logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Lets Blog!!!!
scottish
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:31:52 PM(UTC)
scottish

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Hey mister!! Ferme your bouche please!! :lol: This weather is very unusual for this time of year, and there has been loads of flooding further up north, 6 people have died so far in the floods!! And I read that it has broken all records for rainfall in the UK!! Wettest June ever!! Very weird!! Remember that at Wimbledon last year there was a heatwave and temperatures up to 35C in London!! Its all down to chance!!

I,m so annoyed about Saturday though!! I was loving it when I got my tickets in the ballot, I thought brilliant, No.1 court on the Saturday, won't even have to use a day off work!! And now its forecast to be heavy rain all day!!!! Last time I was at Wimbledon a couple of years ago it rained all day on the day I went!!! Argh, i cannot describe how bummed i am right now!!! :cry: Pray for no rain on Saturday for me!!!!!!! :D
scottish
#61 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:31:52 PM(UTC)
scottish

Hey mister!! Ferme your bouche please!! :lol: This weather is very unusual for this time of year, and there has been loads of flooding further up north, 6 people have died so far in the floods!! And I read that it has broken all records for rainfall in the UK!! Wettest June ever!! Very weird!! Remember that at Wimbledon last year there was a heatwave and temperatures up to 35C in London!! Its all down to chance!!

I,m so annoyed about Saturday though!! I was loving it when I got my tickets in the ballot, I thought brilliant, No.1 court on the Saturday, won't even have to use a day off work!! And now its forecast to be heavy rain all day!!!! Last time I was at Wimbledon a couple of years ago it rained all day on the day I went!!! Argh, i cannot describe how bummed i am right now!!! :cry: Pray for no rain on Saturday for me!!!!!!! :D
scottish
#46 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:31:52 PM(UTC)
scottish

scottish
#47 Posted : Sunday, July 01, 2007 3:58:26 PM(UTC)
scottish

Yep, it RAINED!!! I was so pissed off yesterday, and the thing thats really annoying is....... today it was sunny!!! Its just absolutely typical though, i mean, i would have expected nothing less than that to happed to me!! :roll: I get half the money back, but i would have rather seen a full day's play!! Ah well, there was nothing to do but get drunk on ridiculously overpriced glasses of pimms!! How very Wimbledon! :lol:

The only good thing was........... I did get to see Sharapova play!! First time i,ve ever seen her play, quite impressive, and Sugiyama put up a bit of a fight, so it was quite a good match to watch! Got some photos which i,ll put up on the photo section or maybe in here at some point. One thing about that match, the linesman on the bottom baseline was appaling, i mean we could all see that the balls were in and he was calling them out!! And we were up in the stands!! And some of Sugiyama's serves were also mighty close to the line if not out! But some impressive hard hitting, you really get such a better idea of it in the flesh, on tv it's hard to tell, but seeing it live and in person you really see the skill it takes and the power she has.

Anyway my picks now the poms are out....

In the men's its always hard to look past Federer. My outsider is Youzhny.

In the women's its wide open, most people think the winner will come from the Justine V Serena match, but after seeing Maria I think she looks quite good, shoulder didn't really seem to be bothering her, and her serve yesterday was really something else, something to see, i mean some of them were very impressive, and if she keeps that up i think she has a good shot! :D
scottish
#37 Posted : Sunday, July 01, 2007 3:58:26 PM(UTC)
scottish

Yep, it RAINED!!! I was so pissed off yesterday, and the thing thats really annoying is....... today it was sunny!!! Its just absolutely typical though, i mean, i would have expected nothing less than that to happed to me!! :roll: I get half the money back, but i would have rather seen a full day's play!! Ah well, there was nothing to do but get drunk on ridiculously overpriced glasses of pimms!! How very Wimbledon! :lol:

The only good thing was........... I did get to see Sharapova play!! First time i,ve ever seen her play, quite impressive, and Sugiyama put up a bit of a fight, so it was quite a good match to watch! Got some photos which i,ll put up on the photo section or maybe in here at some point. One thing about that match, the linesman on the bottom baseline was appaling, i mean we could all see that the balls were in and he was calling them out!! And we were up in the stands!! And some of Sugiyama's serves were also mighty close to the line if not out! But some impressive hard hitting, you really get such a better idea of it in the flesh, on tv it's hard to tell, but seeing it live and in person you really see the skill it takes and the power she has.

