twice thru the eye of the needle, c'mon!!! This is breakfast for champions and real champions don't give away what Pova did yesterday. She ran out of luck, 'cos don't tell me she played "good"...all her matches were the opposite (DF, unforced errors, bad service). Sometimes she gave the impression she played better, vs. Knapp maybe, but that was just an impression. Pova was never in the picture here, NEVER. Maybe her S-shaped Tiffany's were more attractive??? From a neutral point of view one would say it's amazing she survived the first round[H]

[/quote]

OK, for one I'm glad I influence you! You called her "Pova" !! [;)]  Secondly, you're right..."champions don't give away what Pova did yesterday". And she "was never in the picture", sure, but I think that if she had finished the match in the second set, she would be "in the picture " . And I have no doubt about that. It was an emotionally draining match that one, and it would have boosted her confidence, had she won it. And she was awfully lucky to win the first match - I've written that in another thread.

About the "DO" - that was a typo !! I was still pressing "Shift" and didn't realise ! Sorry ! [:$] Moulin Rouge?? What's that?? I heard that's it's like a bar, or club, you know? I think the French call it something like cabaret, you know?? It's where people striptease, you know?? That must be so kewl !!

Back to the subject!!! Go Elena D. !!!!!! You can win !!

paul_pipkin
#977 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:41:00 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1871 time(s) in 1241 post(s)

You dunno about Moulin Rouge? Thaz history, girl! The old can-can 'n all that--way when. Now, I imagine it's pretty much a cabaret show--maybe some nudity involved, though I'd doubt true striptease. The classic strip joint in Paris is (still, I think) the "Crazyhorse Saloon". Yeah, that's really its name--dunno why, no American West motif or anything; really very artsy, actually.

Yes, Elena can win. Dunno if she will, but I'd love to see it--in part to freak out all these people who do not even consider her. They just don't get it, that so much of what they focus on is dictated to them by Western press for reasons that have nothing to do with the game. Oi!

There's a lovely Elena video on the WTA site. [:)] Also another one from a few days ago--a Q & A from RG.

http://www.sonyericssonw...imedia/default_video.asp

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
CROUCHING TIGER
#74 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 1:43:39 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2863 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
She's messing around with us, Paul. She knows very well i meant her favorite movie, "Moulin Rouge"!!! Sarcastic little girl, u know[:P] Oh, "Pova" i used already many times in Justine's forum, my dear, there goes(shift on) YOUR influence...(shifts on)LOL[;)]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
shrapi
#1717 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 4:25:47 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Good luck for lovely Elena a today !!!

Hope she can win against Safina.

CROUCHING TIGER
#75 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 6:27:18 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

If she wins she takes about 340 points and moves up to the 6th ranking [:P] 

shrapi
#1718 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 8:15:55 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Elena won the first set and leads in the second set.

Come on Elena !!!

Show her what loosing means.

CROUCHING TIGER
#76 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 8:28:16 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Masha gave this away, Elena won't[H]

shrapi
#1719 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 8:47:02 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Elena was leading in the second but now we have " egalite" 5:5

Come on Elena !!!

paul_pipkin
#978 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 11:00:39 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]Masha gave this away, Elena won't[H][/quote]

Well, she did give it away--and pretty much the same way as Masha. I don't want to disparage Dinara, but I do not want to listen to any crap about Safina become a great player. Bulling your way back at the last possible second is not a strategy.

But thaz my plan, don't y'know? I screw up by the numbers 'til late in the second just to throw 'em off... lol!

All I can say about both matches is that Masha & Elena are to be criticized for failure to close out their second sets when they should. End of story. [:S]

neslihan duran
#912 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 11:12:31 AM(UTC)
neslihan duran

I can't believe!!!!! Elena lost[:S].At first Dinara played bad ,she lost 1. set and she was loseing 2. set butttt she won[:S] Maria also lost same[:(]

I HATE DINARA[:@]

paul_pipkin
#979 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:09:38 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Now, now... I felt the same way during the match. But the fact is, against her, Masha & Elena both screwed up--just the same way. (And that's puzzling in itself.)

But beyond all this, Elena (senior player and Silver Medalist) is the kommando vozhd of Team Russia and sits at the right hand of Tarpischev. (There'll be some headlines about "Sharapova Leads Russian Team", based on ranking, but that's bull. In Beijing, Elena is the вождь. [:)])

As such, Maria and Dinara are both "her girls". Elena mustn't hate Dinara and neither should we. [H]

And what is more than that, the Safin & Dementiev families are close. Dinara's mum had an early role in coaching Elena.

Vera D and Elena with Dinara 

Vera D & Elena with Dinara in Berlin

loMASHAlo
#632 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:26:39 PM(UTC)
loMASHAlo

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Well, she did give it away--and pretty much the same way as Masha. I don't want to disparage Dinara, but I do not want to listen to any crap about Safina become a great player. Bulling your way back at the last possible second is not a strategy.

But thaz my plan, don't y'know? I screw up by the numbers 'til late in the second just to throw 'em off... lol!

