logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<26272829>
JUSTINE HENIN
Nella
#489 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2009 12:57:01 PM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

[quote user="Pietaar"]

I understood little from what Justine had to say, but this is what I did understand(stupid French!Big Smile):

She is coming back to professional tennis in 2010, more precisely: the Australian Open.

Other details will follow later.

EDIT -- Justine is planning to go all the way to the 2012 Olympics.

[/quote] OUT = OUT !!   What is it with women's tennis these days !??? Kim ad Justine obviously think the game is crap !!  Too bad for Maria . Less chance to win tournaments.
mashadabest
#352 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:16:01 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="Pietaar"]

EDIT -- Justine is planning to go all the way to the 2012 Olympics.

[/quote]

Oh no. [:S]  Another person standing in the way of Maria getting her gold medal. [:S]

Anyways kinda excited about this news of Justine's return, sure spices things up! 

merylstr@otenet.gr
#440 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:50:02 PM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Seems like Tiger was right !! Some people should apologise for mocking him when he first said there are rumors of Justine coming back !!!

No????[:D]

CROUCHING TIGER
#195 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:10:21 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
That's allright, Amarylis, thanx. Justine was just great yesterday. She looked really fantastic, no longer that "little girl" we all knew but a self-confident, mature WOMAN. I really was surprised, never had seen her almost give away a 30'-speech. She told 'bout that internal tennisflame goin' lower but NEVER really away. She always kept on training(something McEnroe already mentioned almost a year ago) while doin' all that other stuff for tv, unicef or football(smokescreen). About her private life,she mentioned her sisters baby and how she would like founding a family, nothing more but that said enough for me. Three months ago she told Carlos about her wish to return on court and the game was on. What a determination(really!!) when she said she would not just return for a year; no, all the way to London. She must be really very, very sure about herself. Not that much about the comeback of KC, although it's always been the same song, "wherever Kim went, Justine followed". I'm pretty sure(can't explain it, but felt it so very much) we'll see "another" Justine when she starts her second career down-under.[H]( Anyway, it's all over the net, newspapers and tv). 

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Teerin
#566 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:30:19 AM(UTC)
Teerin

[quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="Nella"]

Pleaseeeeeeee, let Justine not comeback !! It will be more difficult for Maria to win tournaments. Out=out !!

[/quote]

That is the only reason I have for not wanting Justine to return - the fact that it will make it harder for Maria, JJ and Kim to win slams and tournaments, but overall I think it's gonna be great for the WTA and I am kinda excited to see what happens with this rumour. [:)]

[/quote]

Justine was playing crap tennis the entire 2008 before she retired. If she were to return to the same level, she's still wouldn't be good enough. We'll have to see if she ups her level even higher than 2008.

CROUCHING TIGER
#196 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 4:05:37 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

PRESSCONFERENCE JUSTINE ON www.skynet.be at 11.15(GMT+2)

neslihan duran
#490 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:18:07 AM(UTC)
neslihan duran

nice to see her on courts again.welcome,Justine! I hope I will watch great tennis again

fking_crazy
#237 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2009 12:14:23 PM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Funny this wave of unretiring - or deretiring? So when a tennis player says she's gonna retire, we have to understand that she just wants to stay away to accomplish other tasks, let say getting married, having a baby, recovering from injuries or simply doing nothing until she comes back because tennis is definitely her thing!

Mauresmo also announced she's gonna retire. For how long? Is she gonna make a baby too??? IMO the only player we want to retire for real is Serena, right?

paul_pipkin
#519 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2009 12:29:09 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1866 time(s) in 1236 post(s)
I hear that! [H] Yeah, it is absurd. It would be better if they just called it a sabbatical, though the rules wouldn't be any different. They're only dropped off the rankings when they request it. But if a player is gone over a year, all her points will have expired anyway.
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
mashadabest
#351 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 5:06:41 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="fking_crazy"]

Mauresmo also announced she's gonna retire.

[/quote]

[:O] OMG noooooo!!  I don't want her to retire, I know her results have been crappy, but I'm gonna miss her. [:(]

CROUCHING TIGER
#188 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:18:23 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

PPPPPFFFFFFFF.....!!!! THE WAR "DOWN UNDER" is over!! Hallejujah, praise Justine. The blokes of BRISBANE can embrace her in her first comebackmatch and drink tons of beer on that. Cheers mates...and don't forget the bucks!!![H]

paul_pipkin
#520 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:17:12 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Thanx, Tiger. [H] I felt sure there would be some sort of warm-up before AO.

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]PPPPPFFFFFFFF.....!!!! THE WAR "DOWN UNDER" is over!! Hallejujah, praise Justine. The blokes of BRISBANE can embrace her in her first comebackmatch and drink tons of beer on that. Cheers mates...and don't forget the bucks!!![H][/quote]

CROUCHING TIGER
#189 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:47:42 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

An by pure coincidence she'll meet her little mate KC!!! Let the games begin [H]

Pietaar
#528 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:23:51 PM(UTC)
Pietaar

Oh great! Another GOAT has entered Brisbane! Geez, give Vika a break. These things already make me sad about 2010. [:'(]
paul_pipkin
#521 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2009 3:54:35 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Okay, here's one gonna raise some stink. [;)] Eurosport.ru reports former Russian star Evgeny Kafelnikov, calling for understanding of Andre Agassi's position, asserts his belief that Justine Henin left the game for a certain period because of a positive drug test that went unreported.

