logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

BLOOD IN MOSCOW
CROUCHING TIGER
#1 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 2:14:01 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2864 time(s) in 1720 post(s)

I know, i know it's "old", still what Elena did was superb, fantastic,wonderfull, califragilesticcexpialidosious stuff. A real bloody revenge in

suspense for Masha or Chaky.Henin said it some weeks ago : "of al the Russian girls Dementieva is a real pitbull, THE  fighter". Now

Serena can confirm this statement. WHAT A GREAT MATCH, think i hit all my walls, sealing or floor.Certainly one of the best of

the year!!! Bravo Elena, congratz', absolutely fantastic. Really hope she can make Madrid, she deserves it more then some other Russian

players.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
shrapi
#6 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 3:40:27 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Yeah, great match, big thing, Elena was great.

She really deserves to go to Madrid.

paul_pipkin
#5 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 7:00:13 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Elena's website http://eng.dementieva.ru/ has a little poll where her fans express hopefulness of Madrid, but the points are quite there for this year. After her injuries, she's made a heroic effort to pull back to top ten. Zürich is her last scheduled event before 2008 AO. (She might warm up at Watson's Water or something.) But this year is about wrapped.

Tiger, I didn't know about Justine's remark. Thanx. The instance I remember that's most telling of Elena's character was a couple of years ago when Maria was considering Fed Cup and Yuri ticked off the American press by stating flatly that Maria would never change her citizenship. Knowing that Elena's bud Myskina had been irked at Yuri on other issues, they tried to stir the pot at an Elena press conference.

Elena backed them right down, dismissing the ploys and proclaiming that there was no dissension in the Russian team. She has a sweet demeanor, but that emphatic, no-nonsense presence about her. During her acceptance remarks yesterday, she credited her "Red Army Tennis Club" -- and Serena must have felt she'd met them head on. LOL It cracked me up; you won't see that quoted in Western press, no sir. [H]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
@Sweet Cleopatra@
#2 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 5:53:05 PM(UTC)
@Sweet Cleopatra@

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
in ten years Russia'll be even more dominant in tennis than now , it's like gymnastics
CROUCHING TIGER
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 5:04:29 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Hope that in a few years we have 10 Russian players in the top-15. GO RUSSIA:)))

CROUCHING TIGER
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 5:07:21 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Elena's website http://eng.dementieva.ru/ has a little poll where her fans express hopefulness of Madrid, but the points are quite there for this year. After her injuries, she's made a heroic effort to pull back to top ten. Zürich is her last scheduled event before 2008 AO. (She might warm up at Watson's Water or something.) But this year is about wrapped.

Tiger, I didn't know about Justine's remark. Thanx. The instance I remember that's most telling of Elena's character was a couple of years ago when Maria was considering Fed Cup and Yuri ticked off the American press by stating flatly that Maria would never change her citizenship. Knowing that Elena's bud Myskina had been irked at Yuri on other issues, they tried to stir the pot at an Elena press conference.

Elena backed them right down, dismissing the ploys and proclaiming that there was no dissension in the Russian team. She has a sweet demeanor, but that emphatic, no-nonsense presence about her. During her acceptance remarks yesterday, she credited her "Red Army Tennis Club" -- and Serena must have felt she'd met them head on. LOL It cracked me up; you won't see that quoted in Western press, no sir. [H]

[/quote] Don't mention it. I thank u for those up-to-date posts.

shrapi
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 7:52:44 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Yeah, go Russia. Russian all good in almost all sports.

I  ever was and already am a fan of the russian ice-figure-skaters.

Oksana Bajul, Maria Butyrskaja( another Maria ).....................