logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages123>»
Tokyo Toray Pan-Pacific Sep 26 - Oct 2
paul_pipkin
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 9:42:31 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Philli posted:

[quote user="Philli"]

Next tournament ..Tokyo..starts on 26th Sept.  Because JJ retired in the first set of the final, Maria will be defending 900 points.  The Following week she 'should' be playing in the China Open where she made it to the third round, defending 125 points.  Both tournys are laced with big players.

News from Tokyo: Starting from World’s Strong Tennis Queen, Serena Williams, World’s Top players will participate this Tournament including Top 10 Player Jelena Jankovic, Caroline Wozniacki and Elena Dementieva. In addition to Top 10 Player, Roland Garros Winner Francesca Schiavone, Finalist Samantha Stosur, Wimbledon Finalist Vera Zvonareva and Super Idol in Tennis World Maria Sharapova will gather at Ariake.

It will definitely be remarkable showdown to see Maria Sharapova to become consecutive winner at her lucky place Tokyo or Serena Williams to win in her first competition at Toray PPO. Another intriguing play will be next generation’s #1 player candidate Caroline Wozniacki and her best friends and good rivals Victoria Azarenka and Agnieszka Radwanska. Nonetheless, Japanese player Kimiko Date-Krumm’s winning of her first round gathers public expectation.

[/quote]

As always, Tokyo releases a list of everybody they hope MIGHT play. [:P] Don't take that roster to the bank. If I were Lenochka, I'd boycott it--last year Dementieva was personally targeted by the corrupt umpire Cramer while no less questionable WTA boss Alaster sat there and sneered. But Elena seems to enter everything now so I suppose she'll be there. Will Serena show? Dunno. Last year she was afraid to appear in Japan due to the famous USO picture. Her crew is gonna have to be sure that's blown over because the Sweathawg has as little tolerance for being booed as she does for the heat.

MASHA more or less HAS to play to defend points. Princess, now possessed by an arrogance that, if anything, exceeds that of Yankees, imagines she rules the Pacific Rim. While I suspect neither she nor Political Pete has a clue what it takes to SUSTAIN popularity out there, I'm looking for Caro to contend.

What's problematic with Tokyo is the LACK of ELECTRONIC CHALLENGE that permitted last year's official misconduct. Unless they've gotten Hawkeye in the Ariake, that's still an issue. OTOH, something HAS changed. I think last year they underestimated the number of viewers able to access the GAORA TV host. In fact, at least hundreds of thousands globally SAW the criminality go down. THIS year, they know better. We can be pretty sure there won't be blatant hanky-panky in the eleven matches shown by TennisTv.com (starting Sep 27) and that should shield Maria somewhat.

But Princess has become a global media promotion, so you never know. I tell ya what: I'll trust Beijing 1000% over Tokyo. [;)]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Philli
#310 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 10:27:19 AM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Yes Paul, I simply copied and posted the info from the Tokyo website (after translating it..saw no point in putting it up in Japanese[:D]). 

The points she made at the Open wont help Maria much and she may well not be seeded.  Last year, because she got into the Final, she had a 1st round Bye at the Chinese Open the following week.  That didn't help much either, she went out in the 3rd round.  The same old problem...back to back tournaments. 

I simply cant understand why, at 23, she cannot find the energy to play two tournaments in a row.  Hate to say this but Caroline is now playing her 5th in a row.  Even at 20, Maria didn't do that.  In 2005...she played 2 tourneys back to back but only played 10 all year.  Same in 2006 ..only two back to back...2 tier 4 tourneys..Zurich and Lenz. 2007, also only 10 tourneys, but cancelled 6 others and no back to back.

So you see my doubts?  I dont think she will appear in China for the Open.  'Something ' will keep her out of it. 