In the women's its wide open, most people think the winner will come from the Justine V Serena match, but after seeing Maria I think she looks quite good, shoulder didn't really seem to be bothering her, and her serve yesterday was really something else, something to see, i mean some of them were very impressive, and if she keeps that up i think she has a good shot! :D
scottish
#62 Posted : Sunday, July 01, 2007 3:58:26 PM(UTC)
scottish

scottish
#63 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2007 6:10:11 PM(UTC)
scottish

God damn it, i got a ticket for centre court for tomorrow on the internet, they are selling a very limite number each night online and they are like gold dust......gone within 60 seconds!! I managed to get one, it said this ticket will be held for 2 minutes and then my computer lost the internet connection!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: After Saturday and now this........I must have committed some heinous crime against tennis in a former life!!!! :lol: Oh well, i,ll keep trying every night, looks like it might be more rain tomorrow anyway so maybe i was lucky!! Would have got to see the Venus V Maria match though assuming they manage to get it played!!!!

Youzhny has a game very well suited to grass, in fact i remember seeing him at Wimbledon years ago, or maybe it was at Queens, anyway it was on grass, before he was particularly well known, i think he was only 18 or 19 and at the time i remembered thinking that this guy could do some serious damage on grass, and this year he seems to have finally found some the mental strength to match his game! I don't think it will be Nadal, although he is better, but his shots are still too topspin heavy for grass and Federer would demolish him again in the final anyway.

After what happened to Serena today it looks as if maybe it will be Justine in the final!! And Mauresmo is looking alright, she seems to have found some form after a pretty dismal year so far, Pova definately has her work cut out!!
scottish
#38 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2007 6:10:11 PM(UTC)
scottish

God damn it, i got a ticket for centre court for tomorrow on the internet, they are selling a very limite number each night online and they are like gold dust......gone within 60 seconds!! I managed to get one, it said this ticket will be held for 2 minutes and then my computer lost the internet connection!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: After Saturday and now this........I must have committed some heinous crime against tennis in a former life!!!! :lol: Oh well, i,ll keep trying every night, looks like it might be more rain tomorrow anyway so maybe i was lucky!! Would have got to see the Venus V Maria match though assuming they manage to get it played!!!!

Youzhny has a game very well suited to grass, in fact i remember seeing him at Wimbledon years ago, or maybe it was at Queens, anyway it was on grass, before he was particularly well known, i think he was only 18 or 19 and at the time i remembered thinking that this guy could do some serious damage on grass, and this year he seems to have finally found some the mental strength to match his game! I don't think it will be Nadal, although he is better, but his shots are still too topspin heavy for grass and Federer would demolish him again in the final anyway.

After what happened to Serena today it looks as if maybe it will be Justine in the final!! And Mauresmo is looking alright, she seems to have found some form after a pretty dismal year so far, Pova definately has her work cut out!!
scottish
#48 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2007 6:10:11 PM(UTC)
scottish

Siiri
#72 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2007 6:45:31 AM(UTC)
Siiri

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I want Söderling to win...
Siiri
#77 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2007 6:45:31 AM(UTC)
Siiri

Siiri
#82 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2007 6:45:31 AM(UTC)
Siiri

scottish
#49 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2007 5:03:16 PM(UTC)
scottish

Nevermind Zeebraal, now you are free to watch the rain fuelled exploits of Wimbledon!!! Never before can i remember so much rain at Wimbledon!!! In fact this is now officially the wettest June ever in the UK!!!! Imagine that!! Well you don't need to imagine it actually because you are catching the live show everyday at Wimbledon!! There is loads of flooding up in northern England, and if any of you saw the pictures of the lighting and stuff at Wimbledon today you,ll understand how that's possible!! Its actually ruining my enjoyment of Wimbledon though all this rain, it really upsets the matches and they never seem to settle down into a proper match, proper rhythm!!

Anyway some good news for me today...............I have managed to get Centre Court tickets for Thursday!!! Pray for no rain.....PRAY FOR NO RAIN!!!! PLEASE!!!! Hopefully i may get to see Pova play again, possibly the quarter finals, although it really should be the semi's by Thursday but that doesn't look likely!! Anyway i,m looking forward to that. I may even get to see the great man himself.........Mr Federer, in the flesh!!! Hitting tennis balls right in front of my unworthy little eyes!!!