If there is anything to that, we'll be hearing some more.

Kafelnikov & Agassi

paul_pipkin
#522 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2009 12:11:03 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

The return of Justine this weekend online

30.11.09 - 10:54 This weekend, both online and on our site, you will be able to follow the meetings of Justine Henin who will thus carry out her return at the time of 7th Women Tennis Trophy, a tournament exhibition which is held in Spiroudôme of Charleroi.

These Saturday 5 Sunday December 6, Spiroudôme of Charleroi will be transformed into tennis court. 6.000 people are awaited at the time of 7th Women Tennis Trophy, a tournament exhibition marked by the presence of Justine Henin.
The ex-number world will face Saturday as of 18:30 Kirsten Flipkens. The other semi-final will oppose the Frenchwoman Alize Cormet to Italian Flavia Pennetta. The final of consolation will be held Sunday at 14:00, it will be followed by the final.

A broad page of the sporting weekend will be devoted to this event. This tournament should constitute a good preparation for Justine who will carry out her great return to the competition with Brisbane at the beginning of January 2010.

http://www.rtbf.be/sport/tennis 

ALSO:

Henin against Petrova at the foot of the pyramids
After Women Trophy Tennis of Charleroi, next weekend, Justine Henin will carry out an exhibition on December 12 in Cairo, announces About the Future, Tuesday. She will meet the Russian Nadia Petrova in the open air.

paul_pipkin
#523 Posted : Saturday, December 05, 2009 2:41:06 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

I was not able to pull in a stream but Justine def Flipkins 64 64 in something under two hours.

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

The return of Justine this weekend online

30.11.09 - 10:54 This weekend, both online and on our site, you will be able to follow the meetings of Justine Henin who will thus carry out her return at the time of 7th Women Tennis Trophy, a tournament exhibition which is held in Spiroudôme of Charleroi.

These Saturday 5 Sunday December 6, Spiroudôme of Charleroi will be transformed into tennis court. 6.000 people are awaited at the time of 7th Women Tennis Trophy, a tournament exhibition marked by the presence of Justine Henin.
The ex-number world will face Saturday as of 18:30 Kirsten Flipkens. The other semi-final will oppose the Frenchwoman Alize Cormet to Italian Flavia Pennetta. The final of consolation will be held Sunday at 14:00, it will be followed by the final.

A broad page of the sporting weekend will be devoted to this event. This tournament should constitute a good preparation for Justine who will carry out her great return to the competition with Brisbane at the beginning of January 2010.

http://www.rtbf.be/sport/tennis 

ALSO:

Henin against Petrova at the foot of the pyramids
After Women Trophy Tennis of Charleroi, next weekend, Justine Henin will carry out an exhibition on December 12 in Cairo, announces About the Future, Tuesday. She will meet the Russian Nadia Petrova in the open air.

[/quote]
martinnnn
#344 Posted : Saturday, December 05, 2009 3:31:17 PM(UTC)
martinnnn

I think Justine will find it harder to come back than Kim. For sure she won't win in Melbourne. I'm honestly glad she's back though. I think she's matured with age and we will all grow to love her...(for those of you who dislike her).
paul_pipkin
#524 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 11:44:20 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

SATURDAY, 12/12/09 - Henin against Petrova at the foot of the pyramids [ip]
Justine Henin will carry out an exhibition on December 12 in Cairo. She will meet the Russian Nadia Petrova in the open air.

The Italian Tennis Federation site http://www.federtennis.i...lioNews.asp?IDNews=44815 reports its channel SuperTennis will show the match: "...Cairo (Egypt), Justine Henin challenges in an interesting exhibition the Russian Nadia Petrova. The match will be transmitted in direct (LIVE) on "SuperTennis" from the hours 13.00 (CET)."

That will be 14.00hrs in Cairo (12:00 noon GMT) [07:00 EST in US]. As of the Fed Cup final, I was still able to access SuperTennis at:

http://free-tv.dk/tennis.html

There are other portals around the Net. Geeked

Justine Henin to Face Nadia Petrova in Exo in Cairo

Former world number 1, Justine Henin, is set to face world number 20, Nadia Petrova, in an exhibition match in the Egyptian capital, Cairo, on December 12th.

The Belgian star was set to play an exo in Dubai, but it was canceled and will now face Petrova at the Gezira Sporting Club in Cairo.

Petrova, who reached a career high of number 3 back in 2006, started her tennis career in Cairo, where she spent most of her youth training, since her parents were athletics coaches there.

Petrova and Henin have met on 13 previous occasions, where the Russian only managed to win twice.

Henin just won an exhibition match against her compatriot Kirsten Flipkens in Charleroi in straight sets, and will make her official return to the tour - after her 18-month retirement- in Brisbane next January.
CROUCHING TIGER
#190 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2010 6:29:18 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Justine has a brandnew website now she's "back in action"(prefer the previous one, this one is somewhat "colder & businesslike). http://www.justine-henin.be