COUNT_ZERO
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 10:42:06 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Masha will play Tokyo as well as in China, because China is a Permier Mandatory tournament. also read the news guys she announced she will play both.
COUNT_ZERO
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 10:48:52 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="COUNT_ZERO"]Masha will play Tokyo as well as in China, because China is a Permier Mandatory tournament. also read the news guys she announced she will play both.[/quote]

also to mention is that she has to defend only 800 points in Tokyo because lat year they awarded only 800. this year it offers 900 :P

TOKYO
TOKYOSEE ALL TOKYO RESULTS FOR SHARAPOVA

TOUR, JAPAN, SEPTEMBER 27 2009, $2,000,000, HARD (O)

DRAW: 64M/32Q/16D, RANK: 25 SEED/ENTRY: /

RNDOPPONENTRANKW/LSCORER64H2H SCHIAVONE, FRANCESCA (ITA)27W4-6 7-5 6-1 R32H2H (12) STOSUR, SAMANTHA (AUS)15W6-0 6-1 R16H2H KLEYBANOVA, ALISA (RUS)29W2-6 6-2 6-2 QH2H BENESOVA, IVETA (CZE)39W6-4 7-5 SH2H (11) RADWANSKA, AGNIESZKA (POL)12W6-3 2-6 6-4 FH2H (7) JANKOVIC, JELENA (SRB)8W5-2 RET

WTA CHAMPIONSHIP PTS: 800 WTA RANKING PTS: 800 PRIZE MONEY: $350,000 

paul_pipkin
#256 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 11:03:09 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)

Also Beijing, like Moscow, is among the MAYBE five or six "combined events" that treat the women right. WTA purports to be all about representing women, but they're way big on these bullsh!t combined tournaments that screw the girls on scheduling, court assignments, media coverage & everything else. Overall, these things are nothing but residue of Larry Scott's failed efforts to force the fusion of men's and women's tennis. Like I say, you can count on one hand those that are worth a damn.

If she had to cut one or the other, I vote to play Beijing. Still, as noted, Maria has winner points to defend in Tokyo and Beijing not so much. But she's got several weeks off here. I think she'll appear at both. [H]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
Nella
#242 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 12:53:36 PM(UTC)

[quote user="Philli"]

Yes Paul, I simply copied and posted the info from the Tokyo website (after translating it..saw no point in putting it up in Japanese[:D]). 

The points she made at the Open wont help Maria much and she may well not be seeded.  Last year, because she got into the Final, she had a 1st round Bye at the Chinese Open the following week.  That didn't help much either, she went out in the 3rd round.  The same old problem...back to back tournaments. 

I simply cant understand why, at 23, she cannot find the energy to play two tournaments in a row.  Hate to say this but Caroline is now playing her 5th in a row.  Even at 20, Maria didn't do that.  In 2005...she played 2 tourneys back to back but only played 10 all year.  Same in 2006 ..only two back to back...2 tier 4 tourneys..Zurich and Lenz. 2007, also only 10 tourneys, but cancelled 6 others and no back to back.

So you see my doubts?  I dont think she will appear in China for the Open.  'Something ' will keep her out of it. 

[/quote] Boring news. You keep repeating about back to back tournaments. If someone is happy , it's you !!  You have the change to see Maria play in 2 tournament. That's what fans do , ......................wright ??
katmilr
#203 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 1:58:48 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)
4 more weeks until we see her again? [:(]
Nella
#243 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 2:55:07 PM(UTC)

[quote user="katmilr"]4 more weeks until we see her again? [:(]
[/quote] Can you not count. Today it's September 7 and the tournament starts september 26 !!
Philli
#311 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 2:56:43 PM(UTC)
Philli

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

19 Days actually.  A week has 7 days in case you didn't know  That's 2 weeks and 5 days.

But I still stand by what I said.  Despite all the BS that she puts out in interviews while she is talking to the table because she cant look people in the eyes and tell lies, Maria does NOT want to be back in the top ten..It would be too much work for her to comply with Roadmap requirements.  She's happy being in the top twenty, she call pull in those Junior tournaments and make believe she is invincible.

giane
#158 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2010 10:31:26 PM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)

^^lol..:D

well, hmm.., this is where i first saw maria playing! hope her victory will be on again.. 

she must win this tourney as she did last year,.. 

DAVAI!   [;)] cant wait for Asian tourneys!..

shrapi
#329 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:35:11 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The problem is that she has not enough power in her body.

She cannot eat like normal people.

She always has to be in view of her photo-shoots,

holding her body in good shape.

No muscles.( it would look ogly ).

No strenght for two tournaments in a row, I think.

Hamoudi
#190 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:53:35 AM(UTC)
Hamoudi

Okay if that’s true, then why she won Wimbledon when she was 16 against Serena ? Convincing answer please  

shrapi
#330 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:23:07 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Because then she had only her tennis career in mind,

preparing therefore, training hard.

By the way, it's only my opinion, I must not convince You.