I imagine seeing Federer play on the hallowed turf of Centre Court at SW19 is something akin to a religious experience!!! :lol: This is his spiritual home, where he slays all before him as if they were nothing more than a minor annoyance, a piece of chewing gum or dog crap that he has to shake off the bottom of his personalised Federer emblem encrusted shoes!!! :lol: To see that backhand, to see the exquisite volleys, to be in the presence of his cunning brain, to gaze over at Mirka and wish that i was sitting in that seat :lol: I may not return to these boards as the same person, i warn you all now!!! :lol:

P.S check out my photos of the Maria Vs Sugiyama match in the Photos section!! Some alright ones in there i think, but i didn't take that many because i prefer just to watch the match rather than sit there snapping away!! :D
scottish
#39 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2007 5:03:16 PM(UTC)
scottish

Nevermind Zeebraal, now you are free to watch the rain fuelled exploits of Wimbledon!!! Never before can i remember so much rain at Wimbledon!!! In fact this is now officially the wettest June ever in the UK!!!! Imagine that!! Well you don't need to imagine it actually because you are catching the live show everyday at Wimbledon!! There is loads of flooding up in northern England, and if any of you saw the pictures of the lighting and stuff at Wimbledon today you,ll understand how that's possible!! Its actually ruining my enjoyment of Wimbledon though all this rain, it really upsets the matches and they never seem to settle down into a proper match, proper rhythm!!

Anyway some good news for me today...............I have managed to get Centre Court tickets for Thursday!!! Pray for no rain.....PRAY FOR NO RAIN!!!! PLEASE!!!! Hopefully i may get to see Pova play again, possibly the quarter finals, although it really should be the semi's by Thursday but that doesn't look likely!! Anyway i,m looking forward to that. I may even get to see the great man himself.........Mr Federer, in the flesh!!! Hitting tennis balls right in front of my unworthy little eyes!!!

I imagine seeing Federer play on the hallowed turf of Centre Court at SW19 is something akin to a religious experience!!! :lol: This is his spiritual home, where he slays all before him as if they were nothing more than a minor annoyance, a piece of chewing gum or dog crap that he has to shake off the bottom of his personalised Federer emblem encrusted shoes!!! :lol: To see that backhand, to see the exquisite volleys, to be in the presence of his cunning brain, to gaze over at Mirka and wish that i was sitting in that seat :lol: I may not return to these boards as the same person, i warn you all now!!! :lol:

P.S check out my photos of the Maria Vs Sugiyama match in the Photos section!! Some alright ones in there i think, but i didn't take that many because i prefer just to watch the match rather than sit there snapping away!! :D
scottish
#64 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2007 5:03:16 PM(UTC)
scottish

Imnumber2
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 04, 2007 1:43:46 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Jenkovic is the real JOKE here!! I mean lost to I don't know who.......... Venus might not be consistent but in grass, she is sure one of the best player. She has won 3 times in Wimbledon so lossing to Venus is no surprise to me. Although you must be in top shape to play against some one like Venus because she moves very well on grass.

It's sure a disappointement to me and I just still cannot believe that her dad thinks he is still capable of coach Maria here!!! come one I think you have done your part to bring her up to this level and BRAVO!!!....but that's it!!! You cannot do more than this and it shows that you can't neither help Maria to improve her game plan!! so step down Yuri!!! for the sake of your daughter!!!!
Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
Imnumber2
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 04, 2007 1:43:46 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

Jenkovic is the real JOKE here!! I mean lost to I don't know who.......... Venus might not be consistent but in grass, she is sure one of the best player. She has won 3 times in Wimbledon so lossing to Venus is no surprise to me. Although you must be in top shape to play against some one like Venus because she moves very well on grass.

It's sure a disappointement to me and I just still cannot believe that her dad thinks he is still capable of coach Maria here!!! come one I think you have done your part to bring her up to this level and BRAVO!!!....but that's it!!! You cannot do more than this and it shows that you can't neither help Maria to improve her game plan!! so step down Yuri!!! for the sake of your daughter!!!!
Imnumber2
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 04, 2007 1:43:46 PM(UTC)
Imnumber2

scottish
#50 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:08:39 PM(UTC)
scottish

Imnumber2]J
Jenkovic is the real JOKE here!! I mean lost to I don't know who..........

I bet this person feels like an idiot now!!! Bartoli beat Henin, supposedly the woman who was going to win Wimbledon this year according to ever pundit who ever put their two pennies worth in!!! Well done to Bartoli though, she showed she has bottle, and i think if she gets herself fitter and more in shape and maybe works on her serve a little she'll be around in the grand slams in the future. :wink:
scottish
#65 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:08:39 PM(UTC)
scottish

Imnumber2]J
Jenkovic is the real JOKE here!! I mean lost to I don't know who..........

I bet this person feels like an idiot now!!! Bartoli beat Henin, supposedly the woman who was going to win Wimbledon this year according to ever pundit who ever put their two pennies worth in!!! Well done to Bartoli though, she showed she has bottle, and i think if she gets herself fitter and more in shape and maybe works on her serve a little she'll be around in the grand slams in the future. :wink: