logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<34567>»
Maria Kirilenko
mashadabest
#122 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:06:14 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Oh gosh Buffy and Angel [|-)] lol two shows I really don't get at all. [:S]  I don't really like the kind of shows/films where unrealistic things happen, I mean like films with vampires and monsters and aliens, cos let's face it they aren't real, hence I get bored.  I am more into comedies like Friends, Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives or teenage drama kind of shows like The OC.  Although all the shows I like are getting or have gotten cancelled - The OC, Samantha Who?, Privileged, and now Ugly Betty [:O] [:'(].  I wouldn't be surprised if Heroes follows them, cos it's a little dull lately. [:S]  I don't think there will ever be a series that lasts as long as Friends, the TV networks and stuff are way too impatient these days, as soon as ratings dip they just cancel the show. [8o|] [:(] Anyways right now it seems like it's time for sci-fi series', what with True Blood, The Vampire Diary or something, Heroes, Dollhouse...
midaso
#143 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:21:33 PM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

[quote user="mashadabest"]I don't think there will ever be a series that lasts as long as Friends,[/quote]

The Simpsons(1989-) is soon to equal Gunsmoke(1955-1975) as the longest running primetime show in US history...

The Simpsons - what would life be without it? Consistently sublime...

mashadabest
#123 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:44:45 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="midaso"]

[quote user="mashadabest"]I don't think there will ever be a series that lasts as long as Friends,[/quote]

The Simpsons(1989-) is soon to equal Gunsmoke(1955-1975) as the longest running primetime show in US history...

[/quote]

Gunsmoke wtf?  Never heard of that lol.  And oh yeah I used to seriously LOVE The Simpsons, but I grew out of it. [:S]  I think most girls grow out of it, while boys seem to watch it forever lol. [:|]  I think Friends is still the most popular show ever though, I don't know a single person who hasn't seen at least one episode of it, and I also don't know anyone who doesn't like it. [:D]

midaso
#144 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2010 8:55:10 PM(UTC)
midaso

[quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="midaso"]

[/quote]

Gunsmoke wtf?  Never heard of that lol.  And oh yeah I used to seriously LOVE The Simpsons, but I grew out of it. [:S]  I think most girls grow out of it, while boys seem to watch it forever lol. [:|]  I think Friends is still the most popular show ever though, I don't know a single person who hasn't seen at least one episode of it, and I also don't know anyone who doesn't like it. [:D]

[/quote]

Friends is OK,but the Simpsons is in another league. It is a genius show. It is not for kids,they wouldn't understand half the pop culture references and satires...

But it's not the most popular ever. Baywatch I'm pretty sure still retains that honour. I'm pretty sure The Simpsons would up there as well. I may be mistaken,but in the Nielsen ratings,I think Friends was only the #1 show in America in 1 of it's 11 odd seasons...

mashadabest
#124 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2010 9:27:58 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="midaso"][quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="midaso"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Friends is OK,but the Simpsons is in another league. It is a genius show. It is not for kids,they wouldn't understand half the pop culture references and satires...

But it's not the most popular ever. Baywatch I'm pretty sure still retains that honour. I'm pretty sure The Simpsons would up there as well. I may be mistaken,but in the Nielsen ratings,I think Friends was only the #1 show in America in 1 of it's 11 odd seasons...

[/quote]

Oh gosh Baywatch, a bunch of "hot" people running around in slow motion on a beach [8-)] oh well at least there is nice scenery, I mean the sand and sea and stuff...

And Friends, well I often hear about how it tops lists as being the best show of all time, and for sure the best sitcom!  You just need to look at a UK TV Guide to see how popular it is, it's shown on 4 different channels on my TV and there are multiple episodes everyday!!  I think it's shown about at least 10 times a day. [:D]

midaso
#145 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2010 11:29:09 PM(UTC)
midaso

^The best show of all time? I don't think many people would consider it that.

The main problem is - the ones considered the best would usually be the most original

There was a show pretty similar to Friends which started 4 years earlier,except it was a lot smarter,a lot better. The show was called Seinfeld...

mashadabest
#125 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2010 7:33:44 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

I can guarantee you that if you picked a random sample of people from the population lol and asked them which was better Friends or Seinfield, the majority would tell you Friends!  That show is legendary!!!
midaso
#146 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 12:50:33 AM(UTC)
midaso

^Nah - Seinfeld still has a massive following,Jerry Seinfeld is one of the highest earning celebrities to this day from that show. Most would consider it the defining show of the 90s...

mashadabest
#126 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:18:18 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

^ You will never guess what happened, just when I was going on about how great Friends is and this happens...

After 15 years of airing reruns of Friends, U.K.'s Channel 4
announced today that it will not renew its licensing deal for the show
beyond 2011. Though the show has been a massive hit in England, still
drawing almost 400,000 viewers per night, the channel said they are
hoping to free up airtime for “more contemporary youth-oriented fare.”

paul_pipkin
#181 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:11:41 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)
It's generational, Dee. [;)] You're getting older now, behind the media curve... Soon you'll hang it up & look for Seinfield reruns...
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
mashadabest
#127 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:18:21 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Well I may have no choice, cos it won't be on anymore [:(] though I don't think this Seinfield is either [:|].  It doesn't make sense, they show some crappy shows that no-one gives a crap about and they cut Friends arghhh I should start a petition. [:|]
paul_pipkin
#182 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2010 6:19:30 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Kiri lost her first Dubai round 63 60 to Russian qualifier 21-year old Regina Kulikova. It's a rather Russian corner of the draw--Regina may next play Petrova and later possibly Kuzi. Tough draw, Dubai, but I think it's probably fair.

http://www.sonyericssonw...a-kulikova_2257889_10733 

mashadabest
#128 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2010 6:28:42 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[:|] Oh gosh I hope Kiri's not gonna start playing crap again. [:(] Her run at the AO gave me hope that she was gonna be one of the top players.
giane
#70 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2010 1:24:22 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
what happened at her at the AO?  how long she has been? i mean did she make it until finals?
paul_pipkin
#183 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2010 8:56:01 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Quarterfinal. The first round win over Masha gave her confidence, then she lucked out when Safina had to retire.
giane
#71 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2010 9:06:49 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
oh i see.. but it's nice that she has gone that far.. :))
M-faitH
#137 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:44:26 PM(UTC)
M-faitH

hi all!

gotta admit i haven't been following her much since the aussie :(

anyone knows how she's doing cos i haven't really seen any of her matches since then?

dinara :D
#20 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:05:09 PM(UTC)
dinara :D

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
^ Maria lost to Wozniacki at the third round of BNP Paribas. And for the doubles, she and Aga lost at the quarters. 
M-faitH
#138 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:18:19 PM(UTC)
M-faitH

my oh my, this IW is a total disaster from my point of view :(

i hope she does well in miami!!

fking_crazy
#63 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2010 2:29:28 AM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You people don't expect too much from Kiri! Let her play her way with her rythm! If she can go that far sometimes, it's fine. But don't push her to reach the semis or final at every tournament! Otherwise she will get damaged like many other players. I don't want my Kiri to get injured, OK?