COUNT_ZERO
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:38:28 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

Hamoudi dont bother cuz all who dis-consider Masha are just clowns. The one who say that she is 23 and has only 3 grand slams titles and that she should have had many more are simply clowns. Winning a major is not that easy; Just looking at the TV and judging is very easy, but actually doing it is more difficult than u guys think. Stop all the trash talk! Masha had 2 grand slams at the age of 20 ... Caroline has 0 Slams by the same age... so stop saying Caro is better and Masha sucks, cuz ur totally wrong about it. Getting back to her A game takes time, so be patient. Real fans of Masha and real fans of tennis know that and appreciate everything this girl has given to this Sport. She will be back to her A game very soon.... Look at the players left in the US Open draw and u can see Maria was just unlucky with the draw. Her game is a as good as a semifinal.. or better said her game is top 4 in the world right now. Rankings don't always reflect reality. for example look at JJ she is # 4 in the world .. is her game as good as #4 ?! right answer NO... so dont judge a player only based on  the rankings, cuz they dont  always reflect the reality.  

PS: for a all who say Masha is not working hard ... she took just 3 day off since she lost to Caroline .. she is scheduled to have a practice at the Academy in FL, on Friday morning.. so STOP all this BS!

COUNT_ZERO
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:41:02 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="shrapi"]

[/quote]

are u an IDIOT or a Retard "?!. ... she will play Tokyo and Beijing ( two in a row)!!!!! READ the NEWS before u make a comment. 

COUNT_ZERO
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:50:45 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="COUNT_ZERO"][quote user="shrapi"]

[/quote]

are u an IDIOT or a Retard "?!. ... she will play Tokyo and Beijing ( two in a row)!!!!! READ the NEWS before u make a comment. 

[/quote]

No muscles ?! no strength?.... dude u really are an idiot . GOSH find another hobby than just writing on this forum.  Masha has plenty of muscles in her body... she has enough strength to play as many tournaments  she wants...

Value is not measured in how many tournaments she plays. Real champions play 14-16 tournaments a year ( ex: Masha, Venus, Kim, Serena). So stop criticizing and start practicing a Sport... looser!  

CROUCHING TIGER
#44 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 5:17:13 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1722 post(s)

LISTEN U BLOODY MOTHERFOCKING RETARD OF A FANBOY. U BETTER SHUT UP THAT SH!THOLE OF A BIGMOUTH BEFORE U CALL SOMEONE LIKE shrapi A RETARD. U BETTER LOOK AROUND BEFORE U POST SOME NIHILISTIC BULL 'COS WE LIKE DISTINGUISHED MEMBERS HERE, SH!THEAD(AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT...EAT IT). WITH THOSE 17 NONSENSE-POST U'RE A NOBODY, A PIECE OF CRAP AND WE NORMALLY DON'T RESPOND AT A PILE LIKE U. BETTER NOT FOCK WITH ME "COUNT", U COULD REGRET IT. GOT IT??? [:@]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
COUNT_ZERO
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 5:24:07 AM(UTC)
COUNT_ZERO

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]

LISTEN U BLOODY MOTHERFOCKING RETARD OF A FANBOY. U BETTER SHUT UP THAT SH!THOLE OF A BIGMOUTH BEFORE U CALL SOMEONE LIKE shrapi A RETARD. U BETTER LOOK AROUND BEFORE U POST SOME NIHILISTIC BULL 'COS WE LIKE DISTINGUISHED MEMBERS HERE, SH!THEAD(AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT...EAT IT). WITH THOSE 17 NONSENSE-POST U'RE A NOBODY, A PIECE OF CRAP AND WE NORMALLY DON'T RESPOND AT A PILE LIKE U. BETTER NOT FOCK WITH ME "COUNT", U COULD REGRET IT. GOT IT??? [:@]

[/quote]

again not the number of posts make u interesting... the same i was saying abt ur little gay friend... it seems u are an idiot as well cuz what makes the difference for u is quanity not quality ( refering at ur posts which are 99% CRAP ) ...  

shrapi
#331 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 6:11:19 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Thanks COUNT ZERO, IDIOT and Retard

As Your name says, it COUNTS ZERO to me,

Your opinion.

CROUCHING TIGER
#45 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 6:24:06 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1722 post(s)
Don't bother, shrapi, we normally don't answer crap like this...so FLUSHING and away it goes. Hope we can stick together here and don't reply to this anymore.... and let the count continue spreading it all over his posters.[|-)] 

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD