logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<23456>»
Who is the most beautiful female tennis player?
sTrEaKz92
#116 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 6:59:10 PM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

[quote user="Siiri"]Ivanovic is pretty....but not prettier!
Also Kim, Safarova, Kirilenko, Grönefeld...[/quote]
eww! kim? really? i think maria is the prettiest then ana ivanovic, daniela hantuchova, etc. BUT whos the ugliest? lol[:D]
midaso
#51 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 8:33:37 PM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

[quote user="sTrEaKz92"][quote user="Siiri"]Ivanovic is pretty....but not prettier! Also Kim, Safarova, Kirilenko, Grönefeld...[/quote] eww! kim? really? i think maria is the prettiest then ana ivanovic, daniela hantuchova, etc. BUT whos the ugliest? lol[:D]
[/quote]

I'd say Henin or Serena Williams...

shrapi
#102 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2007 5:07:09 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Ivanovic's one-two combo may rival Sharapova

With Golden Tan, Solid Game, She Is Reaching For Top

Bruce Arthur, National Post

Published: Wednesday, August 15, 2007

TORONTO -Ana Ivanovic had just crushed fellow poster girl Maria Sharapova, 6-2, 6-1, in the semifinals of the French Open, and her manager, Dan Holzman, was crowing about it. As chronicled by The Times newspaper, he said, "This is the one we have been waiting for, this is the one we have been telling you about. What an important victory for the future of women's tennis. Nike's princess was completely outplayed by the girl in adidas, and now Ana will become just as big a star."

At Ivanovic's request, we are not comparing Ivanovic to the No. 2-ranked Sharapova. For starters, only one of them is here. Also, this 19-year-old Serb does not look like her, talk like her, or have anything in common with the glamourous Russian tennis star other than a powerful ground game, a top-five WTA Tour ranking, stunning good looks and a personality capable of selling tennis by the bushel.

OK, maybe we are comparing them. Sorry.

Rising Serbian star Ana Ivanovic, fresh off winning the Los Angeles Classic on Sunday, begins her defence of the Rogers cup today when she takes on China's Zi Yan.View Larger Image View Larger Image

Rising Serbian star Ana Ivanovic, fresh off winning the Los Angeles Classic on Sunday, begins her defence of the Rogers cup today when she takes on China's Zi Yan.

Lucy Nicholson, Reuters
Email to a friendEmail to a friendPrinter friendlyPrinter friendly
Font:

"I don't really compare myself to any other player, because I think what we have all in common is that we're all tennis players," says Ivanovic, the No. 4 seed at the Rogers Cup. "We are all very specific in the way we play, or the way we behave. So, yeah, I just want to be myself."

She paused, then loosed a radiant smile.

"And also," she adds, "not any woman likes to be compared to anyone."

Talk about being in the wrong business. As Holzman allegedly alluded, when adidas signed Ivanovic they saw her as their answer to Nike's golden girl. And since Anna Kournikova was the marketing equivalent of a neutron bomb in a sport that sells beauty as much or more than it sells, say, performance -- Come see Maria Sharapova's cross-court forehand! -- the blueprint gets repeated, every time.

"If it wouldn't be me, it would be somebody else," Kournikova said here on Monday night. "I think you just kind of have to be in the right place at the right time, and have the whole package."

Ivanovic, with her combination of game and golden tan, fits the bill. First, the performance: After her breakthrough win in this tournament in Montreal last year, she was No. 14 at the start of 2007. After reaching the final of the French Open, the semi-final at Wimbledon, and winning in Berlin and, last week, in Los Angeles, she is now No. 4.

"Now I'm setting higher goals for myself, and that's definitely to become the No. 1," says Ivanovic. "It's only three spots left to go, but it's definitely the hardest [step] to make."

It's possible, though, which means a rivalry with Sharapova may not entirely be an overheated media creation. Though comfortable on all surfaces, Ivanovic has yet to duplicate Sharapova's conquest of Wimbledon and the U.S. Open, much less her overall success. But Sharapova may want to check the mirror for more than her own reflection.

Then, as always in tennis, there is the aesthetic side of the equation -- the glamour, the endorsements, the front-page appeal. In the language of women's tennis, she is no Sharapovaesque waif -- Ivanovic is listed at 6-1, 159 to Sharapova's 6-0, 130 -- and is a brunette beauty rather than a blonde bombshell. And while Sharapova can be prickly, Ivanovic is an almost entirely earnest smile waiting to happen, buoyant and cheery.

jusjanz
#31 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2007 8:59:16 AM(UTC)

i alway thought Ashley Harkleroad was very pretty
erika marschall
#21 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2007 5:42:18 AM(UTC)

Maria is the most beautiful, no doubt.
yenn
#124 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2007 7:04:53 PM(UTC)

Maria ever!!!!!

