logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

109 Pages«<45678>»
Elegant Elena
loMASHAlo
#656 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2008 3:47:20 PM(UTC)
loMASHAlo

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

HOW FREAKIN' COOL IS THIS, HUNH?

CSKA

Elena D with President Putin (now PM) at the 85th anniversary celebration of the Central Sports Club of the Army. [H]

[/quote]

More interesting Elena pix at http://eng.dementieva.ru...urt/Ceremony_and_awards/

Elena with the bosses

Another of Elena with the вождь. Second from left is Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov. Definitely a soiree with the Bosses. [;)]

Berlin players party

Better shot at Berlin players party. [H]

[/quote]

wooooow, teasing me[;)]

loMASHAlo
#657 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2008 3:47:23 PM(UTC)
loMASHAlo

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

HOW FREAKIN' COOL IS THIS, HUNH?

CSKA

Elena D with President Putin (now PM) at the 85th anniversary celebration of the Central Sports Club of the Army. [H]

[/quote]

More interesting Elena pix at http://eng.dementieva.ru...urt/Ceremony_and_awards/

Elena with the bosses

Another of Elena with the вождь. Second from left is Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov. Definitely a soiree with the Bosses. [;)]

Berlin players party

Better shot at Berlin players party. [H]

[/quote]

wooooow, teasing me[;)]

paul_pipkin
#974 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 2:58:27 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 1239 post(s)
[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Congrats to Elena on today's victory. [H] She got Domachowska's number during that Warsaw exo. Her next opponent, Olga Govortsova, is new to her. This tall young Belarussian is a tough competitior but her game seens somehow... limited. If you want to see Govortsova play, her match today with Ai Sugiyama was streamed by Tennis Channel and will be in their archives later today:

http://video.tennischannel.com/schedule.jsp

[/quote]

More congrats to Elena, [

Elena has defended her points from last year and, I imagine, made up the small Istanbul deficit. Henceforth, it's all gravy, but now she must try to dismiss Vera Z--as Masha must confront Safina. Four members of Team Russia. [^o)] There is no way you'll make me believe this draw was straight--any more than the last time the bulk of Russian power was crammed into one quarter of the draw--in Berlin a couple of weeks before.

But what can you do? [&] The lapdog sports media won't even allow the question to be raised.

Nothing against either Vera or Dinara but I, of course, am holding out for a Battle of the Blondes. [H]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
merylstr@otenet.gr
#796 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2008 12:11:25 PM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I'm hoping for one such battle myself...We'll see. Masha is playin' tomorrow - is Elena playin' tomorrow too?? Musta say I haven't watched any of her ROland Garros matches so far...They haven't shown any in the channel I'm using....[:(]

But I suppose they will if Masha and Elena get to play in the quarters....and I'm pretty sure Elena will be playin' in the quarters...About Masha, I don't know.....Maybe if the "twin sister" stopped playin'....??

gt1
#548 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2008 5:14:45 PM(UTC)
gt1

^ yes Elena will play tomorow against Zvonareva and i to didn't see any of her matches so far -i think eurosport didn't broadcast any [:(]

good luck Elena! hope she is enjoing her time on the court [;)]

paul_pipkin
#975 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2008 7:52:49 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Yes, she will play on Monday; here's the deal:

09:00 GMT Elena will play Vera Z on Chatrier Court at the beginning of Monday play. (After two men's matches, Kuzi will play Azarenka in the 4th match.)

11:00 GMT (or later) Maria will play Dinara in the second match on Lenglen Court.

As of now about 01:00 GMT, the page http://www.justin.tv/comunidadepalmeirastv is still streaming ESPN Brasil. If it holds up, that might carry Chatrier.

If gt1 is in Europe like you, probably neither of you can get the streams at http://video.tennischannel.com/schedule.jsp

But it's worth checking. At this moment, we still don't know what court they'll cover. (They streamed Elena's Sat match with Govortsova and have it in the archives--also a couple of her RG matches from last year. For anyone who can get in there.)

Advise checking for linx in the morning after 04:00 GMT at

http://www.myp2p.eu/comp...sports&discipline=tennis

merylstr@otenet.gr
#797 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2008 3:21:53 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Hmmm... only one correction : Elena will play on 10:00 am GMT. [;)] Let's see!
merylstr@otenet.gr
#798 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2008 4:54:41 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Oh my!! Did you guys see that?? Elena D. took the first set with service winner!! Which by itself is an irony! Nice from Elena!! [Y]
CROUCHING TIGER
#70 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2008 5:24:09 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
That second serve will do here in if she keeps playin' like that. And she should approach the net like she net in the first set. If Vera wins she's Top-10 or 5 Russian girls, my ultimate wet dream[:P] Heartbreaking how 5 girls must kill eachother in this second week. Like Paul said, they did in Berlin...but "fixin" a GS??? [:@]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
merylstr@otenet.gr
#799 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2008 5:30:23 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Well, it didn't work for them in Berlin with an all Russian final!! lol ! Let's see how this Slam will turn out to be... Elena got the first game.
CROUCHING TIGER
#71 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2008 5:51:55 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Elena has the Power of the Serve!!! See that girl racing into the quarters...and once again, such a waste for Vera. In a few hours we'll say the same...just so unfair!!! Still follow Justine's tip with Kuzi...Saint was here, just saying hello. Might follow him in a few months. new horizons...new sites...new people...thought about it in the WE. Fantastic site here, fantastic ppl...dunno, something always pushes me on and on...like a timetraveller with just a window of a few hours, months i feel like a sitetraveller. ELENA WINS!!!

merylstr@otenet.gr
#800 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2008 6:04:55 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Yeah, Elena did win! And I did see that Saint came back - he posted a thread called "What Did I miss?" or something like that. Follow him, huh?? If that makes you happy Luc...then OK! I've been wondering.... Justine's forum in her site...is it still alive? You're a member, right??
paul_pipkin
#976 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2008 6:12:26 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Drew Lilley on the RG site, a really rather good blogster of the live action, noted:

12.57 pm: And what of Zvonnie? She has more game, to use an Americanism, than Elena but she can get thrown off her rhythm and all of a sudden she’s lost four games. Her racquet-swinging and pinging incident showed that and she also seems to have to pace around to get into some sort of mindset between points. Elena just plays her game and applauds her opponents winners. But it’s Elena who wins with a beaut down the line and she takes it 6-4 1-6 6-2. Bravo Elena.

You see what kind of person she is? And a most proper team leader for Beijing! Davai, Commissar Elena! [H]

merylstr@otenet.gr
#801 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2008 6:18:42 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Drew Lilley on the RG site, a really rather good blogster of the live action, noted:

12.57 pm: And what of Zvonnie? She has more game, to use an Americanism, than Elena but she can get thrown off her rhythm and all of a sudden she’s lost four games. Her racquet-swinging and pinging incident showed that and she also seems to have to pace around to get into some sort of mindset between points. Elena just plays her game and applauds her opponents winners. But it’s Elena who wins with a beaut down the line and she takes it 6-4 1-6 6-2. Bravo Elena.

You see what kind of person she is? And a most proper team leader for Beijing! Davai, Commissar Elena! [H]

[/quote]

[Y]

CROUCHING TIGER
#72 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2008 6:18:44 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Not like i used 2be, too much time on this one. Leaving Masha won't make me HAPPY, Amarylis, certainly not but there's so much goin' on in that crazy head of mine. First she must win another SLAM. Then NEO much search for Trinity in the virtual streams of the immense net...diving like the hero of Sergei Lukjanenko's "Labyrinth..." dive, dive into the darkness...

merylstr@otenet.gr
#802 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2008 8:23:22 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]Not like i used 2be, too much time on this one. Leaving Masha won't make me HAPPY, Amarylis, certainly not but there's so much goin' on in that crazy head of mine. First she must win another SLAM. Then NEO much search for Trinity in the virtual streams of the immense net...diving like the hero of Sergei Lukjanenko's "Labyrinth..." dive, dive into the darkness...[/quote]

No, no, I didn't mean "if leaving Masha makes you happy...". It was more like "if searching the net and other forums makes you happy..." ! Just be careful...Trinity and Neo didn't exactly have a fairy tale ending... DO whatever you feel you need, or want to do... - di that sound better than the previous one?

merylstr@otenet.gr
#803 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2008 11:18:58 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

No battle of the blondes.
loMASHAlo
#631 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2008 5:03:43 PM(UTC)
loMASHAlo

Hope she'll take her revenge and win the quarter...Good Luck Elena
CROUCHING TIGER
#73 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2008 1:43:07 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

BEFORE the Slam i posted somewhere "...if she can survive the first week, she can feel very lucky". And what luck she had!!! Twice thru the eye of the needle, c'mon!!! This is breakfast for champions and real champions don't give away what Pova did yesterday. She ran out of luck, 'cos don't tell me she played "good"...all her matches were the opposite (DF, unforced errors, bad service). Sometimes she gave the impression she played better, vs. Knapp maybe, but that was just an impression. Pova was never in the picture here, NEVER. Maybe her S-shaped Tiffany's were more attractive??? From a neutral point of view one would say it's amazing she survived the first round[H]

CROUCHING TIGER
#93 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2008 1:52:50 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

[quote user="merylstr@otenet.gr"]

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]Not like i used 2be, too much time on this one. Leaving Masha won't make me HAPPY, Amarylis, certainly not but there's so much goin' on in that crazy head of mine. First she must win another SLAM. Then NEO much search for Trinity in the virtual streams of the immense net...diving like the hero of Sergei Lukjanenko's "Labyrinth..." dive, dive into the darkness...[/quote]

No, no, I didn't mean "if leaving Masha makes you happy...". It was more like "if searching the net and other forums makes you happy..." ! Just be careful...Trinity and Neo didn't exactly have a fairy tale ending... DO whatever you feel you need, or want to do... - di that sound better than the previous one?

[/quote] I'm very well aware of dwelling chatforums,my dear Amarylis, could write u a book about that, oh yes!!! I did like very much the ending between Trinity/Neo...the best love-stories are always those that finish bad ("Moulin Rouge" anyone?). "DO".... At your orders, general..LOLOL, it surely sounds funnier[:P]