All I can say about both matches is that Masha & Elena are to be criticized for failure to close out their second sets when they should. End of story. [:S]

[/quote]

yeah,agree with every word y said...both of them ( Maria & Elena ) had the apportunity to win the match but they wasted away and you know the player should play in the same rhythm from the first point to the last point especially the top players but now can't say anything just hope the trophy will hold by a Russian player....

alwysdreaming09
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 3:25:59 PM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

awww..elena..hope someday you ca win a slam:)
paul_pipkin
#980 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 7:22:39 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

So who all over here in the States saw the ESPN2 replay of Elena & Dinara's second set? Yeah, second set--no first set, no third set--just the 2nd. [:^)] How weird is that?

Well, they couldn't show the 1st set because that would make Elena look good and she's not a "good Russian". (You can't even put in with ESPN for good Russian status unless you leave Russia--preferably come over here & let us sell you a condo in Swampstink, Florida... [:P])

They didn't show the 3rd because, when all is said and done, they don't give a damn about Dinara's win--just Elena's loss. Afterwards, they had a guest commentator--piece of limey trash named Darren Cahill who gloated over the thought she might not sleep well tonight.

Sure, they had all day to edit the footage; way too much focus on Dinara if she weren't the winner. I'll forgive that; it's to be expected. But the real insult to your intelligence [:@] was Carillo & Drysdale rambling along pretending to be doing real-time commentary when every other line told you they knew exactly what outcome they were tailoring their remarks to support. I guess they think this makes them look like great pundits.

In fact, it just exposes exactly how stupid they think we are.

beni
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2008 7:47:08 PM(UTC)
beni

Another heart break!
shrapi
#1720 Posted : Thursday, June 05, 2008 12:55:37 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Feel very sorry for what happened to my two favourites Maria and Elena.

And Ferrer, my man-favourite fall out too.

For me RG is over.

CROUCHING TIGER
#77 Posted : Thursday, June 05, 2008 1:31:04 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

[/quote] Masha's old school now, she played bad tennis, game over. Elena played tremendous in that first set but couldn't handle the stressfactor in the second, when Dinara changed completely her game. That's why i posted in the forum some "support", saw clearly Safina would do it again and she did. Since Berlin we can call her the "come-back-queen". Now Kuzi MUST show herself, nowhere to hide, into the radar[H]

merylstr@otenet.gr
#805 Posted : Thursday, June 05, 2008 5:46:31 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

You dunno about Moulin Rouge? Thaz history, girl! The old can-can 'n all that--way when. Now, I imagine it's pretty much a cabaret show--maybe some nudity involved, though I'd doubt true striptease. The classic strip joint in Paris is (still, I think) the "Crazyhorse Saloon". Yeah, that's really its name--dunno why, no American West motif or anything; really very artsy, actually.

[/quote]

Come on Professor!! Tiger is right, I'm just messin' with you !! You should know I don't use the so loved from American teenagers phrase "you know", that often !! [:P][;)] And yep, there's no real striptease. [8-|]

Great video that one about Elena D.  Check this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRIc1Ca599A&NR=1 Are the shots 49 in this one?? Last time I gave you another link and you said you counted 42... (It's the longest rally video, remember?) [;)]

Elena didn't deserve that score in the 3rd set btw...

paul_pipkin
#981 Posted : Thursday, June 05, 2008 8:51:36 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="shrapi"]

Feel very sorry for what happened to my two favourites Maria and Elena.

And Ferrer, my man-favourite fall out too.

For me RG is over.

[/quote]

Take heart:

Elena's Next Tournament! [:D] June 15-21 Ordina Open: 's-Hertogenbosch, Nederlands

http://www.ordinaopen.nl/Default.aspx

I don't know if the Ordina will be "broadcast" in the sense of complete matches, but it will get extensive coverage on three Dutch TV stations that are actually rather easy to pull in online. [H]

photo of the week

paul_pipkin
#982 Posted : Thursday, June 05, 2008 3:09:49 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="merylstr@otenet.gr"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[/quote]

Come on Professor!! Tiger is right, I'm just messin' with you !! You should know I don't use the so loved from American teenagers phrase "you know", that often !! [:P][;)] And yep, there's no real striptease. [8-|]

Great video that one about Elena D.  Check this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRIc1Ca599A&NR=1 Are the shots 49 in this one?? Last time I gave you another link and you said you counted 42... (It's the longest rally video, remember?) [;)]

Elena didn't deserve that score in the 3rd set btw...

[/quote]

The original can-can at the old Moulin Rouge of 1888 Montmartre was easily at least as risque--as it was often performed sans culottes. Think about it. [;)]

I can confirm 49 hits between Elena & Capriati. Yikes! [H]

The bagel score obscures the amount of back-and -forth that did go on early in the set. True, there come a point where the issue is effectively decided. But , if she were inclined, I suspect Dinara doesn't yet have the expertise to give something away without it looking obvious. As that perception degrades both players, it's best she didn't try. Better an honest bagel than look like you got charity.