MyMaria
#63 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2007 11:46:59 PM(UTC)
MyMaria

[quote user="jusjanz"]i alway thought Ashley Harkleroad was very pretty[/quote]Yeah, she's not bad.

The top 4 are definitely Sharapova, Kirilenko, Ivanovic, and Hantuchova.

shrapi
#103 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:59:53 AM(UTC)
shrapi

MARIA

I never had a feeling for this name, but since knowing Maria, this name got for me

a special signification. It' s really like " saint " for me.

markofernandes
#40 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2007 5:14:10 PM(UTC)
markofernandes

[quote user="midaso"]

[quote user="sTrEaKz92"][quote user="Siiri"]Ivanovic is pretty....but not prettier! Also Kim, Safarova, Kirilenko, Grönefeld...[/quote] eww! kim? really? i think maria is the prettiest then ana ivanovic, daniela hantuchova, etc. BUT whos the ugliest? lol[:D]
[/quote]

I'd say Henin or Serena Williams...

[/quote]

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

yeah, i also would say those 2, they are so perfect xD !

LOL!

What a excused topic xD : i mean, it's obvious that Maria is the prettiest!

No doubt about that ! 

Erna
#22 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2007 5:53:31 AM(UTC)
Erna

I think that Ana Ivanovic is the most beautiful tennis player,because she looks as good on court as on the parties!

midaso
#52 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2007 3:01:59 PM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

Give me a break!

No way Ivanovic will be as big as Maria - how many people have heard of Ivanovic in US? NZ? Aus? UK? Not many I'd bet...

She's
nowhere near as good looking as Maria,doesn't have a great body,and
because English is her second language,doesn't have the personality or
draw of Maria... 

Imnumber2
#27 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2007 3:43:31 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)

I agree with midaso 100%!!

Yeah!, I can see that a lot of players including Ivanovic would like to be as famous as Maria but only time will tell. Until then Maria is just 20 years old and she has won GSs and is, BY FAR, the most POPULAR FEMALE ATHLETE IN THE WORLD!!!!

To win a GS, it's not that easy for new comers. I mean Henin, williams sisters. and Maria are still around and they will be around for a WHILE!!!!

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Erna
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2007 6:38:05 PM(UTC)
Erna

That's not right. Ana is so popular in Australia, and in the USA. Everybody are interested in her. btw. You can change your body, but face...It's difficult to change your face! And if Ana has something beautiful on her that's the face!

Ana speaks English well, but she has never lived in America, you have to remember that!

Maybe Ana will be bigger than Maria, because she can play on all surfaces, not just on hard court and grass like Maria!Beside that, Ana is great ond clay and Maria not!

Erna
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2007 6:41:35 PM(UTC)
Erna

That's not right. Ana is so popular in Australia, and in the USA. Everybody are interested in her. btw. You can change your body, but faceIt's difficult to change your face! And if Ana has something beautiful on her that's the face!

Ana speaks English well, but she has never lived in America, you have to remember that!

Maybe Ana will be bigger than Maria, because she can play on all surfaces, not just on hard court and grass like Maria!Beside that, Ana is great ond clay and Maria not!

ahlawy6_1
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2007 7:47:19 PM(UTC)

Ana !!!!!!

Of course Maria is the most beautiful girl in WTA with no competition from others

shrapi
#104 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2007 3:27:45 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Easy question, easy answer.

MARIA !!!

NO compare possible.

DTY
#19 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2007 11:53:08 AM(UTC)

I'm sorry but I don't share the one who said Sharapova is the nicest girl. In French we make the difference between "jolie" and "belle". For me Sharapova is "belle" meaning a nice body but Brigitte Bardot was "jolie" and "belle" meaning a lovely face and a wonderful body. In that sense, I consider that Ivanovic is more "jolie" than Sharapova. But for the one who consider such parameter with regard to tennis, it's really stupid and I wonder if Masha appreciate a lot of commentar about such parameters. Now for example, the one who badly injured Justine Henin I can say that I saw this wonderful person presenting a collection of Armani. You coud be amaze how nice she was. So, please stop with such stupid topic !! In anyway such parameter has nothing to do with tennis.
WilsongpBrazil
#123 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2007 4:37:46 PM(UTC)
WilsongpBrazil

Ivanovic can be a bit hotter than Maria, but Maria is clearly the most beutiful.
TaNjA_88
#118 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2007 8:29:52 AM(UTC)
TaNjA_88

1.Ana Ivanovic

2.Maria Sharapova

3.Ana Ivanovic[;)]

DTY
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:31:16 AM(UTC)

For me Elena Dementieva